MEG IS AWESOME

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we don't play easy mode.

No but seriously, the fact that Meg caps stuff is kind of it; General caps are terrrrible. Combine that with bad bases and competition for resources with Jill, Nolan, Micaiah, etc. (Edward and Aran are probably higher priority as well) she's just not usable efficiency.

Also, while I've never used Meg, I'm pretty sure her growths are more geared towards speed, skill, etc. than strength and defense. She would be better as a myrmidon.

Edited by Radiant head

I've always had a soft spot for those hard to train units (sophia,Ena,Nino) so I always train either her or Fiona.

She's a very good unit I think, she has great speed luck and resistance and since her caps are so low you can the just BEXP her to cap everything!!!!

I think the hate Meg gets derives from either her appearance and her uselessness in LTCs and efficiency runs...

I think the hate Meg gets derives from either her appearance and her uselessness in LTCs and efficiency runs...

Even if you're playing casually, it just takes so much just to get her to be usable compared to the rest of the cast, which tends to make an already underleveled faction fall even farther behind. The DB can't really afford to have that much siphoned into a unit who's pretty much guaranteed to be mediocre at best.

Edited by algae

The fact that she can cap things isn't the problem here. But rather, to make her usable in the first place, she requires a lot of resources to use. More so than someone like Edward, Leonardo, or Ilyana. Resources like your other DB members such as Jill can get while giving out a (noticeably) more satisfactory result.

Heck, just looking at her bases and the stats of the first enemies she faces, you can at least start to see just bad she is.

Chapter 1-4:
4x Tiger lvl 6
HP 41, Atk 26, AS 12, Hit 125, Avo 31, DEF 10, RES 2, Crit 7, Ddg 2

3x Tiger lvl 5
HP 40, Atk 24, AS 10, Hit 125, Avo 27, DEF 10, RES 2, Crit 7, Ddg 2

1x Tiger lvl 4
HP 39, Atk 24, AS 10, Hit 120, Avo 26, DEF 10, RES 2, Crit 6, Ddg 1

2x Cat lvl 5
HP 34, Atk 18, AS 14, Hit 128, Avo 34, DEF 8, RES 4, Crit 8, Ddg 1

1x Cat lvl 6
HP 35, Atk 18, AS 14, Hit 128, Avo 34, DEF 8, RES 6, Crit 8, Ddg 1

1x Pain lvl 6 (tiger boss)
HP 43, Atk 26, AS 10, Hit 132, Avo 30, DEF 12, RES 2, Crit 8, Ddg 5

1x Agony lvl 6 (tiger boss)
HP 43, Atk 24, AS 12, Hit 130, Avo 32, DEF 10, RES 8, Crit 9, Ddg 3

Meg (Sword Armor) lvl 3
HP 21, Str 10, Mag 1, Skl 7, Spd 8, Lck 8, DEF 10, RES 5

• w/Bronze Sword (Just for assumption purposes. Because who actually uses Bronze Swords anyways?)
    Atk 13, AS 8, Hit 117, Avo 24, Crit 0
  • w/Iron Sword
    Atk 16, AS 8, Hit 112, Avo 24, Crit 3
  • w/Steel Sword
    Atk 19, AS 7, Hit 107, Avo 22, Crit 3

So as anyone can see, at base, she gets two-shotted by Tigers, and three-shotted by Cats. Even to the point where she's ORKO'd by the lvl 6 members of the former, and 2RKO'd by the latter. The amount of damage she's doing is paltry too, with it being a a whopping 5-11 DMG to Cats, 3-9 DMG to the Tigers, and 1-7 DMG to Pain.

But hey. She's not often a member of any teams I'm using, but I do user if I have to. If anything, she does make a bit of a decent entryway blocker. Seeing as she can survive at least one of the Cats or one of the lvl 4-5 Tigers in 1-4 (as long as precisely one of them is blocking the entryway, I'm alright), and 3-13 has cliffs. That's about all I can say about her, however.

Edited by Just call me AL

I've played radiant dawn and let me just say,AMAZING. Haven't really looked at her growths but she always caps strength and defence for me. WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE HER

Bold: Personal experience means squat.

As to the question: It's because she comes underleveled, and thus requires a lot of resources to be usable, which only makes things even harder for a faction that has it hard enough as is.

Because she really isn't worth the effort.

You can put just as much effort (if not a smidge less thanks to coming earlier) into Eddie and his 60% Str growth and be far more satisfied with what you get.

I feel like this could be a troll...anyway, capping str and def is not really that unusual in RD. By the end of the game, there's a pretty good chance your combat units will have most of their stats capped.

EDIT-I think I used her once on normal or hard. With favoritism I was able to make her usable'ish, but she never really shined, and the only reason she saw combat (past 1-4...?) was because I was going out of my way for her.

Edited by Severlan

I'm pretty sure that fe10 drafts have used Meg as their main DB unit. It happens when someone tries to do something like Haar/Titania as the first pick, and then missing out on all the competent DB units with availability.

Meg has very decent growths and is trainable in easy and normal mode, but I have a huge issue with her.

She doesn't fulfill the purpose of a classical armor knight:

Her strength and defense grwoth are below average for her class. She's actually the same as Edward only with less strength growth, critrate and movement

It's superfluous to train her except Edward was RNG-screwed.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I honestly do think Meg is somewhat overhated? She's not amazing (or even good) by any means, but I don't see why she isn't at least in the conversation with Edward, Leonardo, Ilyana.... maybe Aran but that's stretching things probably, Aran largely fills her niche better.

1-4 is a joke map so it's pretty easy to get her rolling there (even on HM, frankly, not that I play HM because screw its design decisions), and 10 base Def is nice. I actually like her more than Edward because I feel the DB can use people who can kinda take a hit, and once nothing doubles Meg (which doesn't take too long) you have someone with pretty good (if not exceptional) durability and no other particularly bad stats (or particularly good ones, but I digress). I can respect disagreeing well enough, though.

She certainly isn't nearly as bad as Fiona and should not be mentioned in the same breath as her, IMO. Fiona pretty much has the same bases but joins six levels higher (with said same bases) and four maps later, then misses another, and I don't think her better class makes up for that.

I honestly do think Meg is somewhat overhated? She's not amazing (or even good) by any means, but I don't see why she isn't at least in the conversation with Edward, Leonardo, Ilyana.... maybe Aran but that's stretching things probably, Aran largely fills her niche better.

1-4 is a joke map so it's pretty easy to get her rolling there (even on HM, frankly, not that I play HM because screw its design decisions), and 10 base Def is nice. I actually like her more than Edward because I feel the DB can use people who can kinda take a hit, and once nothing doubles Meg (which doesn't take too long) you have someone with pretty good (if not exceptional) durability and no other particularly bad stats (or particularly good ones, but I digress). I can respect disagreeing well enough, though.

She certainly isn't nearly as bad as Fiona and should not be mentioned in the same breath as her, IMO. Fiona pretty much has the same bases but joins six levels higher (with said same bases) and four maps later, then misses another, and I don't think her better class makes up for that.

Talking like Edward is similar to Meg is an insult to him. Eddie is most definitely one of the better DB members. He actually has a good potential, unlike Meg. Same weaknesses too, but Eddie doubles and does more damage. Meg is about equal to Leo, but definitely better than Fiona.

Because for her to be a viable option you have to focus on her and micromanage all of your resources into making her usable. And what do you get from your efforts? A unit who isn't particularly good at anything, even being average. I would really only say Fiona and possibly Leonardo are worse from the DB.

Leo also doesn't have to worry about dieing and has some more availability. IIRC some stuff can be done with crossbows, which makes him a little more RNG proof. (Also coming back to this game after now that I know some Irish, I seriously have to wonder why NoA went with Lughnasadh instead of the much clearer modern Irish version, Lúnasa, or at least Lughnasa)

Edited by Rewjeo