2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

What? That's bullcrap, he never got hurt. He was shaken up a bit on one play, but he got up just fine.

EDIT: Okay, apparently, he did hurt his ankle, and he says he'll be fine to go next week, but I still don't like it. We need Ben 100%. :(

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put too much stock in-game - nobody knew or suspected Flacco tore his ACL until an hour after the game. He still came up just fine for a snap or two.

Also 30 points is easier to score when the offense is anemic but I mean they're not that great a team anyway. It just wouldn't be that much of a blowout.

Anyway last I saw the Giants-Packers is like 3-0 lol, as expected. Did the Packers go on a tear due to bad defenses or what?

The Packers just lost Jordy Nelson, that's what happened. He's one of their big playmakers.

The Steelers are a great team though. Top 5 or so offense and the defense has been top 5 since week 11.

The Dolphins D isn't ultra talented. But, Vance Joseph squeezed every ounce of potential he could, which is what led to their partial success.

I see, that makes sense.

Well, even if Ben's a little less than 100% at KC and he's had some road woes and INT problems, I wouldn't count him or the team out yet. He's still been known to play well while hurt and it's really ABOUT damn time he has a good game. I think the last time he threw at least a couple hundred yards, a few TDs, and with no INTs was...vs the Chiefs earlier this season, actually. He had almost 400 yards passing and 4 TDs and no picks, I believe. Something like that anyway.

The Packers just lost Jordy Nelson, that's what happened. He's one of their big playmakers.

The Steelers are a great team though. Top 5 or so offense and the defense has been top 5 since week 11.

Randall Cobb's timing in coming back couldn't have been better.

This is the first time I've ever seen him get in that kind of trouble. The Rooneys better tell him not to pull such a stunt again or he's getting his ass canned. They don't tolerate this crap as shown when they told Ben to shape up or ship out years ago.

he got arrested on a DUI in 2010

I must've missed that news somehow. But in that case, he probably should get fired NOW then.

All the staff would need to do is put a temporary intern in for right now, then I say have James Harrison retire and make him the new LB coach. Is there anybody else who'd be a better mentor and teacher for these younger guys on the Steelers D-line? I don't think so. Deebo knows his stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

good players don't make the best teachers, so it may be kind of short sighted to say that

like you can have a "mentoring" quality but a coach has to have more of a "teaching" quality, which are pretty different. teaching isn't the same as doing either, a good example being how michael jordan was a really shitty owner for the bobcats

Maybe not for some teams, but the Steelers already have a few guys on their staff that once played for them and they've done fine. Joey Porter himself is one of them, and there's another couple dudes as well whose names escape me. Mike Munchak might be one, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, LOLwow, Porter isn't the only one doing stupid stuff after ballgames lately. Odell Beckham Jr., like the big baby brat he is, punched a hole in the visitor's locker room wall. What a crybaby.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe not for some teams, but the Steelers already have a few guys on their staff that once played for them. Joey Porter himself is one of them, and there's another couple dudes as well whose names escape me. Mike Munchak might be one, but I'm not entirely sure.

i'm not saying that former players are always bad coaches, i'm saying that's not necessarily the case

in general many players have issues with relaying their sense of talent and experience to others. They may have some instinct for the game that's beyond something you can teach - like Ray Lewis or Peyton Manning. They were great at executing but not as good at relaying to other people.

Former players like Sean Payton, Tony Dungy, Jeff Fischer and Jim Harbaugh - Sean Payton being a scab QB, Dungy being an okay at best DB, Jeff Fischer being on IR and Jim Harbaugh being an "ok at best" QB - were good to great coaches because it showed they knew what they were doing while at the same time being able to relay their knowledge. They weren't the best or sometimes even good players, but that just means that they couldn't apply it on the field themselves.

Bart Starr is widely considered the greatest Packers QB of all time and he was an atrocious coach. Norm Van Brocklin was also a very good QB and he was a shit coach. Raymond Berry was incredibly influential (and also really really really fucking good) at the WR position but his head coaching tenure was mediocre at best, with a singular fluke Super Bowl run in 1985.

Also, LOLwow, Porter isn't the only one doing stupid stuff after ballgames lately. Odell Beckham Jr., like the big baby brat he is, punched a hole in the visitor's locker room. What a crybaby.

how do you know he's a big baby? do you personally know him?

assault and DUI is much worse than being emotional and punching a small hole in the wall, it's pretty fucking frustrating to be a constant target in the NY media.

Edited by Lord Raven

how do you know he's a big baby? do you personally know him?

Duh, of course not. But I've witnessed several times where OBJ was just stupidly immature and childish.

1. When he blew up at Josh Norman repeatedly last year.

2. This year he attacked a kicking net.

3. And now he damages a locker room wall.

He keeps losing his temper like crazy because of his team's or his own failures and that's immature.

Edited by Anacybele

a lot of NFC East receivers don't like josh norman..

attacking a kicking net is not a big deal, punching a hole in the wall is probably common and it's only being reported on in this instance

seriously nobody should give a shit

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, I'm finding OBJ's bullshit hilarious.

EDIT: Hey Cynthia, Doug Marrone is going from intern to full time! I like that for the Jags, he did well coaching as intern.

Big Ben is also out of his boot already, that's a good sign. He also said that all the MRI showed was that he aggravated an old fracture. Nothing big at all. Yay!

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: Hey Cynthia, Doug Marrone is going from intern to full time! I like that for the Jags, he did well coaching as intern.

I don't. He was our offensive line coach and our offensive line was bad. I dunno why we picked him over someone with an actual proven track record like Mike Smith or Coughlin.

If you want to change a culture of a losing team, why promote from within? And if we wanted to see if Marrone was the guy, why not can Gus much earlier (like after the Raiders game or something)? This is...disappointing, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hmm apparently Coughlin is the new vice president of football operations.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The Jags won again as soon as Marrone was put in though. And just because one coach was bad at one position doesn't mean he wouldn't be good at another. Look at Bruce Arians. He wasn't a great OC for us because Ben kept taking a lot of shots and getting hurt, but he's a great head coach since he's had success with the Cardinals.

Sure, Ben's still had injuries the past couple of seasons, but he's definitely not taking as many hits as he did before. It was just some bad luck that led to those injuries.

Edited by Anacybele