Favourite Awakening Character

Hey, guys! Been playing Awakening again and I wondered what my personal favourite characters were. So I came up with this topic (yes, it's original!!! /sarcasm). If this exists somewhere already, then you (admins) have my sincere apologies and are free to close/delete this topic (if you're fine with it, that's fine too :D)

So... what are your favourite Fire Emblem Awakening characters? It can be for any reason: stats, personality, design, whatever you like about them.

Here are my personal top ten:

1 Avatar (both genders) (yeah, obviously)

2 Sumia (sweet, kind, strong and pretty? Yes, please!)

3 Nowi (because she has an adorable personality)

4 Say'ri (female Swordmaster. I'm sold!)

5 Chrom (yes, I genuinely like Chrom's character)

6 Severa (holy crap! Killing machine!)

7 Morgan (both genders) (see above)

8 Nah (see above)

9 Lissa (an adorable prankster. I wish she was my little sister)

10 Frederick (LOL! just... LOL!)

Owain no contest.

Awesome unit overall and makes a hell of a Dread Fighter. Not to mention everything out of his mouth is gold.

I also like Lucina, Robin (yes I play the default avatar), Tiki, Vaike, Gerome (batman), Priam, Frederick, and Lon'qu. I'm probably missing a few.

I have one favorite character and he's not recruitable unfortunately, even not in the spotpass chapters...

Well I like Donnel, because he's a country boy like me.

I also like Severa because of her "adorable" conversations with Cynthia.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

See my sig. Frederick, Frederick, and more Frederick! :wub:

This guy has so much personality, even compared to past Jagens in the series! And he's totally hot. x3 But most of all, it's so impressive how IS could make a character with a serious personality that's hilarious at the same time! OMG, Freddy's antics sometimes! Naked Chrom posters, throwing coins into fountains as a sign of a bond, and just some of his lines in general, omg, I was cracking up! XD Yet at the same time, he's a real Freddy Bear (the female Avatar actually calls him this in their A support! XD). A big softie deep down that will give you a hug and cry tears of joy if you make him really happy/proud (see his A support with Henry). He has some depth to him too since we learn more than a couple things about his past. He grew up in a village in the hills, and suffers trauma due to having been attacked by a wolf when he was just a kid (see his support with Panne). His mother also praised him quite a bit and appears to have cared quite a lot about him (see his support with Nowi). Lastly, he's a big sweetheart! See any of his S supports. ^^

I also have a bit of a bias for chivalrous knights. :P

EDIT: Oh, I actually like most of the cast, besides the NPCs (they're mostly flat and boring, imo. Or in Excellus's case, disgusting). The only playable characters I dislike a lot are Chrom, Lucina, Sumia, and Tharja.

Edited by Anacybele

In no particular order: Ricken, Henry, Chrom, Lon'qu, Sumia, Mirel, Inigo, Severa, Cynthia, Owain, Laurent, Noir, Tiki, Olivia, Lucina, and Yarne.

The rest I'm neutral on, and the only characters I dislike are Kjelle and Excellus.

I couldn't really put everyone into a list, but I definitely love Henry, Inigo, Robin, Morgan, Severa, Stahl, Lucina, Cordelia, and Olivia among others.

Inigo because he never gives up on his life long dream of getting at least one girl, the philandering fop he may be (plus he makes an awesome son),

Henry and Morgan because their extreme amounts of optimism in the face of danger always gives me a laugh,

And Severa because her dere side is just adorable :3

I'm not going to count the Avatar since I feel that it would be a bit egotistical to do so.

1) Aversa

2) Sully

3) Tharja

4) Miriel

5) Lucina

6) Maribelle

7) Morgan

8) Vaike

9) Ricken

10) Emmeryn

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Stahl, Sumia, Cherche and Frederick.

I don't know why, they're mostly nice people, aren't hard on the eyes at all (Sumia and Cherche best waifus), but they seem like people I'd like to spend some time around.

If we can consider a group of bros, Lon'qu, Vaike and Gregor. Seriously, it's essentially Kamina, Spike Spiegel and the TF2 Heavy together being bros and wrecking shit up. Gotta love it.

Cordelia is my overall favorite (and also my preferred wife for my Avatar character)

I also like Miriel (the other female I've had my Avatar marry), Sumia [she's cute], Lucina, Olivia, and Tiki, among others on the female side. There's also Severa and Morgan, largely because they're my character's daughters.

On the male side, I find Virion to be a very well developed character and Gregor is entertaining. Walhart amuses me simply by virtue of being a large ham.

While physically speaking I find her very attractive, Tharja's behavior as a mother [abusive], as well as her stalking, turn me against her overall. I don't like her as a person/character, but still I do like LOOKING at her. I also really dislike Nah, particularly from reading about and looking up her behavior with regards to Inigo in their supports [i.e. threatening him into a coerced and abusive marriage]. And while Tharja is at least attractive to look at while I have her as a unit on the battlefield, Nah doesn't do that for me.

I also dislike Vaike because of his massive ego.

Avatar won't be included because self-insertion :P

Favorite guy is a tossup between Chrom (so adorkable, Summer Scramble, and overall gameplay) and Freddy (probably who I'd go with in real life; such a great man!), followed by Stahl (a total sweetheart who's always hungry), Lon'qu (too cool), and Gaius (bubbles).

No favorite girl, but I really like Lissa (would probably be my best friend in that world), Maribelle (one of the few who isn't defined entirely by a gimmick, and support with Gaius), Sumia (good with animals, and support with Freddy), and Cherche (rides a wyvern, finds the root of Lon'qu's fear and helps him through it).

Favorite male child is Morgan (lol biases) and favorite female child is Cynthia (so cute and cheery, and helps Gerome get over his fear of height when they were young).

Overall, I like most of the cast.

Edited by Tsuky

Freddy and Virion are definitely the most developed of the male characters. Though I do like Lon'qu, everything about his character revolves around his fear or women and it gets a little old sometimes. Stahl is pretty good too.

The best female characters in my opinion are Cherche and probably Maribelle. Maybe throw in Lucina and Libra

Too many of them though make me want to blow my brains out. Nowi? Tharja? Teach? Gah

Favorite by personality? Virion. One of Awakening's deepest characters, and his critical quotes have a lot more staying power than the rest of the cast.

Favorite by gameplay? FREDERICK, who is so legendary he gets his name spelled in all caps. Lunatic+, not Apo.

Favorite NPC? Cervantes. He's in my Gfaqs sig.

I really like Robin (his default appearance in both genders are nice, and dat robe) and Tiki (she's a manakete, a grown-up, mature, and beautiful version of her young, cute self, and so sweet personality-wise (:3), and no, her breasts do not play a factor at all :P). Honestly, I love most of the characters, and those that I hate are proud bad guys, and I hate them as people as they were intended, not as characters in video games with scripts. I just like to think positively. :3

For me it's Inigo, I grew very fond of him during my second playthrough, I just love everything about him. Still wish he could be a dancer!

Maribelle is probably my favorite female, it's pretty funny considering I used to dislike/perhaps even hate her. Going through her support conversations certainly changed my opinion.

My other favorites are Lon'qu, Chrom, Henry, Severa, Owain, and Brady.