2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Don't give me that shit. Steelers fans used to cheer on Hines Ward and James Harrison whenever they made dirty plays, and there are reports of every single fanbase doing stuff like that to teams they really hate unless they don't have bitter rivalries.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay look

i'm not talking about you

i'm talking about steelers fans who have praised far dirtier players over the past decade and a half and loved them for the shots they give

and when vontaze burfict pulls a james harrison (or a defensive hines ward...) on antonio brown and fans cheer it on suddenly they're a terrible fanbase on par with the steelers

despite, you know, being a very very very patient fanbase. seriously, 7 playoff berths in 25 years and not a single win?

I don't know much about fans from the past decade. So I never knew of any of that, okay? Besides, I've been implying that I don't like our fanbase much anymore for that reason. I just like the team and the organization, that's all.

lol, choco. I still think it'll be a close, defensive game.

Btw, while I'm not surprised that Eric Berry got Comeback Player of the Year, I can't believe DeAngelo Williams wasn't even considered! He was injured most of last season and then had an awesome season this year. Oh well...

But yay for Ron Rivera as Coach of the Year! Go Riverboat Ron. :D

My score is based on my expectation that Denver's O-line will poop the bed early and often. Maybe Peyton gets pulled at halftime and Brock comes in to lead the Broncos to an amazing comeback victory?

Denver 32, Carolina 31

EDIT: Also, there's really nothing that beats coming back from a cancer diagnosis and being named All-Pro

Edited by chococoke

Considering the Panthers almost blew huge leads a couple times already this season, it's actually kind of realistic for that to happen. >.> But PANTHERS STILL MUST WIN.

Although, if the Broncos do, then congrats to Peyton for going out with a bang.

Btw, while I'm not surprised that Eric Berry got Comeback Player of the Year, I can't believe DeAngelo Williams wasn't even considered! He was injured most of last season and then had an awesome season this year. Oh well...

Pretty sure Carson Palmer - with his 1 MVP vote - had a significantly stronger case.

I think the weirdest part is that I saw the first Riverboat Ron image on reddit a few years back ~_~

Yeah, Cotchery should've been given that catch. I'm starting to agree with those saying this is rigged because of Peyton. And this isn't bias either, because I like the Broncos and respect Peyton.

But it doesn't excuse some of the mistakes these Panthers are making. Can ANYONE here hold onto the fucking ball anymore?

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't think that was a catch, but they said the ruling stands not the ruling is confirmed, so we're all pretty unsure.

Didn't look like cotchery had control because it moved when he hit the ground. I think they looked at that and went "it's iffy."

Edited by Lord Raven

It never actually touched the ground though, he got control of it. The announcers thought it was a catch and even an officiating expert thought it was a catch. The Panthers got seriously screwed there. It could easily be 7-6 Panthers right now if not for that.

Cam Newton needs more protection here, seriously... You don't leave guys completely unblocked. I'm glad the Panthers get the second half kickoff.

Edited by Anacybele

I would like to remind you that Carey and Simms are both idiots and Carey has been wrong on like 90% of every challenge he added his two cents to.

I'd have to check it again, but it didn't look like he had control and it looked like he touched the ground but again if this game were rigged then CJ Anderson gets that first down earlier and not a holding call.

I said the BALL didn't touch the ground, it's obvious Cotchery did. Just about everyone agreed that it was a catch. The only ones who didn't were the refs. And now Talib gets away with offside and another Denver guy just got away with PI. This officiating sucks. The Panthers are making too many mistakes of their own, but the officiating isn't helping them at all.

Yeah, this game was rigged. Cam Newton fumbled again, which is seriously unlike him, and he didn't even try to get it back, probably because he was told not to try. He actually backed away from it.

Enjoy your gift-wrapped ring and trophy, Peyton. Even though you didn't earn it. I don't want to watch NFL football if it's rigged like this, regardless of what team I'm cheering for. I guess my grandpa was right when he told me they rig things...

Even so, it didn't look like Ron Rivera prepared his team at all. They didn't deserve to win either. They probably let those awards get to their heads.

Edited by Anacybele

Overly cocky Cam Newton getting what he deserves. I don't really like Peyton since I'm a Patriots fan but I'd rather see him go out winning another Super Bowl then to see Cam Newton winning one.

I thought Cam deserved it after he produced such a great season. I thought Luke Kuechly deserved it too because he's such a great player and had a great season. Kuechly was probably the only guy on his team that played really well at all today. The rest of them weren't prepared and they're paying the price.

Cam Newton is cocky and arrogant though, I won't deny that. But he's still an awesome guy with good intentions. He's not dirty or selfish or anything like that.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't either, I'm saying it was rigged that the Broncos won. The Panthers did make too many mistakes, but their defense had a way poorer than usual performance and refs were no better. How does a defense that was so good let such a mediocre offense run all over them? Peyton can't throw well anymore and his only good receiver is Sanders. In fact, was Josh Norman ever put on Sanders? He could've shut him down.

Edited by Anacybele

The refs may have been biased, but there's no way the Panthers purposefully threw the game. Cam got nervous. You need to remember that, like most NFL players, he's been dreaming of this moment his entire life. A lot of players have trouble handling the pressure in the Super Bowl as a result, especially if it's their first one. Since I think Cam Newton's a pretty cool guy, I hope he gets another chance, and that now that he's experienced one before he'll be able to keep it together and pull through.