2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to point out that the Raiders have been relatively healthy, even with a 39 year old Charles Woodsen playing like he's 34 and several injury prone players like Justin Tuck.

Also as a Lions fan I'm concerned with what I'm seeing in the Vikings. As if the Packers weren't bad enough running the NFC north now we gotta contend with an up-and-coming Minnesota. That defense isn't afraid to get nasty

Huh, I'm surprised to see you say that, Lord Raven. And I've got something surprising to say too. I would be alright if the Steelers didn't win the Super Bowl, even if they actually got to it. Because Bell can't get a ring. He's not able to play. And I think both he and AB deserve one.

Speaking of AB, he's AFC Offensive Player of the Month for November! W00t. :D Also, Ben's been practicing and is okay, so he shouldn't miss more games for now, yaaay.

Now for my game picks. I almost forgot about them.

Packers vs Lions: I'd normally pick the Packers here for obvious reasons, but I dunno given how up and down they've been lately while the Lions seem to be on a hot streak. My gut tells me to go Lions at home.

Texans vs Bills: Hm, possibly an even match here with the improvement the Texans have had lately. I think I'll go Texans though.

49ers vs Bears: I still think the Niners suck. :P

Bengals vs Browns: Browns couldn't even beat down a Ravens team that had their offense nearly depleted entirely. Though they did get wildly unlucky in the end.

Ravens vs Dolphins: And I still think the Ravens offense is too depleted to do much against even a mediocre team like the Dolphins. It's a road game for the Ravens too.

Seahawks vs Vikings: As much as I'm starting to really dislike the Seahawks now, they're better than the Vikings.

Jets vs Giants: New York showdown, huh? I'm thinking Giants due to what Jack says above, plus they're at home.

Cardinals vs Rams: Rams are looking blah lately while the Cards are good.

Falcons vs Bucs: Both these teams are struggling, but I think the Falcons are less so.

Jaguars vs Titans: Tough pick to make here, they seem evenly matched to me... But since I prefer the Jags, I guess I'll say them.

Chiefs vs Raiders: Raiders look better, imo, plus they're at home. Chiefs are changing timezones here.

Broncos vs Chargers: Chargers just don't look good right now while the Broncos are decent.

Eagles vs Patriots: I don't think this needs any explanation. xP

Panthers vs Saints: Dem Panthers, man.

Colts vs Steelers: Last year's showdown between these two, anyone? And Andrew Luck isn't even in the mix this time. And it's in Heinz Field again. Those pooooor Colts and their fans.

Cowboys vs Redskins: LOL Cowboys right now.

Now for 3-things-to-know, this edition being for the Colts!

Three Things to Know vs the Colts

1. Have Ben throw 6 TDs and over 500 yards again. The Colts aren't that great overall right now and Andrew Luck isn't playing, but you still need to watch out for TY Hilton. He lit us up last year.

2. Even though Hasselbeck is filling in for Luck, treat him no different. Pressure him like Luck got pressured last year, maybe even more so since Luck was good at escaping the pressure.

3. Better pass defense this time please. Like I mentioned above, the Colts put up over 40 points on us last year, and the Seahawks ripped apart our secondary just last Sunday. Tomlin needs to stop considering making changes at CB and actually MAKE them.

Edited by Anacybele

bell will get a ring if the steelers somehow pull a W out of their asses

Not if he doesn't play, I'd imagine. It wouldn't make sense if he doesn't play. Because he didn't do anything to EARN it. Bell would probably feel this way anyway, if he's as nice a guy as he seems (he has my favorite smile in the whole NFL too). I know if I were a big time NFL player, I'd want to earn my ring instead of wind up with one just because my team won the SB while I was injured.

You know what I mean?

Edited by Anacybele

yes it does

a bunch of our players on IR during our super bowl run (and there were like 10) won super bowl rings for being on the squad. stokley won a super bowl ring with the giants for being on IR during that super bowl, same with the colts. i mean they played early on anyway and most people would take what they can get

you're splitting hairs with the difference between "getting a ring" and "earning a ring" and even then the definition of 'earning' varies wildly from person to person. he's gonna get a ring because he's currently on the roster. in fact, most executives and interns get super bowl rings too for most organizations.

I'd be fine with the Bengals winning it all, too. Of course, there's not much real animosity between the Bengals and Browns. It's probably because the Bengals were founded by Paul Brown after he was fired by Art Modell. With how revered Brown is and how despised Modell is, it kinda makes sense that we don't hate the Bengals much. There are other factors, like the fact that they play four games every year against two teams we have much more reason to hate (kinda hard to hate a team you have to spend 1/4 of every season rooting for). And also Bengals fans are eerily absent from the Cleveland area (there's tons of Steelers fans in Cleveland, which helps fuel that rivalry). There may be a stronger rivalry in the Columbus area, where there's a greater mix of Browns and Bengals fans, but when I lived in Columbus for half a year everyone just watched Ohio State and ignored talking about the NFL entirely (of course, both the Browns and the Bengals were bad at the time so it's not like we could've trash talked each other very well).

Edit: There was some anti-Bengals sentiment in 2007 after they kept us out of an incredibly rare chance at a playoff appearance, but we've pretty much let that go. Which is weird, because we Cleveland Sports Fans usually never let a grudge go.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Huh, I'd have thought there was a little rivalry over the state because both are in Ohio. I mean, the Steelers and Eagles share a little rivalry over PA. Although, it's not notable because the Steelers have ruled the state for like ever. XD More than half of PA are Steelers fans. The Steelers also dominate WV as far as I've seen as well. And the Eagles suck right now. lol

Are.. Are the Lions about to blow-out the Packers?

Is this real life?

I'm having Thanksgiving flashbacks, and I'm not talking about last week. Ugh

If the Lions win this game, the rest of their schedule is much easier and they have a decent chance of winning out and going 9-7. The only non-division-leading teams in the NFC with an above-.500 record are the Packers, Falcons, and Seahawks. With the Packers and Falcons both floundering immensely and the Seahawks being kinda inconsistent this year, the Lions actually have a shot (admittedly kind of a long shot) of capturing a wild card.

The Packers at nothing at the end of the first half? ...Rodgers been drinking or something? o.O

Oh, by the way. If in the future, there's an NFL player named Cameron (not sure of the last name), that's mentioned to have lost his best friend to suicide... That was my brother. Cameron plays football, and several colleges are looking at him, I heard. So he's looking eventually NFL-bound to me.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember Matt Flynn. He was so bad that Cortez Allen got a pick-six on him. lol And Cortez Allen sucks too.

Edited by Anacybele

The Lions making the playoffs would be pretty incredible after their start...but not inconceivable if they win here. They do need to win out most likely but their remaining schedule is: Rams, Saints, Niners, Bears which is a relatively easy lineup. They would then need all but one of these scenarios to happen:

1. Packers lose 2 games or more they have Raiders, Cowboys, Cardinals, Vikings remaining

2. Falcons lose 2 games or more they have Bucs, Jags, Panthers x2, and Saints remaining

3. Seahawks lose 3 games or lose 2 and get eliminated in a 3 team tie at 9-7 with a South or East team due to conference record. They have Vikings, Browns, Ravens. Rams, Cardinals remaining.

4. Bucs must lose at least 1 game- losing to the Bears, Saints or Rams means they lose the tiebreaker to the Lions, if their loss is to the Falcons or Panthers it come down to SoV. Or they could just lose 2 games.

5. Either the Giants or Redskins must lose at least one game. The Redskins loss can't be to Buffalo. If their loss is to the Eagles or Bears Lions win the tiebreaker, if it's to the Cowboys comes down to SoV.

Bears are eliminated by a 9-7 Lions team so no need to worry about them.

If the Packers win out or go 10-6 and the Vikings end up 9-7 the Lions would be eliminated(well...there are actually some ways around it but it'd make things tougher).

Edited by -Cynthia-

The Lions making the playoffs would be pretty incredible after their start...but not inconceivable if they win here. They do need to win out most likely but their remaining schedule is: Rams, Saints, Niners, Bears which is a relatively easy lineup. They would then need all but one of these scenarios to happen:

Packers lose 2 games or more they have Raiders, Cowboys, Cardinals, Vikings remaining

Falcons lose 2 games or more they have Bucs, Jags, Panthers x2, and Saints remaining

Seahawks lose 3 games or lose 2 and get eliminated in a 3 team tie at 9-7 with a South or East team due to conference record. They have Vikings, Browns, Ravens. Rams, Cardinals remaining.

Bucs must lose at least 1 game- losing to the Bears, Saints or Rams means they lose the tiebreaker to the Lions, if their loss is to the Falcons or Panthers it would be SOV. Or they could just lose 2 games.

Either the Giants or Redskins must lose at least one game. The Redskins loss can't be to Buffalo. If their loss is to the Eagles or Bears Lions win the tiebreaker, if it's to the Cowboys comes down to SoV.

Bears are eliminated by a 9-7 Lions team so no need to worry about them.

If the Packers win out or go 10-6 and the Vikings end up 9-7 the Lions would be eliminated(well...there are actually some ways around it but it'd make things tougher).

I could see the Packers losing to the Cardinals even if they do get their act together after this, and the Vikings have been pretty good this year too (though the Packers beat them last time).

The Falcons could definitely lose to the Panthers twice.

The Seahawks are also underdogs against the Cardinals and I'd say they're about 50/50 against the Vikings. Other than that, they've got a weaker schedule than the last two but even if they capture the first wild card the Lions could still get the second.

Bucs are kinda unpredictable at this point, being another team that started out slowly but now may or may not have found their rhythm.

At this point, I'd be surprised if one NFC East team goes above .500 let alone two.

clutch third down conversion

if caldwell's smart he just runs it out to like 40s and cover the sidelines

EDIT: WOW the lions just got fucked by the worst facemask call in history

Edited by Lord Raven