ATTN RP Section: Persona RP & Gauging Interest

MRDRHAWK

wao much Poly such thread so LAME

Anyways, with the apparent recent influx of new RPs (and new RPers) to SF, and the (relative) success of Fate/endeavour so far aka nobody's had to have been killed off yet I feel like it's time to address something that was attempted before but never really got off the ground.

Namely, a Persona-style RP.

Basic knowledge of Persona is recommended (at the very least, 3 or 4), but not necessarily required to sign up; if you need a brief rundown, I can provide one to you upon request. I don't think everyone in the RP section needs one, so I'll just send you one if you need it.

[spoiler=Juuuuuuuuuuuuust in case, super high school level rundown]

Japanese high school students facing their own problems in the form of exaggerated doppelgangers of themselves (4 and on multiple occasions in 2), then fighting eldritch-style monsters by summoning deities from their heads. Guns to the temple optional. Weapons recommended. Everything has a tarot motif, and loads of Jungian psychology is involved (at least in 4). Usually some big bad evil deity that you can't actually summon is involved, as is an Earthly avatar who carries things out in their name, unwittingly or otherwise.

Also waifus. Lots of waifus. Yukiko worst girl.

So, there you go, if you reeeeeeeeeeeeally need more detail, I can send you a more detailed version of the rundown.

If I can get the interest for it, I'll set up a full-out signup thread going more into detail about the setting, basic plotline, as well as hopefully formulating a team of Persona-users.

Setting the ground rule now, though: For the love of god, don't be throwing around Japanese honorifics left and right. I mean, the occasional one is okay if you know how to work it into your posts without sounding annoying, but please try and avoid it if at all possible. Find a more... er, English substitute, just for convenience's sake..

If you could post the following, it'd be greatly appreciated:

Preference (Persona User/Social Link):

Opinion on the basic idea:

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE):

Ability to put in time for this:

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here:

If you can/wanna, that is. \ '3' /

Preference: Purse owner abuser(of drugs) if I manage time things, social link if not

Opinion: I enjoy owning purses, they make me feel pretty.

Knowledge: Cleared 3 and 4, played some of 2 on PSP but it died before I could finish and Vita doesn't play UMDs hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Working knowledge of things and junk.

Time: Depends entirely on how I cope with having a job again. Probably okay.

Comments/Suggestions: Remember that every 12 year old wants to be death arcana don't let them have it you'll open the floodgates

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): EMPEROR. KANJI. KANJI/10. Purseowner pls.

Opinion on the basic idea: I like purse owners, can't say I haven't enjoyed any of the purse owner games.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): Hahahahahahahaha

Ability to put in time for this: All of the time

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: Get yer balance in check.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Persona user

Opinion on the basic idea: We need new RPs and Persona is cool so wynaut

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): I know most of the series (P1 to P4).

Ability to put in time for this: I have lots of time with nothing really going on

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: If you waifu Chie I will need to kill you to save everyone the sap

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Persona User.

Opinion on the basic idea: Sounds interesting. Had signed up in a previous Persona RP that didn't took off. If this does I can consider joining.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): Never played them, but I had read up on their basic premise and stuff, seen videos, etc. Has been long though, so I wouldn't mind looking up stuff again or getting the rundown, just in case.

Ability to put in time for this: Barring unexpected stuff coming up, my time is stable to pour time into this.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Former
Opinion on the basic idea: Too sleepy to comment. May edit this line later.
Level of pre-existing knowledge: Played P3, P3FES, P4, and did a ton of reading about some of the previous games.
Ability to put in time for this: Plenty.
Any other comments?: Do not insult the Yukiko.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Persona User

Opinion on the basic idea: Good

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): Watched the anime, and read through all of Adachi's story in Arena Ultimax.

Ability to put in time for this: As long as I don't forget about it, I should be fine.

Preference: Persona User

Opinion: fuck i can't think of anything witty to put here

Knowledge: Beat P3P, am 75% of the way through 4 and need to finish it at some point.

Time: I have enough of this.

Other: I agree that Yukiko sucks.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Social Link (Or Maybe I should sign up as a User for kicks and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Opinion on the basic idea: High school setting is meh so I'd like to roll a char slightly older, I think.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): Played a bit of P3, played P4.

Ability to put in time for this: Clearly I have commitment issues.

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: Its all about Naoto man, its all about Naoto.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Persona User.

Opinion on the basic idea: Pretty much Golden.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): Finished P3, P4, Devil Survivor and P4 Arena, still in the middle of beating Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 3 Fes. So... I know a little.

Ability to put in time for this: Time is pretty much all I have at the moment.

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: Can't go wrong with best girl Naoto, bro.

Edited by almi23

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Can I be Nanako.

Opinion on the basic idea: Not gonna lie the concept of statless combat is pretty alien to me. I'm into the idea of being a side character/social link so I can give it a closer look though.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): I played smt: strange journey and devil survivor same diff amirite.

(Does watching 1/3rd of a P4 LP count)

Ability to put in time for this: Not an awful lot.

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: doop.

The real question everyone is thinking: Can you make your Persona Mara?

Actually the real question everyone is thinking (or at least me): Statless?

Edited by Refa

[spoiler=This convo should maybe help give a better idea?]

[10:45:45 AM] Duggers: so pooly
[10:45:56 AM] Duggers: how are you gonna go about people and their personae
[10:47:02 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: same manner as you did the Fate RP
[10:47:17 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: take applications, determine main team, make personae after
[10:47:27 AM] Duggers: meant like
[10:47:34 AM] Duggers: are you going to use existing personae from the series
[10:47:53 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: oh
[10:48:30 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: eh, if they aren't a "main" persona (like, of one of the playable characters aside from the wild card) then I'll allow it
[10:48:47 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: but if someone tries to use, say, Take-Mikazuchi, I'll nope them
[10:48:54 AM] Marf: awww
[10:48:54 AM] Duggers: NO
MY KANJI
[10:48:56 AM] Marf: why?
[10:49:03 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: already used, gg no re
[10:49:10 AM] Marf: what about OROBAS
[10:49:19 AM] Duggers: 'cause that's kanji's persona
not even the MC gets it
makes sense that no one else would.
[10:49:19 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: Orobas is acceptable if you so chose
[10:49:24 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: yeah
[10:49:33 AM] Marf: oh so like
[10:49:42 AM] Blackhawk Stinger: like, as long as it isn't a party member's persona or the evolved form, it's okay

and yes, statless
but hey it looks like we've at least got enough people to create a main team and a couple S.links, so neato
I'll maybe throw a signup thread tonight or tomorrow, dunno if I'll be able to address anything about it afterwards until Monday though, so maybe I'll give this the weekend to see if anyone else is down and go from there
Edited by Blackhawk Stinger

Role: Likely a S. Link. Persona User if available.

Opinion on the basic idea: It is AWESOME.

Level of pre-existing knowledge: Savvy

Available Time for RP: As much time those dang Time Mages allow me. In other words, massively fluctuating.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link):preferably a persona user

Opinion on the basic idea:ye

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE):i've watched multiple LPs of FES and 4, i've also seen the first persona in action

Ability to put in time for this: decent. school takes up most of the weekdays, but other than that im free

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: obviously yosuke is best girl

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Social Link, Persona user if available

Opinion on the basic idea: I'm all for this.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): Watched the P4 anime, playing P3P, and watched the first Persona 3 movie, I need to watch the second P3 movie now that it's on YouTube.

Ability to put in time for this: I work from 7am to 3:30pm M-F but I can still make time for this.

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: Akihiko da best.

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): Social link is fine. I'm not cool enough to be a Persona bro and I feel like I can't contribute enough to do so.

Opinion on the basic idea: Seems pretty cool.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): I've cleared P3 twice and gotten every persona, save for Orpheus Telos. Played some of P4 but I watched a full walkthrough of it so I know basically everything going on there. I know the basic plot of Arena.

Ability to put in time for this: I got school on weekdays but I'm free after them. Free all weekend.

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: idk man Yukiko is cool. but I'm sorry chie for worst girl.

ALSO IT'D BE COOL IF I COULD BE AN ANTAGONIST OR SOMETHING

unless I'm not cool enough.

Edited by Dracocoa

oh wait i should have read this first

Preference (Persona User/Social Link): the hell is this

Opinion on the basic idea: Looks cool.

Level of pre-existing knowledge (THIS IS WHERE YOU ASK FOR A RUNDOWN OF PERSONA IN GENERAL IF YOU STILL WANT MORE): I know little about Personas and tarot cards and mottiff and all that jazz. How does this even work? I know they summon eldritch abominations things that have powers and blow up other eldritch abominations things, but that is all.

Ability to put in time for this: The very same ability for Mafia.

Any other comments? Suggestions? Rear tears about Yukiko being worst girl? Shoot, I'm all ears here: No.