Aqua's Song

Thane

Hello, chaps!

So we've all heard the dancer lady, now known at least temporarily as Aqua, sing. If you haven't seen the translation yet, here's a like to one: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/fire-emblem-if-dancers-song-translation/(I should point out that it's not made by me).

Now, the reason as to why I'm creating this thread is to not only discuss the importance of the lyrics, but also the possibility of the song itself having some form of significance à la The Legend of Zelda.

I haven't seen people discuss that here yet. In the trailer, she sings on a bridge and, I don't know how else to describe it, a light emits on the water's surface, traveling outwards which affects the lake, making it look perfectly still after she's done. In the next shot her necklace glitters and starts moving skywards before she turns around and is interrupted by Kamui and her thighs.

Might this have any sort of meaning, or am I just sounding like a crazy person?

It's a song so naturally some words are going to sound distorted from how they sound in spoken form but even so, some parts of that transcription seemed off. It sounds mostly spot on though.

so was the LoZ thing a joke, or do you think it actually has some significance? as far as the song is concerned, it sounds like one of those "future telling prophecy songs".

so was the LoZ thing a joke, or do you think it actually has some significance? as far as the song is concerned, it sounds like one of those "future telling prophecy songs".

No, I meant what I said about the song itself having special powers. Like I stated in the original post, you can see her singing having an effect on the water and her necklace. I'm just raising a possibility, of course, since in a universe with magic there can be an infinite amount of explanations for what happens during her little performance.

Who knows I doubt its anything backwards like the Goddess Song in Skyward Sword. Does anyone know if she's singing in Japanese or is it just a made up language?

As you can see in the original post, I provided a translation of it and said this would be a place to discuss both the lyrics and if the song itself has some kind of power, or if it's just part of Aqua's abilities.

I'm guessing that the dancer lady will be kinda like Ninian was in FE7. On the battlefield she'll function like Olivia with the ability to make units move again while being a pivotal part of the story. It would be interesting to see if the song she is singing will be like the Galdrs in Tellius or the like. The part about the Golden sword kinda make me wonder about if the song she sings has the power to awaken the blade or something like that.

I'm guessing that the dancer lady will be kinda like Ninian was in FE7. On the battlefield she'll function like Olivia with the ability to make units move again while being a pivotal part of the story. It would be interesting to see if the song she is singing will be like the Galdrs in Tellius or the like. The part about the Golden sword kinda make me wonder about if the song she sings has the power to awaken the blade or something like that.

I'm not sure. I mean, in several cutscenes, she's shown to wield a lance and staff. Dancers have never used anything other than a sword, if they wield a weapon at all.

...Maybe she's a Lord variant. Or "dancer" could be a descriptor, not a class.

Eh? We've only seen her with the lance in two pieces of artwork so far.

That's not what I've heard.

...Also, cutscenes, I guess, is probably a bad choice of words.

Hello, chaps!

So we've all heard the dancer lady, now known at least temporarily as Aqua, sing. If you haven't seen the translation yet, here's a like to one: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/04/06/fire-emblem-if-dancers-song-translation/(I should point out that it's not made by me).

Now, the reason as to why I'm creating this thread is to not only discuss the importance of the lyrics, but also the possibility of the song itself having some form of significance à la The Legend of Zelda.

I haven't seen people discuss that here yet. In the trailer, she sings on a bridge and, I don't know how else to describe it, a light emits on the water's surface, traveling outwards which affects the lake, making it look perfectly still after she's done. In the next shot her necklace glitters and starts moving skywards before she turns around and is interrupted by Kamui and her thighs.

Might this have any sort of meaning, or am I just sounding like a crazy person?

I think this is going to be the story of the game. It is about Kamui, a person from vague lineage, who chooses to reach for the light. He/she chooses not to be evil, no matter their past, and they choose to ensure the existence of a tomorrow for those they care about. Kamui uses the Yatogami, and his/her purity to slash the bonds that hold everyone back. He cuts people's ties to their nations, because what matters is family. what matters is getting along, but Kamui can only make everyone realize by becoming close with them, and listening to their hopes and dreams. Kamui's goal is to show everyone that they have no reason to obey a tyrant, and they should be free. Kamui is the one man sunrise, and he/she is going to extinguish the darkness that Garon thrives on. Basically, even though Kamui is a dark prince/princess, even though under all circumstances, they should be corrupted as well, Kamui is not. It is the soft light in Kamui's soul that guides them to choose the right path. That's what it's all about, right? Choices. Whatever you choose will greatly affect the game right? because our choices affect our lives. Kamui can go with Hoshido, or Nohr, or neither at all, but their life purpose is always the same. Kamui exists to chase the darkness away, and bring prosperity. And whatever happens, whoever Kamui is with, whoever Kamui loves, or despises does not matter. In a way, the song and game are about our own lives. We can make whatever choices we want, who our friends are, who our family is, where we live, what job we have, but the main story of our life will be the same. It is black and white, just like the kingdoms. will we and Kamui choose to be evil, or triumph over it and help everyone else triumph as well? I think everyone already knows the answer. The song is significant. It foreshadows and lays out the entire plot of the game. :)