Jump to content
Dan

Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Cipher Wiki  

180 members have voted

  1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

    • Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine


Recommended Posts

Thanks a lot again for respond me! I now well understand those things!

I'm trying to do decks, and sometimes skills are hard to understand, thanks for respond me!

Also there are still things I don't understand that I saw on some skills like:

-Silque's skill Absolve CONT This unit cannot be destroyed by a skill's cost or effect.

What is meant by "skill's cost or effect?"

-And also, when my units attack one of my ally, I don't had to put a card  on the support area for those units?

If, for example, my Tobin attack my ally Gray, I don't have to use supports for them?

Well, I think that's all for the moment, thank you again :D!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

-Silque's skill Absolve CONT This unit cannot be destroyed by a skill's cost or effect.

What is meant by "skill's cost or effect?"

There are skills in Cipher that have requirements to destroy an ally as a cost, and you can't select Silque as a target to destroy for that cost if she can't be destroyed. 
There are also skills that your opponent can use against you such as destroy an enemy, which can be used to target Silque, but she won't get destroyed by it.
 

20 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

-And also, when my units attack one of my ally, I don't had to put a card  on the support area for those units?

If, for example, my Tobin attack my ally Gray, I don't have to use supports for them?

You can't attack your own allies in Cipher. Only enemies can attack your units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

There are skills in Cipher that have requirements to destroy an ally as a cost, and you can't select Silque as a target to destroy for that cost if she can't be destroyed. 
There are also skills that your opponent can use against you such as destroy an enemy, which can be used to target Silque, but she won't get destroyed by it.

Thanks for explain me this! I think this Silque's skill don't function if my opponent use a skill that grants +20? This will destroy my Silque isn't it?

8 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

You can't attack your own allies in Cipher. Only enemies can attack your units

Ah? But for Berkut's skill (Kriemhild ACT Once Per Turn [Destroy another untapped ally] Until the end of your opponent's next turn, this unit gains +10 attack and this unit's range becomes 1-3. ) I have to destroy an untaped ally,as it's said, if I want this skill to function...

Edited by FireFenrir30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

Thanks for explain me this! I think this Silque's skill don't function if my opponent use a skill that grants +20? This will destroy my Silque isn't it?

I'm not too sure what you mean here, but your opponent can just attack Silque normally as if attacking anyone and Silque can get destroyed by an attack as per normal. Being destroyed by skills are different to being destroyed by attacks.

4 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

Ah? But for Berkut's skill (Kriemhild ACT Once Per Turn [Destroy another untapped ally] Until the end of your opponent's next turn, this unit gains +10 attack and this unit's range becomes 1-3. ) I have to destroy an untaped ally,as it's said, if I want this skill to function...

Destroying another untapped ally is the cost of his skill, which doesn't cause battle to occur. It just simply destroys them - or sends them to the retreat area (which is being destroyed) and then the result of destroying an untapped ally, which is gaining +10 attack and having 1-3 range until the end of your opponent's turn happens.
This is what I mean by a skill's cost -> which means you can't choose Silque when using Berkut's skill because she cannot be destroyed, which cannot fulfill the condition to activate Kriemhild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have a question regarding Shigure: End of the Ideal Path's skill's, and Zeke, Rigel's Sable Knight's one:

Forbidden Lyric ACT Once Per Turn Choose 1 non-Main Character Dragonstone enemy, and destroy them. Then, destroy this unit.

Treasured Memory CONT Other than this unit, if you have 1 or more of each Whiteand Black allies, this unit cannot be destroyed by the cost or effect of a skill.

-Does that mean that if I activate Forbidden Lyric, and that I have 1 White and Black as allies, Shigure isn't destroyed?

- Also can a card activate two ACT skills in one turn? Can I activate, for example, Shigure skill's

 Lost in the Waves ACT [ Tap This Unit ] Reveal the top card of your deck. Choose any number of allies with the same Symbol as that card as you wish, and move them, and 

Forbidden Lyric ACT Once Per Turn Choose 1 non-Main Character Dragonstone enemy, and destroy them. Then, destroy this unit,

both at the same turn?

-For Zeke, Rigel's Sable Knight's 1st skill:

Regalia: Gradivus ACT [Discard a Red card] Until the end of this turn, the Deployment Cost of all enemies becomes 1, and this unit's range becomes 1-2.

-First, are discard and destroy are the same? Is discard is only used to say that you have to discard one card from your hand and does destroy is used for say that you have to discard a card from you Front/Back line? In the case of Zeke, it meant that I have to discard a card from my hand isn't it?

-Second, for the effect "the Deployment Cost of all enemies becomes 1" Is that affect card's power? For example,  is the 4 Deployment Cost (Corrin (Male): Prince who chooses the future) with 70 of power, will be like a 1 Deployment Cost Corrin (Male): Crown Prince of Hoshido, with 20 of power until the end of the turn? Is the Class Change Corrin will be consider as a 1 Deployment Cost Corrin, about his skills and power?

Sorry, if it's not clear and also if one of those questions has been asked before.

Thanks for read my post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

Hello, I have a question regarding Shigure: End of the Ideal Path's skill's, and Zeke, Rigel's Sable Knight's one:

Forbidden Lyric ACT Once Per Turn Choose 1 non-Main Character Dragonstone enemy, and destroy them. Then, destroy this unit.

Treasured Memory CONT Other than this unit, if you have 1 or more of each Whiteand Black allies, this unit cannot be destroyed by the cost or effect of a skill.

-Does that mean that if I activate Forbidden Lyric, and that I have 1 White and Black as allies, Shigure isn't destroyed?

Shigure does not get destroyed if you have Treasured Memory active.

11 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

- Also can a card activate two ACT skills in one turn? Can I activate, for example, Shigure skill's

 Lost in the Waves ACT [ Tap This Unit ] Reveal the top card of your deck. Choose any number of allies with the same Symbol as that card as you wish, and move them, and 

Forbidden Lyric ACT Once Per Turn Choose 1 non-Main Character Dragonstone enemy, and destroy them. Then, destroy this unit,

both at the same turn?

Yes. You can use both skills in the same turn. There are no restrictions to stop you from doing so unless it is stated.

11 hours ago, FireFenrir30 said:

-For Zeke, Rigel's Sable Knight's 1st skill:

Regalia: Gradivus ACT [Discard a Red card] Until the end of this turn, the Deployment Cost of all enemies becomes 1, and this unit's range becomes 1-2.

-First, are discard and destroy are the same? Is discard is only used to say that you have to discard one card from your hand and does destroy is used for say that you have to discard a card from you Front/Back line? In the case of Zeke, it meant that I have to discard a card from my hand isn't it?

-Second, for the effect "the Deployment Cost of all enemies becomes 1" Is that affect card's power? For example,  is the 4 Deployment Cost (Corrin (Male): Prince who chooses the future) with 70 of power, will be like a 1 Deployment Cost Corrin (Male): Crown Prince of Hoshido, with 20 of power until the end of the turn? Is the Class Change Corrin will be consider as a 1 Deployment Cost Corrin, about his skills and power?

Discard and destroy are different things, discard is referring to discarding a card from your hand, and destroying is destroying a unit on field and sending it to the retreat area. In Zeke's case it's discard from hand.
Zeke's skill just changes the enemy deployment cost to 1. Corrin will temporary have a Deployment Cost of 1 until the end of the turn, but other than that, his attack and skills are unaffected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have a question about Mathilda: Legendary Knightess's skill's :

Goddess of the Battlefield AUTO When this unit is untapped, until the end of this turn, this unit gains +10 attack.

If she is untapped, and then tapped for attacking, is the +10 will still count? Or is this one is "lost" when she is tapped? 

Also, if her second skill, Indomitable Knight AUTO Once Per Turn When this unit is tapped by a skill's effect or by the cost of a skill, untap this unit,  is activated but that she previously gain +10 due to her first skill, will she again gain +10 attack in addition to the first +10 she gain? (Will she be at +20 ?)

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 4:46 AM, FireFenrir30 said:

Hello, I have a question about Mathilda: Legendary Knightess's skill's :

Goddess of the Battlefield AUTO When this unit is untapped, until the end of this turn, this unit gains +10 attack.

If she is untapped, and then tapped for attacking, is the +10 will still count? Or is this one is "lost" when she is tapped? 

Also, if her second skill, Indomitable Knight AUTO Once Per Turn When this unit is tapped by a skill's effect or by the cost of a skill, untap this unit,  is activated but that she previously gain +10 due to her first skill, will she again gain +10 attack in addition to the first +10 she gain? (Will she be at +20 ?)

Thanks in advance.

The +10 is lost at the end of the turn.

If she was untapped earlier in the turn, then yes the +10 stacks and she'll be at +20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, thanks for responding my previous question :D

I just have another quetsion about  SPEC skills, when can they be activated?

If I want to use Conrad: White Guardian Knight first's skill: Knight's Silvery Shadow SPEC If you have 1 or fewer Orbs, this card's Deployment and Class Change Costs becomes 1, do I have to deploy him before? Or is that skill is activated as long as I got him on my hand and that I have at least less than 1 Orb?

Thanks by advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 4:56 AM, FireFenrir30 said:

Hello, thanks for responding my previous question 😄

I just have another quetsion about  SPEC skills, when can they be activated?

If I want to use Conrad: White Guardian Knight first's skill: Knight's Silvery Shadow SPEC If you have 1 or fewer Orbs, this card's Deployment and Class Change Costs becomes 1, do I have to deploy him before? Or is that skill is activated as long as I got him on my hand and that I have at least less than 1 Orb?

Thanks by advance.

 

Skill is active as long as you have him in hand and you have at most 1 orb or 0 orbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding the skill of Sharena: Golden Smile.

B10-090.png

Her 1st ability, Princess's Gate Defense, allows the player to [flip 1 Bond and destroy one of their orbs] to [replace it with a card in their hand].  Upon the resolution of the effect, does the player put their card Face-up or Face-down into their Orb zone, from hand?  Or does the player get to choose the orientation in which they place their card from the hand to the Orb Zone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 9:31 AM, R_U_Diejobu said:

I have a question regarding the skill of Sharena: Golden Smile.

B10-090.png

Her 1st ability, Princess's Gate Defense, allows the player to [flip 1 Bond and destroy one of their orbs] to [replace it with a card in their hand].  Upon the resolution of the effect, does the player put their card Face-up or Face-down into their Orb zone, from hand?  Or does the player get to choose the orientation in which they place their card from the hand to the Orb Zone? 

Destroyed orbs are always only revealed to you. In this specific case, it would be face-down still (your opponent doesn't get to see what it is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I have some questions about rules and other things.

-Is a Critical Hit can be evaded? Also, is a Critical Hit can counter an evade? If my unit is evading, is my opponent's unit can do a Critical Hit? 

-Is the MC id considered as an Orb in that case; 

If a unit has a skill who does that 2 orbs are destroyed at place of one, and that I have only one Orb, is one Orb and the MC are both destroyed? Or is that just detroying one Orb and don't affect my MC?

-Also, is a flipped bond can still be tapped for deploy units? When a Bond was flipped for a skill, at the next turn, can I still tap it for deploy unit?

-About this Skill, and each of this "type" of skills:

For example, Sakura Priestess of Love skill permite her Once per turn, by flip 2 bonds, to add a card from the Retreat Area to the hand, if a Hoshido unit was destroyed by the ennemy.

But, there is a cost for activate this Skill (Flip 2 bonds), do I have to activate this Skill when it's my turn, before a Hoshido unit is destroyed, or can I flip the 2 Bonds after the unit was destroyed, even if it's not my turn?

-Then, about skills that need to reveal a card from my hand (like Conrad, Prince of Zofia, his skill require to reveal a "Celica" card from my hand for him to gain +10). After the card was revealed, do I leave this card in my hand, or did I have to discard the card?

Sorry if it's not clear. Thanks by advance.

 

Edited by FireFenrir30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...