Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Yo guys. I finished recording Ragefest Revengeance. This is definitely a contender for winning Ragefest.

I think I'm gonna make this 4 parts in total.

Still blown away by the response my submission has received. In hindsight, since I made this like 7 months ago now there's most certainly parts of it I look back on that I'm not very satisfied with and I'm kind of anxious to see your reactions to them but holy fuck, I couldn't have ever imagined some of the praise people have given the hack. Almost every post in this thread talking about it has blown my mind, for real. :U

So even though I kinda already said this in my last post, thank you again to everyone. It really does mean a lot to me! <3

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still blown away by the response my submission has received. In hindsight, since I made this like 7 months ago now there's most certainly parts of it I look back on that I'm not very satisfied with and I'm kind of anxious to see your reactions to them but holy fuck, I couldn't have ever imagined some of the praise people have given the hack. Almost every post in this thread talking about it has blown my mind, for real. :U

So even though I kinda already said this in my last post, thank you again to everyone. It really does mean a lot to me! <3

Hey, you put in the effort, you get the praise. It's that simple. It's clear you thought out your level design and writing really well.

I already want the download link for your ragefest rom hack. I am already impressed by what I have seen. Waiting for marc to upload the rest is driving me crazy. I just feel like the awesomeness oozing out of this submission compared to the rest that was already played.

Hey everyone, I have a question.

How do y'all prefer my footage to be edited?

I've been looking at the Ragefest Revengeance footage, and I don't know what to edit out. Much of the footage is at worst fairly interesting to watch, but there is also too much footage for my comfort. =X

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Hey everyone, I have a question.

How do y'all prefer my footage to be edited?

I've been looking at the Ragefest Revengeance footage, and I don't know what to edit out. Much of the footage is at worst fairly interesting to watch, but there is also too much footage for my comfort. =X

Cut as little as possible. I personally really enjoy Rondo of Madness length videos.

I still say my favorite way for you to edit stuff is to do live - post commentary where you flip in between the two, literally commentating on yourself.

I do think most people here actually prefer longer episodes though. I know I do. I miss the days of 50+ minute videos encompassing an entire submission, but that's just me and is probably overkill lol.

I do think that you trying to gun for a half hour+ is good though, imo.

Aka don't cut something unless it's just not interesting, or is redundant. If it's redundant but interesting, pop it in as a small clip.

Edited by Ritisa

Yeah I understand the desire for smaller videos, get something out so people can get content, without you having to play an entire thing at once. But you've already played it, you have the footage, so I'd be all for a longer video. I will say that some earlier submissions that were a couple small videos felt like they could've been one longer one, but maybe that's just me too.

My stance against longer videos is that they are a bigger time commitment, and people are less likely to watch it all the way through. Though, that doesn't seem to effect my fellow youtuber Mangs.

I'm still gonna do my best to cut things down, but this is definitely gonna be a hefty video no matter what.

For something like Revengeance, I think a longer video is better, actually. Considering the whole thing is like one large "make your own adventure" kind of thing with the little sidequests, it seems like a longer video would be more immersive for it, rather than cutting off and coming back to it in parts.

I know I know. I'm just... When I see a video that long, I can't help but feel like there's stuff I need to remove from it. So far I'm finding very little though.

Another reason why I prefer my videos being shorter is cause it makes them more rewatchable in the future. Like. It's easier to binge watch.

I usually stop watching videos if there's nothing of interest going on or it's repetitive. If the 43 mins is one attempt and you don't spend a lot of time thinking about your next move, there's no need to cut it down imo.

EDIT: Split it into two parts, maybe.

Edited by Tricky Drick

Wow... That's a bit disappointing. He was the MarkyJoe before MarkyJoe. The FE hack reviewing guy before me. He was more or less the reason I made Fire Mumblem.

He's kind of important to this contest when you think about it!