Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

I dunno when the next part is coming up. I haven't recorded it yet.

I WILL say however that this week, I've got 4 shifts of work. 8 hours each. Not looking forward to that. Not used to having a full time job

Well, I spend about 7.5 hours in school per day, 5 days a week. Not that I appreciate it, mind you, but it doesn't seem that bad. But then again, depends on what your job is like...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that what I'm going through is underwhelming to most people. I can't say I've "gotten my life started" yet... but if it gives you more to go by, SEVA, I'm a cook at Denny's (I quit my old job at Deal$). They recently switched me to morning shift, and I'm getting saturday and sunday...

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Ugh. Man. I remember working at a restaurant. Yeah, that was definitely tiresome. Double shifts are absolute hell on your body and spirit if you ever get one. I still have remnants of a scar from having knives thrown at me by one of the waitresses that worked there. I will say that I preferred morning shifts though. It always got me through the day easier knowing that once work was over, I was done for the day. Having night shifts just left a dark cloud over me the entirety of the day.

As for ragefest, that opening was strange. I find it funny that Purt didn't think to run down below the deck and instead tried to fight the dragons. He's also part rubber ducky.

I'm pretty sure that what I'm going through is underwhelming to most people. I can't say I've "gotten my life started" yet... but if it gives you more to go by, SEVA, I'm a cook at Denny's (I quit my old job at Deal$). They recently switched me to morning shift, and I'm getting saturday and sunday...

At least you get a practical job! I just wash dishes for 5-9 hours.

Oh my god, I did it again!

For one of the parts, I recorded outside the window. I'm so mad at myself! And this time, I don't have Mari to fix my mess. ;-;

I... I think I can let it go though. I already have a lot of footage for the second map, and I could explain what little actually happened... Though, I wanna keep in the part where I talk about battle animations and skills in FE. I guess I could toss it in as a bonus content thing, but... well...

I'll figure something out, I guess.

EDIT: rerecorded that segment of the video to explain what the hell you do. I'll just include the footage where I talk about skills and animations at the end as bonus content...

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Is forcing battle animations just going to be, like, a thing, with Yetiengine games XD

(I mean to be fair, as we saw in Generic War, FEXP has the potential to act differently with them off, so keeping them one way or the other can be more reliable)

I believe things such as Nosferatu need animations on to function properly in FEXP.

I really hate leaving the animations on all the time. It's especially tedious in the final part of the submission where it's already super laggy due to the shear number of units loaded on the map.

Hopefully, if someone's still making changes to FEXP and fixing it up, they can fix the things in the game that normally only work with animations on.

That said, I also think it'd be a good idea to implement some feature in future ragefests which force you to watch new animations if you haven't seen them before. It could switch on if you didn't see the critical hits as well.

I forced animations to stay on purposefully because some weapons don't work correctly in FEXP if animations are off, but also because there are plenty of in-animation gags (like Originul's crits or the rubber-duck Dragons).

There's also new animations, like Deuter's and Purt's class upgrades and Kou, but here Originul got upgraded instead, and Kou's got skipped...

EDIT: What Marc said above me. FEXP really has a lot of limitations, but I suppose that's the trade off I get for using FEXP instead of learning to hack.

Edited by Avraxas

Yeah, and the way Nosferatu doesn't work with animations off is kind of just a demonstration of how map and battle calculations are totally separate. IIRC, even exp calculations are handled separately, which made my Xiao Emblem demo from forever ago harder than it was meant to be ^-^;

That actually sounds like a neat idea, forcing battle animations on if the game detects something special will happen, like a never-before-seen animation. Best of both worlds, there. I miiiight look into that(or bring it up with Yeti) for FEXNA so people can use it in later contest iterations and their own games. But sadly it doesn't currently exist, so tedium it is for now...

Final part is over an hour.

My goal: 20-30 minutes.

Let's GO!

EDIT: 47 minutes... I'm gonna go over this footage with a fine comb and cut out as much fat as possible.

EDIT2: Managed to get it to 42 minutes. I underestimated how much of the content was going to be necessary. Well, I'll deal. The previous parts were very short anyway.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990