Character Speculation (As Units)

Hello! I saw a post on Tumblr that brought up the idea of Tsubaki being a reverse-Libra for the game. Appears and sounds male, but is actually female. Basically like Kashima from Nozaki-kun. Any thoughts? I personally hope Tsubaki is female and there is a female Fighter like many are speculating because that'd mean less gender-troping.

Hello! I saw a post on Tumblr that brought up the idea of Tsubaki being a reverse-Libra for the game. Appears and sounds male, but is actually female. Basically like Kashima from Nozaki-kun. Any thoughts? I personally hope Tsubaki is female and there is a female Fighter like many are speculating because that'd mean less gender-troping.

Man, that would be so disappointing. I really want to have a male Pegasus Knight.

Wait don't you mean you personally hope Tsubaki is a male for less gender-troping? Pegasi riders have always been female...

If Tsubaki was to supposed to be a woman then he would have been designed as one.

And Libra was designed as a man.

Well..no lol

There's usually one girl that looks masculine and a boy that looks feminine. The joke with libra was he was designed to look and talk like a female but he's actually a male.

I never once thought Libra was female or even looked female. He has the body shape of a man. They did give him a woman's voice. They didn't have to, but they did. That aggravates me to no end... His voice is the only feminine thing about him to me.

Edited by Sir_Frederick

Well..no lol

There's usually one girl that looks masculine and a boy that looks feminine.

Making a man have long hair doesn't turn him into a woman.

The joke with libra was he was designed to look and talk like a female but he's actually a male.

Libra's body besides his head was hard to confuse for a woman's.

Making a man have long hair doesn't turn him into a woman.

Libra's body besides his head was hard to confuse for a woman's.

The problem here is that apparently the artist thinks that, as most the characters in Awakening somehow mistake Libra for a woman.

This pegasus thing is really posing a problem to a lot of people it seems. The thing is, I think it's fair to think that pegasus are the Hoshido's opposite to Nohr's wyverns, and in that regard it would make sense that both genders can now ride them, because it's the only flying force they'd have at their disposition and wyverns have no such problems. Moreover, in the beginning of the first trailer that I've rewatched quite a few times recently, we do see pegasus ridden by regular soldiers -who definitely look male- like they're a large part of Hoshido's military force. It just seems like they have a precise and important place in this game that justified getting rid of this restriction. So basically, if Tsubaki is male I don't even think he's an exception here.

Edited by Cysx

I never once thought Libra was female or even looked female. He has the body shape of a man. They did give him a woman's voice. They didn't have to, but they did. That aggravates me to no end... His voice is the only feminine thing about him to me.

I agree, I never did either. He just looked like a normal religious figure to me.

Even his voice didn't confuse me, I've heard men with that kind of soothing voice before, and I kind of liked it as it fit his generally gentle personality.

I know not many people saw him as a female(me including) but I was referring to the joke aspect of his design. They went as far as the feminine face and voice without altering his male body shape to make a small joke in the game that would fool other characters and some players

I agree, I never did either. He just looked like a normal religious figure to me.

Even his voice didn't confuse me, I've heard men with that kind of soothing voice before, and I kind of liked it as it fit his generally gentle personality.

Yeah, I got used to his voice the more I used him. I would've liked a more masculine, deeper voice but that would have gone against their joke.