Would you like "Ablaze" fight themes back?

PikaSamus

Poll  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like "Ablaze" fight themes back?

Instead of having a designated fight theme, Awakening had arrangements of the map themes. When you started a fight, it changed to the "Ablaze" tracks, but kept your position in the song. IIRC, there were no boss themes, and boss fights just had the Ablaze themes as well.

Would you like this back, or would you prefer to have a separate fight theme like the past games?

I would prefer to have a separate fight theme, as I personally believe that it's dumb and that the Ablaze tracks didn't fit battles.

Honestly, I thought the Ablaze themes were awesome. They should be kept, in my opinion. If not, then when developing this game, the producers should make Ablaze-like themes as the map theme anyway, because I can't think of any Ablaze theme that I liked less than the regular ones.

I actually quite like the Ablaze takes on the map themes, so yeah I'd like to see it back, I hope Nohr and Hoshido have different map themes though.

I'd prefer if map and battle themes were two separate things.

My one problem with this is if I really like a map theme, I hate it being disrupted (while I have animations etc on).

The Ablaze tracks perfectly go in and out of one-another.

I'd appreciate it if they could have both somehow. I loved it when a particularly powerful moment of a song came just as you intitiate a fight and get a critical hit, but like they say, variety is the spice of life; I'm not opposed to including other awesome tracks. I really trust them to get the music right though, considering Awakening's OST was amazing, and the trailer music so fa has been stellar.

Instead of having a designated fight theme, Awakening had arrangements of the map themes. When you started a fight, it changed to the "Ablaze" tracks, but kept your position in the song. IIRC, there were no boss themes, and boss fights just had the Ablaze themes as well.

Would you like this back, or would you prefer to have a separate fight theme like the past games?

I would prefer to have a separate fight theme, as I personally believe that it's dumb and that the Ablaze tracks didn't fit battles.

There were separate boss themes, actually, just so you know. Mastermind comes to... mind.

Anyways, I personally enjoyed idea of the Ablaze themes even though some of the compositions in Awakening disappointed me (though not having Ablaze versions wouldn't have changed that). I personally think it works well and tend to prefer map themes to in-battle themes that aren't boss themes, so I'm all for them coming back.

My one problem with this is if I really like a map theme, I hate it being disrupted (while I have animations etc on).

The Ablaze tracks perfectly go in and out of one-another.

^This is another reason why I want them back.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

No. Haaiiilll nooooooo.

I was actually disappointed with how Awakening didn't have separate battle themes like past installments. It gives me the feeling that the game was rushed and the dev team had practically no time to arrange something more upbeat and separate from the map themes.

Actually, why not have the Ablaze themes be the standard map themes instead?

Considering the smooth map to battle transitions that we now have, Ablaze versions seem appropriate. .hack pulled this off very well by having calm, atmospheric overworld music seamlessly transitioning into a more engaging version.

(battle starts at :50)

In order for me:

1) Ablaze version. It just flows better I find and is less jarring.

2) Continual battle music (Radiant Dawn). You get to hear the full battle song after a few fights.

3) Battle music that always restarts (GBA games). I turned the animation off faster in those games mostly due to this.

I loved the Ablaze themes. It made the map and the combat scenes feel connected. Let's face it, outside of FE10, the generic battle themes in previous games were not memorable at all, and I would probably say the same about FE10 if the battle themes didn't change so often. And of course bosses should have their own themes, like they always have. FE13 handled this very well.

I loved the ablaze themes, yeah. In fact, this post pretty much sums up exactly how I feel:

In order for me:

1) Ablaze version. It just flows better I find and is less jarring.

2) Continual battle music (Radiant Dawn). You get to hear the full battle song after a few fights.

3) Battle music that always restarts (GBA games). I turned the animation off faster in those games mostly due to this.

Constantly restarting a battle theme every few seconds in the enemy phase is rather jarring.

Although obviously I am for boss themes still existing, but FE has pretty much always had these, so I'm not worried about those going anywhere.

I think Ablaze is back, though I don't even know if this is gonna be a map theme or just simply different remixes of one track. If you compare the tracks that play before and after the 2nd trailer in the direct, the latter sounds more like an intensified version of the former (btw if you didn't know this already, it's longer in the Jpn version because they had to explain about the whole 3 versions thing).

Personally I don't really care as long as the music sounds good and fits with the atmosphere.

Edited by Ryo

Yeah, that was one thing I can say I really liked about Awakening. The music was able to smoothly transition between battles thanks to this, so I think it should return. A little part of me still liked the separate map and battle themes though.

First and foremost, Chaos was easily the best map->Ablaze transition for me. From eerie and foreboding to basically "FE Will Rock You"

https://youtu.be/X7Z5KnsktwA

If we had better map themes that transitioned into even better Ablaze themes that would be frakkin awesome. But with the smooth transition from map->battle I feel like Ablaze versions are for the best. It'd be nice to get a different transition into the boss battles and then a boss theme, too.

Given how If seems to be furthering the transition between map and battle, I imagine we'll see something similar to what we had in Awakening which, I thought, was a neat way of adding more variety to the music in battle, even if it comes at the cost of a battle motif like "Strike".

Speaking of, do we know who is composing the soundtrack this time around? I recall them announcing the artist and writer, but not the composer.

I prefer separate music tracks, the ablaze tracks were generally just not as exciting for me as some of the battle themes, but...

Considering the smooth map to battle transitions that we now have, Ablaze versions seem appropriate.

This is a good point. And like Ryo pointed out you can hear one map theme (which I really like) in the first Direct which is played in the second Direct as the ablaze version.

Oh? Did anyone get video/sound on this?

I'm on my phone now, sorry. You just have to find the direct videos and skip to after the trailers when they explained about the game. The one played after the first trailer (same one as before the 2nd trailer) sounds more peaceful than the one played after the 2nd trailer.

But again it's not confirmed whether it will be a map theme or not, or simply one track remixed into different versions (like Id in Awakening).

EDIT: Here you are:

https://youtu.be/8KuZBLFjgQE?t=1m54s

https://youtu.be/me-9kWzxKoo?t=2m2s

Edited by Ryo

Ablaze Themes are back. Here's a post I made to weeks ago on Reddit, quoted here :)

"Please listen to the background music from the January direct here:
Then, listen to the background music from last week's direct here:
Are we perhaps looking at ablaze themes again? It certainly sounds like it. What do you think? Do you think FE:A's composers are returning?"
Edited by DeoGame