Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

So is it confirmed there's no MaMU or FeMorgan cards? That'd seem quite biased to only include one of the Avatars.

I'm slightly irritated that they separated Robin and Morgan into two different characters each (via gender), especially since neither is all that different when their gender is different. I kinda wanted class change to include gender change too (guess only Lucina can do that). I suspect male Robin and female Morgan (along with a few other missing people, like Panne, Yarne, Laurent, and Nah) will be in the next set that has Awakening cards. At least they didn't go full bias and went with both female Robin and female Morgan. And male Morgan is super cute with a great ability, so I'm personally fine.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly irritated that they separated Robin and Morgan into two different characters each (via gender), especially since neither is all that different when their gender is different. I kinda wanted class change to include gender change too (guess only Lucina can do that). I suspect male Robin and female Morgan (along with a few other missing people, like Panne, Yarne, Laurent, and Nah) will be in the next set that has Awakening cards. At least they didn't go full bias and went with both female Robin and female Morgan. And male Morgan is super cute with a great ability, so I'm personally fine.

They had to. Certain cards rely on gender (hi Severa).

Oh, I am fully aware of that (hi Inigo and Lon'qu!), but then they would affect/be affected by that card, rather than the character, yu know? Besides, as I said before, Lucina already gender changes. Her cost 1 card has an effect where she is treated as Marth, as well, at all times, correct? That means she is a viable card to discard for criticals, evasion, and persona blasts when it comes to Marth. But it also means she is a viable card for promoted Marth cards to promote onto, thus making her gender change from female to male (though since it's Lucina to Marth, it won't be much of a change! Ba dum tss).

Of course, this is assuming I am understanding the rules properly.

Oh, I am fully aware of that (hi Inigo and Lon'qu!), but then they would affect/be affected by that card, rather than the character, yu know? Besides, as I said before, Lucina already gender changes. Her cost 1 card has an effect where she is treated as Marth, as well, at all times, correct? That means she is a viable card to discard for criticals, evasion, and persona blasts when it comes to Marth. But it also means she is a viable card for promoted Marth cards to promote onto, thus making her gender change from female to male (though since it's Lucina to Marth, it won't be much of a change! Ba dum tss).

From what I've seen from Japanese twitter users, they mainly just use the "Marth" Lucina as a Lord for their Shadow Dragon decks.

So I was looking around some places, and apparently some cards are called SR+? What's the deal with that?

I assume those are the signed cards, which come at a rate of one in every four boxes. They're extra special. For any wondering what signed cards there are, it's SR Navarre, SR Lucina, R Female Robin, and R Lissa. And they are signed by their VAs.

From the Twitter updates thread, Kawade has detailed that there will be 6 distinct voice-actor signature variant cards in the series 1 set. Hikaru Midorikawa, Sakura Tange, Takehito Koyasu, Yu Kobayashi, Miyuki Sawashiro, and Kana Asumi have all lent their signatures.

Lucina doesn't actually gender or state change. Her rules say that she only takes on Marth's name, not gender, abilities, stats. Of course if she is upgraded, then this effect is replaced with the new card.

【英雄の紋章】【特殊】このカードのユニット名は「マルス」としてもあつかう

Not surprising that most of the sellers are marking up the Tharja cards at ridiculous prices.

All the SR+ cards are starting at 1000 yen. How far it goes up to is up to the Yahoo Auc denizens.

So I was looking around some places, and apparently some cards are called SR+? What's the deal with that?

I assume those are the signed cards, which come at a rate of one in every four boxes. They're extra special. For any wondering what signed cards there are, it's SR Navarre, SR Lucina, R Female Robin, and R Lissa. And they are signed by their VAs.

There are 6 SR+ and 8 R+ cards in Series 1. The SR+ and R+ cards have a holographic background AND foil text. Other rarity cards can have holo backgrounds but not foil text. 6/14 of the + cards have the holographic background, foil text, and signature. This might mean that SR+ cards aren't as rare as we thought, just that there are less SIGNED cards.

These cards are the following:

SR+
Navarre (Takehito Koyasu Signed)
Caeda (Sakura Tange Signed)
Marth (Hikaru Midorikawa Signed)
Lucina (Yu Kobayashi Signed)
Chrom
Tharja
R+
Lissa (Kana Asumi Signed)
Robin (F) (Miyuki Sawashiro Signed)
Lon'qu
Palla
Minerva
Est
Catria
Inigo

Card rarity count breakdown is the following

[sR] Super Rare x12
[R] Rare x16
[HN] High Normal x24
[N] Normal x48
--
100 different cards
+
[sR+] Super Rare x6 (Signed Foil)
[R+] Rare x8 (Signed Foil)
--
14 signed foil versions of the same SR/R cards
------
=114 cards including foil versions
sakura_0407tetu-img600x450-1435115518vvt

Also, the official site is all kinds of broken right now, it looks like a PHP nightmare.
They also added an FAQ with over 130 answers to questions!
Edited by audiotronica

Lucina doesn't actually gender or state change. Her rules say that she only takes on Marth's name, not gender, abilities, stats. Of course if she is upgraded, then this effect is replaced with the new card.

You misunderstood me. I meant that she turns into Marth when you promote her into Marth card and since Marth is male, a gender change occurs, is all. I was just hoping that they would do the same for Robin and Morgan. Ah, well.

So I decided to run through the FAQ on the Cipher website, and noted some of the more interesting questions and answers.

• There seems to be no order in which you choose to resolve skills that may activate at the same play timing,
  • No limit on cards in hand,
  • Both players can check all facedown bonds, including their opponent's,
  • When you have 1 orb left and a specific skill has your opponent's attack destroy 2 orbs, you don't lose.
  • When you class change; first draw a card, then resolve any skills.
  • You can play a card and class change it on the same turn that it is played,
  • You can class change over a class changed card,
  • Reversed (flipped) bonds count to the total amount of bonds, but their symbols (Awakening/Shadow Dragon) don't, so basically you can't play any cards if all of your bonds are facedown.
  • Marth cannot be supported by "Marth" Lucina,
  • Gaius' "Assassinate" works on the Hero as well,
  • A lot of cards that have skills that work when a card class changes don't work on the card itself (Henry, Robin; this might be a confusing one),
  • If you happen to deck out upon successfully attacking with the Class Changed Lissa, you first shuffle back the deck and then resolve the skill; so basically, you can't add anything back to hand.
  • If a support fails, then so does the support skill.

That's about all I got from it for now!

Edited by DifferentFight

Sooo. . .can "Marth" Lucina be supported by Marth?

(this'll cement which deck I build in my mind)

As far as I can tell, that effect means she counts as both Lucina and Marth at the same time and such an effect is a double-edged sword. She can promote into any promoted Marth or Lucina cards, she can also be used for the discarding for critical, evasion, and persona blasts of both Lucina and Marth, but this also means you canot play any Lucina or Marth cards while she is out nor can she support Lucina or Marth or be supported by them.

But I heard most people are gonna use just one copy of her in a Marth deck and make her the MC, just so they can max all the regular Marth cards in the deck itself.

I want to use Henry's Curse of Death to destroy himself by battle while he's the main character to purposefully draw an orb while also making the opponent discard 2

It's not nearly as good as in CFV because there's only one guard mechanic, but it's still hilarious to purposely throw yourself on the edge of death to add five cards to hand and make the opponent discard 10. If you can live long enough to class change Henry, get five bonds out and have the five allies out necessary to do it while also having enough orbs remaining that it matters, the opponent deserves to feel that kind of despair.

Hey guys, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread but I don't really think my question warrants its own thread haha.

Long story short, I'm a collector and I have been a Fire Emblem fan for well over 10 years so I was overjoyed when this TCG was announced. Basically, in order for me to try to get every single card in every single variation available, what exactly should I buy and how many of each? At the moment, I am ready to place an order for at least 5 boxes although I'm not sure I'm going to need that amount. I also need both starter decks as there are some exclusives in there too, right?

To confirm, I am not looking to play the actual TCG, only collect the cards, so I will technically need only one of each card. Cheers!

Hey guys, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread but I don't really think my question warrants its own thread haha.

Long story short, I'm a collector and I have been a Fire Emblem fan for well over 10 years so I was overjoyed when this TCG was announced. Basically, in order for me to try to get every single card in every single variation available, what exactly should I buy and how many of each? At the moment, I am ready to place an order for at least 5 boxes although I'm not sure I'm going to need that amount. I also need both starter decks as there are some exclusives in there too, right?

To confirm, I am not looking to play the actual TCG, only collect the cards, so I will technically need only one of each card. Cheers!

5 boxes should be fine to get at least 1 of each card, otherwise I've started up a trade/sale thread for people that are looking for cards that they're missing.

Other than that, you can look in the Yahoo Auctions, and I'm sure cards will pop up on eBay eventually as well. (I saw a Marth SR and it was way overpriced though).

Thanks for the card scans, Dan!

Here it is :) My booster box unboxing!

To confirm, 4 SR per box, 12 R per box (one was R+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MxfX9s7QZw

This was a good watch, thanks for putting that together. Glad to see that the numbers aren't too skewed for getting some of the rarer cards!

5 boxes should be fine to get at least 1 of each card, otherwise I've started up a trade/sale thread for people that are looking for cards that they're missing.

Other than that, you can look in the Yahoo Auctions, and I'm sure cards will pop up on eBay eventually as well. (I saw a Marth SR and it was way overpriced though).

Thanks, I think I'll go with either 4 or 5 then! I was already planning on hunting down separate cards online so I might as well keep that thread in mind.

But yeah, I guess it's not worth getting the starter packs then? And are there any other cards that are unavailable through simply purchasing boosters?

Thanks, I think I'll go with either 4 or 5 then! I was already planning on hunting down separate cards online so I might as well keep that thread in mind.

But yeah, I guess it's not worth getting the starter packs then? And are there any other cards that are unavailable through simply purchasing boosters?

I'd recommend getting one of each started deck, as there are things that are exclusive to the starter decks.