Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think that, right?

It's one of those submissions that doesn't LOOK hard, but when you play it, it's a huge mess. Play it yourself and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT: Oh, and guess what? I forgot to record locally, and the video recorded onto hitbox skips constantly.

WELP. There goes that video.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

By the time he's done, he'll need to take a trip to the GHAST STATION

oooOOOOoooo

Anyway, let's get that puzzle submission finished, eh? After the door key hint, I think I can beat it without any further help. Let's hope I'm right.

Then... six submissions left.

I'd love to try to complete it if someone could give me the submission. Dx

Though that'd be just for the fun and to tell if it's doable, since I can't record. ;_;

Edited by Nintales

Details on what exactly? Do you wanna know how the video went? The reasons for disqualifications? Anything else?

yeah, having a video that explained why it was disqualified would be pretty cool, give me all of the little trigger word details, they please me.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I'm disqualifying the submission because the author has not confirmed that the submission has a consistent, working strategy to beat it, and claimed to have beaten it with "many" savestates.

On my end, the levels of RNG make this way too luck based for me to want to play it anymore. Between the bugs, the priest glitch, the general slowness of FEXP, it takes hours to make any progress at all, and it's just not worth my time at this point. The creator clearly didn't properly playtest it.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Please do not use words like that in such an offensive context. This contest isn't meant to be a skewer.

I'm disqualifying the submission because the author has not confirmed that the submission has a consistent, working strategy to beat it, and claimed to have beaten it with "many" savestates.

On my end, the levels of RNG make this way too luck based for me to want to play it anymore. Between the bugs, the priest glitch, the general slowness of FEXP, it takes hours to make any progress at all, and it's just not worth my time at this point. The creator clearly didn't properly playtest it.

but i have autism so its my privileged to use it like that.

but fine i suppose i'll remove it, thanks for the explanation.

Here we can see that someone doesn't bother to read the rules! It was clear that you must be able to beat it in 3 savestates. Marky can use 14463 savestates but it must be possible in 3 as maximum.

IIRC it was just under-tested. Perhaps fdrstar meant to try to beat it in under 3, but due to the deadline, never ended up doing so. As such, there's no known author-sanctioned way of actually beating the submission. Presumably that's the important part, so if someone didn't test their game to exactly 3 savestates, as long as they have tested and confirmed non-luck-based strategies to beating it, they should be fine?

Actually come to think of it, I don't know if you ever did, but I think you said Orange beat your game in 3, so that probably works too?