Theories of the 3rd route.

Jedi

Theories on what the third route will be?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd Route?

• Common Enemy appears and forces Nohr and Hoshido to team up
    • Kamui raises his/her own force to take both out.
    • Other (describe)

So I'm curious what you all think this 3rd route will become before we get more details on it! I'm actually expecting a very SMT style neutral route idea, wherein you fight both sides to absolute destruction and remake both with their ideals BALANCED.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the third route will deal with Kamui's inability to fight either his kin or his adoptive family, and as such he'll just try to eliminate the real source of the war, those pushing for it and stopping disputes only when absolutely necessary. I assume that Kamui will feel a bit manipulated and used throughout the game since he seems to possess some impressive powers, so this will probably be the route where he really finds his own path.

It would be cool if, at the battlefield where it looks like you'll make the choice of which side to join, Kamui just leaves.

And of course, the obligatory "I'll make my own army with blackjack and hookers" joke.

Edited by Thane

With the way they're going about this game, I can't imagine the special 3rd route will be a simple "join everyone up to fight a common enemy." That said, I can't really imagine how it will play out, either. I don't really see "take both out" as a likely option. More likely some way of ending the war from the sidelines.

The weirdest thing I can come up with is not that interesting. The 3rd route will be RD'ish. There will be one kamui on each side and they will fite with might. With you controlling each side at different points in the game. And after a while the game will stop being weird and just do the ho-hum everyone joining up that red fox mentioned, like RD did. Perhaps some characters from each side will be killed by the other faction. RD missed out on doing that to named, faced characters.

I'm not that crazy about my idea tbh.

Marx and Ryouma join in political matri(?)mony

Kamui takes joined army and conquer the continent

(semi-joking: However I really would like a route where I hopefully won't have to kill either of Kamui family, adopted or biological, pairing is nice but optional but I just want them all to live ok)

Edited by Thor Odinson

Marx and Ryouma join in political matri(?)mony

Kamui takes joined army and conquer the continent

(semi-joking: However I really would like a route where I hopefully won't have to kill either of Kamui family, adopted or biological, pairing is nice but optional but I just want them all to live ok)

Same. And this ending is probably going to end up being canon or something.

He's probably gonna take dancer chick and the two maids and make them his harem. Wouldn't be the first time FE had polygamy.

I'm sure it'll be along the lines of "team up with the dancer to recruit an army, which is mainly just units from both sides, try to stop war." I'm sure I'll be okay/happy with it either way. Hopefully we might get a few new units but since it's DLC of sorts I doubt it.

I'm sure it'll be along the lines of "team up with the dancer to recruit an army, which is mainly just units from both sides, try to stop war." I'm sure I'll be okay/happy with it either way.

And then it's revealed Aqua is the Ner'zhul to Kamui's Arthas. Complete with a merge.

Edited by Saladus

I feel like Kamui will just refuse to choose. Then perhaps he/she just tries to run away from the war only to be put right back into it and go on from there.

But I have to say, I really don't hope that it ends up having an objectively far more fulfilling conclusion than the other two, since, you know, it's dlc, and having to pay to get the "true ending" is bound to cause some drama. Justified drama, might I add.

Well, I'm a bloody dragon.

I don't work for them... they work for ME. Otherwise I take my ball and go home.

That's what I think it'll end up being. You're too much of an asset for either side to just ignore.

I think that he'll try to seek a solution that both parties will be satisfied with. Trying to bring about peace but independently of either side.

I feel like this is the thing IS is going to choose for the 3rd path.

brb, going to get depressed by sad FE:A song, here's the link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vBTizLUTs8

Here's a theory.

Kamui decides to overthrow Garon, eliminate the instigators of the war, as a One-Man Army. Though some units from both sides join him, he is operating alone most if the time, with increased stats coming from embracing his Kirin self.

Something I dislike in recent SMT games, is that in some of them, you got multiple endings. One of them being generally the Golden Ending 'We save everybody' and stuff.

And yeah, it make sense, it's a Golden Ending. but if there is an ending where everything is great and good, without any kind of bitterness. Well what's the point of doing the others path then ? Plus they generally bring the statue quo back, and it annoys me a lot.

So yeah, I hope the DLC won't be a canon rainbow path.

I mean, come on IS ! Give us some actual, badass stuff.

Edited by B.Leu

I personally and sadistically wish for an extremely dark and tragic story where you have to kill both families "for the greater good/evil/power". (Don't get me wrong, it's not like I wouldn't feel bad for the characters if they died.) Though realistically I don't expect IS to do something like that. It'll probably be a "golden ending" where you can recruit both sides if not every single unit, unless they'll make yet ANOTHER DLC which is unlikely.

Edited by Ryo

I really hope if IS goes for the 'golden ending' it will be something surprising, not some 'Evil dragon is about to destroy everything and we must team up to stop them' sort of shizz, though I'm not holding out for them to deviate.

I really hope if IS goes for the 'golden ending' it will be something surprising, not some 'Evil dragon is about to destroy everything and we must team up to stop them' sort of shizz, though I'm not holding out for them to deviate.

The problem with the third route being the best out of both worlds is that a lot of people will complain about having to pay extra to experience it. Hopefully, all routes are flawed, otherwise there'll be one "correct" choice, which would contradict the what they've promised us so far.

I really hope the 3rd path is something either crazy off-the-wall or super dark. Having it just be an "everyone is friends now let's go cuddle" path seems like a waste and would probably make people complain about "having to" buy the 3rd path to recruit everyone. It would be much more satisfying to see IS use this new design space to make something actually unique, such as actually playing a bad guy who's looking to conquer everyone or other such things.

I don't have any ideas as to what the third path will be, but I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised, and yes that's my only contribution.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too offput if it was a "golden ending" since I would just consider it non-canon and play it after the other 2 paths.