Most Strength-screwed Ike in PoR?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and thus this thread proves my idea of "50% growths are horrible because they are a coin flip"

I've hated this sentiment and thank god XeKr posted the graph I was too lazy to put up, but nobody gives a shit if the variance is higher if the variance is around a higher mean.

It's okay, Makalov fanboy. You can just use Eliwood and Roy instead of Ike and know that their Strength will be worse. That's a lot more comfortable, right?

Boy did I get lucky on my current run, sad to see OPs Ike in such array @~@

chapter 8 pre-promotion Ike

2mobg3n.jpg

That's...definitely lucky, but...chapter 8? A little too hasty to cap out Ike? Or are you doing an Ike-solo?

I bet easy mode.

Normal actually, but I should have done Hard at this rate, it feels like Easy

That's...definitely lucky, but...chapter 8? A little too hasty to cap out Ike? Or are you doing an Ike-solo?

Ike-solo run, wanted to get a feel for PoR because I haven't played PoR a while, but I honestly should have done it on Hard. Again, sorry for your STR-screw.

• 3 weeks later...

My issue with Ike is that you can't promote him until laaaaate into the game. By then, he's one of the few in your team without sufficient speed to double speedier enemies

And since he'll only be 20/1 foot unit that late, you have to save most of your bexp for him if you want him to reach level 20 lord for transfer.

Add to that he gets his personal signature sword much later, Ike's basically the Roy of PoR.

Actually, I have to say that IS placed Ike's promotion perfectly. He still has 10 chapters or more before endgame. He probably rammed his level cap earlier, his best weapon comes late, but he's so powerful it barely even matters. Other units are barely promoted before him.

Actually, I have to say that IS placed Ike's promotion perfectly. He still has 10 chapters or more before endgame. He probably rammed his level cap earlier, his best weapon comes late, but he's so powerful it barely even matters. Other units are barely promoted before him.

Second time I played through PoR, on chapter 17 (The one where at the end Ike gets promoted) here are the characters that I managed to get promoted on that one chapter(In no real order):

Boyd, Oscar, Kieran, Soren, Mia, Jill, Nephenee (And I don't remember exactly, but I think Mist got her promotion then, if not a chapter or 2 later). And then Ike after the chapter ended. I went in the chapter with a team of high level unpromoteds. I left it with a full team of promoted powerhouses.

So yeah, I'd say the chapter is actually a good place to give Ike his promotion; at the end of a major story arc, at the point where you're going to start promoting the rest of your army, while still giving Ike plenty of time to level up (Hello Roy, Micaiah (I actually like Micaiah as a character, more then Ike in RD at least, though I will admit that she's not the best lord-type character in the series)).

Edited by Xtremekiwi

FE10's Ashera was probably the best final boss. Remove the "kill with Ike" requisite and she's perfect.

what is this "everybody has to be fought with Ike" BS

I don't give a single solitary damn about Ike and I'm ~12 chapters into PoR and finished Radiant Dawn

It makes no SENSE

Edited by Yasako

Well, considering he's the one who uses Ragnell and Sanaki/Micaiah/Sothe/laguz suck at using swords it makes sense, you just don't like the character it seems

Glaceon hates Ike with a passion, just ignore her. Ike probably has to be the one to defeat Ashera because he's the only one in the group with an OMG goddess blessed weapon! Yune's power alone probably wouldn't have been enough to defeat her.

Also, it's best this way because Ike. Fuck Micaiah.

1. That's Yasako, not Glaceon

2. The Alondite exists as well. The Ragnell is not the only twice blessed weapon

3. There was absolutely no need for the strikethrough comment. It's not funny or even called for, just dickish

Woah now, quite a few units can be promoted before Ike. I had a promoted Astrid, Jill, Kieran, Oscar, Titania :awesome:, Boyd, Marcia, and Tormod before Ike promoted. His promotion time is good though. Most lords decide to promote when the game is over.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

2. The Alondite exists as well. The Ragnell is not the only twice blessed weapon

But since Ike is required in the final chapter and no other Sword user is, then this wasn't really going to be a possibility for the ending. Especially since characters like Renning, Zihark, Edward, Mia, etc aren't as crucial to the plot as Ike.

But since Ike is required in the final chapter and no other Sword user is, then this wasn't really going to be a possibility for the ending. Especially since characters like Renning, Zihark, Edward, Mia, etc aren't as crucial to the plot as Ike.

True, but I was only making the point because Ana implied the Ragnell to be the only twice blessed weapon at all when it isn't.

Wooooow.... That Str screw though... XD That's just flat out unlucky my friend. Gonna be hard to top that. :)

I will say I'll never play the Prologue again at least on a new Hard Mode save because Ike got a perfect level up. :D

Too bad Ike can't dual wield Ragnell and Alonidite huh? Omg could you imagine...

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooow.... That Str screw though... XD That's just flat out unlucky my friend. Gonna be hard to top that. :)

I will say I'll never play the Prologue again at least on a new Hard Mode save because Ike got a perfect level up. :D

Too bad Ike can't dual wield Ragnell and Alonidite huh? Omg could you imagine...

Considering it took him so much time to train up to the point of being able to defeat the black knight, I really doubt slapping a sword in his other hand would actually improve his performance.

Basically, Altina > Ike.