Is there any RPG resemble to fire emblem?

khanhvu

Radiant Historia has grid-based combat, however it is more typical JRPG based. It has some pretty nice tactics of pushing enemies into other enemies using certain attacks and damaging all enemies on top of the other enemies on the grid in that one square at once

*Nerds out* :D

*Coughs*

Yeah, sorry about that. Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is good as well- plus it has a feature that I would love to see in the FE series. :)

Seconding Shining force, considering its pretty much Sega's take on the formula. Also Bahamut Lagoon is something I need to try too.

Bahamut Lagoon is one of Square best games the west didn't get right up there with Seiken Densetsu 3 IMO.

Bahamut Lagoon is one of Square best games the west didn't get right up there with Seiken Densetsu 3 IMO.

I have had the joy of playing Seiken Densetsu 3 at least. I will look into BL in the near future for sure.

I have heard "rondo of swords" for the DS is like fire emblem but harder (and slightly more opaque, but if you've played fe 1 and 2, you probably have no objection to counting enemy ranges and such) Have an LP (or just read the intro page, which explains things better then i could): http://lparchive.org/Rondo-of-Swords/

I have had the joy of playing Seiken Densetsu 3 at least. I will look into BL in the near future for sure.

Yeah, BL is really good in the term of both story and gameplay, you should totally try it. But getting a not-glitched English version is kinda...tough.

Telepath Tactics got released on Steam and GOG last week. It has very heavy Fire Emblem influences; there's some usable magic/skill and you can backstab units for additional damage, but pretty much everything else is pure Fire Emblem. Permadeath, weapon durability and types, high difficulty, character recruitment, leveling up, chapter structure, ect. I only had time to play a few chapters so far, but it's looking pretty decent so far. I wouldn't call it amazing at the moment, but definitively worth a look into. My final rating can obviously change one way or the other once I complete the game.

Other than that, I heavily second Der Langrisser, Langrisser IV and Shining Force 2. The first two are translated Japanese games, but Der Langrisser is in my opinion the best strategy-rpg game ever and Langrisser IV is not far behind. Shining Force 2 is excellent all around: the gameplay is a bit basic but it's very enjoyable. The character variety is very nice and the "walk around, visit towns and explore" is pretty unique for an srpg game and it's quite pretty for a game of the style and era. The first Shining Force is also good, but it pales before part 2 in my opinion.

Finally, I have to second the Tom Clancy Shadow Wars on 3DS suggestion. I really wasn't expecting much and it's an early 3DS title, but I ended up being extremely pleased with it.

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is great, if not merciless to the players. The Agarest games count as well, I guess, if you don't mind going through so many repetitive battles and grinding. Disgaea too likes to push the grind factor a lot.

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is great, if not merciless to the players. The Agarest games count as well, I guess, if you don't mind going through so many repetitive battles and grinding. Disgaea too likes to push the grind factor a lot.

I'll second Covenant of the Plume. I really don't play strategy games outside of FE (and now Code Name STEAM), but I picked this up and enjoyed what I played of it. That said, I never beat it, since it really is brutally hard. But I easily understood the mechanics after playing so much FE.

And the overkill system is morbidly hilarious, which is a nice contrast to the game's supremely depressing and dark storyline.

Edited by Ragnell

Argarest kind of interests me, but I don't want to sink money into an iOS app and then not get into the game.

My friend recently suggested Terra Battle, which he called a cross between Othello and FE/FFT, but I haven't played it myself.

Radiant Historia has grid-based combat, however it is more typical JRPG based. It has some pretty nice tactics of pushing enemies into other enemies using certain attacks and damaging all enemies on top of the other enemies on the grid in that one square at once

I love RH but it's nothing like FE. For OP: your enemies are on a grid and a bunch of the gameplay is manipulating their position on a grid so you can hit them with multiple area attacks (or move them to one spot and attack them all simultaneously). Your characters themselves don't move on a grid, they're in a typical JRPG formation (which is 3 people on a line facing the enemy).

Argarest kind of interests me, but I don't want to sink money into an iOS app and then not get into the game.

My friend recently suggested Terra Battle, which he called a cross between Othello and FE/FFT, but I haven't played it myself.

The Agarest series games are cheap, though. The first game is less than 20 dollars. I recommend playing Zero or 2, though, because the first one has a lot of repetitive battles (at least in gen 1) in comparison to others.

Edited by Rapier

I'll second Covenant of the Plume. I really don't play strategy games outside of FE (and now Code Name STEAM), but I picked this up and enjoyed what I played of it. That said, I never beat it, since it really is brutally hard. But I easily understood the mechanics after playing so much FE.

And the overkill system is morbidly hilarious, which is a nice contrast to the game's supremely depressing and dark storyline.

I'll third Covenant of the Plume. It's a traditional SRPG with some unique mechanics. Whenever you attack an opponent, allies within range will also attack. What this means is that you want to place your units in such a way as to gain as many free attacks as possible. The kicker is that the enemies can do this as well, so if you let them gang up on you, you're in trouble. If a battle is too hard, you can use the Destiny Plume to turn a party member into a godlike killing machine, but the trade off is that they die after battle. The overkill system rewards you with cool items if you continue beating enemies after their health is depleted in the same battle. The game also has multiple story paths and endings, and a New Game+ so you can experience them all without too much repetition.

There's a knockoff game on iOS called Partia. Ain't that good but I have to give a fellow props for trying.

If people keep mentioning Codename Steam then I feel it's worthy to mention a game very similar to it (personally I think it did the whole 3rd Person view better), Valkyria Chronicles. 3 games, most of 'em pretty good, and one is on PC. A lot more real-time elements to it but it still feels like an SRPG through and through.

There's a knockoff game on iOS called Partia. Ain't that good but I have to give a fellow props for trying.

If people keep mentioning Codename Steam then I feel it's worthy to mention a game very similar to it (personally I think it did the whole 3rd Person view better), Valkyria Chronicles. 3 games, most of 'em pretty good, and one is on PC. A lot more real-time elements to it but it still feels like an SRPG through and through.

Ugh, that game was awful. I played both Partia 1 and 2 - don't waste your money.

Why is nobody mentioning the PSP remake of Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together?! It is a fun game with an amazing story! I highly recommend it. I swear FE:if took inspiration from that game with the whole "what if" scenario.

Edited by Leif

I'm obviously biased, but I would recommend Telepath Tactics. It's similar to Fire Emblem, but it has destructible battlefields, engineers who can build bridges and barricades, and you can shove enemies off cliffs and into water or lava. (Plus, it has mod support and a local multiplayer mode.)

TTReleaseTrailerThumb.png

The demo just came out today, so you can try it out for free. :)

I would recommend SFII but then the ending.happened.

Uh, play the Devil Survivor games.