Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

What information do we want for each entry? Since I never did any wiki stuff before, I wrote something on the test page just to see how wiki edititing works (so it's ugly as sin, incomplete and completely unusable), but I think we'll need to decide what we want for each card. Is the following list missing anything? Something that should not be present? Some of it feels maybe a bit excessive, but it might be necessary for when there's more sets.

Picture (I assume we also want it on the card's main page)

Name

Class name

Release ID

Rarity (Should this be separate so that someone can get a list of all Common cards from a set?)

Clan/Faction/Whatever you want to call the red and blue game symbols (Assuming it's not game-based and that the 2nd expansion will feature white and black cards)

Base stats (Attack and support values)

Name of skills - skill description

Comments

I think rarity and release ID can be combined into one.

What about the affinities and stuff?

I'll give it a try as well later on!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Wiki! I've registered an account on it, clicked the edit test link and...... I learned that I'll have to do some reading on Wiki editing to make anything worth reading.

In the todo list, I see this note:

• Allow uploading of images -in progress

Image uploads should work, but I never crossed it off the checklist ^^

Apologies for the double post.

It's been brought to my attention that somebody has created a dedicated FE Cipher wiki.

Now I'm going to be as neutral as I can. So I don't mind if people would rather help the dedicated wiki, but at the same time I'm not going to force you to jump ship either : P

Obviously, the dedicated wiki was only set up recently as well and most pages are WIPs, but they've gotten slightly ahead of us at the moment.

Objectiveness aside, I must mention that Wikia has fugly ads for non-signed in members.

Apologies for the double post.

It's been brought to my attention that somebody has created a dedicated FE Cipher wiki.

Now I'm going to be as neutral as I can. So I don't mind if people would rather help the dedicated wiki, but at the same time I'm not going to force you to jump ship either : P

Obviously, the dedicated wiki was only set up recently as well and most pages are WIPs, but they've gotten slightly ahead of us at the moment.

Objectiveness aside, I must mention that Wikia has fugly ads for non-signed in members.

Hmm... Perhaps it would be best to join forces? They have the best layouts, but we have the best information so far. And most dedicated I'd assume?

EDIT: I'm thinking perhaps we should add our so-far translations to the wiki cards? But keep posting news and translations on this thread, I guess?

Edited by DifferentFight

Do we know what community of people have started in on that wikia? I definitely don't mind collaborating, but as was mentioned this community seems to have more information and people dedicated to the cause...but then again I don't know where these other folks doing the wikia are coming from to have proper reference.

Also, I just finished Linde's card. There's been a request for the Lucina Great Lord card if I'm not mistaken? I'm hoping to get through the remainder of the nine in the Serenes gallery this weekend, but I can try to hop on that Great Lord card too.

Linde

Quote: "Father...your murderer will be brought to justice. I-I must vanquish Gharnef!"
Skill 1: "Thunder" / Beginning Phase / Once per turn / [Flip one Bond] Until the end of this turn this unit's attack increases by 10.
Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: "Mage's Emblem" / Support / Draw one card. Then, choose one card from your hand and place it in the discard pile.

Range: 1-2
Unpromoted
Mage

Title: Daughter of Pontifex Miloah
Name: Linde

EDIT: Thanks and props to Ayra for the earlier work on this card's skills.

Edited by aubergine

Do we know what community of people have started in on that wikia? I definitely don't mind collaborating, but as was mentioned this community seems to have more information and people dedicated to the cause...but then again I don't know where these other folks doing the wikia are coming from to have proper reference.

Also, I just finished Linde's card. There's been a request for the Lucina Great Lord card if I'm not mistaken? I'm hoping to get through the remainder of the nine in the Serenes gallery this weekend, but I can try to hop on that Great Lord card too.

Linde

Quote: "Father...your murderer will be brought to justice. I-I must vanquish Gharnef!"

Skill 1: "Thunder" / Beginning Phase / Once per turn / [Flip one Bond] Until the end of your turn this unit's attack increases by 10.

Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: "Mage's Emblem" / Support / Draw one card. Then, choose one card from your hand and place it in the discard pile.

Range: 1-2

Unpromoted

Mage

Title: Daughter of Pontifex Miloah

Name: Linde

Thanks for the translation again!

I talked to the founder of the wiki; it's just one person that made all the pages since they know how to wikia, but they can't really translate, so they can only provide set numbers, these awesome layouts that they have and rarities and such.

I also linked them to the thread, but they said they wouldn't want to steal translations unless the translators themselves were to put up the translations on the wiki themselves.

I don't want to be a bully, but if it's just one person, maybe they should jump to our ship XD

Also, I'm familiar with basic wiki-editing and I made a make-shift table for Chrom in the testing page.

It's in the form of a template, so to recreate the table, you just need to pilfer the code for Chrom and readjust it slightly. Or use this template:

{{FETCG0
|image =
|name =
|class =
|cost =
|attack =
|support =
|ability1 =
|ability2 =
|comment =
|}}

To modify the actual template, you can find it here. It's been a long time, but template editing might be restricted to mods... I'm not really sure.

I don't want to be a bully, but if it's just one person, maybe they should jump to our ship XD

Also, I'm familiar with basic wiki-editing and I made a make-shift table for Chrom in the testing page.

It's in the form of a template, so to recreate the table, you just need to pilfer the code for Chrom and readjust it slightly. Or use this template:

{{FETCG0
|image =
|name =
|class =
|cost =
|attack =
|support =
|ability1 =
|ability2 =
|comment =
|}}

To modify the actual template, you can find it here. It's been a long time, but template editing might be restricted to mods... I'm not really sure.

You have a good point... although they do seem to have a lot of cards (and even some that I haven't seen pictures of) already stored in the wiki. I'll ask.

Hello! I'm the one who started up that FE0 wiki. I did it on behalf of a partner of mine who is also interested in cipher (but due to limited language, doesn't quite know his way around English wikis.) The wiki is only a couple of days old and I've simply been putting placeholders with the help of another friend. I didn't expect to work on that wiki entirely alone and was hoping for future contributions down the road as more information was known. But if it seems like it would be pointless to have the wiki when there is already so much going on here, I can discuss ceasing its operation with my partner. He has great ambitions and ideas for what he wants to do, but not the community to back it.

Edited by MaerynSen

Hello! I'm the one who started up that FE0 wiki. I did it on behalf of a partner of mine who is also interested in cipher (but due to limited language, doesn't quite know his way around English wikis.) The wiki is only a couple of days old and I've simply been putting placeholders with the help of another friend. I didn't expect to work on that wiki entirely alone and was hoping for future contributions down the road as more information was known. But if it seems like it would be pointless to have the wiki when there is already so much going on here, I can discuss ceasing its operation with my partner. He has great ambitions and ideas for what he wants to do, but not the community to back it.

Hello, thanks for posting and for sharing your wiki : )

I personally don't mind either way, so I'll let the community decide. Although I would lean slightly towards my wiki--not because I want to monopolise the content, but mainly because I can't stand Wikia's ads for guests.

There's bots(vandals?) on the SF wiki already, so fast.

Man, it was never this bad.

Sorry guys, I'm going to disable user registrations and ability to make pages until I clean things out. Then I'll re-enable page creation, but keep user registration disabled until I speak to Jyosua about upping the security...

{{FETCG0
|image =
|name =
|class =
|cost =
|attack =
|support =
|ability1 =
|ability2 =
|comment =
|}}

Sorry for double posting, but it seems that only mods can edit the template... I'd like to add range and flavour texts, and affinities would be nice to add as well. Also Promotion Cost.

EDIT: Damn, the bots thing sounds bad :(

Edited by DifferentFight

Changes implemented. Let me know if it looks good.

I wasn't too sure about the ordering, since it's kind of interchangeable.

Also, there were so many fields, I had to add an extra column : P

Note: "Promotion" stands for "Promotion Costs" at the moment. I figured it would look nicer if it didn't go over into the next row.

Yeah, the bot invasion is very inconvenient. I originally disabled user registration because we kept getting bots. But we've never had 1 a minute like today...

Changes implemented. Let me know if it looks good.

I wasn't too sure about the ordering, since it's kind of interchangeable.

Also, there were so many fields, I had to add an extra column : P

Note: "Promotion" stands for "Promotion Costs" at the moment. I figured it would look nicer if it didn't go over into the next row.

Yeah, the bot invasion is very inconvenient. I originally disabled user registration because we kept getting bots. But we've never had 1 a minute like today...

Nice!

I'll add more pages of the cards using your layout once the page adding is enabled again.

Okay, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, but I've been forced to temporarily disable editing of any kind.

Also, there is a possibility I may have to ask everyone to either re-register or provide me with your wiki username, because there are too many bot users and it's probably impossible to find the legit accounts amongst them.

To be on the safe side, I've saved a backup of the FETCG front page, testing page and card template. In case we need to rollback the wiki or anything serious.

I need to log off very soon to prepare for an event tomorrow and I can't leave the wiki vulnerable to bots while I'm gone.

Again, apologies. I really wanted to work on the wiki as well, but somebody just had to ruin the fun...

With luck, Jyosua will see my message and have a battle plan to fix the wiki soon ^^

Okay, I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, but I've been forced to temporarily disable editing of any kind.

Also, there is a possibility I may have to ask everyone to either re-register or provide me with your wiki username, because there are too many bot users and it's probably impossible to find the legit accounts amongst them.

To be on the safe side, I've saved a backup of the FETCG front page, testing page and card template. In case we need to rollback the wiki or anything serious.

I need to log off very soon to prepare for an event tomorrow and I can't leave the wiki vulnerable to bots while I'm gone.

Again, apologies. I really wanted to work on the wiki as well, but somebody just had to ruin the fun...

With luck, Jyosua will see my message and have a battle plan to fix the wiki soon ^^

Bleh, stupid bots ruining everything...

Good luck tomorrow!

Name on the wiki is Ayra also.

I don't really mind the Wikia adds personally, but I agree that it makes more sense to have only 1 Wiki up. The English community for this game is probably too small to keep multiple wikis updated.

Thanks for the complete Linde translation! So that gives me a 100% accuracy so far! (... except for all the ones I couldn't do at all or was unsure of or...)

I was thinking...

Perhaps it might be better to use the dedicated one instead?

When people search for Fire Emblem Cipher, our wiki won't be the first thing to pop up, or at least I really doubt it.

EDIT: I also checked out Big Web, which is a website for ordering Japanese TCGs and CCGs.

They had a slightly bigger description for the booster boxes than AmiAmi did, saying that each pack comes with the following:

10 cards, 9 of which are Normal cards (I'm assuming N (normal) and HN (high normal)) and 1 Rare or above.

Perhaps it'll be Pokemon-esque with 6 Normals, 3 High Normals and 1 Rare or Above?

Edited by DifferentFight

How 'bout using the SF one for now, and once the game is officially released, make a note that says "we're over at this new place". SF is a catch-all Fire Emblem site, so having people look here for info about Cipher isn't illogical.

Perhaps HN is the equivalent of Force of Will's Uncommon rarity (looks like a common, isn't supposed to appear a lot).

I don't mind if my translations are off - it means that someone else will eventually look at it, and the more eyes on it the better.