Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I got the wiki pages done, but ti would be nice to have names for some of the cards, however.

By Names u mean the name and title?

5 cost Kamui (F): Chosen Princess of Yatogami - Kamui (Female)

5 cost Kamui M: Chosen Prince of Yatogami - Kamui (Male)

5 cost Marx : Pitch Dark Paladin - Marx

5 cost Lobster : Saint Sword of Roaring Thunder - Ryoma

The illustrators seem to be

Kagerou = Homare

Lazward = Sachiko Wada

Cavalier Xander = lack

Ryoma & Xander Panorama = Rika Suzuki

By Names u mean the name and title?

5 cost Kamui (F): Chosen Princess of Yatogami - Kamui (Female)

5 cost Kamui M: Chosen Prince of Yatogami - Kamui (Male)

5 cost Marx : Pitch Dark Paladin - Marx

5 cost Lobster : Saint Sword of Roaring Thunder - Ryoma

Thanks, guys! I got the wiki updated with all the new info. If anyone would be kind enough to go over it all and take care of any possible mistakes, that would be swell.

It was a ridiculous idea. Level 1 Ryouma is basically vanilla at the moment (or most of the time after the set releases, probably) and I didn't see that the 4 units need to be allied Hoshido.

The only synergy between White and Red is now the Red units that say "When you play a cost 2 or lower unit" because the White cards are much better off being pure White. xD

If it helps, Black seems to be hybrid friendly. I mean, neither Xander, nor Pieri require them to be class changed to use their best effects and seems easily splashable in decks that have a lot of destruction, power ups, and/or would like more destruction. At this point, White is probably the only color you don't want to do any race, I mean color mixing in (sorry, couldn't resist the joke on the ironic coincidence lol).

Eh, only very few cards give a damn about color in any way and you only need one face-up bond of said color, so combining colors to get the best of both seems like a relatively easy endeavor. Weiss Schwarz uses a similar color restriction scheme and most decks there are 2 color decks. Now, I'm not saying hybrids will be the norm, but rather will likely be significant in this game as a whole as time goes on. The second most popular meta deck (Inigo Harem) is already hybrid and is sitting comfortably at at least 20% use last I heard.

I can already think of a Red and Black deck where the goal is to just overwhelm the opponent in resources. Have Red use pegasi to give excellent support power while giving plusses and use Black cards to gain power and destroy opponent's units.

Oh, and I already updated Xander and Kagerou with the better images already, just as an FYI.

Currently hybrids are played because the most powerful cards are spread across both colors and there's not really a strategy yet.

There's no reason to play Red/Black IF Red proves to be better, still. It all depends on niche theory. (Does adding black to red give the deck something worth having, and vice versa?)

The difference between this game and most other games it that there's no real difference between 100 ATK and 100000 ATK. (Except for Xander, I guess. But he'll still be limited by your Bond count)

The difference between this game and most other games it that there's no real difference between 100 ATK and 100000 ATK. (Except for Xander, I guess. But he'll still be limited by your Bond count)

That's a typical trademark of Bushiroad TCGs, actually. The three TCGs they have released in English all have power separate from the stat that deals damage. This is noteworthy, as Cipher is mostly based off of CFV, which is the most popular game of those three (and Nontendo even explicitly admitted it). I like it, personally, as it makes it so putting all your eggs in the power basket isn't enough to get a rush in and forces one to get more creative along with allowing more variety among cards.

http://fecipher.jp/event/campaign/

Wow...feel kinda bad for anyone who dropped some money on that Chrom promo, since it'll be the promo for the second wave of demo events, as well. Not as much of a collector's item. For those who don't know, that Azura picture is of a special marker card one is allowed to use to mark their MC.

Jumping in here:

First, I really appreciate the work everyone here is doing on translations! I'm looking forward to taking a crack at this game.

Second, I recently made a LackeyCCG plugin for Cipher and posted it on Reddit...then today realized that someone here had also made one. Which leads me to my third point:

As an amateur game designer with some professional experience doing technical editing, I'd like to do what I can to help do tech-editing on the translation. I'll admit that my Japanese is somewhere between "rusty" and "baka gaijin", so I can't contribute significantly to actual translation work, but I have a preliminary style guide in the spreadsheet that's fueling my version of the Lackey plugin and am willing to spend hours agonizing over whether "When" or "Whenever" is the best word to use in a conditional.

Essentially, what I'd like to do is help ensure that, once the effects are translated, the language used for them is tight, clear, consistent, and works well in English. I've been in contact with Aubergine (assuming that name designates the same person here that it does on r/fireemblem) but figured it would be best to jump over here to coordinate efforts on translation (and Lackey plugins; having one would be best). If anyone wants to see what I've done, my plugin can be found here, and I can provide the source spreadsheet if anyone wants to see it.

Let me know if that sounds useful!

I believe most agreed the way Bushiroad translates CFV seems to be a good fit for the game, especially as this shares many mechanics, but anything further than that has yet to be really agreed upon. I would have helped get the wiki using the same terms for everything already but I felt like I was the only one even trying and that doesn't do well for morale, let alone the sheer amount of time that would take from me.

http://kizunafe0.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-71.html

There's a reveal of the 2 Promoted Kamui from the new starter decks. I'll post tl later

21.jpg

Chosen Future of the Princess Kamui(F)

Promoted-Dark Blood 70/20

4/3 Anya/Female/Sword

Skills:

Dark Surge (Auto): When this units destroys an enemy unit, you may choose one enemy unit and move it

Consecrated Sword of Anya (Auto, Tap one of the following units: Marx, Camila, Leon, Elise) You may pay the cost when attacking a 'Byakuya' unit. If you do so, this unit gets +10 attack for this battle.

22.jpg

Chosen Future of the Princess Kamui(M)

Promoted- White Blood 70/20

4/3 Byakuya/Male/Sword

Skills:

Resonating Feelings (Auto) : If you have 3 or more other units, all units on your side of the fields get +10 attack.

Consecrated Sword of Byakuya: (Auto, Tap one of the following units: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura) You may pay the cost when attacking a 'Anya' unit. If you do so, this unit gets +10 attack for this battle.

Edited by Nanaka

Lemme know if you find any differences between our plugins that maybe I should get around to changing.

The problem so far isn't having a functional plugin, it's finding a game. (Only reliable way is through our Skype chat atm)

Hello and thank you all for the good work.

I have a question regarding the Bond Area and Flipped Bonds: Is the Bond area public or private for any or both of the players? Like, can I see what are my flipped bonds? I play a Manakete deck and I wanna know this for the effect on Nowi*3.

http://kizunafe0.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-71.html

There's a reveal of the 2 Promoted Kamui from the new starter decks. I'll post tl later

Chosen Future of the Princess Kamui(F)

Promoted-Dark Blood 70/20

4/3 Anya/Female/Sword

Skills:

Dark Surge (Auto): When this units destroys an enemy unit, you may choose one enemy unit and move it

Consecrated Sword of Anya (Auto, Tap one of the following units: Marx, Camila, Leon, Elise) You may pay the cost when attacking a 'Byakuya' unit. If you do so, this unit gets +10 attack for this battle.

Chosen Future of the Princess Kamui(M)

Promoted- White Blood 70/20

4/3 Byakuya/Male/Sword

Skills:

Resonating Feelings (Auto) : If you have 3 or more other units, all units on your side of the fields get +10 attack.

Consecrated Sword of Byakuya: (Auto, Tap one of the following units: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura) You may pay the cost when attacking a 'Anya' unit. If you do so, this unit gets +10 attack for this battle.

Chosen Future of the Princess Kamui(F)'s first skill only allows you to choose and move one enemy unit from the Rear to the Frontline(or not move it at all as this is optional).

and it should be Chosen Future of the Prince Kamui(M), not Princess xD

Hello and thank you all for the good work.

I have a question regarding the Bond Area and Flipped Bonds: Is the Bond area public or private for any or both of the players? Like, can I see what are my flipped bonds? I play a Manakete deck and I wanna know this for the effect on Nowi*3.

Battlefield, Bond Area, Support Area, Discard Pile are open info for both players, therefore you definitely can see your flipped bonds and even your opponent's flipped bonds. But as a practice of good card manners, always ask for your opponent's permission before touching any of their cards.

Edited by Mutsugami

Battlefield, Bond Area, Support Area, Discard Pile are open info for both players, therefore you definitely can see your flipped bonds and even your opponent's flipped bonds. But as a practice of good card manners, always ask for your opponent's permission before touching any of their cards.

I was under the impression that once a bond is flipped you are no longer allowed to view what the card is. Only know that it's a face down in the bond area.

The bonds are always public to everyone at all times, so don't worry. Also, you can most certainly put face-down bonds back to hand with Nowi. Right now, that is the only way to unflip bonds, as roundabout as it is.

And I did think that Female Corrin was being a tad too defensive for Black lol.