Possible mission objectives?

CrownEther93

targeting killing (either "keep VIP alive but kill others" or "kill VIP with minimal collateral damage") actually sounds like it'd be pretty cool, as long as the combo of the requirements + AI weren't TOO rage-inducing

I mean it's been a thing before, informally at least, but formal mission objectives like that could be interesting

Part of the problem I see in "No Collateral damage" missions is FE combat isn't really set up to handle that. When a unit you don't want to kill attacks you, you don't have any option besides auto-countering (unless you remove all weapons). I'd like for there to be a defend option where you take half damage from an attack but don't counter.

Part of the problem I see in "No Collateral damage" missions is FE combat isn't really set up to handle that. When a unit you don't want to kill attacks you, you don't have any option besides auto-countering (unless you remove all weapons). I'd like for there to be a defend option where you take half damage from an attack but don't counter.

PoR did it well, in a chapter you go into a Daein chapel pretty much, the boss takes all the priests hostage.

They are set up in the middle mostly with a few on the side, they do not attack you other than their leader who is a bishop. He doesn't move though.

Now you can just kill through them all, or you can carefully use shove and go around them and kill the boss. Doing this gets you extra dialogue and a really good stave

PoR did it well, in a chapter you go into a Daein chapel pretty much, the boss takes all the priests hostage.

They are set up in the middle mostly with a few on the side, they do not attack you other than their leader who is a bishop. He doesn't move though.

Now you can just kill through them all, or you can carefully use shove and go around them and kill the boss. Doing this gets you extra dialogue and a really good stave

I'd forgotten about that mission, haven't played PoR in ages. I was thinking more like Part 2 Chapters 1 and 3 in RD, where you aren't supposed to kill the volunteer soldiers (ch. 1) or the enemy soldiers (ch. 3). Short of completely unequipping your stuff there's nothing you can do to stop them from killing themselves by attacking you. It's fine in those instances because the only reward is some BEXP, but if that was a chapter objective? Would be rage inducing.

From having only played 3 fire emblem games, I was wondering what already existing mission objectives they could implement into the new game. Fire Emblem Awakening had a large majority of its mission objectives as simply rout all the enemies, but I think the nature of the new game, Fire Emblem If, and how it's split into two stories opens up a lot of possibilities in terms of mission objectives for each map. For instance, having a map in the Nohr version with the condition that you have to assassinate a Hoshidan royal or a corrupt individual within the Nohr government in a specific number of turns or have you rescuing captured allies from the opposing side with a limited number of allies (maybe only 1? lol). These ideas probably exist elsewhere in other Fire Emblem games, but what kind of mission objectives or clear conditions (pre-existing or completely new) would you like to see in FE If?

A duo infiltrating a stronghold all stealth-like sound new. that would be awesome. :)