Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the whole video... and I gotta say, barring the Gingerwood one's sense of discovery, I think that's the one whose gameplay I would have enjoyed the most playing myself (up to Cantoforce anyway). I dunno, that's the vibe I got from it.

Plus, Anima subtriangle.

Edited by Mr. Mister

i really like the idea of generic allies, but everything else about the hack seems abit...off, i can't quite put my finger on it.

you know, like its trying really hard in every area but its coming up barely short from the "oh hey this is actually funny" or the "oh hey this is actually good design" or "oh hey this is actually music that i remember"

like not bad at all honestly, but nothing has really stood out,more so compared to the last one.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

i really like the idea of generic allies, but everything else about the hack seems abit...off, i can't quite put my finger on it.

you know, like its trying really hard in every area but its coming up barely short from the "oh hey this is actually funny" or the "oh hey this is actually good design" or "oh hey this is actually music that i remember"

like not bad at all honestly, but nothing has really stood out,more so compared to the last one.

Yeah you pretty much summed up my thoughts about this hack. It's too "meh" to stand up to something like Emblem Warriors or Lyn's Revenge in terms of game design, or to Tale of Purt or Revengeance in terms of comedy. Not to say I didn't enjoy watching it, and it did have some funny moments, it just doesn't get my vote.

Either way, the prisoners were hilarious.

-Owning a team of 6 Arceus

-Playing Smash with a Wiimote (this one's probably my fave)

-Being a stereotypical Brony

-Turning yourself into a (possibly underage, I haven't watched Naruto) girl

The moment Valkyria Chronicles music started playing got me sitting up and paying attention though; I don't know why, but that was one of my favourite tunes in the series. But it didn't grab my interest enough to let me watch the entire video (yet).

pretty much all the recent posts addressed my concerns. with that i believe we will be seeing bigger, better, and nastier submissions.

coming soon to a ragefest near you, crazy shenanigans like this!

Especially with FEXNA on the horizon.

I see wonderful things for the future of Ragefest.

and by "on the horizon" I mean "within the decade"

wow

everybody posting these glorious animations

i guess i need to do the same once i have something worth showing

...marky, since you may see this, how much excessive wind flaring would you like your ridiculously long hair to have?

like, charge enemy and then hair all completely whiplashes forward, covering enemies with it? :V

Make the hair flow realistically and naturally. I don't like when it just defies logic. It takes away the elegance.

but it is realistic for when you come to a sudden stop for things to lash forward.

It's just I'm thinking of a downward-forward charge, so the sudden stop would flick forward and ever so slightly upwards.

My own hair often flies itself a fair distance into my vision when I'm running and then halt, so that's where I was basing the idea from.

But since I haven't gotten particularly close to starting the hair physics anyway it's all the same to me ='w'=

Er. Sorry. I... I wasn't paying much attention >.<

I'm playing Nohr Fates on lunatic, and this is actually really fucking good.

From the sound of the animation... I really look forward to it. XP

Do you love the soundtrack?

Right now even if I can't play Fates, giving an old fire emblem a Fates soundtrack suddenly makes it 10x cooler.

Hey Marc, maybe you could add links to the submissions' patches to the original post (with the authors' permission for publicity of course)? Might help with the recency thing a little, people will at least be able to experience the submissions for themselves.

http://markyjoe1990.elementfx.com/?page=ragefestivlisting

I updated the Ragefest list.

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but Trapped In Painful Painfuls is not disqualified. The only disqualified submission is Marc's Precious.

As for submission creators, IMPORTANT!!!

I want to host every submission, but I need permission from each creator! If you made a submission, let me know if you want yours hosted on my website. I think it's very important to keep every submission together so they're easy to find and people can play them, both to help them better judge the submission and for historical purposes (that doesn't sound pretentious at all).

If you want to fix and update your submission, I fully understand and I'm giving you permission to. EXCEPT for F*EXE since I haven't played it yet.

So yeah, plz say yes and stuff.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

TEcjzza.png

historical purposes

Now I'm imagining a 25th century archeologist finding your website in the ruins of the Web 2.0 and speculating about their purpose.

Shit, forgot that submissions are gonna be hosted.

I say no atm.

not untill I recompiled the project.

To decrease the size of the thing.

one character means one bit:

r a g e f e s t

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

But really I want to change thing or two about it before I make my release.

Don't worry, not gameplay related.