Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Maze of the Troll King is actually the earliest one, since Sigurd is FE4. The Troll Kings are ancient undying beings with unlimited abilities to shape the world, however they only arise once per platform generation to wreak trolliness upon the world. Perhaps they will arise again in the future.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I should prolly mention that I decided to compromise.

I decided to upload the part of the footage that has few cutscenes and commentary as its own segment. It has interesting gameplay stuff, and without it, we wouldn't get to see how I deal with Erk and Sain's situations. This should give us the best of both worlds.

Phew... I'm starting to realize that taking short breaks to clear my mind helps a lot. I've been so obsessed with getting these up as quickly as possible, and at the highest possible quality, that it's actually becoming a detriment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgv9wmgvXOI

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Heads-up: my entry is coming along very well (I think, anyway), but because I will obviously need to have people playtest it after it is completely finished (starting testing for the first hunk of it today though), even if I get it finished today there's a good chance that I won't be handing it in until the last day of the week-long deadline extension. Marc, this means that I need to submit it to you on the day of the 26th (before 0:00 on the 27th), or the 25th because you announced the extension on the 19th, or...? I'd hate to accidentally miss the new deadline because of technicalities.

Sorry gomen if you already said the exact details somewhere else

Edited by Alusq

I announced the contest on the 20th of April, making the deadline July 20th. The week long extension goes to the 27th. You have until July 27th, 11:59 PM EST to submit it. If you are very close to finishing it though, I might give you a tiny bit more time. I'm sure no one's gonna complain about getting an extra submission for the contest.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Understood; then I have (relatively) plenty of time. Thankies! My goal is to finish up the gameplay during the rest of today (the day that just started in eastern time), then pack in as much neat stuff as possible after handing it off to testers, adjust the gameplay as needed afterward, and then ship it out.

Speaking of which, I would like 1 or 2 quick playtesters. My submission is almost complete and I should be able to send to testing in... maybe 10 hours.

If you would help, please MP. Since the deadline is approaching fast, please only apply if you have enough time to finish the game quickly. :sweatdrop:

(By the way, it's a game made in FEXP)

Meanwhile, I must resist the urge to watch the current videos... Urgh... That's hard!!!

now he can get to my hack next :D

Now I know to leave a backup force behind if I ever play this hack. Either way, a lot of work evidently went into this hack and I applaud it. *insert more decoherent thoughts here*

and moniker is having trouble with my hack so all is going as planned

Edited by RandomSwordmaster

The end looked pretty chaotic. I like it that way.

Shanna can easily laugh at these puny archers.

The Denning thingy was really funny, and I laughed for a while during the FE14 reference.

Popping in to thank Klok for posting part 2.

Not sure what submission I'm gonna do next... I'll need time to prepare for Lumamaster's submission since I have work tomorrow and possibly the day after, and I want it to be done on a day off when I'm least stressed. In the mean time, I can try other people's submissions, but the work and stress factor still applies.