Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Please forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask this, but I found no other reasonable place to do so.

I recently got my first two booster boxes (yay!) and they are S12. I noticed that I almost completed the set (one of each) missing only 4 SR cards (Ike, Berserk Ike, Lissa and Ishtar) with only buying 2 boxes. Is it somewhat expected or did I have luck? Because if this is common, I might change my mind on buying boxes.

Thanks.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, MrBawa said:

Please forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask this, but I found no other reasonable place to do so.

I recently got my first two booster boxes (yay!) and they are S12. I noticed that I almost completed the set (one of each) missing only 4 SR cards (Ike, Berserk Ike, Lissa and Ishtar) with only buying 2 boxes. Is it somewhat expected or did I have luck? Because if this is common, I might change my mind on buying boxes.

Thanks.

You should receive 2-3 copies of each N, 1-2 copies of each HN, 11 unique R, and 4 unique SR in a box. In addition, you will get either 1 R+ or 1 SR+. So the guarantee of getting all R between two boxes isn't there, and I don't want to run the stats on how likely it is to get all the R's from a set in two boxes, but I will say only missing 4 SR cards after 2 boxes should have odds slightly better than 14%. By the way, the odds of getting all 12 SRs in 3 boxes is about 0.03%. My calculations did not include the possibility of SR+ just because it made them easier.

On 18/04/2018 at 2:45 AM, yamao said:

You should receive 2-3 copies of each N, 1-2 copies of each HN, 11 unique R, and 4 unique SR in a box. In addition, you will get either 1 R+ or 1 SR+. So the guarantee of getting all R between two boxes isn't there, and I don't want to run the stats on how likely it is to get all the R's from a set in two boxes, but I will say only missing 4 SR cards after 2 boxes should have odds slightly better than 14%. By the way, the odds of getting all 12 SRs in 3 boxes is about 0.03%. My calculations did not include the possibility of SR+ just because it made them easier.

Thanks!!!

I'll probably get only a box for S13.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Regarding Xane’s Imitate Ability, can you copy two different characters, and have the affinities and skills of both cards?

"『変幻自在 チェイニー』の『変身』で『創られし命 リムステラ』のコピーになった場合、『チェイニー』の性別はどうなりますか?

性別のないユニットになります。"

That is from the Cipher FAQ. It says

"If Xane has copied Limstella with "imitate" what would Xane's gender become?

Xane would become a unit with no gender."

So I would interpret it as both Xane loses the skill imitate for the turn after having done so and that if somehow you could activate it twice you couldn't have two different sets of affinities. 

Hello, sorry to ask out but I'm curious about Series 12 Nanna's effect regarding flipped over bonds. If my bond that has the same name as my lord is flipped over, does it still meet the requirement to be returned to the hand through Nanna's effect, or is the bond simply treated as a muted bond?

The only other card I really thought about this being a similar thing to is Series 3 Nowi, but she doesn't really have any restrictions on her ability.

If anyone can clarify or offer their opinion I'd be greatly appreciative, thank you.

10 hours ago, scandalous said:

Hello, sorry to ask out but I'm curious about Series 12 Nanna's effect regarding flipped over bonds. If my bond that has the same name as my lord is flipped over, does it still meet the requirement to be returned to the hand through Nanna's effect, or is the bond simply treated as a muted bond?

The only other card I really thought about this being a similar thing to is Series 3 Nowi, but she doesn't really have any restrictions on her ability.

If anyone can clarify or offer their opinion I'd be greatly appreciative, thank you.

A flipped over bond is treated as a null bond that is it has no traits. So functionally you should consider it as not having the same name as your lord.

10 hours ago, scandalous said:

A flipped over bond is treated as a null bond that is it has no traits. So functionally you should consider it as not having the same name as your lord.

Hi, I have a qustion regarding Sarah 3 B10 skill in which it says that you can untap one ally at the beggining of your action phase, but aren't you suppose to untap  all your cards at the beginning phase? or can you untap one ally after one move or this just work only if you happen to have a card that can't be untapped at the beginning phase (like Eyvel)? Thanks. 

8 hours ago, AlexHesketh said:

Hi, I have a qustion regarding Sarah 3 B10 skill in which it says that you can untap one ally at the beggining of your action phase, but aren't you suppose to untap  all your cards at the beginning phase? or can you untap one ally after one move or this just work only if you happen to have a card that can't be untapped at the beginning phase (like Eyvel)? Thanks. 

Just works if you happen to have a card that can't be untapped at the beginning phase.

On Takumi 4 B07, I'm a little confused on how his "Stormy Plains" ability works. It states "At the start of either player's turn, if you have at least one face-up Orb, move all units in the front row to the back rows, besides the Main Characters."  The part that confuses me here is the part that states either player's turn. Does that mean that if I have a flipped orb, then my units all move to back row at each start phase, or does it move enemy units back on their turn? Also, I assume that this move is required and not optional? (Pretty sure it is forced, but I want to make sure just in case)

Card in question:

Spoiler

File:B07-056.png

On 5/26/2018 at 8:14 AM, In-Sain Arcane Birdbrain said:

On Takumi 4 B07, I'm a little confused on how his "Stormy Plains" ability works. It states "At the start of either player's turn, if you have at least one face-up Orb, move all units in the front row to the back rows, besides the Main Characters."  The part that confuses me here is the part that states either player's turn. Does that mean that if I have a flipped orb, then my units all move to back row at each start phase, or does it move enemy units back on their turn? Also, I assume that this move is required and not optional? (Pretty sure it is forced, but I want to make sure just in case)

Card in question:

Hide contents

File:B07-056.png

All units except for each player's main character is moved to the back row at the start of a player's turn so long as there is a face-up orb. So at the start of the enemy's turn, all of your front row units move to the back and all of the enemy's front row units move to the back (except the main characters of course). 

You are right in that it is required (I actually didn't even notice it until I saw this question).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i've got a question about Eldigan and Seliph combo.
If I use Eldigan 5/4 first skill: " Darkness-Cleaving Sacred Blade AUTO Once Per Turn At the end of your Bond Phase, before you begin your Deployment Phase you may have a second Bond Phase. "
If During this Second Bond Phase I play Seliph, Can I activate " Bond Skill Seal of Light Bond Skill AUTO When this card is placed in your Bond Area by the effect of a skill, you may unflip a card in your Bond Area. " from Seliph 5/4 ? (In my mind it's a No, but I hope for a Yes..)

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Calyurso said:

If I use Eldigan 5/4 first skill: " Darkness-Cleaving Sacred Blade AUTO Once Per Turn At the end of your Bond Phase, before you begin your Deployment Phase you may have a second Bond Phase. "
If During this Second Bond Phase I play Seliph, Can I activate " Bond Skill Seal of Light Bond Skill AUTO When this card is placed in your Bond Area by the effect of a skill, you may unflip a card in your Bond Area. " from Seliph 5/4 ? (In my mind it's a No, but I hope for a Yes..)

I feel like it's been answered before, but it's not the effect of Darkness-Cleaving Sacred Blade itself placing Seliph into the Bond Area, but rather the skill enabling you to put down an extra card in the Bond Area. As a result, Seal of Light does not activate, and you do not get to flip a card in your Bond Area face-up.

Hello,

I've been thinking about buying my fire emblem cipher booster box from ami ami, I really want booster box 3. However pretty much every booster box is out of stock. Does amiami regularly restock the older booster boxes? I'd really like to know!

2 hours ago, I Deserve This said:

Hello,

I've been thinking about buying my fire emblem cipher booster box from ami ami, I really want booster box 3. However pretty much every booster box is out of stock. Does amiami regularly restock the older booster boxes? I'd really like to know!

About twice a week, they restock different sets (One week, you could see restock for B04, B05 and B08, while the next it could be sets B01, B02, B06 & B12 for example). ~ 3 months ago, there was a day or two where AmiAmi had all first 11 sets in stock, but from my experience, they usually have between 3-6 differents sets in stock at the same time.

18 minutes ago, jiayejoe said:

About twice a week, they restock different sets (One week, you could see restock for B04, B05 and B08, while the next it could be sets B01, B02, B06 & B12 for example). ~ 3 months ago, there was a day or two where AmiAmi had all first 11 sets in stock, but from my experience, they usually have between 3-6 differents sets in stock at the same time.

Oh thank you so much, then I might just be in luck of getting the set I want this week. <3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 2:22 AM, Gonzak said:

Regarding the new Feh card if i were to use an ally skill that costs flipping a bond, could i target Feh and not flip a bond at all?

https://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Feh_(Cipher)

We can't do that :p
The interaction is that we must flip a bond to pay for costs for a skill and we can't use Feh because that card can't be flipped.

It'd be similar to trying to destroy a unit that can't be destroyed like Gunter4 as part of a cost of a skill (like uh... Iago): You can't resolve the skill without actually destroying an ally and Gunter can't be a valid target.

Hi, I've got a question about the new Marth SR B13, and Leon B11.
If I try to use Math's skill " Conquest: In the Name of the Hero-King ACT [ Tap This Unit, Tap 5 other allies ] If your opponent has 0 orbs, you win the game. "
May I tap Leon two times with his first skill : " A World That Must Be Protected AUTO Once Per Turn When this unit is tapped as the result of a skill's cost or effect, untap this unit. Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +10 attack. " ?
Thank you.

edit: Oh and About Lachesis bond skill : " Bond Skill Valiant Princess's Persuasion Bond Skill AUTO When you place this card in your bond area, if you have 3 or fewer cards in your hand, draw 1 card. " Is it : you have 4 cards in hand, put Lachesis in Bond zone from your hand, you have now 3 and you can use her bond skill"  or "3cards in hand, put Lachesis in the Bond zone, you have 2 cards in hand and use the BS."

Edited by Calyurso
forget

2 hours ago, Calyurso said:

Hi, I've got a question about the new Marth SR B13, and Leon B11.
If I try to use Math's skill " Conquest: In the Name of the Hero-King ACT [ Tap This Unit, Tap 5 other allies ] If your opponent has 0 orbs, you win the game. "
May I tap Leon two times with his first skill : " A World That Must Be Protected AUTO Once Per Turn When this unit is tapped as the result of a skill's cost or effect, untap this unit. Until the end of the turn, this unit gains +10 attack. " ?
Thank you.

edit: Oh and About Lachesis bond skill : " Bond Skill Valiant Princess's Persuasion Bond Skill AUTO When you place this card in your bond area, if you have 3 or fewer cards in your hand, draw 1 card. " Is it : you have 4 cards in hand, put Lachesis in Bond zone from your hand, you have now 3 and you can use her bond skill"  or "3cards in hand, put Lachesis in the Bond zone, you have 2 cards in hand and use the BS."

Marth's skill happens all at once, so you must resolve that skill first before resolving any other skills. 

Leon can't untap until after you've tapped all the allies for the cost of the skill first.

If you have 4 cards, you can bond Lachesis from hand to draw 1 and go back up to 4 cards. At the time of entering the bond area your hand will be 3.

No worries.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"When this unit performs a Critical Hit while attacking the Main Character, you may choose an enemy besides the Main Character, and destroy it. "

B10-033R

If the critical hit is avoided, does it still proc or not?