Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Oh trust me, trust me. No you don't.

He was so absolutely insufferably negative to the point that even I wouldn't ever rewatch this video if he did it.

It'd be bad for youtube, bad for his image, and just... yeah no I don't even want Marc to attempt it anymore. It was quite possibly the worst trainwreck of an attempt at commentary I've ever seen Marc do. All he did the entire time was mope and complain and rather than get any reaction out of him the stuff that was meant to, well, get a reaction out of him, just made him go all "Oh, look at this shit. Well, time to reload my fucking savestate and try again." Because yeah that's basically what the submission wants, but... Holy fucking shit he was the most apathetic and unenthused Marc you'll (hopefully n)ever see.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that bad?

Holy shit lmao. I honestly feel like the hack should win the award of being the worst of the worst of all time . Just because it didn't happen on accident, but had effort put in to being that terrible and forced marc to be plainly clear on what he wants in future submissions.

that bad?

Holy shit lmao. I honestly feel like the hack should win the award of being the worst of the worst of all time . Just because it didn't happen on accident, but had effort put in to being that terrible and forced marc to be plainly clear on what he wants in future submissions.

i approve of this award, you don't just sweep this under the rug when its such a big deal, i'm not asking for a video of it, but acknowledgement on the awards that it was truly that bad.

and wow i expected nothing from MP's ending and i was still let down.

I theorize that there are two reasons mine was disqualified, those being that Marc wanted a reason to point to to not have to complete the submission, and that he doesn't want a repeat of...

Fun fact, he had intended to disqualify Marc's Special Day. But when he didn't, and it won the contest, it set a negative precedent for future submissions--mine in particular. I referenced that game numerous times, using it as a gauge of what I could get away with.

Even if it's an award for being bad, giving an award to badness encourages badness because the message it sends to future submitters is, if I make something bad, I can still get recognition, and that's not what we want people to think with the revamped rules.

I should not have let Marc's Special Day go scott free after all that cryptic nonsense it threw at me (Duke Nukem, talk to soldier, etc.). That was, like, probably one of the stupidest things I ever did.

But lemme be clear here. Even if F*EXE wasn't disqualified, I would not have gone through playing it because the problems that ultimately led to my decision aren't necessarily related to rule breaking, but rather the fact that it's unenjoyable to play and to watch, and it is an enormous time commitment just to make even a little progress.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

(the time commitment probably can't be understated, you guys have noooo idea some of the things that happen later that very likely waste hours upon hours. It's very easy to tell looking at the game that it was made in a time when Marc didn't have nearly as much going on, and was meant to be unreasonable even then)

I should not have let Marc's Special Day go scott free after all that cryptic nonsense it threw at me (Duke Nukem, talk to soldier, etc.). That was, like, probably one of the stupidest things I ever did.

At least Marc's Special Day was (in my opinion) entertaining to watch. ℱ⋆ℰℵℰ... got old real fast. (although the blender was amusing... what was even up with that?)

Edited by Hunter Nightblood

Alright, so my next objective is to get as many Ragefest submissions hosted. Here's the current status on which ones I can host, shown here: http://markyjoe.com/?page=ragefestivlisting

The only people I need a response from now are the following:

Baldrick

SuperSonic1212

While I fetch replies from them, I'm gonna start setting up the submissions to be hosted. By later tonight, most of them should be available to play.

That sounds like it could be interesting to play through I'm actually looking forward to that...

You know, now that I think about it, I'm surprised at how calm I managed to be upon reaching that ending now that you point that out. I guess I was simply too relieved that it was done. Also, that Oddworld commentary is hilarious. I love how when you're like not so hot at a game EEW is really good at it. It's funny.

I theorize that there are two reasons mine was disqualified, those being that Marc wanted a reason to point to to not have to complete the submission, and that he doesn't want a repeat of...

Fun fact, he had intended to disqualify Marc's Special Day. But when he didn't, and it won the contest, it set a negative precedent for future submissions--mine in particular. I referenced that game numerous times, using it as a gauge of what I could get away with.

Even if it's an award for being bad, giving an award to badness encourages badness because the message it sends to future submitters is, if I make something bad, I can still get recognition, and that's not what we want people to think with the revamped rules.

no no you misunderstand, your submission was so bad, it sparked a revolution. kind of like the dark ages of confusion then the age of enlightenment happened because it got so bad, one realized things had to change or ragefest was going to die and I feel like without your submission, marc would have kept talking about it but never sitting down and hammer out better rules. I honestly feel like not just any terrible on purpose submission could have done that.

so it would win like say the "necessary evil" award. an award so rare it can never be won again and will cause future submissions that try to follow it to be instantly disqualified. that kind of thing. It will forever be the submission that forced the contest to have far better rules.

Edit: also ah hahahahahaha that plot hole ending, that would piss you off ah hahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by MrNight48

no no you misunderstand, your submission was so bad, it sparked a revolution. kind of like the dark ages of confusion then the age of enlightenment happened because it got so bad, one realized things had to change or ragefest was going to die and I feel like without your submission, marc would have kept talking about it but never sitting down and hammer out better rules. I honestly feel like not just any terrible on purpose submission could have done that.

so it would win like say the "necessary evil" award. an award so rare it can never be won again and will cause future submissions that try to follow it to be instantly disqualified. that kind of thing. It will forever be the submission that forced the contest to have far better rules.

oh i like this idea.

Hey guys, guess what I just spent six hours working on???

DESCRIPTIONS

http://markyjoe.com/?page=ragefest

Meanwhile, I've been thinking seriously about what submission I think is the best, and I've narrowed it down to two... but holy cow I cannot decided for the life of me which one I prefer. They're both really good. >_<

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Hey guys, guess what I just spent six hours working on???

DESCRIPTIONS

http://markyjoe.com/?page=ragefest

Meanwhile, I've been thinking seriously about what submission I think is the best, and I've narrowed it down to two... but holy cow I cannot decided for the life of me which one I prefer. They're both really good. >_<

9.9/10 -IGN

Well, looks like I managed to make you rage in a whole new way there.^^

Honestly, I thought that was kinda predictable but oh well. And, in fact, I didn't think you really wanted to know it this much.

It was mostly because of the stream I did with EvilEggoWaffle, lost to time. He kept theorizing what was Marc's Precious and why it was so important for me to obtain it.

And then I started seriously thinking about it too... I texted him and told him we never find out what it is, and this was his text reponse.

"That

Is

Un

Fucking

Ceptable"

... XP

I honestly want this to be a thing, and I honestly wanna see a Marc's Precious 2 just so we can find out what it is. ;-;

Anyway, time for something I've been looking forward super much~!

Guys and girls, tell me what submissions you think should get the five awards!

Remember to look at this page on my website if you want to refresh your memory on each of the submissions. It describes them, links to their videos, and provides a download so you can play it for yourself and get to know the submission more intimately!

And remember, the five awards are as follows:

The Jester Award - Funniest Submission

Strategist Award - Most challenging, creative, and fair submission

Sadist Award - F*EXE. You know there is no contest here, but if you must know, this is for the submission that is the most insufferable and rage inducing to play.

Artist Award - Submission with the best aesthetic, which is to say... the submission that has the best "atmosphere" to it, using graphics, palette, and music choices to make a submission with great presentation.

Ragefest Award - The overall best submission, AKA your favorite one.

I'm a little hesitant to state my opinions on the matter, but if people really wanna know, I can explain which ones I think were the best before voting is over. I'm not a fan of influencing people's opinions since I much prefer that people think for themselves, but I also understand that not everyone has played, is willing to play, or is even able to play some of these submissions, and only have my videos to go off of.

I'm also a little curious on "anti" versions of these awards. Like, least sadistic, worst looking, etc. Just cause I think it's important to know what was done wrong as well as what was done right. But I also don't want people stepping on each others' toes >.>

So yeah. THIS ISN'T THE VOTE YET. That's gonna be done this upcoming tuesday, and it will be done in the youtube comments of the official voting video since I feel like strawpoll is just gonna allow people to rig votes. It also gives people the ability to state WHY they voted for certain submissions, which I am highly interested in.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990