Melodic Does The Draw UPDATED 1/18/2017

Melodi

So here I am, finally making an art thread. For the most part, I'm hoping to amass constructive criticism and hopefully strengthen my art style along the way! 

Before we get to the actual art, I apologize in advance for any low quality images, 99% of the pictures for the traditional art are taken with my phone.

[spoiler=Old stuff]AxAWKsB.jpg?2

It sucks that I don't actually have the actual image for this next one but whatever, right?
Qc6biU1l.png

ZxZ4wdFl.jpg
All that stuff is maybe a year or two old at this point and my art style has changed since then so none of it is really 100% relevant anymore.

I could use more stuff for that last spoiler but it's not really necessary because I'm here to talk about more current pieces. 

[spoiler=More current art, Cutesy things]Okay so this is all going to be my more cartoony chibi stuff, which is for whatever reason the stuff I color most.

tumblr_nk4y0gGakF1rffdhbo1_1280.jpg
Over the summer I drew up a boat load of mermaid designs that i sometimes still draw so yeah! The original drawing of this particular mermaid will be further down in the post.

tumblr_nlwbh0tDdH1rffdhbo5_400.jpg
Edea Lee from Bravely Default

tumblr_niudw2liAL1rffdhbo1_1280.jpgMeduka

Pitty Pat
tumblr_nfkmcsQT7D1rffdhbo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nkglqqN12R1rffdhbo2_540.jpg
And to finish off this little chunk, have a little Agatha I drew for a friend.

And now for my most preferred style, the not-chibi one. 
[spoiler=How Many Ways Can I Draw Myself Before You Get Suspicious]I'll might as well start with this one
agctHPQ.png

Up next we have random OC
tumblr_ni63ntkhTf1rffdhbo1_1280.jpg

Anglerfish Mermaid
tumblr_nifg5bUMBG1rffdhbo1_1280.jpg
Maybe I'll color that someday.

tumblr_nhxxv2IH691rffdhbo1_1280.png
Different OC that ended up as practice drawing butts.

tumblr_ni74tdronQ1rffdhbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh01bymMN11rffdhbo1_400.jpg

tumblr_nhlxjzr9T21rffdhbo1_1280.jpg
I'm never finishing this.

And, to finish off this spoiler, something I drew yesterday!
Vl9k52S.jpg?1

Because this is a Fire Emblem Forum, the obligatory Fire Emblem art!
[spoiler=I'm hoping to expand to other FE characters but I've been lazy as of late so it's mostly Awakening characters right now]Lets do this!
tumblr_nh9gsoK6h01rffdhbo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nmug069TYi1rffdhbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nh4mp9cY161rffdhbo1_1280.jpg
Henrizzle the Birb Wizzle

tumblr_nez6t7mLI51rffdhbo1_1280.jpg

obcFurh.jpg?1
Tiki The Actual Five Year Old

1NGJAhg.jpg?1
MU, because why not?

wDEumVt.jpg
Ryouma from FE14!

That all barely scratches the surface (especially the Fire Emblem Portion, my god), but I think it's a relatively good mix of my range of art styles and a good place to start. I hope to be posting mainly Fire Emblem related works, because we all can relate to Fire Emblem for the most part, right?

Comments and criticism are welcomed and encouraged! 

Edited by Melodi

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love... pretty much everything here, actually. The mermaids especially.

I enjoy your art style. it's the kind of cutesy, charming style that I like. Keep up the good work, definitely.

No, seriously, the mermaids are cool.

omg i like your chibi

maybe you could grant a request

Sorry, Icarasu, but i don't do requests! It's hard to explain why but I just don't like to have someone else decides and sets the parameters of what I pour my creativity into it's just sort of difficult for me to do.

Some of your best work are the chibis( special shout out to Edea Lee).

It's a cutesy style, its really nice.

I'm not much of a critic but I do like it ^^.

Wow, these all look great o: I love the Mermaid one.. I like your artstyle. o:

I love... pretty much everything here, actually. The mermaids especially.

I enjoy your art style. it's the kind of cutesy, charming style that I like. Keep up the good work, definitely.

No, seriously, the mermaids are cool.

Thank you all for your kind words! I'll be sure to show off more of my mermaid designs soon ouo

Sorry for the delay in updates! Here's a little doodle of Ricken I started messing around with colors on.

[spoiler=Haha this thing is gigantic ]
b2aiycg.png?1

I'm probably going to clean up the sketch and color it for real soon, but wanted to get some feedback on what I've got down on the canvas so far!

''Can't handle the cute.''

Love these, especially the Edea Lee one and that Donnel riding a pig. rofl

I demand moar!

Ahhhh, I can't wait to show more! I hope to post more of my stuff very soon (that is if i can actually draw anything that looks finished, which i think i can but shrug)!

Really good for a doodle.

Ahhh, thanks! Sometimes the doodles turn out way better than the things that are actually planned out and all that jazz.

He looks...older. Good job!

Does he? I hope that's not a bad thing, but i guess it's because his eyes aren't as massive and doe-like as they are in his sprite!

I'll try and post some more stuff within a day or two, thank you for all your nice words ouo!

I'm going to concur with the opinion that Ricken looks slighly older in your image. Also, I notice the lines on the lower right of the hat looks a bit odd where it meets the cloak. I assume the hat is meant to be circular, but the line seems to bend back out, if you know what I mean.

It's a great image, though.

I'm going to concur with the opinion that Ricken looks slighly older in your image. Also, I notice the lines on the lower right of the hat looks a bit odd where it meets the cloak. I assume the hat is meant to be circular, but the line seems to bend back out, if you know what I mean.

It's a great image, though.

Ah! I'd never have noticed if you didn't mention it! I can't tell what i was doing over there, but I'll be sure to fix that up when i go back into it. Thank you~

Alrighty!, I've got a few more pieces to share with everyone, so get ready!

First up we've got an old-ish drawing that I use mainly as my computer bg
[spoiler=Idk it's something cute and i wanted to share]JhZTjoM.png?1

Next, we've got some assorted doodles!
[spoiler=Let the doodle assortment begin]These are some random scribblies of my two tacticians as recruitable units that I did in Chemisty a few days back
fU64bzD.jpg
zEJ3Ibi.jpg
I am so sorry for the weird notepad but it was free paper and i wasn't about to let the opportunity pass me by...

Hoshi let me draw her absolutely adorable OC and said I could post my drawing!
[spoiler=I had so much fun drawing wings again ouo]1G90e1K.jpg

And lastly, here's some coloring practice I did after watching a literal boatload of Steven Universe earlier today:
[spoiler=Thaaaaaats whyyyy the people of this world believe in Garnet, Amethyst, ]AAAAAAAND PEARL
TA9dHEd.png?1

That's all for now! I'd love to hear what everyone has to say, so don't be afraid to send your thoughts my way!

i feel bad that i have not seen this thread before

guess that what happens when you choose to stay in a chat thread all day heehee

These are all like, the most excellent and most bodacious drawings i've seen in a while

especially love the Meduka ones

keep it up, Melody owo)b

Edited by Shockmaster

Hey these are really good! Very cute style you have, I like it a lot. My artisitic sense is horrendous, so I can't offer any critique that would be worthwhile, but some of the pieces that I really liked were your Edea Lee drawing (because Edea is the bomb), Angler Fish girl (deep sea fish are nightmare fuel to be honest), Sketchbook filled picture (looks a little like Lucina, except more jovial), and the teary eyed girl that was your wallpaper for a while (very cute style).

Hope you keep updating.

And now, the moment you all actually seem to have been waiting for: An Update!

[spoiler=Haha I didn't feel like sizing everything down so you'll have to live with huge images inside of spoilers]
[spoiler=Take a look at this majestic Moon Boob]ZM0doOE.jpg?1

[spoiler=Haon you have been waiting for an eternity for me to finish this]I still have no clue what the front of the armor looks like
UsJjvwO.jpg?1

[spoiler=MERMAIDS HOLY SHIT]
ZCMBvOJ.jpg?1
And then there's also a Melodishark
Lc6ktrE.jpg?1

[spoiler=And lastly, we have a two day old image of my current art project, MONOPRINTING]Have you noticed my obsession with fish yet
FhsofLC.jpg?1

Part of me regrets not shrinking the images down now.

Edited by MelodicStarshowers

A quick update consisting of more mermaids and some WIP art!

As usual, comments and criticism are welcomed and encouraged!

[spoiler=Mermaids]The first image makes me think about the Death Parade opening.
agSveR1.jpg?2

I couldn't quite place what was wrong with that one hand, so if anyone has any help to offer I'd really appreciate it!

Ac0O3wD.jpg?1
Boy do I love sharks

[spoiler=WIP stuff]This one's got some layers to it, mainly because I've got a few sets of WIP on it, the second and third of which may or may not be tossed.
[spoiler=Original Sketch]
wip__the_wizartist__probably__by_melodic

[spoiler=Cleaning up lines]Haha yeah I'm really really lazy about finishing the line clean up tbh, partially because I got frustrated with the nose and the iPad keeps dying.
6IFnEc2.png

[spoiler=I gave up on the lines and just started slapping colors on]I always seem to give up on linework because I want to color.
HZ3a1wR.png

And there you have it! Next time, I hope to have some traditional stuff colored, so stay tuned~!

I really like the way you draw! it's kinda similar to the way I draw but also really different (everybody has their own style)

I hope you continue with the updates, it's really fun to look at c: