2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lions need Calvin lol that dude is still killin it despite being past his prime. They only have like Golden Tate for when Calvin is gone on the receiving end, and unless Jim Bob Cooter can make miracles happen they need him.

Like if this is past his prime then you should've seen his prime. Fucking frightening. He beat Jerry Rice's long standing receiving yards record. He's still basically an elite receiver past his prime. He could make catches in triple coverage with no issue. He wasn't undefendable but he was very close.

Edited by Lord Raven

Saying Megatron is old is comical. He could easily contribute if he wanted to play. That being said, he's actually been banged up quite a bit in his career. He hasn't missed a ton of games but it seems like he's nursing multiple nagging injuries by the end of every season. As the obvious #1 WR on his team, he's taking a lot of hits every game.

I was initially shocked hearing he wanted to retire. However, I understand now. If he doesn't think the Lions have a chance to compete over the next few years, there's no reason to continue putting his body at risk.

Well, he's still getting up there in age. And yeah, the Lions don't have much going for them right now. He definitely WOULD be too old by the time they do become a real good team.

On another topic, Browns are cutting Manziel. Exactly a Browns thing to do. I'm rather disappointed because 1, I'd love to see a fully competitive AFC North, 2, Manziel was showing improvement from last season, and 3, the Browns will never get anywhere if they keep cutting every QB that walks in their door. They have to develop one. You don't see the Titans cutting Mariota or the Bucs cutting Winston even though both teams had bad seasons. They want to let them develop. They've only been around one season while Manziel has only had two so far, but he hardly got much playing time in his rookie season.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing Winston cut though, he's a rapist. I saw the story on TV, he raped a poor girl in college and I saw her talk about her story right on TV while in a lot of tears, and with a lot of details. I can't believe he's not getting any attention while Ben is still being called rapist-themed names for something that happened nearly eight years ago with no evidence and with at least the first of the two girls and her lawyer admitting to lying about it. Winston deserves to be in jail, not playing in the NFL. And he deserves the rapist insults, not Ben.

Edited by Anacybele

Do you really see a problem with the Browns cutting Manziel from a developmental standpoint? As a rookie he was calling plays incorrectly in the huddle. This season, he barely made any discernible progress on the field, and still can't stop partying or stay off the news. Who wants a player around that is not only me-first, but can't even cut it from a talent prospective?

Now, drafting Manziel in the first place was certainly a Browns move. However, now is 100% time to move on from him. He adds absolutely no value to that team.

As for Winston... um, wut? You think neither Ben accuser had a tearful story to tell?

Do you really see a problem with the Browns cutting Manziel from a developmental standpoint? As a rookie he was calling plays incorrectly in the huddle. This season, he barely made any discernible progress on the field, and still can't stop partying or stay off the news. Who wants a player around that is not only me-first, but can't even cut it from a talent prospective?

Now, drafting Manziel in the first place was certainly a Browns move. However, now is 100% time to move on from him. He adds absolutely no value to that team.

As for Winston... um, wut? You think neither Ben accuser had a tearful story to tell?

There's a thing called discipline and making a player wise up. Ben was told to get his crap straight or he would be gone, and now he's gotten a lot of respect.

And given that one of Ben's accusers admitted to lying and there was no evidence found in either case, no, I wouldn't believe they had a tearful story to tell. Lots of details, crying, going on public TV and telling it in front of everyone? That's very hard to fake, and any sane person would know that telling a lie like that on public TV would result in people giving you a LOT of shit. Also, whether Ben did anything wrong or not, that doesn't excuse what Winston did. If Ben should be called a rapist, so should Winston.

Edited by Anacybele

Please look up the Duke lacrosse rape scandal if you REALLY don't think someone could fabricate a story AND make it public. You seem to be convinced there are people who call Ben a rapist and not Winston. Ben had more than one incident which made him look terrible.

What it all comes down to though, is this: what does it really matter? Who gives a rat's ass if someone calls Ben a rapist? He's going into the Hall of Fame when he retires. I deal with people regularly who want to trash the Patriots or Tom Brady (ignorant coworkers, even patients I interact with lol.) I'll tell someone they're wrong but honestly, is it really worth getting all worked up about?

I mean, maybe Winston did rape that girl. And if he did, he shouldn't be playing. However, he didn't get charged so we can't just toss him out of the league. Additionally, there are PLENTY of players in the NFL today who shouldn't be playing based on past legal transgressions. If you have talent and you didn't murder someone (read: get caught murdering someone,) you will find a team who wants you. That's the reality of this league.

Because Ben is not a rapist at the moment? I don't see any current accusations on him. He got in trouble more than half a decade ago and has cleaned his act up.

Whether or not Ben OR Winston did anything, it just pisses me off that Ben gets crap for what happened with him while Winston gets off easy.

Was Tom Brady ever accused of a crime like rape? I don't think so. Being accused of rape is way different from being accused of cheating in a football game.

Edited by Anacybele

Because Ben is not a rapist at the moment? I don't see any current accusations on him. He got in trouble more than half a decade ago and has cleaned his act up.

Two questions.

1) How can you "not be a rapist at the moment"? Moshe Katzav is sitting in jail for rape. Since he's probably not assaulting any women there, does that mean that he's not a rapist anymore?

2) I get the feeling that if Ben Roethlisberger was the QB for any team other than Carolina or Pittsburgh, you'd think that he was a rapist and a terrible human being. Don't respond to this, it's going to be a waste of yours and our time.

Because you're talking about someone that's in jail where they can't do much of anything. Ben is obviously not in jail. Big difference.

Why make that post then? And no, if Ben was on a team that isn't the Steelers or Panthers, I wouldn't think he's a terrible human being. I'm perfectly capable of respecting players that aren't Steelers or Panthers, you know. Take Ray Lewis, for example. He seems like he's turned himself around after that murder he was a part of.

Personally, cutting Manziel made me breathe a sigh of relief. Especially after the latest incident with him (apparently, he assaulted his ex-girlfriend). Even if that wasn't the case, he was still a bad QB who lacked the discipline needed to get good. The same reason Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf did well enough in college to get drafted high and then were garbage in the NFL.

The only downside of cutting Manziel is that the QB class in the upcoming draft doesn't have any real standouts with obvious pro potential, so I'm a little nervous about the fact that we're probably going to use our #2 overall pick on one of these guys when our team has holes basically everywhere.

So... the NFL took recordings of football PSIs the entire season and... threw away the results? Were they scared that they would finally prove that their investigation a year ago was complete bullshit and a waste of money? That they might have to give back the Pats' first round pick this year?

I'm totally not salty about this

So... the NFL took recordings of football PSIs the entire season and... threw away the results? Were they scared that they would finally prove that their investigation a year ago was complete bullshit and a waste of money? That they might have to give back the Pats' first round pick this year?

I'm totally not salty about this

Coming from a Bills fan, I really wish that the Pats cheated but at the same time, I never thought they did.

Well, he's still getting up there in age. And yeah, the Lions don't have much going for them right now. He definitely WOULD be too old by the time they do become a real good team.

On another topic, Browns are cutting Manziel. Exactly a Browns thing to do. I'm rather disappointed because 1, I'd love to see a fully competitive AFC North, 2, Manziel was showing improvement from last season, and 3, the Browns will never get anywhere if they keep cutting every QB that walks in their door. They have to develop one. You don't see the Titans cutting Mariota or the Bucs cutting Winston even though both teams had bad seasons. They want to let them develop. They've only been around one season while Manziel has only had two so far, but he hardly got much playing time in his rookie season.

I honestly really don't mind that, even speaking as a Steelers fan. He was a disappointment to the team, and with a nice, high draft pick this year, the Browns could easily pick up Carson Wentz or Paxton Lynch, who can do the team nothing but good. Honestly, hoping at least one makes it to the 13th round so the Eagles can pick them (I'm still iff-y on Bradford), but c'est la vie.

... I also want to believe this will be a good superbowl, but after the last time the Broncos made it in, I dunno...

Edited by FoxwolfJackson

...You're a Steelers fan?! I'm finally not alone here anymore?! Wow, it always felt like everybody here but me hated the Steelers or at least disliked them. I only removed the Steelers logo from my sig because they're not playing anymore right now.

Anyway, I thought I heard that this year's draft didn't have any good QBs? Or at least none with a lot of potential? But if the Browns can do something with one of them, I guess I can't complain.

I don't think the Broncos will screw up as badly as they did last time. :P But I still think the Panthers can win! GO PANTHERS!!

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, it always felt like everybody here but me hated the Steelers or at least disliked them.

No. We hate the Steelers because we think you're a terrible fan.

No. We hate the Steelers because we think you're a terrible fan.

1. This was not called for.

2, I don't think you should be speaking for everyone that posts in this thread.

3. Hating a team just because of one fan is immature and stupid.

4. I'm not even a terrible fan, you just think I am. You should see some of the people that post on the Steelers Facebook page. THEY are terrible fans. I'm annoyed at them all the time and often can't believe I'm cheering for the same team as those idiots.

Edited by Anacybele

Terrible fan is unfair. Obnoxious fan is a lot more appropriate. I'm rooting for the Panthers, even if it leads to Ana posting in all caps about how AWESOME that one white linebacker is

EDIT: I know his name, I just don't feel like looking up the spelling

Edited by chococoke

i hate the steelers because i hate a lot of those old school 60s/70s super bowl team fans (save the dolphins) that breed obnoxious fanbases

like i dont care about pats fans as much as steelers fans, cowboys fans, or fucking like packers fans or some shit. 49ers fans aren't that bad, though. Patriots fans aren't that bad, either. but Packers/Steelers/Bears/Raiders/most NFC East fanbases (except like the Giants fanbase, they're all over the place, just like their team) really rub me the wrong way. Kinda reminds me of that "good ol' days when blacks used to drink from the other fountain" type of America.

i also really hate the entire rest of the AFCN and it begins with the Steelers. i hate the browns. i hate the bengals. and the Steelers/Browns have the most obnoxious and annoying fanbases ever. Bengals fanbase seems to be really chill in comparison.

What? Raven, did you see the Bengals fans at the playoff game? They threw trash on our injured QB! And I saw some of them trash talk AB in the comments section of the article that talks about how AB said Burfict is an idiot. I've also seen fans PRAISE Burfict for taking the guy out too! Those fans are horrible! I've never even seen the annoying Facebook Steelers fans cheer an injured player.

I'm not arguing against you saying the Steelers fanbase is really obnoxious though, because if you look at the Facebook page, then as I said, they are far worse than I am. I constantly want to facepalm.

Edited by Anacybele

Steelers fans have been much worse and more vocal towards more shit. They're not at all innocent in this. I've also seen plenty of Steelers fans cheer on injured players - I have seen many Steelers fans make fun of me in a Flacco jersey after he tore his ACL because of the ACL.

Edited by Lord Raven

I didn't say they were innocent. I just said some make me facepalm all the time. You're right, it's stupid that someone, ANYONE, would make fun of you for that. I know I wouldn't. I would've said something a long the lines of "man, Ravens fan, huh? I'm a Steelers fan, but it sucks that Flacco got hurt, I love seeing Big Ben vs Flacco matchups! And I respect Flacco too."

There are bad fans in every fanbase, honestly, but it seems like certain fanbases have a lot more, perhaps because of the size of the fanbase in question. Probably the Steelers, Bengals, and Patriots have the most bad fans. I'm ashamed to admit it being a Steelers fan. The Steelers organization deserves better than that. Michael Vick even said he loves our organization!

Edited by Anacybele

Bengals have much better fans overall.

A very very very emotional and tough playoff game that still couldn't break a 25 year old streak of futility despite being so close is difficult for anyone to accept.

Yeah, but it's still no excuse to throw trash on Ben after he got hurt or cheer him being hurt or praise Burfict for swelling up AB's brain. I hate the Bengals now as much as you do after all that BS.

Edited by Anacybele