Fire Emblem 4 2th gen

Peter The Cool

i can answer at least few of these.

2. all character selected skills pass on, class skills do not

3. all items pass on if the child can use them, so a swordmaster child can't make use of bows or axes.

you marry people by making sure they stick together for turns

as for who to marry? it really depends on what you want to do for the child

1: I'll give recommendations, the choices are up to you.

Aideen: Midir for pursuit and a brave bow and decent stats, Jamka for good stats and brave bow (still need pursuit ring) and Claud for rescue staff.

Ayra: Lex for Elite (I personally don't like this) Holyn for Luna and inheritance, Noish for critical, Jamka for multi-hitting purposes (although for one of them it can be achieved with Noish as well.)

Lachesis: Beowulf for strong Delmud, Fin for +5 speed convo for Nanna, Azel for good magic on Nanna (Delmud's strength isn't hurt by that much, it's still 50.)

Sylvia: Lex for tanky dancer and Elite on Corple, Claud for Valkrie Staff on Corple. Some prefer to unpair her for the berserk staff on Sharlow.

Fury: Levin for Holsety (highly recommended, easy to do), Claud for Valkryie Staff and high magic on Sety as well as B staves for Fee, Noish for Critical on Fee.

Tiltyu: Levin for early Holsety that can mount later on (Better than Sety if you're giving him the pursuit ring. It takes a long time to pair though.) Azel for strong magical and speed stats, Lex for the amazing Wrath + Vantage combo (once under 50%, most if not all enemies will die to a crit. You'll want to give a magic ring to them though.)

Briggid: Dew for beautiful stats and Bargain with Ichival, Holyn for easy to train combat Patty, Jamka for multihitting (skill leaves something to be desired though, hit problems are bad). Noish might work too but I haven't tried it out.

2: All PERSONAL skills pass down. IE Fury's pursuit will pass on because it's a personal skill. However, Jamka's pursuit won't because it's the class skill for archers.

3: All Legendary items (except Tyrfing) are passed down no matter what. All other items are passed on if the child is able to use it (so Serlis can inherit a magic ring and a hero sword, but not a physic staff.)

To marry people have them sit next to each other. Sometimes they can talk and that boosts their love points. Lex and Holyn have a conversation with Ayra in chapter 3 that nets her the hero sword if she's unpaired which also boost their love points, but Aideen has a converesation with Midir and Jamka in chapter 4 that only exists if she IS paired with one of them, so you may want to time your pairings to account for these potential rewards. Check out the website for more items and secrets and potential talk rewards.

1: I'll give recommendations, the choices are up to you.

Aideen: Midir for pursuit and a brave bow and decent stats, Jamka for good stats and brave bow (still need pursuit ring) and Claud for rescue staff.

Ayra: Lex for Elite (I personally don't like this) Holyn for Luna and inheritance, Noish for critical, Jamka for multi-hitting purposes (although for one of them it can be achieved with Noish as well.)

Lachesis: Beowulf for strong Delmud, Fin for +5 speed convo for Nanna, Azel for good magic on Nanna (Delmud's strength isn't hurt by that much, it's still 50.)

Sylvia: Lex for tanky dancer and Elite on Corple, Claud for Valkrie Staff on Corple. Some prefer to unpair her for the berserk staff on Sharlow.

Fury: Levin for Holsety (highly recommended, easy to do), Claud for Valkryie Staff and high magic on Sety as well as B staves for Fee, Noish for Critical on Fee.

Tiltyu: Levin for early Holsety that can mount later on (Better than Sety if you're giving him the pursuit ring. It takes a long time to pair though.) Azel for strong magical and speed stats, Lex for the amazing Wrath + Vantage combo (once under 50%, most if not all enemies will die to a crit. You'll want to give a magic ring to them though.)

Briggid: Dew for beautiful stats and Bargain with Ichival, Holyn for easy to train combat Patty, Jamka for multihitting (skill leaves something to be desired though, hit problems are bad). Noish might work too but I haven't tried it out.

2: All PERSONAL skills pass down. IE Fury's pursuit will pass on because it's a personal skill. However, Jamka's pursuit won't because it's the class skill for archers.

3: All Legendary items (except Tyrfing) are passed down no matter what. All other items are passed on if the child is able to use it (so Serlis can inherit a magic ring and a hero sword, but not a physic staff.)

To marry people have them sit next to each other. Sometimes they can talk and that boosts their love points. Lex and Holyn have a conversation with Ayra in chapter 3 that nets her the hero sword if she's unpaired which also boost their love points, but Aideen has a converesation with Midir and Jamka in chapter 4 that only exists if she IS paired with one of them, so you may want to time your pairings to account for these potential rewards. Check out the website for more items and secrets and potential talk rewards.

Note that you no longer gain love points after turn 50. Also, fin is playable in gen 2, and his inventory is replaced with an iron lance if you paired him, because the game tries to pass his inventory on. (if unpaired, he gets the iron lance and keeps everything else as well.) Because his inventory is pretty usefull when he joins, many people keep him unpaired. Also, keep levin away from silvia, and tiltyu away from claude. Both of those are "noob trap" pairings. (although they are still somewhat usable).

Other good aideen pairing include fin (has a +5 magic conversation with lana while still producing a good lester.), and azel (awesome lana who is good in combat). Both claude and azel result in a totaly unusable lester, though, so be warned.

Edited by sirmola

My advice to you in terms of pairings is do whatever seems like the best idea to you based the character's interactions. The 2nd generation is remarkably easy just with the characters you automatically get, so just have fun with it. Then afterwards go back and look at the suggested pairings guide, I think there's one on the site somewhere:

http://www.serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War_Pairing_Guide

It's alright, old and nothing to die for though.

If you really want to cruise through the 2nd half of the game, Momo's pairing suggestions are good, not my favorite, but good for a first playthrough.

There's one exception to the above advice, but even so, it's far from the worst pairing you can make.

You can use the fortune teller in the base to determine with whom a character has the most love points. It's as good a guide as any, really.

Be on the lookout for talk conversations, they will give you love points and sometimes items.

My advice to you in terms of pairings is do whatever seems like the best idea to you based the character's interactions. The 2nd generation is remarkably easy just with the characters you automatically get, so just have fun with it. Then afterwards go back and look at the suggested pairings guide, I think there's one on the site somewhere:

http://www.serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War_Pairing_Guide

It's alright, old and nothing to die for though.

If you really want to cruise through the 2nd half of the game, Momo's pairing suggestions are good, not my favorite, but good for a first playthrough.

I didn't mean to put them in order of bestestness just so the OP knows. Pick whatever you want, these are the "best" pairings for each.

I didn't mean to put them in order of bestestness just so the OP knows. Pick whatever you want, these are the "best" pairings for each.

Obviously, it couldn't be that way. You have Levin twice, Lex too. Though the first suggestion is mostly "best".

Noish, Lex, and Levin pair well with almost all moms. The exception is NoishxTiltyu/Sylvia and maybe LevinxBriggid. Tho Noish will want to pass down the pursuit ring if he's fathering Delmud.

Note that sword skills only pass down to Lakche, Skasaher, Patty, or Leen. So if you pair Holyn or Dew with anyone other than Ayra, Sylvia, or Briggid, Luna/Sol will not be passed down.

As for good pairings:

Aideen: Jamka is arguably her best pairing because it's quick, nets Lester a Hero Bow, and gives both kids Continue and Charge. Lester will need a Skill Ring and possibly the Pursuit Ring. Lana is good no matter what. My last Jamka!Lana was very tanky. Azel!Lana is the best Lana, but Lester is useless with that pairing.

Ayra: Noish passes down Critical and Charge which the swordtwins use very well. But he only passes B Swords to Skasaher, whereas Holyn can give him A Swords (and Balmung glitch is always fun). Any physical father is good for the twins, they're the least fuckable children.

Lachesis: Beowulf is their best father overall with Pursuit/Charge and passing Delmud A Swords. Fin's Prayer is welcome as well as the speed boost to Nanna. I have Fin kill Shagall in Chapter 3 to give Delmud a Silver Blade.

Sylvia: Claude is her standard pairing but Dew is also a solid choice because it lets Corple actually level up fast (Bargain and money from Patty/Daisy will give him a quick access to the Elite Ring).

Fury: Levin produces the best kids overall. Magic Tank!Fee and also a +5 STR conversation she gets are welcome, and Holsety Sety is wonderful. Noish makes a good physical Fee, and Sety is hard to fuck up. Claude!Fee is great with Magic Swords and is a flying B Staff user.

Tiltyu: Lex!Tinny is god, and Lex!Arthur starts out strong. He'll need the Pursuit Ring to stay good once he promotes, and maybe a Magic Ring. Otherwise, Levin. Azel is a meh choice, but if Lex and Levin are taken, Azel will be a decent enough dad.

Briggid: I love my Holyn/Briggid because Faval breaks the HP cap, and Patty can use B Swords. Any dad with Pursuit for Patty is a good choice.

Aideen: Midir is a better pairing, because Continue doesn't work with the Hero Bow anyways and he gives Pursuit (40k saved!).

Ayra: The swordtwins will always have A swords. The class has an A base anyways, and Ayra has Minor Odo blood.

Sylvia: Sylvia x Claude is OK (Claude has better pairings though), but Sylvia x Dew sucks.

Note that sword skills only pass down to Lakche, Skasaher, Patty, or Leen. So if you pair Holyn or Dew with anyone other than Ayra, Sylvia, or Briggid, Luna/Sol will not be passed down.

As for good pairings:

Aideen: Jamka is arguably her best pairing because it's quick, nets Lester a Hero Bow, and gives both kids Continue and Charge. Lester will need a Skill Ring and possibly the Pursuit Ring. Lana is good no matter what. My last Jamka!Lana was very tanky. Azel!Lana is the best Lana, but Lester is useless with that pairing.

Ayra: Noish passes down Critical and Charge which the swordtwins use very well. But he only passes B Swords to Skasaher, whereas Holyn can give him A Swords (and Balmung glitch is always fun). Any physical father is good for the twins, they're the least fuckable children.

Lachesis: Beowulf is their best father overall with Pursuit/Charge and passing Delmud A Swords. Fin's Prayer is welcome as well as the speed boost to Nanna. I have Fin kill Shagall in Chapter 3 to give Delmud a Silver Blade.

Sylvia: Claude is her standard pairing but Dew is also a solid choice because it lets Corple actually level up fast (Bargain and money from Patty/Daisy will give him a quick access to the Elite Ring).

Fury: Levin produces the best kids overall. Magic Tank!Fee and also a +5 STR conversation she gets are welcome, and Holsety Sety is wonderful. Noish makes a good physical Fee, and Sety is hard to fuck up. Claude!Fee is great with Magic Swords and is a flying B Staff user.

Tiltyu: Lex!Tinny is god, and Lex!Arthur starts out strong. He'll need the Pursuit Ring to stay good once he promotes, and maybe a Magic Ring. Otherwise, Levin. Azel is a meh choice, but if Lex and Levin are taken, Azel will be a decent enough dad.

Briggid: I love my Holyn/Briggid because Faval breaks the HP cap, and Patty can use B Swords. Any dad with Pursuit for Patty is a good choice.

I honestly don't like a lot of these pairings. LexXtiltyu is a good pairing, but it is hard to use well, especialy for a first time player. Mideer makes a better husband for aideen then jamka does, due to higher skill and pursuit. I actualy liked azel better as a huband for tiltuyu then i liked lex.

Ayra: The swordtwins will always have A swords. The class has an A base anyways, and Ayra has Minor Odo blood.

What he meant wrt the swordtwins is that both paladens can only use b swords, so these are the only ones that they can pass down, simply because they are the only ones that can be in their inventory(with the notable exception of the silver blade, which can be in anyone's inventory, because it is a drop.)

Edited by sirmola

The kid would inherit the item, but you can't buy an item you can't use. So the only items that can be passed down that way are ones dropped from a boss or gotten from a village.

The only swords Holyn!Skash can start with and Noish!Skash can't are Silver Sword and Steel Blade. It's not a huge point against him.

Edited by Baldrick

If Fin is not paired, he keeps all of his inventory and gold. If he is, everything he has is either passed down (items and weapons his son can use) or gone (weapons his son can't use). Things that are "gone" can generally be re-obtained in gen 2 through item drops by bosses and such. If you pair Fin with Brigid, read "son" as "Patty".