Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that is cool and all, but I still kinda want to see cards. I get that it's September, but I already know of cards and their in other TCGs that are getting released in September...in Japan. It's just that compared to that, my patience is wearing thin. I just hope IS knows what they're doing.

There was a large number of cards we didn't know about until release.

I expect a very limited amount of press before set releases, and that's fine.

Edit: Just wondering, are the names for the two Minerva cards correct? Other sources translated them in reverse, and the level 4 card does seem to have a smaller title than the level 1.

Edit 2: Are Corrin and Corrin really translated Crownprince and Crownprincess? I don't know much about Fates, but if they really ARE heirs to the thrones, Nintendo lied to me about Ryouma and Xander.

Edited by Tuvillo

There was a large number of cards we didn't know about until release.

I expect a very limited amount of press before set releases, and that's fine.

Edit: Just wondering, are the names for the two Minerva cards correct? Other sources translated them in reverse, and the level 4 card does seem to have a smaller title than the level 1.

Edit 2: Are Corrin and Corrin really translated Crownprince and Crownprincess? I don't know much about Fates, but if they really ARE heirs to the thrones, Nintendo lied to me about Ryouma and Xander.

I'm going off of the way they are translated in my google doc compendium, it is correct. Cost 4/3 Minerva is "Princess Minerva" and Cost 1 Minerva is "Princess of Macedon".

The Corrin promos have the exact same titles as Marth and Chrom, and I haven't played through FE:if yet to know if the "Crown-Prince/ss" part fits according to the story.

Both Corrins' entire names are localizations. As far as Corrin (F) is concerned, she's not a crown-princess, she's not from Nohr, and her name isn't Corrin. Her literal name is "Princess of Anya Kingdom, Kamui (Female)." But Anya was changed to Nohr in official materials, Kamui became Corrin, and near as I can tell the reason Crown-princess/Crownprincess caught on in fantranslations of Cipher is to avoid conflating the terminology for 王女 with プリンセス. We already have "Princess, Minerva" who uses プリンセス while her cost 1 print "Princess of Macedon, Minerva" uses 王女. This becomes an issue if we ever hit the (completely possible) stumbling block of there being a 白夜王国のプリンセス and all of a sudden there's two cards called "Princess of Nohr, Kamui (Female)" in English with completely different effects and different Japanese names. Crown-princess as a translation prevents that, but it becomes a stumbling block when not all cards that use 王女 are actually crown-princesses in canon.

I liked that explanation.

Reminds me of Yugioh where we sometimes translate things really awkwardly because the Japanese word was used a million years ago and the fact that they both share that word matters now.

Ok so not a lot of activity concerning Cipher lately, no real updates besides some of the images of the packs for September and whatnot. It's been pretty quiet in Japan as well, I'm afraid it's losing a bit of steam. Nint was really pushing before release and now the twitter updates are mostly of cards we have seen months ago now.

Anyway some ORIGINAL CONTENT (sort of) for you all, (iPhone quality) photos of the Tourney Promo cards, and the new Marth V Jump Promo that came out today.

Marth V Jump

QE4TSVW.jpg

Tiki

ZTAuleR.jpg

Wrys

ihQKRCq.jpg

Minerva

RnQ7oXN.jpg

Jaegan

J9RUOB3.jpg

Cordelia

XN5RKVr.jpg

Tharja

LSu3f6g.jpg

Aaand a special bonus pic of "Marth Madness" in my deck.

T3SKxXu.jpg

What other cards need images? Is anyone playing online?

We have a Skype chat where people play both on Lackey and occasionally webcam.

Edit: Do you mean "Losing steam" as only from production's side or also player enthusiasm?

Edited by Tuvillo

You know, this made me realize something. Should we add full arts to the wiki? Would be kind of nice to collect them all in one place. Was thinking that if we did that, we would add them to the character pages and also make a full art gallery with all the images in one place. Would it be too obstructive?

You know, this made me realize something. Should we add full arts to the wiki? Would be kind of nice to collect them all in one place. Was thinking that if we did that, we would add them to the character pages and also make a full art gallery with all the images in one place. Would it be too obstructive?

The actual image or a link to original artist's posts? I'd like to have a compilation of all the clean art we can just because that's part of the reason I like card games.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread and all of you seem so nice and helpful!

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.

I've been looking all over the web for a website that sells singles but all I can find are the overinflated prices on ebay.

Ebay also has very limited options for cards. I can't find holo starter Marths and I don't want to buy 3 more starters for them.

Do any of you have links to any Japanese sites that ship internationally and sell Cipher singles.

Thanks!!!!

Do any of you have links to any Japanese sites that ship internationally and sell Cipher singles.

So far there are no online distributors for FE0. You can find singles through Yahoo Japan Auctions and Amazon JP right now, but you will have to use a courier service or someone that's in Japan that can order everything for you.

Hi there!

I'm new to this site (have been lurking for a while though xD). I have a question about a rule, is it posible to attack an opponent's target twice in the same turn?

Let's say I have cost 1 Marth and cost 1 Abel on the Vanguard and the opponent only has a cost 1 Chrom on the Vanguard (no rearguard units). Can I attack Chrom twice, once with Marth and once with Abel? What about if his/her unit is not his MC, can I attack twice in case that the first attack is evaded?

Thanks in advance ^^

Yes, you can attack with each of your cards once (for the most part). Abel and Marth would both attack Chrom and if all goes well, they will take two damage. If the target wasn't the MC, you can attack it with Marth, then if evaded, you can attack with your other card.

Do we have Promo Cards 012 and 014? I`m compiling a list of Promo cards to go up on the wiki, and the only cards I could not find were 012 and 014. If someone can tell me their titles and if they are an alternate art or not for the list, that would be great.

Speaking of promos, I can't seem to get those to upload onto the wiki. I managed to get the improved starter deck card images up no problem (no longer have "SAMPLE" plastered on them), but none of the promos. It's odd, but the image format is the same for all of them (PNG, since we should use high quality images for the purpose of archiving and all that). Maybe the promo images are too large...? If anyone can help me figure this out, that would be great. For now, I'm tired and will sleep on it. I'll get back to it later. Gotta get "SAMPLE" off the rest of those cards, along with putting up the alt arts...

And I figured those promos weren't known, since they aren't in my collection and I am fairly sure I have every card in there. Kinda weird, what they're doing. 13 is already out before 12 is even known and 15 will soon be coming and doing the same to 14, as well. Oh, and all I have are sample images of the first five promos (Male Corrin, Female Corrin, alt art Lucina, alt art Marth, and demo promo Chrom), so if anyone knows of high quality images of those without "SAMPLE" on them, that would be great. Creating them would be fine, too (scanner preferred, but an excellent camera not held by Michael J. Fox will do just fine).

http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:FutureKnightX/Fire_Emblem_Cipher_Series_1

The people there made me realize that this was necessary. I do hope that linking the stuff over giving the info myself is better, especially now that there is stuff to actually link lol. I also hope this generates more interest in the game. I put up the full arts to entice people to look at the blog and get excited. I still plan on uploading those properly on the wiki soon. I put in links to the wiki, the rules, this subforum, and the Lycian League, for those who want to know.

Absolutely not. This is both unethical and illegal. Currently all it would take to the send the CFV wiki crashing down in flames is a single notice to Wikia's copyright office from any of the artists they've stolen from. Uploading artworks downloaded from Pixiv breaks the limited license Pixiv grants you to reproduce the work on your machine; unless you have the artist's direct consent to do so, adding those artworks to the wiki is an act of plagiarism, which would put Serenes' service provider in trouble the moment anyone takes notice. Sites that host these illegally uploaded artworks are time bombs waiting to blow. The only reason infringers like the CFV wikia stay operational is because the predominant attitude of Japanese artists right now is to delete their Pixiv entirely and give up on web exposure, than to try to address legal representatives in a language they don't understand. And this is ultimately a really shitty place to force them into, because Pixiv is where artists get scouted by corporations to do work--without that web portfolio, getting a job becomes much more difficult. Eventually someone's going to get angry rather than afraid, and the moment that person tries to stand up for their copyright, there's going to be a net panic as every website that's stolen art from Pixiv in the last eight years shuts down or tries to clear out its supply of stolen work before that happens.

Those artworks were uploaded to Pixiv because the artists intended them to be viewed on Pixiv. If you want to reproduce the artworks on the wiki, you're going to have to e-mail them outlining exactly how you want to reuse the art and asking for permission to reuse it. The artist has total creative control here; if they make demands, you have to comply in order to use the artwork. And if they refuse, there's no arguing with them.

ふみ's page even specifically states in English "No reproduction or republication without written permission:" http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2567140

Alrighty then, that is that, I suppose. I thought it was allowed as long as I gave credit to the artist (and I was going to do so by linking to their other stuff), but I guess I will not, if I need to ask them first. I really thought it was okay, as this is how the CFV wiki does it and I very much doubt they ask every artist. While I do think most, if not all, would approve of their use like this, it is ethically wrong to assume such a thing. If anyone is willing to go through the trouble of asking, go ahead. If any say yes, I'll upload them in whatever way they desire it to be uploaded. I will assume it is also the case for the Twitter accounts, too (since not all of these are off of Pixiv).

I will still do the sleeves, though. I'm pretty sure those are okay to put up and it is somewhat relevant to this game.