Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Yeah. She also mentioned that she didn't realize the submissions people and I actually want are more fair, but still difficult funny hacks rather than stuff that's unplayable.

EDIT: quality post complete, Hylian.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaand here's the extra video for Trapped In Painful Places. I do it savestateless~

Also while we're at it, I decided to do a fun little drawing of Mari

5f808cbf5a.png

I gave her twintails cause that's Mari's preferred/default hair style. Not sure why it's down in her portrait. =X

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I almost feel like that video should have some sort of epilepsy warning... man...

Uhhhh... Miss chance is exactly what it says it is... unless... unless the weapon triangle gets involved???

Yeah, I have no idea.

I did particularly enjoy the n00b showing up, then again, that just shows how bad my taste in humor is.

i liked n00b showing up too

I hope they have some form of hilarity imbued within their existence besides the existence itself.

So. Anyone wanna guess how the hit rates work in this game?

Well, the displayed hit rates seem to increase as the hit rate of the weapon equipped increases.

So at least that tenant is still around.

Terrain seemed to reduce hit rates, as well.

So... since I'm not in the mood to figure it out by trawling the videos for extended time, I'll go with...

Weapon_Hit + Skill*2 + Luck/2 - Enemy Avoid - Enemy Terrain = Displayed Hit

This works with Jimmy (~9:10 in pt1), Pichu (~9:32 in pt1), Markc (~10:04 in pt1), Smilies (~10:25 in pt1), and Raisen (~10:42 in pt1).

Avoid seems to have a different formula (from AS*2 + Luck). Jimmy has 10 more Avoid than this formula accounts for, Markc and Smilies 1 more, though it works for Pichu, Raisen has one less than she should by that formula...

But those differences could easily just be skills or supports, and without more data / more accessible data figuring it out is too hard to be worth it to me. :V

Admittedly how hitting interacts with displayed hit is a mystery and a pretty unsolvable-seeming one to me.

Edited by Eliwan

I do actually want to see how it ends. I'll acknowledge that it's just a bit on the BS side to be fun to play though. The thing is, I really like pretty much every idea it's shown so far, even stacked together as they are (possibly with the exception of Reisen's 3d vision thing, once I stopped laughing and realised it was going to be pretty much constant. That was determined to give me migraine). But it just goes on a teensy bit too long, and once the novelty wears off it looks like it becomes an endless tedium of despair. Seriously, how far were you through Marc? A quarter at most? If it was essentially a small arena that you could clear in, say, 20 minutes, then it would probably be great.

So just so everyone knows, PwnageKirby is editing the submission. I requested that she strictly edit it so that convenient features are restored and iteration time is reduced.

Let's see how this goes.

Mari was too impatient to wait for me to even get off the train so she went and readded most of the conveniences. I'm just taking a quick scrub through the game to see if that broke anything (guess what, it actually did break one of the events that relied on battle animations. I fixed it, but I want to make sure there's nothing else like it)

Don't worry, Reisen's 3d vision is gone.

RageFest Entry 15: Capcom Misery Strategy. :D

It has interesting ideas, it's just there seems to be too many enemies so progress is too slow to really be noteworthy for the most part, and there's a whole lot of nothing happening considering how much fighting is going on. There's no real sub goals in the chapter, so the only thing you can do is rush to beat Kirby , and the enemies are simply in the way. Many of them don't rush you, and there aren't really any interesting enemy reinforcements adding to the tedious nature of the submission.

I think that's why you're getting a bit bored while playing it to be honest. That said, I do like the idea of double edged skills like Raisen's.

• 2 weeks later...

So uh... first thing's first. Happy birthday to me...?

Now for some unfortunate news.

PwnageKirby edited the submission. I played it with my friend Maritisa a few days ago and... even with all the edits which greatly decrease iteration time and tedium, the submission still triggered the appearance of the loathed "MiseryJoe1990", this time at full force. The footage I recorded, which is 47 minutes long raw, consists heavily of me complaining endlessly about the submission's faults, with the same amount of enthusiasm as that guy from the clear eyes commercial, with almost no progress. Even my co-commentator, whom I brought in hopes of lightening the mood with her adorable voice and chipper attitude, was brought down by my demeanor, and I'm pretty sure the footage cannot be salvaged aside from a very select few moments where I try to muster what little spirit I have left to say something funny.

It's been, like, a week since I recorded the third part and I... feel absolutely no desire to go back to the submission. It's just not worth it no matter how many justifications there are. I don't even know if I'll edit and upload a third part.

... So here's what I've done. I spoke to a couple people about it, and the end result is that Maritisa and HeyItsKyo want to do a duel commentary on the submission, or record the game and show it to me. At this point, this is the best I can ask for. Yes, there are people who want me to play the submission, and blindly too, but let me be clear here; Nothing of quality will come from that.

So yeah... I feel pretty bad cause I feel like I let everyone down, but I believe this is for the best.

I spoke to PwnageKirby. She understands the situation and has more or less given me permission to just move on. Props to her for being a good sport, especially after I viciously and irrationally trashed her submission in the my Chronicles Of Lussaria group chat. >_<

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

You might be suffering from Post Ragefest Stress Disorder, or PRSD. 2 letters short and even less treatable, I feel as though that once you started to play it with all the edits, you started having War Flashbacks to the first playthrough. That's incurable, and I have doubts whether you'll ever pick it up again. Also, happy birthday, Mark.

happy bday marky

You might be suffering from Post Ragefest Stress Disorder, or PRSD. 2 letters short and even less treatable, I feel as though that once you started to play it with all the edits, you started having War Flashbacks to the first playthrough. That's incurable, and I have doubts whether you'll ever pick it up again. Also, happy birthday, Mark.

I endorse this