Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Awww, thanks! But too bad I live too far from all of yours, so it would be more hard to make a trade or similar... Also, I will receive my cards until half next month :S

Btw, I saw in twitter these pictures of some cards without the "SAMPLE" mark and the cards text:

CPQvCkIUYAAg-8h.pngCPQvCl_UYAAON2S.png

CPQ3cBeUsAEkvwf.jpgCPQ3cM4UkAA1IEL.jpg

PS: A little request for the ones who already have the cards... ¿Can someone please scan the cards of Leon, Takumi and Oboro? I just want the pictures while I'm waiting for my box :sob:

Uh, any links tot he twitters that posted these?

They tend to be posted by the artists, and crediting them it's kind of important.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I used the links from the artist original post:

The ones of Charlotte: okome_di

Joker & Marx: kuma_yan

It's fine, just put it before the spoiler with the images and it should be alright enough. Although I would prefer not to share them randomly to avoid potential issues.

Alright, I put up the last remaining images. To reiterate, as it is important, if anyone finds calear non-sample images, please replace the ones on thw wiki or give me a link. And I took a look at the document and it all looks nice! Thanks for the help! I'm kinda too tired to do any more work but I gave it to a friend of mine who has an account on the wiki, so he's on it. I noticed some cards aren't translated. Figure you already know, but just want that said. Will probably be done by the time I would need to put them on the wiki, anyhow.

Also, Jakob's ass. Just...dat ass.

I still don't get the promo Ike ability, anyone have a good explanation for what kind of mechanic it is?

http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Category:LvSCard

Does that help? If not, I'd like for that page to explain it well. Basically, if he has a card under him, he gets +10 power. You can achieve this by putting another copy of him on top of him.

Yeah you can place any unit on any other card with the same name. (So level 1 Marth on level 2, 3 4, 5 or even on level 1 Marth)

What cards aren't translated btw? I'm pretty sure the document covers every known card.

Edit: In the file, the final CorrinF promo is incorrect, i hadn't noticed at the time that it's the white one. I THINK it's

"Sword of Yatogami" / CONT / During your turn, while you control at least one White and one Black Bond, this unit gains 10 attack. /// "Hero Emblem" / ATK SUPP / If your attacking unit is White, it destroys two Orbs instead of one this battle."

Edited by Tuvillo

Yeah you can place any unit on any other card with the same name. (So level 1 Marth on level 2, 3 4, 5 or even on level 1 Marth)

What cards aren't translated btw? I'm pretty sure the document covers every known card.

Edit: In the file, the final CorrinF promo is incorrect, i hadn't noticed at the time that it's the white one. I THINK it's

"Sword of Yatogami" / CONT / During your turn, while you control at least one White and one Black Bond, this unit gains 10 attack. /// "Hero Emblem" / ATK SUPP / If your attacking unit is White, it destroys two Orbs instead of one this battle."

Oh, sorry. I downloaded the document as an excel spreadsheet (easier for me that way) and some of the boxes didn't take. After looking over the document in Dropbox, I do see that all known cards (at least known to me) are indeed translated. Thank you.

I have a question that is bugging me. The skills of the cards that are under a card of higher level are still in effect? For example, the skills of a cost 4 Marth under my cost 5 Marth are still active?

I don't think so. Would be weird. I'm pretty sure by then, it is a different card entirely and effects shouldn't carry over.

Including Levelup Skill in set 3, there's no reason to ever read a card under current units. (Though you count them)

There's nothing that triggers by being stacked yet, and even if there was, it's more consistent to put that effect on the higher level card.

There's something that has been unnerving me. Ike's skill. As it stands, it's the worst Lord skill of them all. I love Ike, I really do (fave lord, actually), but I had to say it. By the time his skill would be worth activating, he should be promoted, similar to Chrom's deal. At that stage, I'd much rather score some quick damage by attack their MC a bunch of times with multiple units, you know?

However, I suspect they will solve this conundrum when his set releases. They'll likely make some mechanic that puts cards under cards outside of how it is done nowadays. Like a unit giving another unit an ability like "when this units destroys a unit in battle, put the top card of your deck in this unit's stack", similar to leveling up. There could be other ways than what I just mentioned. The sister TCGs to CFV (the game Cipher is practically ripping off of) deal with card stacks under units and other cards.

Any thoughts on what I'm talking about?

Playing a second Ike is the best turn 1 play I can currently think of, though. Also i don't think we'll get stacking effects except for placing stuff on top, since placing stuff under a character is odd flavor-wise.

I've got a problem with Takumi S03-004ST in the document.

The translation says "Clever Sniper” / ACT / [Flip 1 Bond] This turn, this unit has range 2-3."

But in the Japanese text, I dont' see any "2-3". What do you think about this?

I've got a problem with Takumi S03-004ST in the document.

The translation says "Clever Sniper” / ACT / [Flip 1 Bond] This turn, this unit has range 2-3."

But in the Japanese text, I dont' see any "2-3". What do you think about this?

The Japanese text is 'Can attack any enemy in the rearguard regardless of (Takumi's) location', so it isn't really 2-3 per se, but it's more or less yields the same result I believe.

I translated it that way because it's easier to understand, Unanimous explained it well.

There's a few cards where my translation is accurate with the possibility of being wrong some time in the future, but for now, Takumi3 is correct. xD

I THINK they don't want "3 Range" to be a thing, even though the basic rules of the game allow it to be.

I had a question regarding Sol (Inigo / Soleil) on a MC. If, say, Inigo was destroyed by battle while having the +20 boost as the MC, does he retain that +20 for the rest of the turn? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering about exactly how the MC card mechanic works.

The rules say that when the MC is destroyed, the player takes a Life Orb card instead. But is the MC card "dead" during that time, and instead of going to the Retreat Zone, you take a Life Orb instead? To better illustrate my question, let's use Weiss Schwarz mechanics.

When a unit is destroyed, it is "Reversed" (rotated upside down). Once the Battle Phase has ended, the player enters the Encore Phase, where they can spend Stock to prevent that unit from leaving the stage. The card, for all intents and purposes, counts as being destroyed from the moment it lost its battle till the Encore Phase. Is this interaction how FE0 behaves (just all within the span of an instant), where instead of spending Stock to un-"reverse" the MC, you instead must take a Life Orb?

Before I would have said that Inigo would keep his +20, but with the existence of Nyx, it throws my understanding off. Since Nyx is worded in a way that implies it could be the MC, in order for the effect to go off, Nyx has to be in a technically destroyed state. For the sake of discussion, let's say the destroyed state is where the effect triggers. Using other TCG timing mechanics (YGO chains, MTG stack), there's a whole "time" where the card isn't on the field. Once the effect resolves and FE0's universal ruleset kicks in, the card returns into existence as your MC.

In any other card game, that card would be considered "fresh", meaning any equipment, enchantments, buffs, etc would be wiped.

Sorry for the rather rambly question, but basically, do Sol users (as the MC) keep their Sol bonus after losing a battle?

I'm a Sol user and I effectively keep my boost during all the opponent's turn. Indeed, the translation says: "After this unit destroys an enemy as a result of battle, until the end of your opponent’s next turn this unit’s attack is increased by 20." And not "Until this unit is destroy by a result of battle during the opponent's next turn".

That's why Inigo's Harem is a so difficult match-up during tournaments.

I'm a Sol user and I effectively keep my boost during all the opponent's turn. Indeed, the translation says: "After this unit destroys an enemy as a result of battle, until the end of your opponent’s next turn this unit’s attack is increased by 20." And not "Until this unit is destroy by a result of battle during the opponent's next turn".

That's why Inigo's Harem is a so difficult match-up during tournaments.

But that's the thing though. If the original Inigo that received the buff is destroyed, it technically loses the power that would last until the end of the opponent's turn. Since, when Inigo is destroyed by battle, is it technically the exact same instance of Inigo? Or is it a new one that fulfills the same role of MC? That's the question I'm asking.

Like, let's try and really define mechanics here using Nyx. Her effect states that when she is attacked and destroyed, the opponent discards a card. This means that for her effect to activate, 2 conditions must be met. One, that she was attacked (and not killed via Gaius effect) and destroyed. For her to be destroyed, she technically cannot exist on the field (because that's the definition of destroyed) yet not necessarily in the Retreat Zone. Since she technically does not exist on the field, any effects on her should no longer be intact.

Now, throw in the MC mechanic that, if the MC is destroyed, instead of being placed in the Retreat Zone, the player takes a Life Orb instead. This means that the step where the unit is considered destroyed is not ignored/skipped (hence why you can proc Sol or Lissa's effect by attacking the MC). Since Nyx is destroyed (and thus does not exist for an instance), her effect can proc. Now, let's bring this back to Inigo.

If Inigo is destroyed, he is temporarily nonexistent. Meaning, his Sol buff, should not (in theory) remain, since buff effects shouldn't linger. If this is the case, then Inigo should not be as strong as a MC that he currently is/

Also, are these tourneys fan run, or are official Cipher people judging? If there aren't official judges, its possible misplays/misrulings happen.

Edited by xNinjaOfChaosx