Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

sofutoppai: Possibly. I'll definitively be getting the two starter packs. I unfortunately don't have any videotaking equipment, and my cellphone isn't what you'd call impressive even for pictures. I tend to also have a "all over the place" style of instruction. So I'd much prefer to let someone else do a training video but if I find out that there's nothing out there (and that my own understanding of the rules is more than theory-crafting) I'll strongly consider doing one.

Tapping: I've just given a quick-look over at the stream. It depicts Olivia becoming tapped when she moves, but it does not show the attacking units as becoming tapped (???). I've attached a screencap of the particular point. For information sake, the preceding images shows Olivia being in the top row untapped. The following shows the "forced march" mechanism (the two remaining red units automatically moving to the front row).

post-14812-0-36305300-1429363423_thumb.png

In just about every card game that I can think of, you can have multiples of the same unit on the field (I may or may not have been traumatized by Birds of Paradise in the distant past). The "lord" is probably a special type of card. Perhaps it's like Force of Will's Rulers, who have a shiny gold border to differentiate them from the other units (Ruler and not a Ruler (Resonator, to be precise)). Either way, it should be clear as to which card is the lord, and I assume that the lord isn't as scrubby as base Roy.

I think you can actually pick any card in your deck to be your commander (Basically, "pick a card from your deck, put it face down and wait until your opponent is ready. Reveal the card at the same time, this will be your lord for the game"). For example, in the Famitsu article, I think it states that the author's opponent picked Draug for his Lord. The "cover" cards for the starter decks (Class changed Chrom and Marth) don't seem to look any different from other class-changed cards.

I've attached three screen caps that are sort of relevant to the question, the third one in particular. I think anyway: I have a bit of spoken Japanese understanding (university class that was centered on speech and grammar mostly), but nothing about kanji beside knowing how to painstalkingly recognize stroke count and radicals (So taking forever to translate one single line with a dictionary and with the result being maybe 70% accuracy at best...)

Regarding the "multiple instances of one card on the battlefield", in Magic the Gathering you can also have multiple copies of the same card in play, unless it is a "Legendary creature". In other words, that it refers to one person in particular. So for example, you can have multiple "Archer captain", but you can have only one "Bob, Archer captain" in play. It makes more sense than having multiple Virion in play, but... From a gameplay standpoint I can see why that'd be the case here. 100% of cards are "named cards" are all so I guess it'd be pretty unplayable without allowing copies.

Thank you very much for the Tharja and Olivia translations! I wonder if Tharja's "support area" refers to Bonds area or the actual "support" card being played in battle for the bonus attack power. I'm still iffy about the permanent flip, but even I have to admit that both interpretation of Tharja's ability would be overpowering quick if they could be used every turn...

An idea just struck me while typing this, so theory-crafting time regarding bonds (Yet again... Sorry!) There were some mentions that if you had both "Red bond" and "Blue bond" in play for multicolor decks, you could not play anything, but that you could "flip cards over to pay the cost but you can not play something else" or something along those lines.

What if the only thing you need to have to play units is have enough Bonds and the color did not matter as long as you have enough bonds in play? This would result in the following things:

1) If you have 4 bonds (no matter if they are flipped or not), you can play 4 points worth of units in the turn.

2) If you use a "flip move" ability (Like Olivia), you have to permanently flip those bond cards so they cannot be used again to play abilities. So usage of the flip abilities would be heavily restricted, just like in Cardfight. However, due to point #1, it does not destroy your mana/resource base: You aren't setting yourself back two entire cards and two turns just to play a single ability. Which would also match Cardfight (Since you aren't losing your main casting ability when you flip your damage cards in that game).

3) If you have both Red and Blue bonds (playing a multicolor deck) in play, you can't play anything. However, you can intentionally decide to flip over your bond cards of a certain color so that you have only 1 color of bonds showing up (so that you can cast again). This would effectively give you the drawback that you will have fewer cards leftover to flip for skill usage, but would still leave multicolor deck as playable. Multicolor decks are obviously meant to be playable, else things like Lucina's "Count as Marth" ability would be completely pointless.

That'd make a lot of sense! It'd keep a strict control over the flip abilities without completely crippling a player that decides to use one and solves the questions we have regarding multi-colored decks...... Just have to hope that this theory is actually correct, though.

post-14812-0-84747400-1429363573_thumb.png

post-14812-0-54832100-1429363678_thumb.png

post-14812-0-38099200-1429364042_thumb.png

Edited by Ayra

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I'd have so much fun talking about this card game~!

Tapping: I've just given a quick-look over at the stream. It depicts Olivia becoming tapped when she moves, but it does not show the attacking units as becoming tapped (???). I've attached a screencap of the particular point. For information sake, the preceding images shows Olivia being in the top row untapped. The following shows the "forced march" mechanism (the two remaining red units automatically moving to the front row).

attachicon.gifMove.png

Huh. That's. . .odd.

Here's a Famitsu gameplay shot. Linde's on the red side, lower-right corner, and is tapped. This is Linde's effect. Nowhere on her card does she say that she has to be tapped for any of her effects. Either there's a card out there that requires tapping another unit to activate, or attacking causes tapping, and whoever did the "forced march" graphic didn't care about that.

I think you can actually pick any card in your deck to be your commander (Basically, "pick a card from your deck, put it face down and wait until your opponent is ready. Reveal the card at the same time, this will be your lord for the game"). For example, in the Famitsu article, I think it states that the author's opponent picked Draug for his Lord. The "cover" cards for the starter decks (Class changed Chrom and Marth) don't seem to look any different from other class-changed cards.

I'm positive there's got to be some restrictions on it, because if it's literally any unit in your deck, I'm picking a promoted Abel. Perhaps it's an unpromoted unit only?

I've attached three screen caps that are sort of relevant to the question, the third one in particular. I think anyway: I have a bit of spoken Japanese understanding (university class that was centered on speech and grammar mostly), but nothing about kanji beside knowing how to painstalkingly recognize stroke count and radicals (So taking forever to translate one single line with a dictionary and with the result being maybe 70% accuracy at best...)

Don't have time to translate this right now; will reply/edit in a rough one when I get back home.

Regarding the "multiple instances of one card on the battlefield", in Magic the Gathering you can also have multiple copies of the same card in play, unless it is a "Legendary creature". In other words, that it refers to one person in particular. So for example, you can have multiple "Archer captain", but you can have only one "Bob, Archer captain" in play. It makes more sense than having multiple Virion in play, but... From a gameplay standpoint I can see why that'd be the case here. 100% of cards are "named cards" are all so I guess it'd be pretty unplayable without allowing copies.

Yep! Since FE's deck is 50 cards, it would be really rough if you could only play one unit of a similar name at a time (and it would shaft Lucina further).

Thank you very much for the Tharja and Olivia translations! I wonder if Tharja's "support area" refers to Bonds area or the actual "support" card being played in battle for the bonus attack power. I'm still iffy about the permanent flip, but even I have to admit that both interpretation of Tharja's ability would be overpowering quick if they could be used every turn...

Sorry, fucked up Tharja's translation. . .it looks like your opponent chooses a card from your hand and places it into your support zone? I'll write it out when I have more time. Either way, the card refers to the zone right above the deck itself.

An idea just struck me while typing this, so theory-crafting time regarding bonds (Yet again... Sorry!) There were some mentions that if you had both "Red bond" and "Blue bond" in play for multicolor decks, you could not play anything, but that you could "flip cards over to pay the cost but you can not play something else" or something along those lines.

This is. . .sorta reversed. Using Lazy Powers (a.k.a. Google Translate on the Dengeki page), you can only play a card of a certain color if that color exists in your bond zone. So if you're running red/blue, and you have three red cards in your bond zone, you can't play any blue cards. A similar rule appears in Weiss Schwarz (a game where cards come in the colors of red, blue, green, and yellow).

However, when a card is turned face-down, it becomes colorless, so if you exhaust your bond zone completely, you can't play anything until you drop something in there!

What if the only thing you need to have to play units is have enough Bonds and the color did not matter as long as you have enough bonds in play? This would result in the following things:

1) If you have 4 bonds (no matter if they are flipped or not), you can play 4 points worth of units in the turn.

2) If you use a "flip move" ability (Like Olivia), you have to permanently flip those bond cards so they cannot be used again to play abilities. So usage of the flip abilities would be heavily restricted, just like in Cardfight. However, due to point #1, it does not destroy your mana/resource base: You aren't setting yourself back two entire cards and two turns just to play a single ability. Which would also match Cardfight (Since you aren't losing your main casting ability when you flip your damage cards in that game).

3) If you have both Red and Blue bonds (playing a multicolor deck) in play, you can't play anything. However, you can intentionally decide to flip over your bond cards of a certain color so that you have only 1 color of bonds showing up (so that you can cast again). This would effectively give you the drawback that you will have fewer cards leftover to flip for skill usage, but would still leave multicolor deck as playable. Multicolor decks are obviously meant to be playable, else things like Lucina's "Count as Marth" ability would be completely pointless.

That'd make a lot of sense! It'd keep a strict control over the flip abilities without completely crippling a player that decides to use one and solves the questions we have regarding multi-colored decks...... Just have to hope that this theory is actually correct, though.

Given what I just said about colors. . .sort of?

(clipsey theories ahead, may be inaccurate)

You'd be surprised how fast you can screw yourself out of counter-blasts in Vanguard. Especially if you're running a Liberator deck (one of the Gold Paladin variants). You can still call things to the field, but otherwise, your attacks will be pretty weak - and if you're not hitting triggers/dealing damage to your opponent, you'll have to rely on your unit's abilities to win (since the alternate losing condition is decking out, which occurs the moment your deck has zero cards).

I think the "total cost" for units (like the promoted ones) is "number of cards in your bond zone", full stop. The colors you can play are restricted to what's face-up in your bond zone. From the gameplay pictures, there's very few cards that are in the bond zone once the game is over, but Dengeki's statement that "having your entire bond zone flipped over screws you out of calling things from hand" would make no sense, as sortie occurs before most of the effects kick in. Perhaps the sample game utilized the strategy of "everyone wail on the lord" to win.

EDIT: I'm back~! Time to translate things properly!

- Slide with various mugs on it: Original scenario characters (i.e. characters JUST for Cipher. . .like zombie Wrys)

- Slide with colored text: Hyping various units (Marth vs. Chrom! Pegasus Knights! Otherwise known as "not rules")

- Slide with plain text: RULES! 50-card deck, choose one lord ("hero character", to be literal), each person has a battlefield where they call characters to attack with, first lord to fall loses.

Tharja: Looks like your opponent chooses one card in your hand and places it in your support zone.

(if someone else can do a better job, be my guest)

Edited by eclipse

I think the "total cost" for units (like the promoted ones) is "number of cards in your bond zone", full stop. The colors you can play are restricted to what's face-up in your bond zone. From the gameplay pictures, there's very few cards that are in the bond zone once the game is over, but Dengeki's statement that "having your entire bond zone flipped over screws you out of calling things from hand" would make no sense, as sortie occurs before most of the effects kick in. Perhaps the sample game utilized the strategy of "everyone wail on the lord" to win.

The bond setup you explain would certainly work too. I'd be happy with it! The penalities for playing a multicolor deck would be even smaller (unless you use like 4 colors), but I don't think that's a problem.

I think in most games the amount of cards in the bond zone is going to be relatively small. You only need "enough" bond to play your cards. Putting more in the Bond area than your highest cost card is basically throwing your cards away (You could be putting the unit in or using it as a crit instead), unless you need to add some cards to flip over or you want to be able to put multiple high costs units in one turn. I might be wrong of course, and the players that were playing were obviously new to the game too.

EDIT: I'm back~! Time to translate things properly!

- Slide with various mugs on it: Original scenario characters (i.e. characters JUST for Cipher. . .like zombie Wrys)

- Slide with colored text: Hyping various units (Marth vs. Chrom! Pegasus Knights! Otherwise known as "not rules")

- Slide with plain text: RULES! 50-card deck, choose one lord ("hero character", to be literal), each person has a battlefield where they call characters to attack with, first lord to fall loses.

Tharja: Looks like your opponent chooses one card in your hand and places it in your support zone.

(if someone else can do a better job, be my guest)

I knew the first two were not rules (That's why I had mentioned the third one especially). The first one I understood completely wrong (sorry for the wasted time!). The second, I had understood it as basically "Are you going to rebuild Marth's or Chrom army? Are you going to make an army that only consists of cute girls? The choice is yours!" As in, if you can make a deck with all cute girls, those cute girls can logically be lords too.

The third one I had understood as "Make a deck of 50 cards and pick one of them to be your lord at game start".

Regarding Tharja... Hmm... So what's your best guess of the ability? It basically allows one of your character to have 2 supports during one battle instead of only the regular "flip from top of deck"?

Thank you very much for the translations and discussions!

The bond setup you explain would certainly work too. I'd be happy with it! The penalities for playing a multicolor deck would be even smaller (unless you use like 4 colors), but I don't think that's a problem.

I think in most games the amount of cards in the bond zone is going to be relatively small. You only need "enough" bond to play your cards. Putting more in the Bond area than your highest cost card is basically throwing your cards away (You could be putting the unit in or using it as a crit instead), unless you need to add some cards to flip over or you want to be able to put multiple high costs units in one turn. I might be wrong of course, and the players that were playing were obviously new to the game too.

I think it's "enough to make sure that I can play the cards I need, plus a bit of extra in case I need to use a particular skill". But as the game is introduced, we'll see more strategy. I can't wait!

I knew the first two were not rules (That's why I had mentioned the third one especially). The first one I understood completely wrong (sorry for the wasted time!). The second, I had understood it as basically "Are you going to rebuild Marth's or Chrom army? Are you going to make an army that only consists of cute girls? The choice is yours!" As in, if you can make a deck with all cute girls, those cute girls can logically be lords too.

The third one I had understood as "Make a deck of 50 cards and pick one of them to be your lord at game start".

Regarding Tharja... Hmm... So what's your best guess of the ability? It basically allows one of your character to have 2 supports during one battle instead of only the regular "flip from top of deck"?

Thank you very much for the translations and discussions!

I'm not sure how important the support zone is, but if that's her cost, it's probably something the designers felt was good.

Is it possible that Tharja's ability is actually "Opponent discard a card of their choice from their hands?"

The Tharja card seems to refers to the 退避エリア (evacuation area) and not the 支援エリア (support area). It'd feel a more Tharja-y ability too (cursing the opponent instead of helping with supports).

Edited by Ayra

Breaking news! Maribelle can resurrect people! Well, sort of... See below for some card translations.

But before regarding DifferentFight's question: as far as I know, it's for every battle. In the battle explanation, they did state something along the line of: "Each side flips the top card of the library and add the support value to the attack value and compared them."

EDIT: Most of the text I posted below has been removed/changed since I managed to figure out the characters I could not identify and it changed some definition.

Using Vaike and Maribelle's cards (they are simpler and have good quality imagery), I have translated the following things:

Red skill symbol: 起 (Activated skill)

Green skill symbol: 常 (Always? active)

Yellow skill symbol: 支 (support)

So here's Maribelle's skills:

post-14812-0-57287000-1429572132_thumb.png

Red (activated): 自分の退避エリアから「マリアベル」以外のカードを1枚選び、手札に加える。

In other words: Tap Maribelle, flip two bond cards. Select one discarded (ie. killed) card of your choice and return it to your hand.

Green (Always): 自分のターン中、味方の「リズ」の戦闘かな+20されるを

On your turn, get +20 attack if Lissa is on the table (Not 100% confident of the specific of this one).

Yellow (Defensive support): 戦闘終了まで,攻撃コニットは必殺撃できない。

When used as a support, opponent cannot use Critical Hits (ie. Play a copy of the card to get double damage).

Here's Vaike's skills:

post-14812-0-23346500-1429565430_thumb.jpg

Green (Always): 自分のターン中、このコニットの戦闘かな+20

When attacking, Vaike gets +20 attack.

Yellow (Offensive support): 戦闘終了まで、自分の攻撃コニットの戦闘+20きれる。

When used to support an attacking unit, add an additional +20 attack.

Based on that, I'd say that things look very good for the game! For example, Vaike's stats are 1 cost, 30 attack, 10 support. That's poor, but on the attack he's essentially 50 attack 30 support, which is darn good for 1 cost from what we can see. Based on the bad image quality pictures from Dengeki, Kellam seems to have the exact same skills, but the other way around (so +20 on defense, +20 on defensive support). Also, some units can share some skills. For example, base Lissa and Maria seems to both have the same Heal/Live skill as Maribelle (The card recovery skill).

Edited by Ayra

Damn, thanks for those translations! There are also some clearer shots of the cards on the Tumblr tag of Cipher, maybe some of those could get translated?

Also, I guess we could also call the Red, Green and Yellow skills what they're often called in Bushiroad TCGs:

Red - ACT (Activation skill)

Green - CONT (Continuous skill)

And the new one being the support one, so we could have something like

Yellow - SUPP.

Would be really cool if we could have some dedicated translators! Although I barely know any kanji, so that's a low blow for me...

Thanks for the tumblr link! There' s unfortunately no "new" cards that are high-quality enough for me to be able to translate them, except maybe the Inigo card barely. It does have a link to the stream video on Youtube though for people without a Niconico account! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdo7ZwAAia8

I tried to also translate Linde, Chrom and Tiki's cards to questionable success at best for Chrom and Tiki. You can find the cards in question on the Serenes Forest gallery http://serenesforest.net/gallery/trading-card-game/cipher-1/

Linde:

Red (activated) skill. 1ターンに1(Card logo): ターン終了まで、このコニットの戦闘かは+10される。

You can only use this ability once per turn. Flip 1 card, get +10 attack until end of turn (Works on both offense and defense)

Offensive support: ターンを1攻引く。自分の手札を1攻び、退避エエリアに?く。

One kanji I could not identify. When used as support, draw one card then discard one card.

Tiki:
Green (always) skill: 自分の絆カードの攻?が4攻以上ある塚合、このコニットの戦闘力は+30される。
If you have 4 or more cards in your Bond area, Tiki has +30 attack.
Offensive: 攻撃コニットが (FE1 Symbol) の塚合、自分の了札を1攻選ぶ。 そのカードを絆エリアに?いてもよい。
Missing one kanji. It only activates on FE1 characters (well, those who have the red symbol in the top left). I'm not sure what it does exactly however: It has to do with choosing a card in the bond area, but... My best guess is that you can select the support power of a card in the bond area instead of Tiki's.... But that's honestly just an extremely rough guess.

Chrom:

Green (always) skill: クラスチェンジしている他の味方1休につき、このコニットの。

Hum...... I think Chrom can get a free move when an ally gets tapped for any reason..?

Offensive support: 攻撃コニットが (FE13 symbol) の塚合、戦闘終了まで、その味方のが??するオ-ブは2つになる。

Two kanji I can't identify. I honestly have no clue... Lucina, Chrom and Marth have the exact same support skill (except for the game symbol for Marth).
Anyway, that's all the time I have for for now...Here's the list with the ones I know with good quality pics:
Athena. Eclipse did her activated ability. I can probably do her purple ability (though I can't read the purple kanji itself).
Gaius: I can't read the katakana over the CCS thing. The lack of white outline borders make the kanji harder to read, and his abilities look complex.
Lucina lv1: Eclipse got this one mostly done. +20 versus dragons, and she counts as Marth. Same support skill as Chrom though :(
Marth lv1: Activated ability likely translatable. Support same as Chrom :(
Navarre lv 4: Mostly same as Gaius. Hard to read kanji, complex abilities. Curious about the blue skill with a cost and the activitated ability with no obvious cost.
Palla: Can't read the katakana over the FS. Blue skill is the triangle attack and I see Catria and Est names on there and the +50 attack... Probably will be giving a try to this one next. The green skill looks to be translateable. All three pegasus sister have the same skill I believe.
Olivia: Already done.
Tharja: Already done.
I might have time to do Palla tomorrow, but I think it's the only one I'll have time to do for a few days. I'm not confident with Gaius, Navarre or Lucina unfortunately.
Edited by Ayra

Is it possible that Tharja's ability is actually "Opponent discard a card of their choice from their hands?"

The Tharja card seems to refers to the [/size]退避エリア [/size]

(evacuation area) and not the 支援[/size]エリア [/size](support area). It'd feel a more Tharja-y ability too (cursing the opponent instead of helping with supports).

That makes a lot more sense!

(but what's up with the bajillion tags in the quote?)

I'll leave the translation to you, since I've got a bunch of other things I need to do (like laundry). Thanks for the link to the stream~!

Found a video of a reporter playing the TCG, and showing off some high-res cards!

This really answered a lot of my questions...

Turns out that when one of your units attacks, both players do check for a support, and then the support goes to the DISCARD area.

Then, another question I had was about decking out;

When you deck out, shuffle your ENTIRE discard area into your deck.

Edited by DifferentFight

Oh, nice, thanks~! I saw a few more units!

Kellam, whose fate is to be dropped in the bond zone, promoted Lissa, Ricken (extra damage to fliers), Sumia the Super Support, and was that Stahl?

Oh, oh! Gameplay video! Niiiice! Thank you DifferentFight! I had actually searched on Nico for gameplay videos and had no results... I should have checked Youtube!

Okay, so what's new? Well, I'm honestly getting an heck of an hard time understanding what they were saying... Well, I guess my slow translation pile just got a whole lot bigger. At least they were arguing about Chrom's ability too so I guess I'm not the only one having problems with it! :)

On top of what DifferentFight mentioned already, here's the more obvious things that could be seen:

- Your Lord unit is identified by placing a special card under it. I suppose you could use a coin or something if you don't have that card though

- You can pick any basic (first class) character as your Lord.

- There's multiple versions of the same characters. For example, on the Serenes Forest card list we have a basic 1-cost Lucina card. In this video, we also see a basic (non-class changed) 2-cost Lucina card. We've seen two different class-changed Marth's too from various sources.

- You actually tap your card to attack, which makes a whole lot of sense.

Not confirmed:

- Player that goes first cannot attack on the first turn?

- The Lucina gets tapped on the turn it comes into play with no facing enemy unit, and she has no tap ability that I can see. Why? Part of Chrom's ability?

- A lot of the class-changed cards have CCS for their ability. Something that triggers on class change..?

- For some reasons I find it hilarious that Lissa from all people have 60 attack power and 10 support as a War Cleric.

Then, another question I had was about decking out;

When you deck out, shuffle your ENTIRE discard area into your deck.

Before this video, I was expecting to shuffle your support pile to your library (since you'd deck out very quickly with the support each fight), but I didn't think you'd put your supports into the discard pile. That works too (although killing an enemy unit doesn't have that much impact beyond board presence then).

Is there a number (or even better a list) of all of the cards coming out with the first release?

I'm so incredibly hype for this!

Not yet unfortunately.

Is there a number (or even better a list) of all of the cards coming out with the first release?

I'm so incredibly hype for this!

(but what's up with the bajillion tags in the quote?)

Good question! The japanese text for this specific code was copy-pasted from Dengeki (since I can't type kanji). For all my translations, I paste all the kanjis one by one from a dictionary in a notepad file (set to unicode) and I type out the hiragana and the katakana in it, then paste the phrases here. Maybe the forums here don't like Unicode?

Not confirmed:

- Player that goes first cannot attack on the first turn?

- The Lucina gets tapped on the turn it comes into play with no facing enemy unit, and she has no tap ability that I can see. Why? Part of Chrom's ability?

- A lot of the class-changed cards have CCS for their ability. Something that triggers on class change..?

- For some reasons I find it hilarious that Lissa from all people have 60 attack power and 10 support as a War Cleric.

It does seem like the player that goes first won't be able to attack, cause otherwise they can just get their Lord swarmed and the game ends there.

And yeah, I was also really curious on why Lucina got tapped...

One more question; did they ever mention how many of each card you can have in a deck? Like, the maximum amount?

On a different note, I made a video summarizing most of the rules we have so far! Trying to promote it as much as possible and share it around, so maybe it'll get popular enough so that we can get a possible Western release!

Sorry to barge in since I just joined relatively recently, but I've been working on translating the few cards that have high enough res pics that were available on the gallery.

So far I've completely translated Lucina's and I'm currently working on Gaius with only the quote untranslated. I hope some of this might help figure out the rules more, especially Gaius' card because it seems pretty complex compared to Lucina's. I'm going from top to bottom on the card in terms of the sections. These are pretty direct translations, though I have tried to retain some of the stylization of the names of attacks and the Character Descriptions. My apologies for any repeat information.

Lucina

Quote: Marth...my name is Marth.
Skill 1: "Name of the Hero King" / Special / Treat this card as if the name is Marth.
Skill 2: "Parallel Falchion" / Always Active / When this unit attacks a dragon affinity card, this unit's attack increases by 20 points.
Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / Support / If the attacking unit has the Brand affinity, then until the end of this attack phase the orbs it will destroy is now 2.

Range: 1
Unpromoted
Lord

Title: The swordsman known as Marth.
Name: Lucina

Gaius

Quote: Hmm, I'll take the job but the reward better be sweet.
Skill 1: "Assassinate" / Beginning Phase / Reveal the top card of the opponent's deck. If that card's cost is 3 or more, then you can choose to flip two Bonds in order to destroy that card.
Skill 2: CCS / "Just Desserts" / Supplementary / If this unit successfully assassinates an opponent's card, draw one card. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive).
Support Skill: N/A

Range: 1
Promoted
Assassin

Title: The Sweetest Assassin.
Name: Gaius

EDIT: Some further notes.
The Assassinate skill requires you to "tap" or switch the card to the side, which means it wouldn't be able to do a normal attack in the same turn.
CCS stands for Class Change Skill (Katakana above it reads クラスチャンジスキル).

Edited by aubergine

Oh wow, that's super helpful! Really glad to have people like you helping out with the translations :D

Gaius

Quote: Incomplete, I can't read some of the Kanji after ただし、
Skill 1: "Assassinate" / Beginning Phase / Reveal the top card of the opponent's deck. If that card's cost is more than 3, you can flip 2 of their (bond? it's unclear but that's my assumption) cards. Then, your opponent chooses one to discard.
Skill 2: CCS / "Just Desserts" / Supplementary / If this unit successfully assassinates an opponent's card, draw one card. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive).
Support Skill: N/A

Damn, that's really cool! Clarifies what CCS is completely, and I do assume that you flip bonds, but I'm guessing bonds unflip at the end of the turn..?

Although I've only seen 1 card with a cost more than 3, and I believe that was the Great Lord Lucina, so I'm not sure exactly how useful the skill will be.

But like I said earlier, really glad to see these translations!

Oh wow, that's super helpful! Really glad to have people like you helping out with the translations :D

Damn, that's really cool! Clarifies what CCS is completely, and I do assume that you flip bonds, but I'm guessing bonds unflip at the end of the turn..?

Although I've only seen 1 card with a cost more than 3, and I believe that was the Great Lord Lucina, so I'm not sure exactly how useful the skill will be.

But like I said earlier, really glad to see these translations!

Oops, that's a mistake on my part. It should read "3 or more" instead of "more than 3". So that would actually include 3 cost cards as well, which makes it a bit more viable.

Glad to find this community and finally be a part of it. I'll do what I can to help translate stuff!

Oops, that's a mistake on my part. It should read "3 or more" instead of "more than 3". So that would actually include 3 cost cards as well, which makes it a bit more viable.

Glad to find this community and finally be a part of it. I'll do what I can to help translate stuff!

Ah right, that does make more sense.

Always welcome! I'm quite a new member here as well, and really surprised and glad to see how welcoming and warm the community is.

Perhaps once there are more translations we should have a page or something that has them all together? e.g. a wiki, or whatever works, just so that we don't lose track of the already-translated cards.

Not yet unfortunately.

Ah that's too bad. Hopefully we'll get a complete and official list before release.

I pre-ordered a booster box of 16 packs plus the two starter decks... But now I feel I'm gonna have to preorder some more!

Ah right, that does make more sense.

Always welcome! I'm quite a new member here as well, and really surprised and glad to see how welcoming and warm the community is.

Perhaps once there are more translations we should have a page or something that has them all together? e.g. a wiki, or whatever works, just so that we don't lose track of the already-translated cards.

I am definitely up for translating more of these cards, and a better catalogged system would be fantastic. I'll try and compile all the information from the previous pages of the thread and see what is already done to avoid doing translations that have already been done. Perhaps until a better system specifically for the cards is in place we could make a sole thread dedicated to that? My only hesitation there is that then for new information it would be split across a third thread on top of this one and the "Livestream...Sneak Peek" thread.

Ah that's too bad. Hopefully we'll get a complete and official list before release.

I pre-ordered a booster box of 16 packs plus the two starter decks... But now I feel I'm gonna have to preorder some more!

I too pre-ordered one each of the two starter decks and a booster box, but I definitely won't be able to buy more for a while due to money. I'd definitely love to get another booster box though...I do feel like there will be a decent amount of cards in this set that will probably necessitate multiple booster box purchases in order to secure them all. That and there's not much known about the rarity system this TCG might have as well.

Edited by aubergine

Thank you for the video DifferentFight! Glad to see that someone with actual videomaking skills is making English videos for this game :)

Welcome aubergine! Glad to have you around! I mostly joined this forum due to the card game actually just as you did actually.

Thank you so much for the translations! That's one nasty support ability that Chrom/Lucina/Marth have!

There's quite a few cards with a cost of more than 3: Actually, in my "translatable cards" folder alone, there's three units of cost 4 and one of cost 5.

Regarding Gaius ability, is it possible the interpretation would be: "Flip over top card of enemy deck. If its cost is 3 or higher, you can flip over 2 bonds and the opponent's card goes to the discard area. If you have promoted Gaius, you can draw a card after the assassination." ?

Basically, tap Gaius and you can see the top card of the opponent's deck. That would already be super useful by itself: Even if you don't assassinate the card, you get to know what they will flip next for support card or draw next turn. If you do decide to assassinate the card, you have to flip two of your own bonds (pay a cost). This makes it so the opponent loses a useful card, and you draw a card yourself.

If you actually flipped the opponent's bonds instead of your own, you'd basically destroy their ability to play anything in a few short turns (since they'd have no face-up cards left, and no colors up = no casting units), as well as destroying enemy units and drawing cards all at once. That'd be utterly insane for a 3 cost unit (I'd play it with even 6 casting cost).

The CCS thing makes a whole lot of sense! Thank you for explaining that to us! The other "strange" tag I see on a card is the FS tag, like on the pegasus sisters card. We have Palla on the gallery: If it's not asking too much, could you try translating Palla's card too? That'd give us some translations of all the "major" ability types we've seen in the game so far. Again, thank you!

There's quite a few cards with a cost of more than 3: Actually, in my "translatable cards" folder alone, there's three units of cost 4 and one of cost 5.

Regarding Gaius ability, is it possible the interpretation would be: "Flip over top card of enemy deck. If its cost is 3 or higher, you can flip over 2 bonds and the opponent's card goes to the discard area. If you have promoted Gaius, you can draw a card after the assassination." ?

Basically, tap Gaius and you can see the top card of the opponent's deck. That would already be super useful by itself: Even if you don't assassinate the card, you get to know what they will flip next for support card or draw next turn. If you do decide to assassinate the card, you have to flip two of your own bonds (pay a cost). This makes it so the opponent loses a useful card, and you draw a card yourself.

If you actually flipped the opponent's bonds instead of your own, you'd basically destroy their ability to play anything in a few short turns (since they'd have no face-up cards left, and no colors up = no casting units), as well as destroying enemy units and drawing cards all at once. That'd be utterly insane for a 3 cost unit (I'd play it with even 6 casting cost).

The CCS thing makes a whole lot of sense! Thank you for explaining that to us! The other "strange" tag I see on a card is the FS tag, like on the pegasus sisters card. We have Palla on the gallery: If it's not asking too much, could you try translating Palla's card too? That'd give us some translations of all the "major" ability types we've seen in the game so far. Again, thank you!

Glad to be here, thanks for the kind regards!

Now that I am looking at this again, you are correct that the Gaius player gets to choose if the top card is destroyed, but only if the Gaius player flips two bond cards. I misread that completely, thanks for that catch! Yeah, that would be extremely over powered for a 3/5 cost card.

Yeah, I'll work on translating the Palla card next, that FS tag caught my eye as well.

At some point after getting through the gallery cards I might ask and see if it would be alright to see some of the other translatable card images.

EDIT:

Well, I finished translating the FS skill. The katakana above it turned out to be フォーメーションスキル, so Palla's first skill reads:

FS (Formation Skill) / Triangle Attack / Supplementary (I'm looking for a better word to use here, the general idea shared between this and Gaius' that has the same Kanji symbol is that is requires something else in order to activate) / [This skill can only be performed while Catria and Est are in play and have not taken an action.] If you pay the cost during your attack phase (I'm guessing it means you have to pay the attack cost for all 3 units), then until the end of the attack phase this unit's attack increases by 50 and cannot be avoided even by a Heavenly Dodge.

Edited by aubergine

I too pre-ordered one each of the two starter decks and a booster box, but I definitely won't be able to buy more for a while due to money. I'd definitely love to get another booster box though...I do feel like there will be a decent amount of cards in this set that will probably necessitate multiple booster box purchases in order to secure them all. That and there's not much known about the rarity system this TCG might have as well.

Personally I don't see myself purchasing more than a few booster boxes because it's highly unlikely I'll actually play the game itself. There's a number of websites where you'll probably be able to buy individual cards that I won't find in the boosters so I don't want to overdo it and end up with so many dupes.

Or maybe we could set up a Serenes Forest trading community of some sort! It's very early for that but it could probably work out.