MEG IS AWESOME

there's nothing special in itself about being a marshall, lol (unless you count bad movement and bad movement penalties)

when someone says that x character is "an unorthodox member of y class," it's a statement that has zero value. for example, lyre is "an unorthodox cat" insofar as she completely sucks.

Yes it is, because you can't judge her by comparing her to a consistent member of that class.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is, because you can't judge her by comparing her to a consistent member of that class.

You can judge her by comparing her to every other unit in the game. About 90% are unquestionably better than her (including, for what it's worth, every other Marshall).

How do you judge something without comparing it to something else?

You either compare her to:

Peers (other units of the same jointime or class)

Units in general (every other unit that exists)

or both

I never said you can't compare a character to ANY other character. But comparing her specifically to a charactrer of her own class although she has entirely unorthodox stats is stupid. And sweetheart, 90%? God bless you. You know nothing.

Being presumptuous really won't help your case. It's probably a greater number than 90%, to be honest. There are only like, 4 characters worse than her at most.

I never said you can't compare a character to ANY other character. But comparing her specifically to a charactrer of her own class although she has entirely unorthodox stats is stupid.

Well, this is out of the norm. But the fact is that she can be compared to any unit, one of her class or one not of her own, because at the end of the day they all have the same goal: clear the chapter and beat the game.

Other Marshalls are better than her. (Most) other units are better than her. She's bad.

And sweetheart, 90%? God bless you. You know nothing.

Omg, I would sig this if I had room. I mean, wow. Who the hell do you think you are?

Kirara, Meg is one of the statistically weakest units in the game, short of say, Lyre, Fiona and Kyza. I understand you had a great time treating Meg like a delicate flower, but in this game, you can treat pretty much anybody with special attention and exp feeding, and come out with a pretty decent unit. That being said, you can't really remedy her minimal mov when other people can do what she does, faster.

what I don't get is why you think Meg is better than so many other units that perform better than her. It's been established that she isn't dodging anything in her opening chapter, so you really have to throw her a bone before throwing her to the cats, so to speak

But that's not unorthodox, Cats suck. Ranulf is the unorthodox Cat by actually being kind of good.

i mean, there are 3 playable cats in the game. ranulf is unorthodox because he's not terribad. lethe is unorthodox because she's usable in her forced chapters. lyre is unorthodox because she's unusable.

the point here is that with such arbitrary usage of the word "unorthodox," it doesn't mean anything substantial. and i'm glad you mentioned ranulf, because despite being an "unorthodox" cat in the good way, he's still a pretty bad unit.

Honey, I'm someone who knows her shit. Meg may be, as a character, flat and boring as fuck, but as unit she's more than just useful. Statistically, her stats are good too. Only problem would be her the effort you have to put into training her, which could, on the other hand, be a good thing because she's not pre-promoted with fixed stats. I've tried every character's potential several times, and I can definitely say she's better than the majority of characters. I know what's coming now, the four letters "PEMN", but I have five letters for that: "IDGAF".

thanks for letting us know goddess kirara, i forgot in the process of this argument that not only do you not care about our opinions but you are significantly better at FE than us

teach us ur ways

Edited by Lord Raven

Honey, I'm someone who knows her shit. Meg may be, as a character, flat and boring as fuck, but as unit she's more than just useful. Statistically, her stats are good too. Only problem would be her the effort you have to put into training her, which could, on the other hand, be a good thing because she's not pre-promoted with fixed stats. I've tried every character's potential several times, and I can definitely say she's better than the majority of characters. I know what's coming now, the four letters "PEMN", but I have five letters for that: "IDGAF".

Listen, honey, and listen well: you don't have to agree with us. You don't have to stop using Meg. But you do have to stop acting like you're some hot shit who knows more than anyone else.

People have explained to you why Meg is bad. Again, I'm not forcing you to agree, but you need to have some common courtesy here and put a little more logic into your posts. If you're going to argue back, you need definitive evidence. You have to prove why she should be used instead of the other choices available to the player. People have explained why she's not, and all you say is "I've used her and she's better." Guess what? I've used her, too, multiple times, and she's not. I've used Meg, deployed her in every chapter available, got her to Marshall and everything, and she was always bad. So by your logic, she must be bad, right?

But, well, you used her and she was good, so what do I know, right? You're the one who "knows her shit." You're the one whose experiences matter. I may have played this game more than 15 times on Normal and Hard mode and used every unit more than once, but I must not know a thing if I think Meg is bad.

I'm just more amazed that between years of debate and world records being set here on this forum, we somehow never figured out how amazing Meg is, and how crucial she is to mind blowing performance. I mean... Not many of us have played the game several whole times

Three pages since yesterday because someone thinks that Meg is actually worth a flying feather when she really isn't.

Last I checked, this was Serenes Forest, not Miiverse.

Edited by Just call me AL

The mere fact that you're putting words into my mouth really says a enough. It's funny to see how you're turning the sentence "Meg is good" into "Meg is da fucking besto". Not that there's much more to expect. You think I'm wrong. But oh well, I think I know better.

The mere fact that you're putting words into my mouth really says a enough. It's funny to see how you're turning the sentence "Meg is good" into "Meg is da fucking besto". Not that there's much more to expect. You think I'm wrong. But oh well, I think I know better.

It's funny how you put words in my mouth...by accusing me of putting words in your mouth. Please do point me to where I accused you of saying Meg is "the best."

Hey, wait a sec...

But, well, you used her and she was good

(Unless you were actually talking about the other, obviously sarcastic responses to you, in which case, what are you, a troll?)

But in any case, your above response shows how you've completely lost all your ground in this argument and instead of admitting it, you're just resorting to personal attacks and non-sequitors. Good day.

It's fine that you have an opinion and all. But here's two quotes that can easily describe what happens when you try to present said opinion as proven fact.

Basically, "opinions can only go so far" is apt. If you have an "opinion" that if you jump off the Grand Canyon you will be able to fly a couple of miles to the other side, you are wrong. You can't just say "It's my opinion". There are some things that can be analyzed empirically. "Suckiest" character is one of them. Maybe not between Lyre and Fiona. That can be a matter of what your objective is in the whole thing. But in terms of most characters in competition with units like Lyre and Fiona, it can be pretty easy to see that Lyre/Fiona is worse than just about any other character in the game.

Just replace "Lyre/Fiona with "Meg" in this case for the most part.

And also...

Your opinion is wrong.

I hate when people attempt to prove something logically (especially when it's obviously not true), get their arguments shot to pieces, and then pull out the "opinion" ploy, thinking it saves them from being wrong.

I've deduced that in this world, there is only fact and things that cannot be proven. Opinion is a fancy word for guesswork. If your opinion goes against proven fact, it is wrong. And since this is a Fire Emblem forum, the sooner you accept that being wrong is a part of theoretical discussion here, the better off you'll be.

What really gets me is how you're pretty much stating that "Meg is good" even though there have been posts that pretty much spell out why she isn't. Such as the one seen below.

The fact that she can cap things isn't the problem here. But rather, to make her usable in the first place, she requires a lot of resources to use. More so than someone like Edward, Leonardo, or Ilyana. Resources like your other DB members such as Jill can get while giving out a (noticeably) more satisfactory result.

Heck, just looking at her bases and the stats of the first enemies she faces, you can at least start to see just bad she is.

Chapter 1-4:

4x Tiger lvl 6

HP 41, Atk 26, AS 12, Hit 125, Avo 31, DEF 10, RES 2, Crit 7, Ddg 2

3x Tiger lvl 5

HP 40, Atk 24, AS 10, Hit 125, Avo 27, DEF 10, RES 2, Crit 7, Ddg 2

1x Tiger lvl 4

HP 39, Atk 24, AS 10, Hit 120, Avo 26, DEF 10, RES 2, Crit 6, Ddg 1

2x Cat lvl 5

HP 34, Atk 18, AS 14, Hit 128, Avo 34, DEF 8, RES 4, Crit 8, Ddg 1

1x Cat lvl 6

HP 35, Atk 18, AS 14, Hit 128, Avo 34, DEF 8, RES 6, Crit 8, Ddg 1

1x Pain lvl 6 (tiger boss)

HP 43, Atk 26, AS 10, Hit 132, Avo 30, DEF 12, RES 2, Crit 8, Ddg 5

1x Agony lvl 6 (tiger boss)

HP 43, Atk 24, AS 12, Hit 130, Avo 32, DEF 10, RES 8, Crit 9, Ddg 3

Meg (Sword Armor) lvl 3

HP 21, Str 10, Mag 1, Skl 7, Spd 8, Lck 8, DEF 10, RES 5

• w/Bronze Sword (Just for assumption purposes. Because who actually uses Bronze Swords anyways?)

Atk 13, AS 8, Hit 117, Avo 24, Crit 0

• w/Iron Sword

Atk 16, AS 8, Hit 112, Avo 24, Crit 3

• w/Steel Sword

Atk 19, AS 7, Hit 107, Avo 22, Crit 3

So as anyone can see, at base, she gets two-shotted by Tigers, and three-shotted by Cats. Even to the point where she's ORKO'd by the lvl 6 members of the former, and 2RKO'd by the latter. The amount of damage she's doing is paltry too, with it being a a whopping 5-11 DMG to Cats, 3-9 DMG to the Tigers, and 1-7 DMG to Pain.

But hey. She's not often a member of any teams I'm using, but I do user if I have to. If anything, she does make a bit of a decent entryway blocker. Seeing as she can survive at least one of the Cats or one of the lvl 4-5 Tigers in 1-4 (as long as precisely one of them is blocking the entryway, I'm alright), and 3-13 has cliffs. That's about all I can say about her, however.

Not to mention, you haven't exactly been giving any counterarguments to stuff like this. And with all this talk you're spouting about how Meg is supposedly "good", it's only natural for others to bring up the best member in her class (which is Gatrie in this case) for comparison. And Marshalls in this game are hardly the ones subject to this kind of treatment either. It can be applied to just about any unit and any class in any FE game. Like someone else in this thread said, how do you judge something without comparing it to something else? If you feel like you have a point to make with your opinions in a thread like this, then back up your opinions with facts, not more opinions.

That's all I have to say about this. For now at least.

Edited by Just call me AL

Uh what?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that while characters like Fiona and Leonardo were intended to be traineable into good units like Edward but got screwed up by horribly unbalanced game design, Meg is basically a joke character that nods to the Brom-Zihark support from PoR. Like, no way did they unintentionally give us a character that comes with the bad caps and movement of Generals, and none of the high defense/strength that makes them remotely useful.

Uh what?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that while characters like Fiona and Leonardo were intended to be traineable into good units like Edward but got screwed up by horribly unbalanced game design, Meg is basically a joke character that nods to the Brom-Zihark support from PoR. Like, no way did they unintentionally give us a character that comes with the bad caps and movement of Generals, and none of the high defense/strength that makes them remotely useful.

And yet...

Q) There are many characters in this game, but who's the staff favourite?

A) It's hard to say, because many of the staff have different favourites. Amongst the designer team, Meg is probably the most popular though.