FE: IF reminds me of...

I just realized that the plot concept reminds me a bit of Code Geass. Especially with the European inspired nation oppressing the Japanese inspired nation... XD Kamui's situation is almost like a cross between Lelouch and Suzaku. :) What does the game remind you of?

It reminds me of a classical Roman Empire taking over whatever they want to, at least for now. Hopefully there's much more depth than just that, and I'm sure there will be. Just need to wait two more months to find out!

I usually stay away from anything that reminds me too much of certain anime, Code Geass being one of many.

17908_803073939747572_912962316903931649

But because I don't want to sound like a cranky old geezer, I'll leave some fun fanart of what I'm reminded of.

Game of Thrones with Theon Greyjoy

[spoiler=Game of Thrones spoilers, beware] Hopefully Kamui ends up in a better place than Theon.

Edited by NekoKnight

It reminds me of RD especially that scene in the second trailer with the two armies and the last scene in the first trailer. Marx = Zelgius and Ryouma = Skrimir (I find it funny that the commander of the supposedly peaceful nation reminds me of such a hotheaded character).

Also Genealogy a little with family being a main theme.

I don't want to be a Suzaku or a Lelouch. :(

Me neither. I want to be a Schniezel.

It reminds me of a classical Roman Empire taking over whatever they want to, at least for now. Hopefully there's much more depth than just that, and I'm sure there will be. Just need to wait two more months to find out!

It reminds me more of the HRE, though not as much as Grandbell. What they should have done was have it be HRE vs Caliphate, but then we'd have people claiming you could play as ISIS lol.

code geass is death note with mechs and a more hilariously awful main character.

there, i said it.

I could just kiss you.

However, I'll do the next best thing and simply agree with you and add that it also lacked the depth and simplicity of Death Note, and if the copious amounts of fan service didn't ruin its credibility, the ridiculously unexplained logistics, back-up plans, saves, character motivations etc surely will.

It reminds me of RD especially that scene in the second trailer with the two armies and the last scene in the first trailer. Marx = Zelgius and Ryouma = Skrimir (I find it funny that the commander of the supposedly peaceful nation reminds me of such a hotheaded character).

Let's just pray for no blood pacts.

code geass is death note with mechs and a more hilariously awful main character.

there, i said it.

I'm pretty sure that the creation of Suzaku and Lelouch was was heavily influenced by Reinhard and Kircheis, irrespectively (and some other LoGH characters).

Edited by Severlan

Uh how was Lelouch worse than Light? Seriously, Lelouch didn't have a god complex. In any case, my main problem with CG was that it was a hilariously implausible alternate history. I could go on about why its implausible, but I'll just point out that "Communist" China is a monarchy. Also where the hell is the Japanese Imperial family? And how does Britannia keep the entirety of the Americas pacified? And Napoleon apparently not only conquered Russia, he conquered all of Siberia. How does China keep India pacified? Even though the Bonapartes theoretically control Europe, Germany exists. HOW THE FUCK DID A POLYGAMY LAW GET APPROVED IN BRITTANNIA? How did the Middle Eastern Federation come to be, especially considering the Ottomans should still exist? How did Britannia transport the entire noble class to America if Napoleon rules the waves? Where did this random Britannia dynasty come from? Why did no one else make a bid for the throne after Elizabeth III died? Okay, so maybe I did just list all the historical implausibilities.

But you know what? Despite all this, I still like it. The other issue I have is that there's a bunch of filler crap and that most of what goes on at Ashford is unneeded. I will, however, agree that Death Note was way better. I generally feel like CG was trying to be a Republican LOTGH, which I don't really like as a monarchist. The aforementioned LOTGH will always be my favorite show.

Edited by blah2127

Where did this random Britannia dynasty come from?
There's a few frames, I think in one of the early episodes (actually I'm guessing you probably noticed it) which primarily depict a page from a history book during some Ashford Academy scene. I believe the page refers to a "Lord Britannia" who was instrumental in shifting the location of the nobility of Britain. I agree that the name of the dynasty and lord is suspect. When you consider that he was apparently instrumental in continuing the existence of Britain or whatever, I'm not sure it's completely implausible that he'd have a relatively uncontested line to the throne.
And how does Britannia keep the entirety of the Americas pacified?

This one is easy! (I mean not really because I'm about to give you a bullshit answer, but...) When Britain resettled its power center in North America, there was no longer taxation without representation, because America was now part of Britain proper instead of just a colony. Actually that probably makes no sense since Britannia is an Empire and thus would probably have been just as oppressive. The show certainly seems to indicate that Britannia is at least somewhat oppressive.

And Napoleon apparently not only conquered Russia, he conquered all of Siberia.
Even though the Bonapartes theoretically control Europe, Germany exists.

Hahaha, wow I had no idea that any of that happened. Also, it's worth noting the yellow star Ougi wears in at least a few scenes. This is almost certainly just a design choice as a nod to the forced accessories jews wore during ghettoization, but if you try and defend its existence with in-universe explanations, when the heck did the Holocaust even happen, and where? Are there many Jews living in Area 11?

I didn't watch Death Note after L died but if there had been giant robots there's a decent chance I'd have liked it more than Code Geass. But Death Note really isn't a fertile setting for giant robots...

Me neither. I want to be a Schniezel.

It reminds me more of the HRE, though not as much as Grandbell. What they should have done was have it be HRE vs Caliphate, but then we'd have people claiming you could play as ISIS lol.

Haha this! I'm hoping if the whole game actually does remind me of a Roman Battle it should be Romans vs. Carthaginians in Ateneo

Now THAT would be one hell of a FE battle.

i do wanna note that when i say "lelouch is worse then light" i'm basically saying that a giant flaming smelly turd thats being pissed on is worse then a giant smelling turd.

i really didn't like either shows, let alone the main characters, but thats another discussion that can be continued in a PM with me if you desire.

Serenes Forest, the #1 place to discuss your favorite mediocre mainstream anime!

And sometimes Fire Emblem as well!

Take that back, logh is not mediocre.

And sometimes Fire Emblem as well!

Ka-ZING!!! See what I did there?

I've never seen Code Geass so I wouldn't know. But from what I do know about it, Japan vs. Western European Empire, that seems like a pretty finicky connection. Really only being similar in the most basic and simplified notion of the respective plots.