Most Important FE Characters Besides Marth and Ike

Randoman

That's kinda how I define a mascot (maybe I'm wrong)

Even Pikachu, he isn't really like Marth because before the anime he was just a random (and rare) monster in like one area. In later games he still doesn't show up very often. Just like Anna is just a random girl that shows up in menus, until Awakening.

Yeah but how relevant is it to discuss Pokemon without the anime? I would say the anime is to Pokemon what Smash is to Fire Emblem, in which Marth is the constant character to appear.

Ultimately I feel this argumen tis kind of pointless because I feel like people have completely different ideas as to what the criteria for "mascot" even is.

Edited by Radiant head

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We weren't talking about Ike though, it's a debate on whether Marth or Anna is the series mascot. :P

Touche. Though I'm aware :P

Why can't the series mascot just be the Fire Emblem? After all, that's the series's namesake...

Edited by icercube

Why can't the series mascot just be the Fire Emblem? After all, that's the series's namesake...

Doesn't it change form over the various games? Which Fire Emblem would you consider to be the "official" one?

Getting back on topic, I think Kris is a pretty important character as well, due to being the first example of character customization in the series, something plenty of people (including myself) like in video games.

Getting back on topic, I think Kris is a pretty important character as well, due to being the first example of character customization in the series, something plenty of people (including myself) like in video games.

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, it's Mark from FE7 (you choose the name and birthday). Kris is a self-insert, and he/she sort of took over a chunk of the story for no good reason.

TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, it's Mark from FE7 (you choose the name and birthday). Kris is a self-insert, and he/she sort of took over a chunk of the story for no good reason.

I'm not arguing in favor of Kris for his/her plot relevance, just for being the first example of character customization. Also, even if the intention was to make him/her an avatar, the user wasn't forced to make their own selves. I didn't mention Mark as his/her customization is drastically limited to what you mentioned (plus gender ;3), so you couldn't really create a character in terms of appearance at all, making the customization process underwhelming, in my opinion.

I'm not arguing in favor of Kris for his/her plot relevance, just for being the first example of character customization. Also, even if the intention was to make him/her an avatar, the user wasn't forced to make their own selves. I didn't mention Mark as his/her customization is drastically limited to what you mentioned (plus gender ;3), so you couldn't really create a character in terms of appearance at all, making the customization process underwhelming, in my opinion.

Don't forget blood type in the JPN version.

They went as far as blood type? o.o; Wonder why the English version got rid of that.

It was admittedly kinda pointless. All it did was alter affinity alongside birth month, but there are more months than affinities so Mark could have any affinity without blood type modifying.

Blood type isn't as big of a deal in the western countries as it is in Japan. Also, not a whole lot of people know their blood type off-hand, so it would have likely confused people playing it for the first time.

Blood type isn't as big of a deal in the western countries as it is in Japan. Also, not a whole lot of people know their blood type off-hand, so it would have likely confused people playing it for the first time.

Yeah the Princess Maker games in particular really love blood type . I forgot the personality quirks in Japan for the various types.

Doesn't it change form over the various games? Which Fire Emblem would you consider to be the "official" one?

I would say the first since it was the first...but maybe Nintendo/IS could design a new one and make it the official one?

The tactician's stars gave crit evade to everyone, and accuracy/avoid to those with the same affinity. It also gave Afa's Drops. Since Mark did have an impact on the game, even if it wasn't as a unit on the battlefield, and your choices affected which characters received the effect, it counts!

The tactician's stars gave crit evade to everyone, and accuracy/avoid to those with the same affinity. It also gave Afa's Drops. Since Mark did have an impact on the game, even if it wasn't as a unit on the battlefield, and your choices affected which characters received the effect, it counts!

It what?

If you mean +5 growth to characters with Mark's affinity, this site says it is a myth.

http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/miscellaneous/the-tactician/

It what?

If you mean +5 growth to characters with Mark's affinity, this site says it is a myth.

http://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/miscellaneous/the-tactician/

She means the Tactician Stars. For each star you get, everyone gets +(number of stars) Critical Evade. Those you share the same Affinity with also get an additional bonus of +(number of stars) Accuracy and Avoid bonus.

The choice of which Affinity you were and that you even made a tactician (apparently you don't get Afa's Drop if you don't make a tactician) affected the gameplay--even if minor.

She means the Tactician Stars. For each star you get, everyone gets +(number of stars) Critical Evade. Those you share the same Affinity with also get an additional bonus of +(number of stars) Accuracy and Avoid bonus.

The choice of which Affinity you were and that you even made a tactician (apparently you don't get Afa's Drop if you don't make a tactician) affected the gameplay--even if minor.

I knew about Tactician Stars, but not Afa's drops being exclusive to Tactician present files. That's a little weird.