Analysis and speculation of character personalities

So, based on the reactions and attitudes of the characters, here is an analysis of their personalities. (These are only guesses.)

Kamui(Avatar):

Kamui, both male and female versions seem serious, and haunted by their past. there is evidence of a tragic story, since in the trailer, a character that could potentially be Kamui's dad is killed by Nohrians in a Nohrian city. Garon *Cough* evil bastard *cough* then looks and reaches toward the camera, an effect used in awakening when people interacted with robin in cutscenes. He basically tells Kamui that he'll let them live and they will learn... I have a feeling that Kamui still remembers the day they were taken by Garon.

Garon:

He is generic. Sorry, but it looks that way. Luckily, blatantly evil characters make the best villains... I certainly won't feel bad about taking Garon down... He is definitely the antagonist, and i get the feeling that he forces Aqua(the dancer girl with blue hair) to perform for his amusement. He is obviously what drives Nohr to attack their neighbors, as i do not get the vibe from any of the characters that i get from Garon.(Ganz being an exception)

Aqua:

She is the dancing girl, and definitely shy. While she sings to herself, sadly wishing for a better world, her dancing probably brings her no pleasure. She most likely associates her art form with the unfavorable Garon, since he is the one who makes her do it in the first place. She is most definitely a character that is intended to make us all feel like a hero... since she is such a grim soul almost in need of "saving".

Ganz:

I mentioned him before, and while he is evil, i don't think he is motivated by glory, as Garon is. Ganz obviously is an important character for the villains, but he chose not to wear elaborate clothing... or even take care of his skin. It almost seems to me as though he is on the verge of death, and is motivated to simply drag anyone else he can with him to the grave.

Ryouma:

He seems quiet and serious. Definitely focused on being a warrior first, and a human being second. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a very good man, but when Kamui is going to choose a side, he only extends the left hand. As a martial artist myself, i know that this means he is focused, and not letting his guard down. He doesn't even say anything if you choose Nohr, instead, he decides to attack his own flesh and blood. Again, he isn't a bad guy, but perhaps too serious for his own good...

Marx:

He is serious, but very different from Ryouma, in that he will let his guard down. Marx had passed his lance to his off hand, and extended his right arm to Kamui. He definitely feels a close bond to the main character that Ryouma just does not have(because he didn't grow up with Kamui), and leans forward, almost more desperate to keep his surrogate brother. He is loyal to a fault it seems, especially because he views Kamui choosing blood over bond as a betrayal. He is most likely the hardest person to turn against Garon in the Nohr story.

Hinoka:

Umm... she's a pegasus night? honestly, she seems to be such a tom-boy that having her ride a magical horse is a little amusing to me. She is probably hot-headed, and doesn't understand humor.

Sakura:

Yay! another pink-haired girl named Sakura to hate!(just kidding) Unfortunately, she is kinda depressing to me. she is the kind of girl who constantly needs cheering up. She definitely expects the worst, since before Kamui even chooses, she looks like someone just kicked a kitten(And i love kittens).

Tsubaki:

He is boring to me. Is that mean? he just seems like another soldier... of course, we haven't seen much. I can't guess too much, but maybe you have an idea.

Camilla:

Many people seem to think she is a sly, almost seductive character in the game. that would be wrong, and here is why. She is one of the most caring characters in the game, aside from her twin-tailed little sister(just assuming). She is very concerned with the well-being of Kamui, as we have seen so far. She looks like she is pleading just as much as little miss "Onii-chan"(twin-tails) when Kamui is choosing sides. Also, the first words we hear her say to Kamui are: "Are you alright?" she is not some evil seductress, you make her one. Let me explain. The clip of her walking toward the camera is probably her walking toward Kamui. I think that she takes the almost mocking pose and expression because that clip is before you fight her after choosing Hoshido. She probably undergoes huge personality changes after Kamui chooses the other side. How would you feel if your family chose your "enemy" over you?

Twin-tailed sister character:

Generic loli-con character. Unfortunately, it is true from what we know. She will be both annoying and amusing, irritating and... well, just irritating. gosh, it's hard to guess her hopes and dreams, wait, it is probably something like: "When I grow up, i want to marry my Onii-chan!" I'm going to go throw up now. Sorry if you like her, just not my thing.

Dark knight blonde Nohrian brother mage-thing guy:

I want this guy's name. he looks awesome. I am leveling him up all the way. I think he'll be apathetic, sociopathic, and sadistic. what a different character! I love it, plus he is probably like a little brother type character. He looks like a one-hit killer. when charging up a magic attack, rocks fly everywhere... and the dude is obviously not trying at all. enough said.

Kazehana:

she is a confident myrmidon. I get the feeling of Sumia(Awakening) crossed with Joshua(sacred stones), and that sounds interesting... She might not be the best, but she knows that if she doesn't try, she never will be.

Raizou:

the only reason i have him here is because he is a ninja. I love ninjas, you love ninjas, everybody loves ninjas. So, this guy should be similar to the legendary Hanzo Hisashi from the Sengoku period. This man is the main reason to play through Hoshido for me.

I am not listing characters that have pretty much nothing to go on. Let's hope for more news in the future. what do you think? agree? disagree? tell me why. :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah that hand thing regarding Ryouma and Marx is very interesting and I didn't know that. Maybe it can also be due to a difference in culture between Nohr/Hoshido? Usually a left-handed handshake is a symbol of trust and friendship though, while it's more customary and "politically correct" to extend your right hand, idk

in some cultures a left-handed handshake is extremely rude I thought

In older cultures and times, using ones left-hand was a sign of respect as it was your shield arm. I seem to recall this being mostly an Ashanti thing though.

Basically the gist was, I'm lowering my guard, you have earned my trust.

Edited by Jedi

I really liked what you had to say about Ryouma and Marx, that is definitely interesting.

I agree with you on most points, especially the twin-tails girl (although it looks more like two giant hair sausages). However, I must disagree on Garon, not necessarily because I think his personality will be different, but I think blatantly evil villains who are simply evil are the worst kind of storytelling devices. I'd write more but I've got to rush to a lecture pretty soon.

Anyway, I've got no proof for this, but if Tsubaki is indeed a man and a Pegasus rider both, then I'm afraid that might be his "gimmick", so to speak, something that his supports will revolve around. Maybe he'll be another Libra, or maybe it won't bother him to be mistaken for a girl, but no matter what it'll still be in focus.

I've stated it before, but Aqua smiling for the first time will have significance maybe not for the story, but at least for her as a character. Since she's deliberately shrouded in mystery, I may be completely wrong, but everything we've seen points to her being mysterious, distant and a bit of a downer. Still, I think she'll have something that keeps her from becoming a one-note character due to her importance to the story, I just don't know what yet. Maybe she snores really, really loudly.

Sakura makes my ears bleed, I cannot stand the overly cute voices they seem to love over there. Anyway, she looks like a more plain version than Lissa, and I really don't expect much from her character other than the fact that she'll be cute and probably in need of protection because defending her as a big brother is apparently something that arouses some people.

Kamui will probably be pretty bland just like Robin, since that's the easiest way for some people to get immersed in a story. I personally don't like it, but since we've yet to receive anything that could tell us more about his character, I'm going with my gut. Hopefully they'll point out her awful fashion sense. The thigh holes really, really bother me.

Edited by Thane

In older cultures and times, using ones left-hand was a sign of respect as it was your shield arm. I seem to recall this being mostly an Ashanti thing though.

Basically the gist was, I'm lowering my guard, you have earned my trust.

or it's a sign of distrust, as it means you can hold a dagger in your weapon hand

iirc like in the middle east and parts of africa at least, shaking hands with your left is considered to be extremely rude in general

also OP I like your idea of Camilla; at the very least it sounds more interesting than many other oft-proposed personalities I've seen for her

Maybe it's just what I've seen from fan comics, but I can totally see Camilla being a trollish big sister type. I swear to god, if one of her voice clips is "Ara ara" I am never turning on Japanese voices ever.

Wait, isn't Marx the leader of the guys looking to overthrow Garon?

possibly?

we don't know yet afaik

could be that you only sway him to your side later in the game...

Going by looks alone, Blarth is probably the going to be that guy.

otoh, meta says the more important person would be swayed last

especially since kamui is the lord in this game

otoh, meta says the more important person would be swayed last

especially since kamui is the lord in this game

True, but going by Fire Emblem, the villains need at least one sexy mother flipper to do their bidding.

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense for Marx to be in on the revolution if we just go by what we know so far? He's been featured more heavily, implying he's going to be involved in the story a lot no matter what side you take, and he's been seen questioning his father's actions.

True, but going by Fire Emblem, the villains need at least one sexy mother flipper to do their bidding.

are you saying that marx isn't sexy?

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense for Marx to be in on the revolution if we just go by what we know so far? He's been featured more heavily, implying he's going to be involved in the story a lot no matter what side you take, and he's been seen questioning his father's actions.

if marx were in the revolution, I would imagine he'd be leading it, which is generally the lord's job

he's too like, powerful and shit to be a figurehead à la elincia

so kamui would be relegated to a position of secondary importance

are you saying that marx isn't sexy?

fite me

No, but I have this weird feeling that Blarth's beauty will be accentuated. But first and foremost, it was a joke.

if marx were in the revolution, I would imagine he'd be leading it, which is generally the lord's job

he's too like, powerful and shit to be a figurehead à la elincia

so kamui would be relegated to a position of secondary importance

I see where you're coming from and I agree with you to a point, but I doubt Kamui will be leading the revolution all by himself. I guess Dancina could provide a vital military role, but it feels as if Marx would fill that position much better (once again, given by what we've been shown so far).

From one thing to another, given that the story will focus on your family, do you think the one on the side you chose will have any casualties? I'd say it's a question related to the topic at hand, seeing as someone like Blarth might be too loyal to Garon to join your cause.

I see where you're coming from and I agree with you to a point, but I doubt Kamui will be leading the revolution all by himself. I guess Dancina could provide a vital military role, but it feels as if Marx would fill that position much better (once again, given by what we've been shown so far).

I definitely agree that Marx will likely wind up playing a vital military role, I just don't think it's likely that he would join you from the beginning

like in most FEs, you gain crucial allies later in the story

fite me

settle it in smash?

I definitely agree that Marx will likely wind up playing a vital military role, I just don't think it's likely that he would join you from the beginning

like in most FEs, you gain crucial allies later in the story

settle it in smash?

Still though, it can't be Kamui and Dancina against the world, right? I mean they've got to start with something. My gold is on Marx joining early on, if nothing else because he's the Nohr version of Ryouma, who will most likely be with you all the time and who I for some reason think is incredibly racist.

can u handle the jiggly?

Edited by Thane

Still though, it can't be Kamui and Dancina against the world, right? I mean they've got to start with something. My gold is on Marx joining early on, if nothing else because he's the Nohr version of Ryouma, who will most likely be with you all the time and who I for some reason think is incredibly racist.

can u handle the jiggly?

oftentimes FE does start with Our Heroes vs The World, tho, as you slowly build up your army from a band of misfits into the strongest fighting force ever etc

MAYBE! I don't actually fight many puffs

oftentimes FE does start with Our Heroes vs The World, tho, as you slowly build up your army from a band of misfits into the strongest fighting force ever etc

MAYBE! I don't actually fight many puffs

Indeed, but what I meant was, it can't be only those two against the world. In Path of Radiance, you've at least got a mercenary crew, in Awakening you've got the Shepherds and, presumably, some nice funding considering who runs the place. I realize that you'll eventually get your army consisting primarily of supermodels in due time, but they'll probably need some (off screen) redshirts as well; those guys will probably be under Marx' command.

Indeed, but what I meant was, it can't be only those two against the world. In Path of Radiance, you've at least got a mercenary crew, in Awakening you've got the Shepherds and, presumably, some nice funding considering who runs the place. I realize that you'll eventually get your army consisting primarily of supermodels in due time, but they'll probably need some (off screen) redshirts as well; those guys will probably be under Marx' command.

I mean

you're a prince

you probably have some lackeys

whereas marx likely commands elite troops and is likely a BAMF right from the beginning

I like everyone's ideas. I think the main thing that we all want is better, more fully-developed characters. And hopefully, there will be unique ones as well.

As long as they make the character's personality make sense, i will be satisfied.

(Also, for any confusion about the hand/body language thing: In ancient European culture, it would be respectful to extend your right arm, as it is your weapon hand. In ancient Asian culture, we cannot pull from traditional greeting customs, as that would be bowing. But i do know that Ryouma is not letting his guard down even for his own brother, which in a subtle way, makes me like Marx better as a person.)

In regards to Aqua, due to some of her scenes outside of the dancing it seems she will have more of a bold and defiant personality to me.

Garon, he may just be evil but I want him to have more of a duality. Maybe in the public life he is how we guess but privatly, with his family, he is actually a kind and caring father.

Edited by Asoleos

In regards to Aqua, due to some of her scenes outside of the dancing it seems she will have more of a bold and defiant personality to me.

Garon, he may just be evil but I want him to have more of a duality. Maybe in the public life he is how we guess but privatly, with his family, he is actually a kind and caring father.

What scenes are you referring to? We have yet to see her speak, if I'm not entirely mistaken. If you're talking about the artwork where she holds the lance, then I agree that she looks pretty determined, but I wouldn't base my opinion solely on that, since she looks distraught and distant in the trailers.

Oh yes please. Nothing bores me more than the thoroughly evil types; if they can at least show us that he's evil but not ALSO an asshole, then that'd go a long way.

What scenes are you referring to? We have yet to see her speak, if I'm not entirely mistaken. If you're talking about the artwork where she holds the lance, then I agree that she looks pretty determined, but I wouldn't base my opinion solely on that, since she looks distraught and distant in the trailers.

Oh yes please. Nothing bores me more than the thoroughly evil types; if they can at least show us that he's evil but not ALSO an asshole, then that'd go a long way.

I was also referring to her singing on the dock, but from what we've seen Kamui was the only there so the shy personality may still be there. Most likely it's just me hoping she's not a timid character because I mostly dislike them. Edited by Asoleos

I was also referring to her singing on the dock, but from what we've seen Kamui was the only there so the shy personality may still be there. Most likely it's just me hoping she's not a timid character because I mostly dislike them.

I've gotten the impression that she's distant, rather than shy, if that helps. We'll defrost the ice queen, of course - nothing can stand against the thigh holes.

Edited by Thane

Hmm, I just had a thought. Perhaps he cares about his family, but because he knows Kamui is not his child, he treats them poorly. That would make for an interesting dramatic dynamic.