MEG IS AWESOME

They need to give Meg a Mega evolution.

That's what her third class is!

Maybe we can go beyond that, though. Like... a peach-colored automaton powered by Meg's love for Zihark. Also it's peach colored. Don't forget it needs to be peach-colored.

Edited by Esme

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can go beyond that, though. Like... a peach-colored automaton powered by Meg's love for Zihark. Also it's peach colored.

It would be a mini mecha, with Meg piloting it. WITH THE POWER TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Edited by Jedi

It would be a mini mecha, with Meg piloting it. WITH THE POWER TO PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

Yes! She would be totally worth raising now,

Hence the possibly worse. He actually does have uses, but not a ton.

Base Leo is cool with Lugh. He can chip or kill untransformed laguz in 3-6, OHKO Pegs in 3-12, and kill Hawks in 3-13. He doesn't have many uses, but his few uses are notable. Lugh is 3stronk5me

Meg's problems are not really her stats/growths (her bases arent amaze but yeah), or availability. Its really her class. Her growths dont match her class. She has no move to speak of due to her class. She has the growths of a pegknight, stuck in a Thwomp class. Its just...bizarre and hard to work with. Kinda like Fiona whos class is pretty cool, but gets horribly gimped by the time she joins. (Fiona's bases are terrible though) Meg would probably not be thought of as that shitty of a unit if her class wasnt what is was.

Aran and Meg should have switched classes, although Aran with 28 speed as a base Sentinel in addition to his absurd strength, defense, and skill makes him super badass.

Edited by Radiant head

Maybe we can go beyond that, though. Like... a peach-colored automaton powered by Meg's love for Zihark. Also it's peach colored. Don't forget it needs to be peach-colored.

Her armor is more orange actually.

Leonardo with Master Seal and Lughnasadh is actually useful for double chipping Tigers.

If he has at least 15 speed, then yes.

With a critical hit he even can 1RKO the tigers.

He benefits the most of the holy weapons from Daein.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

... How do you train Meg? Without wanting to tear my hair out, of course.

Dracoshield, Celerity, Iron Forge, Master Seal when she caps speed, etc.

Oh wait you said without wanting to tear hair.

But on a serious note, I do think that the developers actually intended for the players to take shit characters make them good, but the DB chapters are so unbalanced that it's not plausible, outside of like Jill/Nolan, and if Normal Mode, Aran/Edward.

Edited by Radiant head

I could buy that the Devs intend for players to take craptacular units and put in effort to make them strong. I mean, for starters, wasn't there something about Astrid being one of the Devs' favorite units in this game?

Edited by Just call me AL

Dracoshield, Celerity, Iron Forge, Master Seal when she caps speed, etc.

Oh wait you said without wanting to tear hair.

But on a serious note, I do think that the developers actually intended for the players to take shit characters make them good, but the DB chapters are so unbalanced that it's not plausible, outside of like Jill/Nolan, and if Normal Mode, Aran/Edward.

You can use Aran and Edward on HM. I know I have. But my turncounts are nothing to be proud of. I think I got most of the maximum turncount-based BEXP. I think I used Jill, Nolan and Zihark as well. I remember having all those dudes fighting on the right side of 3-12 along with Sothe and Volug in my first hard PT. If you're not playing LTC I think there's plenty of room to use the DB for parts 1 and 3. But there's not much point in it, and they'll be behind in levels for part 4, so you'll end up winnowing some of them off the exp teat anyway.

I also remember that I got very lucky with Aran's speed.

The thing with Meg is, her stats are just completely unlike any other character of her class. That, however, made her more useful for me than any other Marshall. What she lacks in defense and strength, she makes up for in speed and luck. Once she has reached a certain level, it's almost impossible to even land a hit on her.

Her strength is good enough and Dragons and Tigers barely even hit her if you train her well. My Meg walked around freely in Izuka's stage like she was the queen bitch of the universe. The stronger Laguz didn't manage to hit her in the first place and the quicker ones couldn't deliver damage.

The thing with Meg is, her stats are just completely unlike any other character of her class. That, however, made her more useful for me than any other Marshall. What she lacks in defense and strength, she makes up for in speed and luck. Once she has reached a certain level, it's almost impossible to even land a hit on her.

Wait, but Gatrie's speed base/growth are pretty fucking ridiculous too, but I don't see any praise for him in this thread even though he's significantly better.

For reference, Gatrie's basic stats as a Level 10 General: 25 Str/20 Spd, 27/22 with Transfers which are an option. Meg averages 20 Str/22 Spd at 20/10, assuming she even gets there in the first place, and this isn't even accounting the durability gap as well as the gap between enemy units and player units. Gatrie also uses much better weapon types from the get go.

But nobody looks at him as the speedy Knight in this game, and it baffles me, because he has 60% Spd growth.

Edited by Lord Raven

Meg is at 35 for both, whereas Gatrie's at 60 for both with only 5% less Spd growth. It's really jarring to see these Meg is Amazing wut r u talkin bout threads every couple months.

Her Str growth is 25. Her def is 35. Why do that when Jill does everything she does but more? Also, it seems like you're playing on easy. Normal and hard lagz are much harder to dodge.

Her STR growth is 35, not 25. And I'm always playing on hard and sometimes on normal, for your information. I know what I'm talking about here. Her stats are just unlike any other marshall, which is what makes her so special and decent. She doesn't kill quickly, but she never had a problem surviving once she reached a high level. Then we also have the fact that she has no magical weaknesses and a somewhat decent RES stat as well.

Her, what about Gatrie who has GOOD Str and def growths! He can dodge AND tank. And most importantly, he can actually kill!

Also, PEMN.

Yeah seriously, Gatrie caps speed like it's nobody's business, and without failing to get the stats that Marshalls actually want.

Marshalls can't make a niche soley out of being speedy because their speed caps are bad. They have to be good in the main Marshall stats, and Meg just fails there.