2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end of the Ravens game had me rolling. Way to salt the game away Harbaugh

I was there live. I kept calling GO FOR THE SAFETY and coach-senpai noticed.

No the whole last drive was amazing. 4 batted balls in 8 passes, and then an intentional safety a la Super Bowl 47. then a bunch of salty ass Bengals fans. Feels good to finally beat them for the first time since my senior year of college.

I was there live. I kept calling GO FOR THE SAFETY and coach-senpai noticed.

No the whole last drive was amazing. 4 batted balls in 8 passes, and then an intentional safety a la Super Bowl 47. then a bunch of salty ass Bengals fans. Feels good to finally beat them for the first time since my senior year of college.

Your Ravens beat a Bengals team whose offense was pretty depleted thanks to a lack of AJ Green and Giovani Bernard and they still almost tied the game at the end. That's about as impressive as the Steelers having steamrolled bad Browns and Colts teams.

Looks like the AFC North title will come down to that second Steelers and Ravens match. Glad it's in Heinz Field, hee hee. Hopefully it's a great game! And I'm glad to see this rivalry coming back. I always enjoyed it.

Edited by Anacybele

We also pulverized the Steelers who had Brown, Bell, and Ben.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Bengals won 6 straight against us, with AJ Green torching us. Bernard wouldn't have done much because they were getting shut down at every opportunity. Dalton had four balls batted down in the drive.

FYI it was 16-3 at the half. Our defense was playing prevent, and sealing games with it. It came down to a touchdown basically on purpose; just like how we completely fucked up a healthy Steelers team who scored their last TD with like 0:40 left on the clock.

Edited by Lord Raven

We also pulverized the Steelers who had Brown, Bell, and Ben.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your point is? They've been struggling against the Ravens for awhile, just as the Ravens struggled against the Bengals for awhile. Things can change, just like they did for you today. You never know what will happen. Also, we still did better than you against the Cowboys, who are the best team right now. Came extremely close to winning.

And you didn't pulverize them, the final score was a difference of just a TD.

Edited by Anacybele

i really dont know what your point is when you said this

Your Ravens beat a Bengals team whose offense was pretty depleted thanks to a lack of AJ Green and Giovani Bernard and they still almost tied the game at the end. That's about as impressive as the Steelers having steamrolled bad Browns and Colts teams.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i really dont know what your point is when you said this

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My point was that it would've been more impressive had the Ravens beaten a healthy Bengals team rather than an injury-ridden one.

Oh. Well then. xP

I still hope Ravens @ Steelers ends just as the Ravens/Bengals did today. With the Steelers snapping their own losing streak. I'm just as sick of losing to your team as you were sick of losing to the Bengals, you know. It's really about damn time this squad started crushing them again. Sigh...

We haven't won since Ben's two 6-TD games two seasons ago, one of which had been against the Ravens. I'd love to see just that kind of game happen again here...

Edited by Anacybele

Since 2011 the Steelers are something like 9-3 against us all-time.

Since 2011 we're something like 4-7 against the Bengals. It's really not as bad towards them as you are towards us... especially since they have only blown us out once since then, and one was a Week 17 game where both the Bengals and Ravens (their first string offense almost lost to our backup offense) had legitimately nothing to play for.

I didn't say it was as bad, though you're right about that. But it's still pretty pathetic because of just what went on in some of those games. This team got swept by a Ravens squad that was practically all backups last year, including at QB later since Flacco had his knee busted up. That's the most pathetic BS ever.

It was kind of funny, because like our second game in 2015 was not nearly as close as the scoreboard indicated nor was our earlier game. Same with the playoff game. The Ravens and Steelers games in the regular season of 2014 were a wash (26-6 win and a 43-23 win), and same with 2012/2013.

Steelers got crushed in 2011 though; a 35-7 win and a 23-20 win (Flacco pulling off an almost-legendary game winning drive).

I don't wanna hear you guys complaining about close games ugh. Cardiac cats got me smoking hella weed every 4th quarter just to calm my nerves.

Neato stat of the night: Only the Lions and Browns have trailed entering the 4th quarter in every single game this year. The difference? Stafford has engineed SEVEN come back wins, with our clutch kicker sealing it on multiple occasions, like his 58 yarder to tie the game in Minneapolis three weeks ago. I think the ravens and lions have the best kicking/punting units in the league this year

I don't wanna hear you guys complaining about close games ugh. Cardiac cats got me smoking hella weed every 4th quarter just to calm my nerves.

I don't know why you're saying this to me of all people, because we've had all of four games that weren't one-score in the last two seasons. And we had plenty of one-score games in 2012-2014. I think I've earned the right.

Ravens have been doing ugly wins and ugly losses since Jim Caldwell was a Ravens coach.

Edited by Lord Raven

FUCKING HELL. Fuck this season. I'm not watching anymore until next year. Four losses in a row now is unacceptable for this team. The refs screwed the team most of the game, but the defense was ass all second half and failing 4 two point conversion attempts was PATHETIC. I thought the attempts were a good idea at first, but then when it got to three and then four, it was stupid.

I'm starting to think either Tomlin or Butler needs fired. This defense is awful and like I mentioned above, four losses.

Not when the coaches they have could potentially screw it all up. Remember they also still tend to drop games to teams below .500. I just have no more confidence in Tomlin or Butler. Todd Haley is still a mixed bag for me, though I still don't think he's a great OC either.

Literally me with the Chargers. Except like Ken Whisenhunt is a god OC. If Pagano didn't slack some weeks, I would say the same about him.

Fuck Mike McCoy though, and why does everybody keep getting injured.

I don't know why you're saying this to me of all people, because we've had all of four games that weren't one-score in the last two seasons. And we had plenty of one-score games in 2012-2014. I think I've earned the right.Ravens have been doing ugly wins and ugly losses since Jim Caldwell was a Ravens coach.

Fair point, HOWEVER you guys play low scoring games relying on an excellent defense (when healthy) and ball control. Another thing is that while the games may be one score or less, you don't need your offense to bail you out EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. We have way too many skill players to be doing this, honestly it's a bit pathetic.

Tl;dr the ravens play up to their talent level while the lions love to just scrape by even though they should be blowing teams out.

PS we don't have a monster contract sandbagging the team like Flacco is in baltimore

Fair point, HOWEVER you guys play low scoring games relying on an excellent defense (when healthy) and ball control. Another thing is that while the games may be one score or less, you don't need your offense to bail you out EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. We have way too many skill players to be doing this, honestly it's a bit pathetic.

Tl;dr the ravens play up to their talent level while the lions love to just scrape by even though they should be blowing teams out.

These are some pretty pitiful excuses

"High scoring" meaning both teams scored 20+ points since 2012

2012:

23-24 L

31-30 W

31-29 W (Also would like to note that we had to rely on Dan Bailey missing a 55 yarder AFTER Dallas recovered the onside)

20-23 L

28-31 L

38-35 W

34-31 W

2013 (fyi - lots of defensive breakdowns late in the game, Flacco cap hit: 6.8m)

20-23 L

26-23 W

20-23 L

22-20 W

29-26 W

2014 (Flacco cap hit: around 15m):

24-27 L

34-27 W

33-34 L

35-31 L

That year was filled with defensive breakdowns where our offense would average like 25 points in a loss

EDIT: we also blew out a bunch of teams on the strength of our offense

2015 (Flacco cap hit: around 16m):

33-37 L

24-28 L

23-20 W

30-33 L

20-25 L

29-26 W

20-22 L

33-27 W

2016 (Flacco cap hit: around 22.5m):

25-20 W

27-28 L

23-27 L

Lots of defense in 2016, but we've been in a position where our offense has had to bail us out of high scoring games between 2012-2015... unless you're referring to the following games the Lions had:

15-16 L

14-17 L

20-17 W

13-20 L

22-16 W

26-19 W

16-13 W

these aren't very high scoring, and the defense sealed that win on Thursday, so what are you talking about with your offense having to bail you out when you've had 4 high scoring games this season? It's the same shit.

PS we don't have a monster contract sandbagging the team like Flacco is in baltimore

Stafford and Flacco have the same cap hit this season. If you want to criticize our cap situation, then go after Webb's and Pitta's piece of shit contracts for virtually no production. Edited by Lord Raven

Can someone yell at Conservatives to get politics out of my football? I'm tired of doing it myself.

​Case in point, the 'phins/Niners game. I needed Miami to lose. Stop telling me that I love Kaepernick and his ridiculous political comments if I care more about the implications of the game than the player himself.

​Raven, I know that we've had our differences in the SD forum but here, back me up bro. Football is football and only football.

Use some lube next time yeesh. I was going off the top of my head last night lol.

I watch my team and pay attention to your team. Im gonna know if your claim is bullshit, especially since I saw the defense helping your squad out on Thursday.

Yeah, Raven's kind of got a right to complain about close games... And so do I in a different sort of sense, actually. I'm tired of all the close games the Ravens are having as well because just as Ravens fans don't want their team letting the game slip away at the last minute, I don't want the Ravens possibly winning at the last minute! xP I just want teams to beat them to the ground already, not let it go until like the final play! Geez.

Edited by Anacybele

UGH, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We had to get ANOTHER KICKER? Boswell is HURT?! What the hell is WITH this?! Is it a curse now for Steelers kickers to get injured? -_- (remember last year we went through three different kickers until we found Boswell). Now we've had a total of FIVE kickers the past two seasons. This is insane!

Also, wow did the Vikings get screwed Thursday night. I can't stand the Cowboys and they got away with BS again (a hit to Bradford's head which if called would've given the Vikings another chance to tie the game at the last few seconds). Even the commentators said they got away with this one.

Cowboys have had a fair number of favorable calls but they still really solidly outplay everyone. Ravens-Cowboys had some bullshit go their way but that still wouldn't have stopped our drives from stalling and us allowing long ass drives in the second half.