2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Honestly, I'd be upset too if my team's sacred jizz rag that is handed out at every game was compromised by another team's player. Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Also, Pats just clinched their 11th playoff bye since 2001. Next highest team has 5 in that same span

Edited by chococoke

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, current playoff clinching scenario!

NFC

CLINCHED: Dallas Cowboys -- playoff berth; Seattle Seahawks, NFC West title

ELIMINATED: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Arizona, Philadelphia.

DALLAS COWBOYS
Dallas clinches division title and home field advantage throughout playoffs:
1) DAL win or tie
2) NYG loss or tie

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Seattle clinches a first-round bye:
1) SEA win + DET loss + ATL loss or tie

NEW YORK GIANTS
NY Giants clinch a playoff berth:
1) NYG win or tie
2) DET loss or tie
3) GB loss or tie
4) TB loss or tie
5) ATL loss

DETROIT LIONS
Detroit clinches division title:
1) DET win + GB loss or tie
2) DET tie + GB loss

Detroit clinches a playoff berth:
1) DET win + TB loss or tie
2) DET tie + TB loss
3) DET tie + TB tie + ATL win
4) WAS loss or tie + TB loss + ATL win or tie

ATLANTA FALCONS
Atlanta clinches division title:
1) ATL win + TB loss or tie
2) ATL tie + TB loss

Atlanta clinches a playoff berth:
1) ATL win + ATL clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over DET
2) ATL win or tie + GB loss or tie
3) ATL win + DET loss or tie
4) ATL tie + DET tie
5) WAS loss or tie + GB loss
6) WAS loss or tie + GB tie + DET loss

GREEN BAY PACKERS
Green Bay clinches a playoff berth:
1) GB win + WAS loss or tie + TB loss + ATL win or tie + GB clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over TB

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
Tampa Bay clinches playoff berth:
1) TB win + GB loss + DET loss + WAS loss
2) TB win + GB loss + DET loss + WAS tie + TB clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over DET

AFC

CLINCHED: New England Patriots -- division title and first-round bye; Oakland Raiders -- playoff berth.

ELIMINATED: Cleveland, Jacksonville, NY Jets, San Diego, Cincinnati.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
New England clinches home field advantage throughout AFC playoffs:
1) NE win + OAK loss or tie
2) NE tie + OAK loss

OAKLAND RAIDERS
Oakland clinches division title and a first-round bye:
1) OAK win + KC loss or tie
2) OAK tie + KC loss

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Pittsburgh clinches division title:
1) PIT win

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Kansas City clinches a playoff berth:
1) KC win or tie
2) BAL loss or tie

HOUSTON TEXANS
Houston clinches a division title:
1) HOU win + TEN loss

MIAMI DOLPHINS
Miami clinches a playoff berth:
1) MIA win + DEN loss or tie
2) MIA tie + BAL loss + DEN loss + HOU loss or tie
3) MIA tie + BAL loss + DEN loss + TEN loss or tie

Edited by Anacybele

So, TN win means they clinch AFC south, basically? I swear, the only people who like Tennessee are people from around Nashville. That, and maybe former Browns fans (the owner of the Browns is the brother of the governor of Tennessee, not that it actually has to do with anything.)

So, TN win means they clinch AFC south, basically? I swear, the only people who like Tennessee are people from around Nashville. That, and maybe former Browns fans (the owner of the Browns is the brother of the governor of Tennessee, not that it actually has to do with anything.)

Nope, they can't clinch the division this week at all. They win the division if they beat the Jaguars and the Texans.

Nah, sorry, but Cynthia's right. The only team right now that can clinch their division by just winning this week and nothing more are my boys. <3 DO IT DO IT DO IT. AFC NORTH TITLE FOR CHRISTMAS FTW MAN.

Pats are looking good, even with Brady's suspension earlier on and Gronk's injury.. What concerns me is whether or not they can beat the Cowboys, which is my bet for the Super Bowl matchup.

EDIT- Also, back from the dead. What's up SF?

Edited by TheAssassinMercenary

NO. NO COWBOYS. I think they have five Lombardis, and if they go to the Super Bowl and win, they'll get six, and the Steelers will no longer be alone in first with the most Super Bowl titles. :(

Somebody keep the Cowboys AWAY. At least until the Steelers get a seventh. :P I hate the Cowboys anyway.

Speaking of the Pats as well, I saw they might trade Jimmy Garoppolo, and if they do, I want the Steelers to make a good offer. Mettenberger or Landry Jones for him, plz? lol I know, probably not, but it'd be nice. XD

Yeah, I'm not actually getting my hopes up too high. :P

I've been having multiple dreams about the Christmas Steelers vs Ravens match. But none showed how the game ended. Only the Steelers leading by varying amounts (from a field goal to like ten points)...all three times. lol

Don't get worried just yet, lol the Browns have blown a lot of leads to lose in the end. :P

Terry Bradshaw (former Steelers QB from that legendary 70s team) thinks Mike Tomlin isn't a great coach and that Cowher was way better? Wut. Okay, maybe technically NOT great. But Bradshaw is talking as if he thinks Mikey's a bad coach. He's not bad. And Cowher was definitely not way better (he was good too though)I might have said he should probably be fired earlier when we had that four game losing streak, but that was me blowing off steam, really. He may not be GREAT, but he's still pretty good. His only problem is the losses to sub-.500 teams and even then, those aren't ALL his fault. It's a team effort most of the time.

I don't think I'll ever say I want Tomlin fired again. That was a ridiculous statement. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I've seen the argument that Tomin's only Super Bowl win was mostly with Cowher's roster and the Steelers arguably have been treading water since then. If the Steelers fired Tomlin this offseason, I wouldn't really be excited at the possibility of the Jaguars picking him up which I suppose means I think he's fairly mediocre. The Steelers are just a very inconsistent team which to me indicates that their coaching staff doesn't have them always playing at their best.

They're not that inconsistent. They're inconsistent, sure, but not VERY inconsistent. They've also been fucked by big injuries the past two seasons and still made a playoff run last season and almost beat the Broncos in the divisional.

And that's why I said Tomlin isn't GREAT. Just pretty good. If he can fix that inconsistency, he'd be great. He's never had a losing season (Cowher's had a few), he did win Super Bowl 43 with Cowher's guys, but he still got to Super Bowl 45 two years later and almost won that (the Packers were just a better team then). He's also been heading the best offense the Steelers have ever had and the defense is growing up. Tomlin did start with a good team, but after that, he kinda had to build around Big Ben from the ground up. He drafted AB, Bell, young guys for defense, etc. and he's got a near Super Bowl-caliber team again. It's just that inconsistency, yes.

Watch the Giants troll the Cowboys in the playoffs

I've been thinking this exact same thing. lol

Steelers MUST win tomorrow, pleaaaaase. We haven't had a home playoff game in awhile either. I think the last few years we've been a dumb wild card visitor (I know we were last year). And I'm still sick of losing to the Ravens.

Edited by Anacybele

Doesn't mean they're as inconsistent as you say, which they haven't been. They've won five games in a row now, I don't call that inconsistent. It says they've only been inconsistent in the first half of the season. Their only two bad losses were to the Eagles and Dolphins way early in the season as well. Also, the inconsistencies have been partly due to injuries, like I said. I doubt they would've been as inconsistent as they were if they'd been healthy all year.

They beat three bad teams in that 5 game winning streak, and 1 of them was a 24-20 where they were behind most of the game. They didn't have that convincing a win against the Bills, but in general they aren't an easy team to bet on.

Keep in mind that they beat the Chiefs by 29 points, then lost to the Dolphins by 15 points. Chiefs are looking at a playoff run, and could possibly win the division; the Dolphins are on the outside looking in. Their games against the Bengals were within a single score despite the Bengals sucking.

If nothing else, they were pretty inconsistent ever since Tomlin joined... remember the mantra of losing to bad teams and beating good teams? Like how they would lose to the Buccs in 2014, who went on to get the #1 overall pick? They've had tons of stuff like that since Tomlin joined. Being swept by a Ravens team that was indistinguishable from an infirmary is another thing.

Edited by Lord Raven

Not convincing? That Bills game (and the Bengals game to a lesser extent) proved that this team can win even if Ben has a bad game. Not many teams can win if their QB doesn't play well.

remember the mantra of losing to bad teams and beating good teams?

Duh. That's what I've been repeatedly saying is Tomlin's glaring flaw that keeps him from being great. He's still pretty good.