Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

In accordance with the official site update, I've updated the tentative section of the translation Spoiler Tag with Est and Catria's information. I'm only missing the quotes from their cards for a more complete translation.

Thanks for spotting that, consider it updated! You are absolutely right, wording is key in card games. When compiling that list I tried to go back and edit the earlier translations to match the better wording established in other cards later, but I definitely missed some things. Another thing I tried to do is keep the single-Kanji-symbol system in place that the Japanese cards use to denote certain rules without taking up too much space, thus the Legend at the top. Let me know if anyone can think of better one character symbols that represent those ideas to a western audience...the "special" symbol in particular is one I imagine not as many people are familiar with and wouldn't immediately understand the meaning without having to consult a manual. There's definitely a distinct advantage that the Kanji system has in terms of readability, so that has been particularly nagging at me in terms of a complete localization of this TCG.

-CHANGELOG-

-Rewording on Chrom's Skill 2 thanks to eclipse

-Changed the wording of the "Sisterly Ties" Skill to sound more natural/fluid

-Added CSS and FS to the Legend

-Added "Est" and "Catria" cards to Tentative section

Legend

α = Beginning Phase

& = Supplementary/Dependent

∞ = Always Active

§ = Special

= Support

CCS = Class Change Skill

FS = Formation Skill

Tentative

Lodestar Marth

Quote: "(?)"

Skill 1: "Hero's (?)" / α / [Flip 3 Bonds, Discard 1 "Marth" card from your hand] Until the end of your opponent's next turn the attack of all your ally units is increased by 30.

Skill 2: "Falchion" / ∞ / When this unit attacks a unit with the dragon affinity, this unit's attack is increased by 20.

Support Skill: N/A

Range: 1

Promoted

Lodestar

Title: (?)

Name: Marth

Catria

Quote: “(?). Triangle Attack!!”

Skill 1: FS / "Triangle Attack" / & / [This can only be performed while Catria and Est are in play and have not taken an action.] During this unit's attack, if you pay the cost for all 3 units then until the end of your attack phase this unit's attack power increases by 50 and cannot be avoided.

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Palla or Est as their support, then add 10 points to this unit's attack.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Title: Middle Child of the Pegasus Sisters

Name: Catria

Est

Skill 1: FS / "Triangle Attack" / & / [This can only be performed while Catria and Est are in play and have not taken an action.] During this unit's attack, if you pay the cost for all 3 units then until the end of your attack phase this unit's attack power increases by 50 and cannot be avoided.

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Palla or Catria as their support, then add 10 points to this unit's attack.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Title: Youngest of the Pegasus Sisters

Name: Est

Completed

Tharja

Quote: “I’ve always been quite good at choosing who to hate on my own…”

Skill 1: “Flux” / α / [Tap this card, Flip 2 Bonds] Your opponent must choose one card from their hand and discard it.

Skill 2: N/A

Range: 1-2

Unpromoted

Dark Mage

Title: The Bewitching Shaman from Plegia

Name: Tharja

Lucina

Quote: Marth...my name is Marth.

Skill 1: "Name of the Hero King" / § / Treat this card as if the name is Marth.

Skill 2: "Parallel Falchion" / ∞ / When this unit attacks a dragon affinity card, this unit's attack increases by 20 points.

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / / If the attacking unit has the Brand affinity, then until the end of this attack phase the orbs it will destroy is now 2.

Unpromoted

Lord

Title: The swordsman known as Marth.

Name: Lucina

Gaius

Quote: Hmm, I'll take the job but the reward better be sweet.

Skill 1: "Assassinate" / α / Reveal the top card of the opponent's deck. If that card's cost is 3 or more, then you can choose to flip two Bonds in order to destroy that card.

Skill 2: CCS / "Just Desserts" / & / If this unit successfully assassinates an opponent's card, draw one card. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive).

Promoted

Assassin

Title: The Sweetest Assassin.

Name: Gaius

Palla

Quote: Come, let's settle this! Triangle Attack!!

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Catria or Est as their support, then add 10 points to this unit's attack.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Title: Eldest of the Pegasus Sisters

Name: Palla

Chrom

Quote: "Anything can change!"

Skill 1: "Mark of Naga" / ∞ / For every other class changed unit on your battlefield this unit’s attack increases by 10.

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / / If the attacking unit has the Brand (affinity), then until the end of this attack phase that ally now destroys 2 orbs.

Unpromoted

Lord

Title: Crown-prince of Ylisse

Name: Chrom

Linde

Quote: "Father...your murderer will be brought to justice. I-I must vanquish Gharnef!"

Skill 1: "Thunder" / α / Once per turn / [Flip one Bond] Until the end of this turn this unit's attack increases by 10.

Attack Support Skill: "Mage's Emblem" / / Draw one card. Then, choose one card from your hand and place it in the discard pile.

Unpromoted

Mage

Title: Daughter of Pontifex Miloah

Name: Linde

Maribelle

Quote: "Oh hey yourself, Lissa! I've sprouted about 14 gray hairs fretting over you!"

Skill 1: "Heal" / α / [Tap this unit, Flip 2 Bonds] Choose a card from your discard pile except "Maribelle" and add it to your hand.

Skill 2: "Women of Nobility" / ∞ / During your turn if you have the unit "Lissa" active then that unit's attack is increased by 20.

Defense Support Skill: "Cleric's Emblem" / / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Range: --

Unpromoted

Troubadour

Title: Sharp-Tongued Noblewoman

Name: Maribelle

Marth

Quote: "This is my fate...to prove my worth as Prince of Altea I must reclaim the Exalted Falchion and defeat Doluna."

Skill 1: "Young Hero" / α / [Tap this unit, Only usable before any other ally has taken an action] Choose one enemy unit and move it. This skill can't be used if Marth isn't on the Front Line.

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity then until the end of your attack phase the amount of orbs it destroys is now 2.

Unpromoted

Lord

Title: Crown Prince of Altea

Tiki

Quote: "You don't mind if I call you Mar-mar, do you?"

Skill 1: "Ancient Dragon Tribe" / ∞ / If there are 4 or more cards in your Bond Area, then this unit's attack increases by 30.

Attack Support Skill: "Manakete's Emblem" / / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity, then you may choose one card from your hand and put it in your Bond Area.

Non-promotable

Manakete

Title: Princess of the Divine Dragon Tribe

Name: Tiki

Nabarl

Quote: "...enough talk. Draw."

Skill 1: "Quick Draw" / α / [Discard one "Nabarl" card from your hand] Until the end of this turn, this unit's attacks cannot be avoided.

Skill 2: "Dual-Sword Technique" / & / [Flip one Bond] When an enemy's unit is destroyed by this attack, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose an enemy unit with a cost of 2 or less that is not their Main Character and destroy it.

Promoted

Swordmaster

Title: Crimson God of Death

Name: Nabarl

Great Lord Lucina

Quote: "We can change the future. We must..."

Skill 1: "Defiant of Destiny" / α / Once per turn / [Flip 1 Bond, Discard 1 "Lucina" card from your hand] Draw 2 cards, then select one card from your hand and put it on top of your deck. If this card has been class changed then instead draw 3 cards, select 2 cards from your hand, and put them in any order on top of the deck.

Skill 2: "Parallel Falchion" / ∞ / When this unit attacks a card with the dragon affinity this unit's attack is increased by 20.

Promoted

Great Lord

Title: Warrior from a Grim Future

I quite like your legend, it makes life a lot easier!

One suggestion; perhaps it wouldn't hurt to add the Attacking power and Supporting power of each card along with skills, range, etc.?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For card games, wording is really important. It's the reason why there's weird issues in games like Yu-Gi-Oh!, where "sent to the graveyard" doesn't trigger effects that require the card to be destroyed, etc.

It definitely is, that's why I tried to establish some terms in the first post so we wouldn't have to guess which things are the same as each other and what stuff means.

One suggestion; perhaps it wouldn't hurt to add the Attacking power and Supporting power of each card along with skills, range, etc.?

Might as well add cost and promotion cost and get all the information in one place; it'll make it easier to transfer everything to the wiki once it's back.

Thank you so much, Aubergine, for all the work you've done on this. And everyone else as well, I don't mean to exclude anyone, but the amount of effort Aubergine's put into the translations is just fantastic.

Much appreciated, but really this has been a team effort. I greatly appreciate the extremely extensive groundwork laid down by Dan and everyone else before I came on the scene. That first post made things much more easier having established a glossary of terms to work with. Then there are the many of you who have taken the time to read my work entirely and post your thoughts on how to make it sound better, which is more than I could hope for, so really thank you all!

I quite like your legend, it makes life a lot easier!

This is a great idea and I'll work on updating the "compendium" later on today. I'll also add the cost and promotion cost as per Dan's appended suggestion.

Having all that added, the only thing left is the "affinities" on the left just below the costs. Obviously we have Dragon, Mark of Naga, and Falchion affinities which have been pretty well detailed due to the numerous abilities that center around those, and we also have some obvious pegasus/air born unit affinities for the flying unit we have so far, which will no doubt affect the damage those units take from archers. But, there are others that are strange like the obvious guy/girl affinities and the weapon affinities that we don't have much information on yet. I guess I can add them, if only in name, for now if only for informational purposes.

Apologies for the double post.

Alongside the updates to the "Spoils of War" spoiler compendium discussed before, I've also finished translation work on Vaike's card. I took some localization liberties instead of direct translations on the attack names to better effect I feel like. His first skill translates out to "fighter's expertise", but I wanted to follow something closer in flavor to the official localization work done in Awakening. It's interesting to note that his support skill's direct translation is really Attack Emblem, but I didn't really feel that flowed well, so I changed it to be his class though this might need to be reevaluated if another card that's not a fighter has this same skill.

Vaike – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shepards / Male / Axe

Quote: “The Vaike can handle anything!”

Skill 1: “Teach’s Tenure” / ∞ / During your turn, this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Attack Support Skill: “Fighter’s Emblem” / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Attack Power: 30

Support Attack Power: 10

Unpromoted

Fighter

Title: Hero from a Podunk Village

Name: Vaike

-Compendium Changelog-

-Added Vaike to Completed and moved Tentative section to bottom – 2015/5/8

-Added Affinities, Cost, Promotion Cost, Attack and Support Attack values, thanks to DifferentFight and Dan – 2015/5/8

-Reworded “Sisterly Ties” again to maintain wording consistency – 2015/5/8

-Fixed typo on Nabarl’s Skill 2 – 2015/5/8

-Changed “Beginning phase” to Opening Phase in the Legend for α, thanks to Dan – 2015/05/08

Cipher Compendium

Legend

α = Opening Phase

∞ = Always Active

§ = Special

♥ = Support

CCS = Class Change Skill

FS = Formation Skill

Completed

Skill 1: “Teach’s Tenure” / ∞ / During your turn, this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Attack Support Skill: “Fighter’s Emblem” / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Unpromoted

Fighter

Tharja – Cost: 2 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shepards / Female / Tome

Skill 1: “Flux” / α / [Tap this card, Flip 2 Bonds] Your opponent must choose one card from their hand and discard it.

Attack Power: 40

Support Attack Power: 20

Unpromoted

Dark Mage

Lucina – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shepards / Female / Sword

Skill 2: "Parallel Falchion" / ∞ / When this unit attacks a dragon affinity card, this unit's attack increases by 20 points.
Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Brand affinity, then until the end of this attack phase the orbs it will destroy is now 2.

Unpromoted
Lord

Gaius – Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Shepards / Male / Sword

Skill 1: "Assassinate" / α / Reveal the top card of the opponent's deck. If that card's cost is 3 or more, then you can choose to flip two Bonds in order to destroy that card.
Skill 2: CCS / "Just Desserts" / & / If this unit successfully assassinates an opponent's card, draw one card. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive).

Attack Power: 50

Promoted
Assassin

Palla – Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Falchion / Female / Lance / Flying / Mount

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Catria or Est as their support, then increase this unit’s attack by 10.

Support Attack Power: 30
Promoted
Falcon Knight

Chrom – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Skill 1: "Mark of Naga" / ∞ / For every other class changed unit on your battlefield this unit’s attack increases by 10.
Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Brand (affinity), then until the end of this attack phase that ally now destroys 2 orbs.

Unpromoted
Lord

Linde – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Falchion / Female / Tome

Quote: "Father...your murderer will be brought to justice. I-I must vanquish Gharnef!"
Skill 1: "Thunder" / α / Once per turn / [Flip one Bond] Until the end of this turn this unit's attack increases by 10.
Attack Support Skill: "Mage's Emblem" / ♥ / Draw one card. Then, choose one card from your hand and place it in the discard pile.

Unpromoted
Mage

Maribelle – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shepards / Female / Staff / Mount

Quote: "Oh hey yourself, Lissa! I've sprouted about 14 gray hairs fretting over you!"
Skill 1: "Heal" / α / [Tap this unit, Flip 2 Bonds] Choose a card from your discard pile except "Maribelle" and add it to your hand.
Skill 2: "Women of Nobility" / ∞ / During your turn if you have the unit "Lissa" active then that unit's attack is increased by 20.
Defense Support Skill: "Cleric's Emblem" / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Attack Power: 20

Unpromoted
Troubadour

Marth – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Falchion / Male / Sword

Quote: "This is my fate...to prove my worth as Prince of Altea I must reclaim the Exalted Falchion and defeat Doluna."
Skill 1: "Young Hero" / α / [Tap this unit, Only usable before any other ally has taken an action] Choose one enemy unit and move it. This skill can't be used if Marth isn't on the Front Line.

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity then until the end of your attack phase the amount of orbs it destroys is now 2.

Unpromoted
Lord

Tiki – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Falchion / Female / Stone / Dragon

Skill 1: "Ancient Dragon Tribe" / ∞ / If there are 4 or more cards in your Bond Area, then this unit's attack increases by 30.

Attack Support Skill: "Manakete's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity, then you may choose one card from your hand and put it in your Bond Area.

Non-promotable
Manakete

Nabarl – Cost: 4 / Promotion Cost: 3

Skill 1: "Quick Draw" / α / [Discard one "Nabarl" card from your hand] Until the end of this turn, this unit's attacks cannot be avoided.
Skill 2: "Dual-Sword Technique" / & / [Flip one Bond] When an enemy's unit is destroyed by this unit’s attack, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose an enemy unit with a cost of 2 or less that is not their Main Character and destroy it.

Attack Power: 70

Promoted
Swordmaster

Great Lord Lucina – Cost: 4 / Promotion Cost: 3

Skill 1: "Defiant of Destiny" / α / Once per turn / [Flip 1 Bond, Discard 1 "Lucina" card from your hand] Draw 2 cards, then select one card from your hand and put it on top of your deck. If this card has been class changed then instead draw 3 cards, select 2 cards from your hand, and put them in any order on top of the deck.
Skill 2: "Parallel Falchion" / ∞ / When this unit attacks a card with the dragon affinity this unit's attack is increased by 20.

Promoted
Great Lord

Tentative

Lodestar Marth – Cost: 5 / Promotion Cost: 4

Skill 1: "Hero's (?)" / α / [Flip 3 Bonds, Discard 1 "Marth" card from your hand] Until the end of your opponent's next turn the attack of all your ally units is increased by 30.

Skill 2: "Falchion" / ∞ / When this unit attacks a unit with the dragon affinity, this unit's attack is increased by 20.

Promoted

Lodestar

Catria – Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Palla or Est as their support, then increase this unit’s attack by 10.

Promoted
Falcon Knight

Est – Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Palla or Catria as their support, then increase this unit’s attack by 10.

Promoted
Falcon Knight

Thanks for everything, Sir Eggplant! This is a hell of an undertaking, and it's so very awesome! :P:

Since it's hard to figure out which stats correspond to which cards, I've taken, well, everything, and added separators to it. IMO, this info would be good for a tentative wiki, even if the game itself isn't due for a month and a half (at least).

Cipher Compendium

Legend

α = Opening Phase

∞ = Always Active

§ = Special

♥ = Support

CCS = Class Change Skill

FS = Formation Skill

Completed

Unpromoted

Fighter

Unpromoted

Dark Mage

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Brand affinity, then until the end of this attack phase the orbs it will destroy is now 2.

Unpromoted

Lord

Promoted

Assassin

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Catria or Est as their support, then increase this unit’s attack by 10.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Brand (affinity), then until the end of this attack phase that ally now destroys 2 orbs.

Unpromoted

Lord

Attack Support Skill: "Mage's Emblem" / ♥ / Draw one card. Then, choose one card from your hand and place it in the discard pile.

Unpromoted

Mage

Defense Support Skill: "Cleric's Emblem" / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Unpromoted

Troubadour

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity then until the end of your attack phase the amount of orbs it destroys is now 2.

Unpromoted

Lord

Attack Support Skill: "Manakete's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity, then you may choose one card from your hand and put it in your Bond Area.

Non-promotable

Manakete

Skill 2: "Dual-Sword Technique" / & / [Flip one Bond] When an enemy's unit is destroyed by this unit’s attack, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose an enemy unit with a cost of 2 or less that is not their Main Character and destroy it.

Promoted

Swordmaster

Promoted

Great Lord

Tentative

Promoted

Lodestar

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Palla or Est as their support, then increase this unit’s attack by 10.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Skill 2: "Sisterly Ties" / ∞ / If this unit has either Palla or Catria as their support, then increase this unit’s attack by 10.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

EDIT: Took out the quote tags, so that the list can be copied from this post via Quote. That list is still from aubergine, thank him for all the hard work, etc.

EDIT the SECOND: Wording. Still may be muddled, but I blame the headache.

Edited by eclipse

Thanks a bunch for the spacer idea elipse! I've since added it to the new entries, which speaking of I have five new cards added to the Cipher Compendium. I didn't want to keep spamming up/double posting the thread since news is pretty quiet, so I just decided to wait and build up a few cards for this newest update. It's the five newest cards in the top of the spoiler tag below.

I did have some notes on one card of the new batch. Wrys' Support Skill is called "Healer's Emblem" just like Maribelle, so I translated it out to match their respective classes instead of using the uninteresting sounding "Healer's Emblem". The weird thing here is that Wrys' version of this is functionally the same as Maribelle's, but has additional wording to clarify the parameters in which it is able to be used. Wrys' specifies "opponent" whereas Maribelle's simply said "attacker" but it's a defense support skill so it wouldn't be able to activate on your own turn anyway (besides who would want to prevent themselves from using critical hits?). They both function the same though, so I wonder which card has the most up-to-date wording in reference to the official cards.

-Compendium Changelog-

-Added Caeda, Abel, Athena, Olivia, and Wrys to “Completed” – 2015/5/13

-Added asterisk spacers between cards, thanks to eclipse – 2015/5/13

Legend

α = Opening Phase

∞ = Always Active

§ = Special

♥ = Support

CCS = Class Change Skill

FS = Formation Skill

Completed

Abel – Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Falchion / Male / Lance / Mount

Quote: “Come…have a taste of my lance!”

Skill 1: “Blessed Knight’s Protection” / ∞ / Your opponent’s rear guard cannot attack this unit or allies of 2 or less placement cost.

Skill 2: “Dancing Lances of Green & Red” / & / [This can only be performed while Cain is in play and has not taken an action] Once this unit has initiated an attack, if you pay the cost for both units then this unit’s attack is increased by 40.

Attack Power: 60

Promoted

Paladin

Title: The Panther of Altea

Name: Abel

Athena – Cost: 2 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Falchion / Female / Sword

Quote: Ve must repay this favor. This is how ve do things in my land.

Skill 1: “Myrmidon’s Debt” / § / This card cannot be placed on the Battlefield unless there are 5 or more cards in your discard pile.

Skill 2: “Levin Sword” / α / [Flip 1 Bond] Until the end of this turn this unit’s attack is decreased by 10, but is now treated as a Tome with a range of 1-2.

Unpromoted

Myrmidon

Title: The Myrmidon from Parts Unknown

Name: Athena

Olivia – Cost: 2 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Quote: “H-how embarrassing…”

Skill 1: “Dance” / α / During this turn choose on ally that has attacked and return it to the pre-action state.

Non-promotable

Dancer

Title: The Demure Dancer

Name: Olivia

Wrys – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Falchion / Male / Staff

Quote: “I am Wrys, a humble priest. I cannot fight, but I can heal your wounded.”

Skill 1: “Vulnerary” / & / Tap this Card / If you pay the cost once an ally unit has been attacked, then if you put Wrys in the discard pile that ally unit’s attack increases by 20 until the end of the attack phase.

Defense Support Skill: “Priest’s Emblem” / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase the opponent cannot perform critical hits.

Range: N/A

Unpromoted

Priest

Title:

Name: Wrys

Caeda – Cost: 4 / Promotion Cost: 3

Quote: “Can you truly fathom love? Is there someone that you care deeply about?”

Skill 1: “Persuasive Convictions” / & / Flip one Bond / If an enemy is destroyed by this unit’s attack and you pay the cost, then you may select any (Falchion Affinity) card except “Caeda” from your deck and place it in your hand. You must show it to your opponent and shuffle your deck afterwards.

Skill 2: “Angelic Flight” / α / Once per Turn / Move this unit to another spot on your Battlefield. This skill can only be used if this unit has not yet taken an action this turn.

Promoted

Falcon Knight

Title: The Pure-Hearted Pegasus Knight

Name: Caeda

Unpromoted

Fighter

Unpromoted

Dark Mage

Unpromoted
Lord

Promoted
Assassin

Promoted
Falcon Knight

Unpromoted
Lord

Unpromoted
Mage

Unpromoted
Troubadour

Unpromoted
Lord

Non-promotable
Manakete

Promoted
Swordmaster

Promoted
Great Lord

Tentative

Promoted

Lodestar

Promoted
Falcon Knight

Promoted
Falcon Knight

Edited by aubergine

Niiice, thank you! Pretty impressed you managed to the translate those: it must not have been easy with the bad image quality!

That Caeda is amazing! Select the weakest target to attack, wham! +1 card of your choice! I assume that's probably going one of the ultra rare cards

Abel's pretty darn good for 3: He has his own mini triangle attack (which is easier to do) and I can see his passive ability being really useful against rear-row based decks.

Wrys...... well.... I guess he really was replaced by a vulnerary.

I'm wondering something (which we'll probably only know with the official rules): Can a player start with this Athena as their Lord? I mean, she's unpromoted so in theory you could, but... She's 2 cost with a restriction added on top of it.

The Vanguard wiki stole all of our work without crediting it... link

EDIT: They did give credit it turns out, but I feel that it should be done at the top rather than somewhere at the middle...

I guess it's somewhat a nice way to spread the TCG around I guess?

Edited by DifferentFight

Yeah, that was me who made that blog post. I put the credits at the bottom, but then I started adding translations for cards since I know people are lazy and all that and overlooked the fact that now the links were in the middle and were easily overlooked. I have since fixed it and put the links at the very beginning.

I figured that since I knew there were FE fans there and this game is similar to that one, that it was a good place to put that info. I know I got one friend very interested in the game and we talk about it frequently now. It also seems I got people who like good art interested by posting the preview art of the if cards in which the royal family fights their counterparts lol.

Yeah, that was me who made that blog post. I put the credits at the bottom, but then I started adding translations for cards since I know people are lazy and all that and overlooked the fact that now the links were in the middle and were easily overlooked. I have since fixed it and put the links at the very beginning.

I figured that since I knew there were FE fans there and this game is similar to that one, that it was a good place to put that info. I know I got one friend very interested in the game and we talk about it frequently now. It also seems I got people who like good art interested by posting the preview art of the if cards in which the royal family fights their counterparts lol.

First, thanks, and second, make sure to thank the guys on SF who actually did the hard work. I happen to be fond of the Vanguard wiki. . .

First, thanks, and second, make sure to thank the guys on SF who actually did the hard work. I happen to be fond of the Vanguard wiki. . .

You know, it never occurred to me that linking the source was never really a thank you. Ugh, I need to stop overlooking things...

Seriously, thanks guys! I'm super embarrassed...>.<

EDIT: I put a thank you in bold just below the linked credits, which, as I will reiterate, are at the very top of the page now. It goes: title, links to sources, a thank you, rules/gameplay, card art samples, then card translations.

Once again, thanks! And I do apologize for any trouble and/or misunderstandings I have caused.

Edited by FutureKnightX

I was hoping that the Marth card that would get sleeves was the SR one. I guess there's still hope, though. Kinda surprising that Tharja got sleeves and not Tiki or Caeda, though. I would love me some Tiki sleeves.

That's nice.

I assume they're to protect the cards when you play with them? You can tell I haven't played a TCG in ages.

Will be useful for the holographic cards, I'm sure.

You do use them for the holo cards, sure, but you put your whole deck in them. After all, you are gonna need all your cards to have the same back, lest you get accused of marking your cards (and thus, cheating). You're also gonna want a playmat (a hard surface will warp your sleeves after a while) and a deck box (to put all the cards in your deck in a container that can take a reasonable beating from normal wear and tear). For this game, since everything is done by cards, you'll only need a die when it comes to game supplies (for determining who goes first in a quick and easy manner while also marking who is your Lord). By comparison, Yugioh needs a method to keep track of life (typically a calculator, and there are ones out there meant for this exact purpose), tokens, counters (maybe even different kinds, since there can be multiple kinds), along with a coin and die for card effects.

And with all that, you can tell I've been playing TCGs for years lol. Just figured people who haven't really played TCGs who want to play this one would like this kind of info, is all.

Do we know what size these sleeves will be (or rather, the size of the cipher cards which I'm sure they will be sized for)?

I may not get the cards themselves due to not having anyone to play with, but I'd love to be able to use those sleeves for my Magic decks.

Just as a general rule, it would be good form to contact the parties responsible for doing translation work before posting it somewhere else. I just want to go on the record that this sort of thing makes me extremely worried to post anything I do, as most people don't actually treat translation work with the same respect you would give any other work of creativity. I don't mean this to come down as a "don't steal work" kind of thing, but rather more of "I want to know where my work ends up being posted" since that's something I feel anybody who has worked on this translation process, and any other artistic endeavour deserves.

Anyway, I do appreciate the enthusiasm. I can understand wanting to spread the word, so thanks for that! I don't mind you using it as you have, post facto, but I would hope you would at least ask in the future.

Edited by aubergine

Just as a general rule, it would be good form to contact the parties responsible for doing translation work before posting it somewhere else. I just want to go on the record that this sort of thing makes me extremely worried to post anything I do, as most people don't actually treat translation work with the same respect you would give any other work of creativity. I don't mean this to come down as a "don't steal work" kind of thing, but rather more of "I want to know where my work ends up being posted" since that's something I feel anybody who has worked on this translation process, and any other artistic endeavour deserves.

Anyway, I do appreciate the enthusiasm. I can understand wanting to spread the word, so thanks for that! I don't mind you using it as you have, post facto, but I would hope you would at least ask in the future.

Yeah...I am beating myself up over this. Kinda the first time I've done something like this, so I was unaware of the etiquette. I knew at the bare minimum links would be appreciated, but that was rather it. I really do apologize. I can make up for it by helping to spread the word more and using my wiki edit skills (I am rather experienced and have taught others how to edit) when it comes time for that. You know, if that counts for anything lol.

As an FYI, I hope you don't mind I altered the translations a bit to limit confusion among the people there. I used CFV terms as opposed to MtG and used the Nintendo localization names over the fan ones (though, it's really just "Navarre" over "Nabarl"). The audience is people who play that game, but not necessarily MtG and may not be all that knowledgable of FE. I bet at least half the readers of my blog have only ever casually played Awakening.

So yeah, sorry and all that. Was a little over enthusiastic and all that lol.

EDIT: In the interest of giving to a place that I have received so much from, here is the page to contact the admin you would contact when needing a favor from the CFV wiki (as I have heard talks about borrowing the template there):

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Sol_Kage

And here is how to contact the admin who made the template:

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Message_Wall:NeonRiser2134

I do honestly hope this info helps and I am willing to ask them myself, as I have talked to them (albeit briefly) before.

Edited by FutureKnightX

For those asking questions about the sleeves, the size given on AmiAmi is 67x92, which is the same size as the standard KMC sleeves, so they should also work just fine for MtG or Pokémon, or any other cards or card games that use that same size of card.

Speaking of which, ordered a set of the Chrom ones, since it's my favourite of the 4. >_>

Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but the product description for the Booster Box was updated on amiami.

It now has 'Advanced promotion card of TCG Fire Emblem 0 vol.2' as well, as a bonus along with the Minerva DLC code.

EDIT:

I'm waiting for a f!Kamui sleeve, if it ever happens.

Edited by sofutoppai

Those are some pretty nice sleeves!

Most of my decks have those transparent super cheap sleeves (they do the job just fine) and I own only two sets of "good" sleeves, mostly because I never found any I liked the back design of. These are definitively more along my taste, except for the 25th anniversary one. I might just add some to my order; at worst the sleeves pack is big enough for MTG decks (60 cards). Although I'll probably wait a little while to do so: my first pick for sleeves art would be the super epic Great Lord Lucina art or the basic Cherche art and I suppose there's a tiny chance that we're going to have more available before release.

We'll very likely get some FEif-based sleeves before Series 2 comes out, and probably more designs with each additional expansion, but I'm not sure if we'd get more Awakening sleeves once they start promoting the newer sets. I am indeed kind of surprised that we didn't get a Lucina art version, but Chrom/Marth makes sense for the two decks, plus the 25th anniversary one... and then Tharja because Japan loves Tharja.

For those asking questions about the sleeves, the size given on AmiAmi is 67x92, which is the same size as the standard KMC sleeves, so they should also work just fine for MtG or Pokémon, or any other cards or card games that use that same size of card.

Speaking of which, ordered a set of the Chrom ones, since it's my favourite of the 4. >_>

65 sleeves/pack. Interesting. Wonder if this means there'll be a side deck?

(since the main deck is 50 cards, and 15 is a pretty standard side board number)

If I ever get these, my Force of Will deck's going to be sleeved in them. :P: