How to make a strong Griffon Rider?

Since they are locked to axes, Axefaire would be a good skill to have, as well as possibly Swordbreaker. Additionally, Iote's Shield would allow them to nullify their weakness to bows and wind magic.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

You're going to have a pretty tough time finding something Griffons can do that is a) useful and b) other classes can't do better. I wish it weren't so, but a combination of Bow Knight and Wyvern Lord pretty much completely eclipses them- BK has the same Str/Spd/Skl/Mov with generally better weapons, Wyvern has the same distribution/Mov with strictly better weapons, better Str and no major threshold losses from the -Spd/Skl (most cases of Griffons reaching 75 Spd while Wyverns fail to do so, such as Fred!Cynthia and Donnel!Kjelle, involve the unit in question not having Axefaire).

It's an awkward position to be in. I'd love to see them be better, but even the tools one would use on them were mods plentiful- namely an Axefaire/Galeforce combo- are Morgan-only on females: all girls either lack GF or Wyvern, and there are no Axefaire dads who pass either of those. Meanwhile, all males with Axefaire would vastly prefer (and always have) Berserker...

Well, they do have a +Luck bonus in pair-up, if I recall correctly, even if only +1 as the class-specific bonus (+6 after supports and the +3 for 30+ luck).

So they could be useful for ensuring that the lead character of a pair-up have enough luck to maintain perfect Armsthrift without using DLC, tonics, rallies, or other skills.

Because their bonus also includes strength, defense, and movement, this would be useful for supporting a strength-based Armsthrift character. Particularly if said character doesn't really need the overkill speed bonus of a Swordmaster and also doesn't need the larger luck bonus from a Swordmaster.

For example, for -1 luck characters like Cordelia, they have 44 luck at max stats. A Griffon Rider hard-support pair-up gives her and others like her [similar luck and Armsthrift access] perfect 50 luck Armsthrift without the need for DLC, skills, or the maintenance of rallies being reapplied each turn or buying tonics.

Which character do you want to promote to a Griffon Rider?

I was considering making Cherche one because of her choices of classes leaning towards support and her somewhat low speed. I looked at other people and they have better class choices. its too bad they didn't get higher skill and speed, plus the chance to use a sword. Oh well. :(:

I was considering making Cherche one because of her choices of classes leaning towards support and her somewhat low speed. I looked at other people and they have better class choices. its too bad they didn't get higher skill and speed, plus the chance to use a sword. Oh well. :(:

In my very first successful lunatic run, I decided to make her a war cleric with the intention of gathering exp via staffs. After she got Renewal I reclassed her back to Wyvern Lord and she was an insurmountable wall for the enemies.

In my very first successful lunatic run, I decided to make her a war cleric with the intention of gathering exp via staffs. After she got Renewal I reclassed her back to Wyvern Lord and she was an insurmountable wall for the enemies.

I have used her as a Dragon Lord before but I wish her speed would be a little higher. I think that I will make her a lord again. Did you have any lluck raiseing her resistance?

I have used her as a Dragon Lord before but I wish her speed would be a little higher. I think that I will make her a lord again. Did you have any lluck raiseing her resistance?

Not very much, I think it was a little above 20 by the end of the game, but I really put effort into her (experience wise) so that's not her forte. Quick burn, Tantivy and Renewal make her surprisingly difficult to kill though.

Edited by Knusperkeks

Not very much, I think it was a little above 20 by the end of the game, but I really put effort into her (experience wise) so that's not her forte. Quick burn, Tantivy and Renewal make her surprisingly difficult to kill though.

I liked Renewal/Duel Support/Swordbreaker/Quick Burn/Deliver