Possibe Black Kingdom Balancing Issues?

Captain Karnage

grinding doesn't really fit in FE only place where I can see it fitting w/out problems is postgame mainly so you can train up characters you didn't use/take on high level challenges otherwise it ruins the game balance in FE...

since everyone is asking what difficulty I played on was it Hard and Classic, and I felt the only way to see every thing in the game including children really did require grinding, especially for the DLC maps

Well you said previously you needed to grind to "get anywhere" which clearly isn't the case. I do agree that if you wanted to get every single child on a single playthrough you'd probably need to do some grinding, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were some DLC maps that required it too (never did 'em myself). But there's a pretty high chance the children won't be returning, and any DLC for Nohr could easily be after any "grind-gates" are removed (it's really too early to say). So the game could easily sidestep those two concerns of yours. After all, it's what almost every FE prior to Awakening did.

I'd like to see you be able to get Galeforce on Owain without doing any grinding with Lissa first.

I think the ability to get out-of-the-way skills onto children in a timely manner probably wasn't the developers' main reason for introducing grinding, but rather a beneficial consequence. Having Owain/Brady/Inigo inherit Galeforce without grinding is still possible, but it isn't something that anyone would bother attempting on anything resembling an efficient playthrough. Grinding just speeds up the process.

I'm sure it will be fine, it just means you can't grind so much that you get ridiculously overpowered and 1-shot everything like Awakening.

Which I admit I'll miss on the Nohr path but its coo'.

My avatar capped strength (is a Swordmaster with Swordfaire) before chapter twelve. Edited by SamusAran

I'd like to see you be able to get Galeforce on Owain without doing any grinding with Lissa first.

Bitch I got Galeforce on Maribelle to pass to Lucina by chapter 13 Hard Mode nogrind

git

gud

I'm sure it will be fine, it just means you can't grind so much that you get ridiculously overpowered and 1-shot everything like Awakening.

Which I admit I'll miss on the Nohr path but its coo'.

Kinda depends on the (given offense) growth of Kamui. a +Str Robin has 70% STR growth as Merc/Hero and can go up to 80% as Wyvern Knight/Lord, and in my Lunatic+ nogrind run she was able to oneshot everything in chapters 7-10 inclusive, excluding those with Pavise+ with just an iron sword after her chapter 6 promotion. It was a nice way for me to grab sol before heading into Bow Knight while utterly disregarding Counter.
Edited by Thor Odinson

I assume 'git gud' implies healspam?

Healspam until level 10, and use better-than-heal staves whenever you can, with priority on Chrom to get C rank support asap, use the renown seal that usually goes to MU to go immediately into Peg (MU took the chapter 8 one instead) and take Frederick as a support partner to ease 10 levels into Peg and have other units set up kills for her. Take the earliest possible Master seal and just spam tomes after dark flier. Keep Fred around for the defense. Get priority on kills and bosses, as well. I think I managed Galeforce right in chapter 13 just in time for the Lucina recruitment.

I mean yeah it was hardly optimal but that was like my 5th run then and I'm just dicking around with pairings at that point.

In case of Lissa, since she'll never have to rush Galeforce by 13 for Lucina, she can take a slightly more lenient route and take the chapter 8 second seal instead. Fred's a really great pairup in general, but he's incredibly effective on pegasus knights. Level 10/1 Maribelle had comparable bases to base Sumia (rip Maribelle) but even then she was still able to do decent enough damage with a Fred support.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think that even if there is an issue with that, then it'll be more fun. Also, Nohr side might have slightly more powerful characters to begin with, since there wouldn't be grinding. Also, they said the Nohr side was good for people familiar with fire emblem. Since you are on this forum at all, you should be fine. :)

I think that even if there is an issue with that, then it'll be more fun. Also, Nohr side might have slightly more powerful characters to begin with, since there wouldn't be grinding. Also, they said the Nohr side was good for people familiar with fire emblem. Since you are on this forum at all, you should be fine. :)

I honestly hope Nohr has some Thracia level dickery to compensate for it being for previous FE players (I'm playing Hoshido first due to its characters though).

My question in regards to this is that in the digital version in Japan the first 6 chapters are done and then you make the decision as to which side you choose. But prior to that, in those 6 chapters, what is it like, the Nohr style or the Hoshido style?

Edited by Asoleos

My question in regards to this is that in the digital version in Japan the first 6 chapters and then you make the decision as to which side you choose. But prior to that, in those 6 chapters, what is it like, the Nohr style or the Hoshido style?

it may be more akin to the later 3rd route we are going to get, sadly I dno.

I honestly hope Nohr has some Thracia level dickery to compensate for it being for previous FE players (I'm playing Hoshido first due to its characters though).

Fatiigguuueee auofhaiufbayiabfauyvfauif What kind of dickery was in that game only FE game I haven't beat still sitting in my box, I'll open it someday...

Oh please no! I got as far as the tiles that teleports you to deathtraps without an escape beside a Warp staff... And those tiles are completely unmarked. I'm not interested in having to replay the same stage a ton of times to mark the trap spaces. I've played a lot of strategy games, but I don't recall having seen anything worse than those invisible teleport squares ever.

Honestly, Grinding/World Map should be cut. If grinding has to be done, I wouldn't mind the return of the Arena (Just please make it less exploitable). As for balance, I don't like the idea of Streetpass returning as it encourages grinding and breaking the game. What we need is balanced multiplayer, 1 mode for Hoshido, 1 for Nohr that pits 2 teams against each other. Code Name STEAM actually did this quite effectively and that game is inferior to FE in many regards. If we could get multiplayer built on the foundation of strategy as opposed to grind spamming and breaking the game with skills like Galeforce.

Fatiigguuueee auofhaiufbayiabfauyvfauif What kind of dickery was in that game only FE game I haven't beat still sitting in my box, I'll open it someday...

I actually love the fatigue system and dismount, but since Kaga is no longer director (super long gone i might add). I doubt those will ever be seen again. Don't worry.

Oh please no! I got as far as the tiles that teleports you to deathtraps without an escape beside a Warp staff... And those tiles are completely unmarked. I'm not interested in having to replay the same stage a ton of times to mark the trap spaces. I've played a lot of strategy games, but I don't recall having seen anything worse than those invisible teleport squares ever.

I was speaking more for fog of war and less super dickish surprises then the warp panels lol. Those are legit bullshit, and I wouldn't want that back. Edited by Jedi