Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Here's Palla's green/always ability:

このコニットが「Catria」か「Est]に支援されている塚合、このコニットの戦闘力な+10される。

When Palla is supported by Catria or Est (ie. They are used as support to Palla), Patria gets +10 until the end of the turn.

In other words, not a terribly significant ability.

Yes, I know it's less fun than having the absolutely epic Lucina card translated, but at least it completes the Palla card. I can't translate that Lucina card: The image quality is not good enough to read the more complex kanjis. I can tell that the beginning is saying something about taking 1 card from the discard pile (It's the same as Maribelle's ability) but I can't understand what comes afterward.

Vanguard looks pretty fun from a gameplay standpoint, but I'm not a fan of giant robots at all or the art in general so I'm not exactly converted!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to our world - I'm bringing over a lot of Vanguard fans to this game :D

If the cards get ported over, I'm converting as many Vanguard players as possible! So far, I've only told the guy that dragged me into Vanguard (since he can read the cards as-is).

When Palla is supported by Catria or Est (ie. They are used as support to Palla), Patria gets +10 until the end of the turn.

Vanguard looks pretty fun from a gameplay standpoint, but I'm not a fan of giant robots at all or the art in general so I'm not exactly converted!

Palla - Remember Olivia, way back when? Imagine Palla attacking twice with the attack boost.

Vanguard - Hmmm. . .how should I put this?

Giant robots are not the only thing that Cray has to offer! I first started with Liberators!

(and then I wound up with Kagero, it's a long story)

Yes, I know it's less fun than having the absolutely epic Lucina card translated, but at least it completes the Palla card. I can't translate that Lucina card: The image quality is not good enough to read the more complex kanjis. I can tell that the beginning is saying something about taking 1 card from the discard pile (It's the same as Maribelle's ability) but I can't understand what comes afterward.

Don't worry about robots; we have all kinds of knights, deities, zombies, steampunk, american football, angels, zoo animals, plant ladies, mermaids; you name it!

Robots only consist like 7% of the clans :D

Back to topic, thanks for the translation! It sort of takes down 3 cards in one go.

Don't worry about robots; we have all kinds of knights, deities, zombies, steampunk, american football, angels, zoo animals, plant ladies, mermaids; you name it!

Robots only consist like 7% of the clans :D

You. Forgot. The. DRAGONS! :P:

Back to topic, thanks for the translation! It sort of takes down 3 cards in one go.

I don't know if Catria/Est would have the exact same ability (or even the same stats). I'd wait until the cards were released.

Since I'll be getting 1 Awakening deck and a box of the booster packs, I was thinking of holding a code giveaway since I won't be importing a copy of JP FE:if. I'm ordering for 2 friends too, but I'm waiting to confirm if they're willing to give me their Awakening and Shadow Dragon codes. Anyone else interested in donating their codes? Or are the known people here who are getting JP FE:if also getting the TCG?

Are we talking about B01-047N Tiki?

Her abilities are "Long-living/lasting dragon tribe" (if she has 4 or more bond cards, her battle strength is increased by 30) and "Manakete Emblem" (if the attacking unit has the Falchion icon, choose a card from your hand. Then place the card in the bond area.)

Oh yeah, if everyone doesn't need a focused wiki, I've got space on SF's wiki if you want to use it. (Account registration is currently disabled, but I can re-enable it)

Edited by VincentASM

Are we talking about B01-047N Tiki?

Her abilities are "Long-living/lasting dragon tribe" (if she has 4 or more bond cards, her battle strength is increased by 30) and "Manakete Emblem" (if the attacking unit has the Falchion icon, choose a card from your hand. Then place the card in the bond area.)

Oh yeah, if everyone doesn't need a focused wiki, I've got space on SF's wiki if you want to use it. (Account registration is currently disabled, but I can re-enable it)

Oooh, I think we could use that!

Thanks for the translation, by the way! Helps a lot as always.

Thanks for the Tiki translation! I had the first ability right (yay!) but I had no clue about the second one... Vincent, if it's not too much trouble, could you do Chrom's (the basic 1 cost one) first ability too? I can't understand that one either and he's kind of the main character so it'd be a useful one to have!

The SF wiki would be a pretty good fit in my opinion: This is already by far the most complete English site for Fire Emblem so it'd make sense to have the card game information here too. If allowed, I'd certainly be interested in contributing for it.

sofuttopai: I'm also buying the Japanese black version, sorry. I kind of bought a Japanese 3DS mostly for Langrisser Reincarnation (don't think it'll ever get localized), and I figured that since I was already wasting a lot of money, I might as well order one of the FEIF version while I was as it and waste even more (Especially since I'll be getting the NA version too...) I sort of badly justify all that wasted money by saying that there's only an handful of games that interests me coming out in the remainder of 2015 so I won't be spending more than usual on games this year. Possibly wishful thinking but it's the intention that counts..?

eclipse: We've seen Catria and Est too (Three giant cards sitting next to each other). Their abilities are the same (except for the names of course) so we do have three more cards taken care of. Yay!

Guess I was wrong about Vanguard cards, sorry! I think I got unlucky: The demo video had robots and both players had those in the match I watched. The wiki front page also has them on the side bars and the picture of the newest set is also robots. I admit I hadn't looked further than that...

Edited by Ayra

You may want somebody to double check it, but Chrom's ability looks like this to me:

Brand*1: For each promoted/class-changed ally*2, this unit gains 10 battle strength.

*1 as in the Mark of Naga

*2 excluding this unit (not that it matters I think)

Cool, I'll fiddle with the wiki settings when I have time.

Thanks for the Tiki translation! I had the first ability right (yay!) but I had no clue about the second one... Vincent, if it's not too much trouble, could you do Chrom's (the basic 1 cost one) first ability too? I can't understand that one either and he's kind of the main character so it'd be a useful one to have!

The SF wiki would be a pretty good fit in my opinion: This is already by far the most complete English site for Fire Emblem so it'd make sense to have the card game information here too. If allowed, I'd certainly be interested in contributing for it.

sofuttopai: I'm also buying the Japanese black version, sorry. I kind of bought a Japanese 3DS mostly for Langrisser Reincarnation (don't think it'll ever get localized), and I figured that since I was already wasting a lot of money, I might as well order one of the FEIF version while I was as it and waste even more (Especially since I'll be getting the NA version too...) I sort of badly justify all that wasted money by saying that there's only an handful of games that interests me coming out in the remainder of 2015 so I won't be spending more than usual on games this year. Possibly wishful thinking but it's the intention that counts..?

eclipse: We've seen Catria and Est too (Three giant cards sitting next to each other). Their abilities are the same (except for the names of course) so we do have three more cards taken care of. Yay!

Guess I was wrong about Vanguard cards, sorry! I think I got unlucky: The demo video had robots and both players had those in the match I watched. The wiki front page also has them on the side bars and the picture of the newest set is also robots. I admit I hadn't looked further than that...

Us diehard robot fans finally got our support after ages </3

EDIT: I'll probably be able to give away my Cipher codes for FE:IF, if anybody's interested. Unless they somehow end up being compatible with the English versions of the games as well.

You may want somebody to double check it, but Chrom's ability looks like this to me:

Brand*1: For each promoted/class-changed ally*2, this unit gains 10 battle strength.

Damn, thanks for that!

I'm assuming a lot of the Awakening units have the second ability?

Edited by DifferentFight

Damn, thanks for that!

I'm assuming a lot of the Awakening units have the second ability?

Not quite. The "Hero Emblem" ability seems to belong to main characters. I haven't seen all the cards, but Marth (Shadow Dragon), Chrom and Lucina definitely have it. Plus it makes sense since they're "heroes".

Many characters have ____ Emblem as their second (support) ability though. Which is kinda cute, since it's Fire Emblem and all.

Well done on the translation of Palla's second skill. I've been so busy with work that I only got done doing work on her card today, but to add on to make the translation complete I do have the quote and description to offer as well as the names of the attacks and such. Apologies for repeat information.

Palla

Quote: Come, let's settle this! Triangle Attack!!

Skill 1: FS / "Triangle Attack" / Supplementary / [This can only be performed while Catria and Est are in play and have not taken an action.] During this unit's attack, if you pay the cost for all 3 units then until the end of your attack phase this unit's attack power increases by 50 and cannot be avoided.

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / Always Active / If this unit has any level support with either Catria or Est, then add 10 points to this unit's attack.

Support Skill: N/A

Range: 1

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Title: Eldest of the Pegasus Sisters

Name: Palla

Edited by aubergine

This is pretty spot on.

Chrom

Quote: "Anything can change!"

Skill 1: "Mark of Naga" / Always Active / For every other class changed unit on your battlefield this unit gains plus 10 to attack.

Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / Support / If the attacking unit has the Brand (affinity), then until the end of this attack phase that ally now destroys 2 orbs.

Unpromoted

Lord

Title: Crown-prince of Ylisse

Name: Chrom

Apologies for repeat information.

For one I'm never going to say no to information, especially when you translate everything instead of the bare minimum! :)

I got to say that Chrom's a really logical pick for lord in an awakening deck... That's an utterly amazing ability, and he's going to stay awesome even if you don't draw an upgraded Chrom. The neat thing about his ability is that from the sound of it, this also affects his stats on the opponent's turn... So Chrom + 7 class-changed unit = 110 power Lord... Ouch! Let's just say that he's faring quite a bit better than poor Vaike!

I've made a preliminary main page over here : )

Once I find my PSD file, I'll add a banner on the wiki front page. (And then once we have enough information, I'll link to the wiki section from the main site's front page.)

Account registrations have been enabled too. Just click the link to the top right of any page (or here). Watch out: usernames are case-sensitive : o

There's a test page there as well, if you want to mess around or test things.

I'm buying cards too, would it be helpful for me to scan them? (Particularly the card that the LE comes with?)

Sure, don't see why not!

For one I'm never going to say no to information, especially when you translate everything instead of the bare minimum! :)

I got to say that Chrom's a really logical pick for lord in an awakening deck... That's an utterly amazing ability, and he's going to stay awesome even if you don't draw an upgraded Chrom. The neat thing about his ability is that from the sound of it, this also affects his stats on the opponent's turn... So Chrom + 7 class-changed unit = 110 power Lord... Ouch! Let's just say that he's faring quite a bit better than poor Vaike!

Yes, indeed! Since it looks like the boost is on both player's turns, he can be pretty darn huge if things pan out correctly (hence why killing his rear guards is a Good Idea).

I think Marth is viable as a lord, as well, since you can splash Lucina in there, and have even more chances for crits and dodges (if I read everything right).

Thanks for opening sign-ups, Vincent!

Thanks for the Wiki! I've registered an account on it, clicked the edit test link and...... I learned that I'll have to do some reading on Wiki editing to make anything worth reading.

In the todo list, I see this note:

• Allow uploading of images -in progress

How much "in progress" it is? I'm pretty sure we'll need to have the cards image up if we want to make things not too confusing. Especially since there's multiple copies of the same card. For example, we've seen three Lucina's, three Marth's, two non-class-changed Tharja, ect. I'm expecting that there's going to be about "number FE3 playable cast * 4" cards in the release set, so I'm expecting multiple copies of other characters too, especially on the Awakening side. Of course there's no hurry for that considering that the game is still months away from release.

L95: I'm sure that'll be helpful! We'll want to have all cards up at some point, and I'm sure some of the cards will be some kind of "uber rare status".

eclipse: Yup, at least you have an option on how to fight Chrom so all good. Regarding the Lucina crits, I guess that'll depend on if you can crit using cards of the same name, or if you need to have the exact same card to crit. I don't think we've managed to get a confirmation on that yet (?)

Edited by Ayra

Just wanted to thank everyone here that's been translating and updating the thread. A few members of our stream community and I are interested in trying out the game, so we've already went out on a limb to order a few boxes. Hoping we can contribute in someway, but it seems you already have translators and scanners, yeah?

As for myself, I guess I'm taking a bit of a risk as well. I'm really hoping that this game ends up being picked up by a couple of local friends, so it isn't Solo Emblem: The Card Game. Looks promising so far. I'll pop by here and there again, but I'm not sure how vocal I'll be. I honestly made this account JUST to join in on this thread.

Edited by Coopa

I've made a preliminary main page over here : )

Once I find my PSD file, I'll add a banner on the wiki front page. (And then once we have enough information, I'll link to the wiki section from the main site's front page.)

Account registrations have been enabled too. Just click the link to the top right of any page (or here). Watch out: usernames are case-sensitive : o

There's a test page there as well, if you want to mess around or test things.

Thanks for that! I registered already, but haven't looked around too much just yet.

In the todo list, I see this note:

• Allow uploading of images -in progress

How much "in progress" it is? I'm pretty sure we'll need to have the cards image up if we want to make things not too confusing. Especially since there's multiple copies of the same card. For example, we've seen three Lucina's, three Marth's, two non-class-changed Tharja, ect. I'm expecting that there's going to be about "number FE3 playable cast * 4" cards in the release set, so I'm expecting multiple copies of other characters too, especially on the Awakening side. Of course there's no hurry for that considering that the game is still months away from release.

I think we can separate the same character cards by their entries in the set? Like B01/054SR or something, and B01/089HN and stuff like that. Just a suggestion.

This is pretty spot on.

Chrom

Quote: "Anything can change!"

Skill 1: "Mark of Naga" / Always Active / For every other class changed unit on your battlefield this unit gains plus 10 to attack.

Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / Support / If the attacking unit has the Brand (affinity), then until the end of this attack phase that ally now destroys 2 orbs.

Unpromoted

Lord

Title: Crown-prince of Ylisse

Name: Chrom

I really really like aubergine's format for the card translations, keep up the great work!

I think we can separate the same character cards by their entries in the set? Like B01/054SR or something, and B01/089HN and stuff like that. Just a suggestion.

In this case it'd probably be a good idea to have another page where all cards with the same name are listed. Those wouldn't have the scans, but instead just basic information (and links to the pages with scans). This is probably necessary since I don't think we can assume that the people looking up the cards will always know which specific edition they have to search for.

Wow, you guys have been busy. Sorry I haven't been able to translate anything recently, I've become very busy all of a sudden. You've done a lot of great work. Thanks Vincent, for opening the wiki to the TCG translations.

In this case it'd probably be a good idea to have another page where all cards with the same name are listed. Those wouldn't have the scans, but instead just basic information (and links to the pages with scans). This is probably necessary since I don't think we can assume that the people looking up the cards will always know which specific edition they have to search for.

I think we should do a page with just the scans of each card of the same name and a link to each of their own pages. That way you can just take a quick glance and know which one you want, then when you get to the right page you get all the information. Something like TCG:Chrom would have the scans and links, then you'd click the link and go to TCG:Chrom,_Crown_Prince_of_Ylisse.

What information do we want for each entry? Since I never did any wiki stuff before, I wrote something on the test page just to see how wiki edititing works (so it's ugly as sin, incomplete and completely unusable), but I think we'll need to decide what we want for each card. Is the following list missing anything? Something that should not be present? Some of it feels maybe a bit excessive, but it might be necessary for when there's more sets.

Picture (I assume we also want it on the card's main page)

Name

Class name

Release ID

Rarity (Should this be separate so that someone can get a list of all Common cards from a set?)

Clan/Faction/Whatever you want to call the red and blue game symbols (Assuming it's not game-based and that the 2nd expansion will feature white and black cards)

Base stats (Attack and support values)

Name of skills - skill description

Comments

Edited by Ayra