FE: IF reminds me of...

There's a few frames, I think in one of the early episodes (actually I'm guessing you probably noticed it) which primarily depict a page from a history book during some Ashford Academy scene. I believe the page refers to a "Lord Britannia" who was instrumental in shifting the location of the nobility of Britain. I agree that the name of the dynasty and lord is suspect. When you consider that he was apparently instrumental in continuing the existence of Britain or whatever, I'm not sure it's completely implausible that he'd have a relatively uncontested line to the throne.

This one is easy! (I mean not really because I'm about to give you a bullshit answer, but...) When Britain resettled its power center in North America, there was no longer taxation without representation, because America was now part of Britain proper instead of just a colony. Actually that probably makes no sense since Britannia is an Empire and thus would probably have been just as oppressive. The show certainly seems to indicate that Britannia is at least somewhat oppressive.

Hahaha, wow I had no idea that any of that happened. Also, it's worth noting the yellow star Ougi wears in at least a few scenes. This is almost certainly just a design choice as a nod to the forced accessories jews wore during ghettoization, but if you try and defend its existence with in-universe explanations, when the heck did the Holocaust even happen, and where? Are there many Jews living in Area 11?

I didn't watch Death Note after L died but if there had been giant robots there's a decent chance I'd have liked it more than Code Geass. But Death Note really isn't a fertile setting for giant robots...

Well, I was specifically talking about unrest in terms of slavery. Britannia obviously doesn't have slavery, so,that means it was banned at some point. This probably pissed off a bunch of southerners. I was also partly talking about South American ethnic strife.

The point about Ougi is actually interesting. My head canon (before Akhito the Exiled) was at the EU was actually Nazi, and did the Holocaust, and was even worse than Britannia. However, according to the CG wiki it's basically a union of successor states to Napoleons empire.

That's all.

I was browsing the "Should Casual Return" thread recently, as well as having watched Nostalgia Critic's review of Demolition Man and I had an idea:

Since Hoshido is being advertised as the easier game while Nohr is the more hardcore game, what if Hoshido and Nohr are meant to represent the casual and hardcore sides of the fandom. That's why they're always fighting, because the casual and hardcore sides are always fighting with each other.

I was browsing the "Should Casual Return" thread recently, as well as having watched Nostalgia Critic's review of Demolition Man and I had an idea:

Since Hoshido is being advertised as the easier game while Nohr is the more hardcore game, what if Hoshido and Nohr are meant to represent the casual and hardcore sides of the fandom. That's why they're always fighting, because the casual and hardcore sides are always fighting with each other.

that would be pretty genius/meta actually

But why is the Japanese country the casual side? If anything it should be reversed.

Kamui's situation reminds me of Altenna in FE4.

Funny I think it's more similar to Julius. Especially because the CG with Kamui attacking the dancer. If my hopes come true Kamui in Nohr side will at least be more similar to Tyrion instead of Greyjoy

Funny I think it's more similar to Julius. Especially because the CG with Kamui attacking the dancer. If my hopes come true Kamui in Nohr side will at least be more similar to Tyrion instead of Greyjoy

How would he be similar to Tyrion?

Heh, both Light and Lulu are assholes protagonist with a bad season two.

I'm surprised that no one talked about CG's pink swords.

Me neither. I want to be a Schniezel.

He would be a very interesting protagonist actually !

For me it would be the same as the Nihilists from SMT4, not interesting, probably very poorly done, and just a big waste of time and potential. Seriously, the stupidity of it all was simply amazing..

Plus, I would find that vaguely insulting.

How would he be similar to Tyrion?

Well it was when he is sent to King's Landing by his father and try to change the way the Lannisters (more or less Cercei) govern the realm as well as how Joffrey threats his subjects and Sansa etc and to change things for the better in the inside while still fighting against his family enemies.

I think the Nohr side in the beginning it will be a more action packed with way worse writing of that situation. Until, like in his case things don't work out so well and go out of control but let's avoid more GoT spoilers....

Btw I'm talking only about the books(in this case the second and the third of the Song of Ice and Fire) never saw the series yet

Edited by Ledah*

Heh, both Light and Lulu are assholes protagonist with a bad season two.

I'm surprised that no one talked about CG's pink swords.

He would be a very interesting protagonist actually !

Agreed, the series would have been much stronger if Charles's plan just didn't exist. But yeah, for me Schniezel, at least before he went nuke happy on everyone, was both more interesting and more heroic than Lelouch. As in someone I myself would be proud to call my Emperor.

For me it would be the same as the Nihilists from SMT4, not interesting, probably very poorly done, and just a big waste of time and potential. Seriously, the stupidity of it all was simply amazing..

Plus, I would find that vaguely insulting.

Never played SMT 4, what are the Nihilists?

Agreed, the series would have been much stronger if Charles's plan just didn't exist. But yeah, for me Schniezel, at least before he went nuke happy on everyone, was both more interesting and more heroic than Lelouch. As in someone I myself would be proud to call my Emperor.

Never played SMT 4, what are the Nihilists?

The Nihilist ? Ah. I'll explain, but. Warning spoiler SMT4.

The Nihilists, or rather, the White is somekind of personificaton of mankind's despair over God's bullshit. It's also implied that they seen the truth of the universe, explaining their nihilism nature. God is, by the way, a arrogant control-freak asshole, who wants humanity to worship him in a perfect world of silence. The dude is capable of nuking the world, because... let's just says the guy is Chaotic Neutral, m'okay ?

The White's goal is to make you destroy the universe with a blackhole generator, seeing this as the only way to free the world from YHVH (God's name). If you accept, you destroy the machine, erasing the entire universe from existence, unlocking the Nihilist Ending.

Honestly, they're just somekind of... boring macguffin. the story would be better without them, it's almost as the same level as the Multiverse from FEA. They even do some of the DLC's. Just because.

Sheesh, i want to rant about SMT4's story now, but I'll refrain. :p

Still a good game, you should probably try it ! Kind of easy though, especially for a SMT game.

Mage build ftw btw.

Edited by B.Leu

The Nihilist ? Ah. I'll explain, but. Warning spoiler SMT4.

The Nihilists, or rather, the White is somekind of personificaton of mankind's despair over God's bullshit. It's also implied that they seen the truth of the universe, explaining their nihilism nature. God is, by the way, a arrogant control-freak asshole, who wants humanity to worship him in a perfect world of silence. The dude is capable of nuking the world, because... let's just says the guy is Chaotic Neutral, m'okay ?

The White's goal is to make you destroy the universe with a blackhole generator, seeing this as the only way to free the world from YHVH (God's name). If you accept, you destroy the machine, erasing the entire universe from existence, unlocking the Nihilim Ending.

Honestly, they're just somekind of... boring macguffin. the story would be better without them, it's almost as the same level as the Multiverse from FEA. They even do some of the DLC's. Just because.

Sheesh, i want to rant about SMT4's story now, but I'll refrain. :p

Still a good game, you should probably try it ! Kind of easy though, especially for a SMT game.

Mage build ftw btw.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

bravely default.

although it's probably just the over the top armor (dark knight, templar classes are big ones) and ringabel's hair, tbqh.

If FE if has a similar moral reversal to BD that would be cool.