2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clinching/elimination

Division titles

Clinching

New England Patriots

- New England win and New York Jets loss

Carolina Panthers

- Carolina win

- Atlanta loss

Elimination

New York Jets

- New England win and New York Jets loss

Baltimore Ravens

- Baltimore loss

- Cincinnati win

Tennessee Titans

- Tennessee loss

- Houston win

Oakland Raiders

- Oakland loss and Denver win

Chicago Bears

- Chicago loss and Minnesota win

Atlanta Falcons

- Atlanta loss

- Carolina win

St. Louis Rams

- St. Louis loss

Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins are eliminated from AFCE title contention

Cleveland Browns are eliminated from AFCN title contention

San Diego Chargers are eliminated from AFCW title contention

Detroit Lions are eliminated from NFCN title contention

Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New Orleans Saints are eliminated from NFCS title contention

San Francisco 49ers are eliminated from NFCW title contention

Playoffs

Clinching

Note: I will not include the title clinching scenarios in this section.

New England Patriots

- New England win and Kansas City loss

- New England win and Pittsburgh loss

Cincinnati Bengals

- Cincinnati win, Indianapolis loss, Houston loss, New York Jets loss

- Cincinnati win, Indianapolis loss, Houston loss, Kansas City loss, Denver win

Carolina Panthers

- Seattle loss

Elimination

Cleveland Browns

- Cleveland loss

- Pittsburgh win, Baltimore win, Kansas City win, Buffalo win, New York Jets win

Tennessee Titans

- Tennessee loss

San Francisco 49ers

- San Francisco loss, Seattle win

Its hard to even be mad or disappointed when you're conditioned to expect these things to happen...

Tough loss, but probably doesn't even crack the top 10 for worst losses I've seen.

Just off the top of my head from the past few seasons:

2010 opener against the Bears that ended with Calvin getting robbed of the game-winning TD. Had the TD stood this win would have ended their record road game losing streak.

Losing Stafford to injury and a double-digit lead in the 4th qtr against the Jets in 2010

Matt Flynn having the greatest performance in Packers history in the final game of the 2011 season despite half the Packer's starters benched and playing against a Lions team that was desperately fighting for playoff seeding to win in GB for the first time in decades.

The following WC game where they got annihilated by the Saints in New Orleans, who they could have avoided had they been able to beat Matt Flynn.

Colts scoring 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes in Luck's rookie year, including the game winner as time expired.

2012 Thanksgiving game against the Texans when they got screwed because Schwartz threw a challenge on a Texans TD run, thus drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and nullifying the review which would have showed that it wasn't a TD. Not to mention Jason Hanson missing what would have been the game winning FG in OT.

Justin Tucker going 6/6 on field goals, including kicking the 61 yarder to beat the Lions on MNF and essentially end their season in 2013.

Last years WC playoff against the Cowboys

Calvin fumbling at the 1 yard-line against the Seahawks, followed by the missed illegal bat penalty by the officials.

Edited by Team Alucard

On one hand, from how the play looked at first (especially from the angle the referee saw it, particularly at the speed at which it went), I don't blame them too much for calling that.

On the other hand, this is exactly why penalties like these should be reviewable.

Needless to say, happy with the win, even if it was by an insane amount of luck that we managed to pull it off.

Oh wow, poor Ravens...again. :o

I mean, Miami isn't that great and they're blowing them out... I do like the Dolphins though. Still my third favorite team after the Panthers and Steelers. I just don't pay that much attention to them since the Steelers and Panthers are usually enough.

Panthers play at 4:25, Steelers at 8:30. Evening of football, yes. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, coolio for them! No, really. The Ravens deserve some happy times right now after the crap they've been going through lately. And I'm saying this as a diehard Steelers fan. It's like I said before, my "hate" for the Ravens is just a rivalry thing, not real hate. :)

So we're 3 points behind because Myers can't consistently make extra points. Good shit.

Jags are winning now, tho! :)

Also, a little not so good news for the Steelers: Heath Miller probably won't play because of that rib injury he took. But I'm glad we seem to have solid backups in Matt Spaeth and Jesse James. Jesse James looks like he could for sure be Heath 2.0 in every sense.

EDIT: Aaand, now the Jags are behind again. But only by a little.

Edited by Anacybele

I hear you on that, the defense was partly responsible for the Steelers losing to the Seahawks too. >.> (the other reasons being bad officiating and Ben's interceptions, one of which was caused by bad officiating).

Thread title is on spot.

EDIT: Panthers just clinched the NFC South with the Falcons losing! Yay 3 years in a row! :D

Also, Matt Shaub is throwing for 300 yards? Damn, now I see how he got to be one of the guys with a 500 yard game.

Edited by Anacybele

Cardinals, Rams are at 27-3 in favor of the Cardinals in the Fourth Quarter.

And people said our offense would be utterly gimped without Chris Johnson?

Edited by Jedi

12 straight games decided by one score

fuck

Man, that sucks too. Though, I don't know whether to say that's due to all the injuries or that the Ravens simply need to be better at closing games...

clinching/elimination

Division titles

Carolina Panthers are the NFCS division champions.

Elimination

Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins are eliminated from AFCE title contention

Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns are eliminated from AFCN title contention

San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders are eliminated from AFCW title contention

Detroit Lions are eliminated from NFCN title contention

St. Louis Rams and San Francisco 49ers are eliminated from NFCW title contention

Playoffs

Clinching

Note: I will not include the title clinching scenarios in this section.

Elimination

Cleveland Browns are eliminated from playoff contention.

Edited by Lord Raven

I can believe it after that Seattle game with the Steelers...

Panthers just dodged a bullet with that Saints FG try being no good. Cam threw a pick for the first time in a while and it gave the Saints another opportunity after getting a TD earlier. It's looking to me like the Panthers are letting being 11-0 get to their heads and they better knock it off if they want to be perfect all year.

EDIT: And the Saints just got a TD off a really iffy fumble call. What the fuck.

Edited by Anacybele