Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Does that mean you can't promote Lucina into Lucina because she's permanently a Marth? I'd say you can since the printed name is still Lucina, I guess.

It acts as a Marth and Lucina at the same time -- you can promote Masked Lucina to Marth or another Lucina. Once it is no longer masked Lucina, it loses the function to act as Marth, meaning you can have SR Lucina and SR Marth out at the same time.

In other news, card prices are dropping rapidly (most Rare cards are 39, 50, 100, 200 yen) except for a few cards (SR Chiki, Caeda, Cordelia).

Also, after 5 tournaments..

mKNmzay.jpg

:Roy:

My Marth/Lucina spam deck is holding up pretty well, winning more than half of the time now and always ending up very close (no orbs on both sides.) Thinking to revise it a bit though but I'm not sure with what..

Edited by audiotronica

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just added this to the rules on the wiki:

*When a player has no units on the vanguard, all of their rearguard will do a "forced march" and move to the vanguard. This is mandatory.

**As usual when moving, the units tap if they are not already tapped.

**You may move all of your vanguard units to the rearguard to force all of your rearguard units to the front.

Now, I have another question I only just realized. Does a forced march interrupt the action like a deck refresh does? For example, you are a attacking a rearguard with Virion and check cost 1 female Robin for support and decide to move the opponent's sole vanguard unit to the rear, what happens? Do they all march right then, or does it happen after the attack?

Sorry, there was an error in my original post. During a March, units which are not tapped will not be tapped.

In answer to your question, I just double checked the portion on Marching in the rules. There is a difference for Marching depending on who is attacking.

If there is no units in the Vanguard area:

If you are the attacking player: March will only occur right after the start of your opponent's turn

If you are the defending player: March will occur immediately.

So if your Virion is attacking and trigger a Morgan (F) and you move the enemy's only vanguard unit back, then a March should occur right there and then. If the Morgan is the last card you triggered, then refresh your deck (without Morgan(F) since she is in the Support Area), then continue the battle.

If Virion fires an arrow and the target moves closer to him while it's flying, all they did was walk into an arrow :P:

More seriously...

In other games when the field changes you have to restart the battle by choosing a valid target so the attack would be canceled. But because this occurs after supports are called I /really/ want to lean towards that the unit you're currently engaged with cannot be moved.

This is actually specific to Yu-Gi-Oh! In the Pokémon TCG if a Pokémon would be moved out of the active area during battle, it's always specified by effects whether the original Pokémon or the new one is dealt damage, and in Cardfight!! Vanguard if the target moves the battle ends because they are no longer the attacking and defending units, but the unit that attacked is still at rest so you can't start a new battle with it.

One thing that could render this issue moot is if support skills are resolved after total attack power is calculated. I seem to have misplaced my copy of the rulebook while I was teaching the game to a group, so I can't actually check this right now. It's kinda dumb that it's not already available as a PDF.

I should still have one of the rule books laying around. I can scan it tomorrow so we have a PDF version.

I ended up ordering two copies of that rule book that's coming out at the end of the month. I could tear one apart for scanning too if we don't have someone that's planning to do it already.

Edited by Fallsmyer

If Virion fires an arrow and the target moves closer to him while it's flying, all they did was walk into an arrow :P:

More seriously...

This is actually specific to Yu-Gi-Oh! In the Pokémon TCG if a Pokémon would be moved out of the active area during battle, it's always specified by effects whether the original Pokémon or the new one is dealt damage, and in Cardfight!! Vanguard if the target moves the battle ends because they are no longer the attacking and defending units, but the unit that attacked is still at rest so you can't start a new battle with it.

One thing that could render this issue moot is if support skills are resolved after total attack power is calculated. I seem to have misplaced my copy of the rulebook while I was teaching the game to a group, so I can't actually check this right now. It's kinda dumb that it's not already available as a PDF.

In the online ruling page, it's stated that the support skill and the supporting attack power activates the moment you flip, then Crit, then Evade, then Outcome phase. So that should mean the units will be removed from the field altogether (due to battle) after everything possible has been done.

Sorry, there was an error in my original post. During a March, units which are not tapped will not be tapped.

In answer to your question, I just double checked the portion on Marching in the rules. There is a difference for Marching depending on who is attacking.

If there is no units in the Vanguard area:

If you are the attacking player: March will only occur right after the start of your opponent's turn

If you are the defending player: March will occur immediately.

So if your Virion is attacking and trigger a Morgan (F) and you move the enemy's only vanguard unit back, then a March should occur right there and then. If the Morgan is the last card you triggered, then refresh your deck (without Morgan(F) since she is in the Support Area), then continue the battle.

*When a player has no units on the vanguard, all of their rearguard will do a "forced march" and move to the vanguard. This is mandatory.

**Unlike with moving usually, the units do NOT tap if they are not already tapped.

**You may move all of your vanguard units to the rearguard to force all of your rearguard to the front.

**If there are no vanguard units during the attack phase, this is the timing for when the forced march occurs:

***If you are the attacking player: March will only occur right after the start of your opponent's turn

***If you are the defending player: March will occur immediately. Any current attacks on a character that has just moved will now fail.

That is how the note looks now. Also, I think you mean Robin (F), since there is a notable lack of Morgan (F), though she would have that skill most likely, if she were a card.

It acts as a Marth and Lucina at the same time -- you can promote Masked Lucina to Marth or another Lucina. Once it is no longer masked Lucina, it loses the function to act as Marth, meaning you can have SR Lucina and SR Marth out at the same time.

In other news, card prices are dropping rapidly (most Rare cards are 39, 50, 100, 200 yen) except for a few cards (SR Chiki, Caeda, Cordelia).

Also, after 5 tournaments..

mKNmzay.jpg

:Roy:

My Marth/Lucina spam deck is holding up pretty well, winning more than half of the time now and always ending up very close (no orbs on both sides.) Thinking to revise it a bit though but I'm not sure with what..

Can you scan those cards? All of the promo images we have are the sample ones from the main site. Please do so for any other promos you have, as well, please. If you can't scan them, then if you have a really good camera, that could work.

I just grabbed one card that a particular artist did.

Yusuke Kozaki (lodestar Marth) - artist for Awakening/Fates

Douji Shiki (cost 3 Caeda) - Elincia's DLC art in Awakening

Daisuke Izuka (promo cost 1 Marth) - seems like he did FE12's art, too

Sachiko Wada (promo cost 3 Marth) - Sacred Stones, Leif's DLC art in Awakening

HACCAN (Bord) - Alm's DLC art in Awakening

Senri Kita (cost 4 Navarre) - the Tellius series, Marth's DLC art in Awakening

. . .may have missed a few, too.

That's most of them but there's also,

Toi8 (promotional Lucina) - character designer of SMTxFE

Rika Suzuki (Camus) - BS Fire Emblem artist and Seliph DLC art

Homare (Sorcerer Tharja) - Palla DLC art

Masatsugu Saito (Olivia) - Celica DLC art

I think that's everyone, but there could be a couple more kicking around.

Almost. I think the most wanted/highest priced sig is Lucina right now.

Right. In terms of value SR+ Lucina > Marth > Caeda > Navarl > R+ Robin F > Lissa. Still, SR+ Lucina has dropped from like 20000 to 5000 yen. SR+ Lucina, Marth, or Caeda is Jackpot status.

Can you scan those cards? All of the promo images we have are the sample ones from the main site. Please do so for any other promos you have, as well, please. If you can't scan them, then if you have a really good camera, that could work.

Don't have a scanner, I should get one though. I'll take pictures with my iPhone soon. As far as I know I have every promotional card available ATM.

A full version of the B01-092N Owain picture is up from the original illustrator

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51320675

Um...could you be on the lookout for other ones too? I kinda plan on getting a custom life counter with the full art of male Morgan, if that ever comes lol.

Um...could you be on the lookout for other ones too? I kinda plan on getting a custom life counter with the full art of male Morgan, if that ever comes lol.

I could but it all depends on if the artist feels like posting it.

I mean senri kita randomly posted her full illustration drawing of Chrom randomly out of nowhere.

I mean senri kita randomly posted her full illustration drawing of Chrom randomly out of nowhere.

Huh. . .do you happen to know which artists posted full arts of what cards, and where?

Huh. . .do you happen to know which artists posted full arts of what cards, and where?

B01-080SR Tharja @homare0601 (not posting link since NSFW artist)
Are the ones I know. I can't find the source for the following though:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81RxTf0Bx-L._SL1265_.jpg(The Tharja sleeve is posted everywhere on retailers like amazon).
The Marth and Chrom Sleeve or card illustration is similar to the tharja sleeve where all the retailers like amazon are posting the illustrations.
Edited by kingddd

Yeah, I know. It's how Cardfight Vanguard and Buddyfight have their full arts released, too, sadly. Really wish it worked like Magic: the Gathering, where they release all the full arts when the set releases. But then again, Magic employs their own artists, while CFV, BF, and Cipher hire freelancers (many of them recurring, with Nintendo employing a few of their own, too, for Cipher), so they can't just go "let's release them all!", seeing as a number of the artists might have a problem with that.

I already checked up on Male Morgan's artist a while back and she also does Force of Will, apparently (assuming she due to the name being Yoko, and also the fact that all her art, male and female, is done pretty), and a few of the full art from that is available, so I have some hope for full art of male Morgan.

Can artists just not post this stuff randomly? q.q

EDIT: I just wanna add this: such a BIG shocker that SR Tharja's artist does NSFW stuff... >.>

FYI, for the first Bermuda pack for CFV, Bushiroad did the same thing and employed those kinds of artists, as well.

Edited by FutureKnightX

EDIT: I just wanna add this: such a BIG shocker that SR Tharja's artist does NSFW stuff... >.>

Well the Fire Emblem 11 main illustrator does a lot of creepy NSFW stuff so it's not like every artist IS hires is clean.

Not to mention homare0601 has done the illustration for the DLC Palla art in Awakening.

Edited by kingddd

Is there any information on toi8's Lucina Skills? It's not in the Lucina's page of the wiki and I'm too lazy to go through 30+ pages of post to search for it.

It's a copy of the other grade 1 Lucina. Swordsman Known as Marth, Lucina

Quick note: If there's a promo card that's the same cost as an existing card in the booster/trial deck set. It's going to be the same exact card with different art.

Edited by Fallsmyer

Well the Fire Emblem 11 main illustrator does a lot of creepy NSFW stuff so it's not like every artist IS hires is clean.

Not to mention homare0601 has done the illustration for the DLC Palla art in Awakening.

Oh, not knocking an artist for doing that. Just marveling at the fact that they decided to go with that person, because why wouldn't they? XD

Sometimes, things make so much sense it's hilarious lol.

It's a copy of the other grade 1 Lucina. Swordsman Known as Marth, Lucina

Quick note: If there's a promo card that's the same cost as an existing card in the booster/trial deck set. It's going to be the same exact card with different art.

Yeah, every unique card is up on the wiki, no exception. Alt arts are the only cards not up, as we still aren't sure what to do with them.