Jump to content
Dan

Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Cipher Wiki  

189 members have voted

  1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

    • Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Waterhorse928 said:

Does that mean that if you use Grima's skill with three or less cards in your deck, you can't take any Risen?

The Grimleal ACT Once Per Turn Send the top 3 cards of your Deck in your Retreat Area. Then, choose up to 3 "Risen" cards from your Retreat Area, and add them to your hand.

Yes actually. Skrimir's skill is different since it reveals. Skrimir reveals the remainder of your deck (5 or less cards) and then, reshuffles, but you choose among the revealed and deploy any you want, send the rest to your new retreat area.
Grima's skill makes reset your deck if you only have 3 or less cards in your Retreat Area -> so if you have lets say 2 or 1 cards left in your deck, then you reshuffle, you'll mill 1 more, or 2 more cards with Grima's skill, and then take any Risen if there are any among those new cards (3 cards left in your deck with Grima's skill means that you add none because there are none).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding B17 Chrom and Marth's skill The Advance of All Heroes. The translation is either to flip 1 to deploy a card "which does not share a Symbol with any ally" or "which does not share a Color with any ally," and I wondered what this meant in terms of Colorless cards. Even if you already have a Colorless ally on the field, can you still use this skill to deploy another Colorless ally since technically neither of them have a Symbol to share?

Or am I being too technical and by both being Colorless they are still considered to share, thus you can't use the skill to deploy another?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, AllStarKnight said:

I have a question regarding B17 Chrom and Marth's skill The Advance of All Heroes. The translation is either to flip 1 to deploy a card "which does not share a Symbol with any ally" or "which does not share a Color with any ally," and I wondered what this meant in terms of Colorless cards. Even if you already have a Colorless ally on the field, can you still use this skill to deploy another Colorless ally since technically neither of them have a Symbol to share?

Or am I being too technical and by both being Colorless they are still considered to share, thus you can't use the skill to deploy another?

Thanks in advance!

Colorless cards lack symbols, so they don't actually share any symbols with each other. You can deploy infinite amounts of colorless cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Colorless cards lack symbols, so they don't actually share any symbols with each other. You can deploy infinite amounts of colorless cards.

Okay great, glad to know it does work that way. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I was wondering when Bond Skills can be used. For instance the Sigurd (B06-003HN) has the following Bond Skill:

Quote

Chalphy's Honor Bond Skill ACT Return this card to your hand. (BOND can only be used while this card is face-up in your Bond Area.)

Would I be able to get the card back to my hand at the start of my deployment phase?

I'm thinking that this can only be used during the Action Phase, because it has the ACT symbol. But there are cards with Bond Skills that work when the are added to the Bond Area, so I just want to be sure.

Edited by 341
Additional information provided

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2020 at 3:14 AM, 341 said:

Hey guys,

I was wondering when Bond Skills can be used. For instance the Sigurd (B06-003HN) has the following Bond Skill:

Would I be able to get the card back to my hand at the start of my deployment phase?

I'm thinking that this can only be used during the Action Phase, because it has the ACT symbol. But there are cards with Bond Skills that work when the are added to the Bond Area, so I just want to be sure.

Yeah not during deployment, it's as you're thinking, the ACT symbol means only during the Action Phase. The other kind you mentioned function as AUTO skills, so they only trigger under a specific condition, in this case upon being added to bonds.

There's also at least one card I know with a bond skill that is CONT instead of ACT or AUTO, where the effect remains so long as the card stays face-up in bonds (for reference, the card is Seliph B08-053HN).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...