Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it seems that P01-014PR is simply an alternate art (and foiled?) version of B01-055N Sacred Descendant, Lucina. She'll be in the Nintendo Dream 10/2015 issue (releases in Japan on August 21st).

Source: Nintendo Dream 9/2015 issue, page 97.

EDIT: P01-012PR is an alternate art version of B01-002N Deposed Prince, Marth.

Source: Fire Emblem Official Cipher Guide, page 118.

~ Sokloeum

Edited by Sokloeum

Oh, my! Is PoR Ike manly? Well, he already is manly, but oh my! And is that sketch gonna be a legion style artwork for the game like they are doing for series 2? If so, I can not only totally dig it, but that means the Black Knight is getting a card! ^^

All the PoR cards will have one color, and the other half of the set will be Fates. (Probably gray cards?)

Black Knight is just gonna be a new Camus type card with a ridiculous effect.

Some people probably would have seen it already, but a fan who went to the FE event took some photos of the full card art for Series 2.

Hoshido siblings: https://twitter.com/Eycktter/status/624905620991270912

Nohr siblings: https://twitter.com/Eycktter/status/624860093167734784

Kamuis and Aqua: https://twitter.com/Eycktter/status/624904321272918016

Kazahana and Harold: https://twitter.com/Eycktter/status/624906153999273984

Edited by sofutoppai

Wow...never knew Leon could be so cool! He totally looks like he gonna help bring on the apocalypse! If Nohr gets meta effects, then I might just start Cipher with this set when it comes to English rather than with PoR like I planned.

Hi, I had a few questions regarding the rules of the game that I was hoping could be answered!

Support Skill Emblems:

Now, the ways these are translated say "during the attack phase"; is this referring to the entirety of the action phase, or just for attack (while the support unit is in the Support Area)? For example, if I attack with a Chrom and reveal a unit with Fighter's Emblem, he gains +20 from that effect. Now, if I use Olivia's ability to untap that Chrom, does he retain the +20 bonus from Fighter's Emblem?

By extension, I wanted clarification if Defender's Emblem works the same way. It seems a little silly to be able to give +20 to your entire army when you're on defense until the end of your opponent's action phase.

Formation Skill:
What exactly is this skill label? From what I've seen people say, it's just that the cost is tapping something else, but Cain & Abel have a skill where they tap another unit and it isn't labeled as FS. Does this mean that the units needed for a FS have to be in the same area (Vanguard or Rearguard)?

Support Skill: The attack phase is strictly the moment you choose to attack an enemy. At the end of the attack phase you are brought back to the action phase. So support effects are directly for that instance so you'd only have +20 for that attack.

Formation skills require a total of three units which is why it's considered a formation. They only need to exist on your side of the field in order to be able to activate their effects, the same goes for duo effects such as Cain and Abel.

• 2 weeks later...
Morgan's card is listed as:

"Auto / [Flip 2 Bonds] After this unit has been deployed, if you have less orbs than your opponent and you pay the cost, add the top card of your deck to your Orb Area. "

I can read this as either this effect takes place only once, immediately after Morgan is deployed you can gain an orb? But it could also be read as any time you want to, as long as these conditions are met and you flip 2 bonds, you can heal. Any thoughts on this one?

"Auto" means it's a trigger effect. If it was an activated ability with a condition it would be "ACT" (Or whatever the colors are on the cards)

Edited by Tuvillo

So it seems there's a problem with level 3 nowi, Sokloeum has informed me that level 3 nowi ' s effect for retrieving bonds is mandatory. And the translated effects implies that this is an optional effects by adding the term "you may" to it misleading the player to believe it is optional as well

It was.

Also i reaaaaally need some details on levelling down and re-promoting a unit to the same card.

As far as I know, when leveling down, you pay the regular deploy cost, and then you can promote it normally. All previous forms remain under the new form, so you can get a nice stack this way. Of course, I wouldn't ever recommend this move, but it's there.

As far as I know, when leveling down, you pay the regular deploy cost, and then you can promote it normally. All previous forms remain under the new form, so you can get a nice stack this way. Of course, I wouldn't ever recommend this move, but it's there.

That's pretty much the long and short of it. Until a card that gets powered up by how many times it's leveled up there's not much of a point unless you want to draw a card to refresh your deck faster.

I got lots of screenies that has pics of the IF booster, would you guys be interested?

EDIT: Here they are anyway

(Translation unconfirmed, card too blur)
c7ef0b685b.png
5/4 Sword Saint - Ryoma
Range 1, Byakuya/Male/Sword
Raijin Musou (Cont): If this unit is in the front row and there are 4 or more [byakuya] units, this unit gains +20 Atk, 1-2 Range and loses it's 2nd ability "Unyielding Forces"
Unyielding Forces (Act, flip 1 bond): At the start of your turn, you may pay the cost to deploy 1 cost 2 and below [byakuya] unit onto the field
ec0f0092a5.png
Marx
5/4 Paladin Marx
Anya/Male/Sword/Mounted
Unrestrained Ruling (Auto) When this units destroys an enemy unit, you may pay the cost and untap this unit. This unit gets -10 atk until the end of the turn
Disjointed Fate (Auto) When another Unit Class Changes, this unit gains range 1-2, and your opponent cannot use God speed evasion against this unit's attack, except on his Lord.
8fd6ca6508.png
The First Prince of Hoshido - Ryouma

[Eldest Brother of Hoshido] If this unit is supported by Hinoka, Takumi, or Sakura, this unit gets an extra +10 attack.

[Attack Emblem] Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.
5e806ca4e1.png

The First Prince of Nohr - Marx

[Eldest Brother of Nohr] If this unit is supported by Camilla, Leon, or Elize, this unit gains an extra +10 attack.

[Attack Emblem] Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.

a9229ea68d.png

White Blood Kamui(M)
Range 1 Byakuya/Male/Sword
Light of ??? (Act, flip 3 bonds,Discard 1 Kamui(M)):, choose one cost 2 and below unit from your hand and place it onto the field, and all your units gets +30 until end of the turn
Untarnished White Sword (Act. flip 3 bonds,Discard 1 Kamui(M): Destroy one enemy unit (except Lord), choose one Byakuya unit from your graveyard (except Kamui M ) and put it into your hand.

df617e57b1.png

Dark Blood Kamui(F)

Range 1 Anya/Female/Sword
Blood Stained Dark Sword (Act, flip 3 bonds, discard one Kamui (F)): Choose up to 3 enemy units (except lord) and destroy them
March of Darkness (Act, flip 3 bonds, discard one Kamui (F)): Until the end of your opponent's next turn, all Anya units gets +20, and this unit gains range 1-2
47a742a67d.png
Ninja of the Ancient Wind - Kagerou
[Kagerou, of Ryouma's Army] On your own turn, if Ryouma is present on your field, this unit gains +10 attack.
Ninja's Emblem: You may send 1 card from your hand to the graveyard, and at the end of the battle, instead of sending this card to the graveyard, put it into play instead.
Edited by Nanaka

There are also a bunch of screens of new cards from the NicoNico screen up on FB that I can share if we want them here. Looks like the did dual art cards for each of the FEif sibling pairs which looks really cool. There were a few other new cards shown, too.

Edited by Kirie

Thanks for the translations! I'll put them on the wiki right away! Can I get names (even tentative ones that you are unsure of)? It would just be nice to call them something, you know? Also, I believe there was a Lazward card revealed, as well.

too lazy to crop out, grabbed from the other thread

pierilazward_zpsppmbojkf.png

Blossoming Smile - Lazwald

[Lazwald, of Marx's Army] On your own turn, if Marx is present on your field, this unit gains +10 attack.
Support ability: [Attack Emblem] Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.