MEG IS AWESOME

Her STR growth is 35, not 25. And I'm always playing on hard and sometimes on normal, for your information. I know what I'm talking about here. Her stats are just unlike any other marshall, which is what makes her so special and decent. She doesn't kill quickly, but she never had a problem surviving once she reached a high level. Then we also have the fact that she has no magical weaknesses and a somewhat decent RES stat as well.

Gatrie kills quite quickly and has zero trouble surviving, and Gatrie's resistance is not only good but it's not as necessary as defense because melee units outnumber mages by quite a bit in many chapters...

At any rate, 20/10 comparisons:

Meg: 38.6 HP, 21.1 Str, 18.4 Skl, 22 Spd, 27.5 Lck, 21.1 Def, 16.5 Res

Gatrie: 44 HP, 25/27 Str, 18/20 Skl, 20/22 Spd, 15 Lck, 24/26 Def, 11 Res

This is with zero investment into Gatrie and significant investment into Meg. Meg is going to be at least 15 levels behing Gatrie by the time Part 4 comes by.

Are you a troll? You seemed to have joined just to argue this lol

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue what PEMN is supposed to mean, but my experience with Gatrie is that he was rather quick to die. He was pretty good but I was never able to let him solo an entire level.

Edit: What's with you guys spamming about Gatrie all the time? God damn it. I didn't even mention Gatrie in a single word before. This is about Meg if you haven't noticed yet.

Edited by Kirara

"Applies doubly so to Gatrie" Seriously? Meg is slightly better at the more relevant stats and slightly more worse at the less relevant stuff. I wasn't comparing these two, though. If you have problems reading, though, just a quick reminder that this topic is about Meg being good and not Meg in comparison to another specific unit.

Relevant stats: speed, in wh Gatrie has the same. Luck, LOl. Resist: are mages ever a real threat in this game?

Less relevant stats: Str, the ability to HURT. Def, the ability to TAKE A HIT.

In order to say a unit is good, we have to compare it to something. Let's do the dawn brigade so that she actually stands a chance. Conparing her to Jill, Zihark, Volug and Sothe is an insult. Nolan blows her out of the water, Eddie is way better. When does she fit in?

On top of that, enemies are significantly better than her in every single dawn brigade map. Enemies can barely do anything to Gatrie in any of the Greil Mercs maps.

The STR and DEF stats are less relevant in her case because at this level of speed, landing a hit on her is unlikely anyway. Superior speed to keep it that way is more important in her case, because she's more of a sword master than a marshall. Also the last endgame levels are full of mages/anima. Meg follows the logic of a sword master. She dominates with superior agility and luck instead of with strength and defense. Not to mention that none of those you've mentioned are much stronger than her. Especially not a normal Laguz like Volug or Sothe.

She's a pain in the ass in the beginning, yes, but she'll be worth the effort.

Edited by Kirara

http://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/characters/base-stats/

I know I only got a Math minor, but both those units have 2x the speed she has, 1.5x the defense, and around twice the HP. Don't forget 1.5 - 2x the Strength and not being weighed down by a Steel Sword... and this is at base

Also if they're both dodging everything anyway isn't the tiebreaker the guy with better strength and weapon selection, as well as the guy who takes a lot less resources to get to that point?

When some person decided that she's better than Gatrie because of Better speed. Also, STR is very relevant because she can't use crossbows. She's outclassed by units in every stage of the game. VVolug and Sothe in part 1, Jill Eddie and Nolan in 3, Ike and his badasses in 4, Royals in E. Plus, her speed cap kills her in E. Not to mention her low move.

I already said she's a pain in the ass at first but worth the effort. How is that topic base stats not over at this point of the discussion? And if you have enough brain cells to figure out that I'm new here, you should also have enough to figure out that this is not the first, and definitely not the only thread I've posted in. But the mere fact that you have to act like I ever said "Meg > Gatrie" says enough about you.

Edited by Kirara

I already said she's a pain in the ass at first but worth the effort. How is that topic base stats not over at this point of the discussion? And if you have enough brain cells to figure out that I'm new here, you should also have enough to figure out that this is not the first, and definitely not the only thread I've posted in. But the mere fact that you have to act like I ever said "Meg > Gatrie" says enough about you.

Do you think that the majority of the rest of the cast is more AWESOME than Meg, considering her maximum stats and viability on difficulty other than easymode?

But the mere fact that you have to act like I ever said "Meg > Gatrie" says enough about you.

That's pretty much what you said though. First you said Meg's speed makes her more useful than the other Marshalls. Gatrie is a Marshall. Then you went on about how Meg has better stats, even though that doesn't make any sense.

You guys only read what ya want to read. I specifically said "In her case" because Meg is an unorthodox Marshall and unlike every other member of her rank. I consider her more useful in certain areas due to her superior speed and luck, which is still no "Meg > Gatrie" statement.

Edited by Kirara

It's really jarring to see these Meg is Amazing wut r u talkin bout threads every couple months.

What? I don't think I've ever seen one of these before. Lol.

And when the hell did we start talking about Meg in her base stats?

Since she joined the Dawn Brigade. Someone that starts like crap is at a severe disadvantage. Meg doesn't even have the advantage of turning out well.

She should have been a Pegasus Knight.

You guys only read what ya want to read. I specifically said "In her case" because Meg is an unorthodox Marshall and unlike every other member of her rank. I consider her more useful in certain areas due to her superior speed and luck, which is still no "Meg > Gatrie" statement.

Even if "certain areas" wasn't a backtracking qualifier from what you said earlier, Meg still isn't more useful than Gatrie in any certain area.

Then state that Gatrie>Meg before stating her advantages. Just for the future. We can't tell you think that without saying it.

That's why I said, you only read what you want to read. I wasn't even going to bring Gatrie into this at all. From my point of view, she is though.

Edit:

So all of the sudden I said "Gatrie > Meg"? Oh god.

Edited by Kirara

Yes, your logic actually makes that conclusion.

I've definitely seen something like it, it's probably derailed from another thread's purpose, or maybe it was a while back and someone kept bringing it up.

Got you covered, boss lady.

Anyway, I'm assuming Kirara is talking about Meg after investment. Thing is, Marshall caps still blow. She mentioned Dragons and Tigers, so I'll just guess she meant 4-5, where Meg's getting Tibby's authority boost. Sheesh. With Celerity and Beastfoe maybe Meg will be worth a damn there, but I'd hate to see the turn counts necessary to bring Meg's offense to a respectable level.

there's nothing special in itself about being a marshall, lol (unless you count bad movement and bad movement penalties)

when someone says that x character is "an unorthodox member of y class," it's a statement that has zero value. for example, lyre is "an unorthodox cat" insofar as she completely sucks.

Edited by dondon151