2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

One game (I'd say two, but they blew their lead in the finale which isn't really a plus) isn't enough of a sample size for me to be particularly enthused about this choice compared to some of the other options available. He'll probably keep the same OC too because they're pals so...yeah wow great.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone also jumped ship from the Bills after a 9-7 season for whatever reason. I've generally not heard anything good about Marrone.

Being the resident Bills fan, I can tell you that there is nothing good about Marrone and the team went 9-7 in spite of him. I blame Schwartz who built the 2nd best defense in the league that year. Nate Hackett was a terrible OC (run/run/pass/punt is his general playbook) and he worked under Marrone in Buffalo.

​Gonna be a long season in Jacksonville next year.

Sean McDermott is now HC in Buffalo. Took a look at his bio to find out why and the connection to Mike Tomlin sticks out. Considering that Whaley made the executive call this time on the HC, it makes a lot of sense (both have history with Tomlin).

Edited by Pepe The Conquerer

The freaking Chargers are going to go to LA too now? Wtf...

The Rams going there is one thing since they kind of started in LA, but this is stupid, imo. The Chargers have been in San Diego forever and now they want to move? This is going to piss off a lot of Chargers fans in the San Diego area. It's not a LONG commute, but still.

EDIT: Wait, apparently the Chargers actually once called LA home too? I've never heard this before...

Oh, it was during their inaugural year and that was it. They went to San Diego right after that which was 56 years ago. Man, how sucky is this for San Diego area fans...

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I still think it's a dumb idea, even though apparently the owner "did everything he could" to keep the team in San Diego.

On another note, my divisional round picks!

Steelers vs Chiefs: I think this'll be pretty close, and I'm still scared of how Ben will play against that friggin ball-hawking Chiefs secondary, but I still have to trust the 3 B's over just about anyone and anywhere, really, and the Steelers' D is still on a hot streak.

Texans vs Patriots: I don't think this needs much explanation. :P Although, I will say that I think it'll be low scoring for the Pats because the Texans have a serious D going on there.

Packers vs Cowboys: I know, I know, Dak and Zeke are oh so hot rookies. But I'd rather trust the QB and team that's been in this neck of the woods before. Also, Rodgers is a hail mary master and I'll cheer for anyone that stops the Cowboys from getting six SBs before the Steelers get seven!

Seahawks vs Falcons: A bit biased here because SOMEBODY PLEASE get the Seahawks out of here, but the Falcons have one of the top offenses and are at home.

Edited by Anacybele

My PO picks:

Steelers vs. Chiefs: Any team that hasn't been to the Superbowl in recent memory deserves to go. Also, Kansas City is the original AFC contender.

Patriots vs. Texans: I swear to God, Houston, if you let Brady into yet another Super Bowl...

Packers vs. Cowboys: Dallas doesn't need 7 Super Bowl wins

Seahawks vs. Falcons: several years ago, I wouldn't want Atlanta anywhere near the Super Bowl (your QB forced dogs to kill each other), but they have a dark horse feel to them.

Well, I still think it's a dumb idea, even though apparently the owner "did everything he could" to keep the team in San Diego.

Glad you used those quotations, because yes, that's a blatant lie X) Our mayor has been doing his best to work with the Chargers but Spanos was being rather stubborn.

Steelers vs. Chiefs: Any team that hasn't been to the Superbowl in recent memory deserves to go. Also, Kansas City is the original AFC contender.

By this logic, shouldn't you have picked the Steelers then? They were in a SB much more recently. :/ (SB 45) Oops, I misread your post here.

Also, the Cowboys only have five SB wins. The Steelers are the only ones with six and the chance to get seven. We must get 7 before Ben retires too, because he's #7 and it's only fitting for #7 to get #7 and 7 is a lucky number as well!

Glad you used those quotations, because yes, that's a blatant lie X) Our mayor has been doing his best to work with the Chargers but Spanos was being rather stubborn.

I wasn't sure whether to believe that either, which is why I used the quotations. But wow, sheesh...

Edited by Anacybele

Fuck the Chargers for wanting public funding and hotel taxes for staying. If tax money is to be spent it shouldn't be a new stadium. Chargers to LA almost came true the last two years, as did Raiders to Vegas a year or two ago.

The Chargers did start in LA though, and they were in LA for a year before they moved to San Diego. San Diego is a transplant city anyway.

Edited by Lord Raven

To me, the move to LA further underscores that the NFL doesn't give a rat's ass about fans and only cares a kit revenue streams. I mean, for fuck's sake, the Chargers are going to spend the next 2 seasons playing home games at an arena that seats 30k. The hell?

I don't think LA is really jumping for joy at having another mediocre team move in- who's even the fanbase for the Chargers at this point? Granted, the team was struggling in San Diego too but still an odd move.

I hope no teams move to London. That's just too far away. There would be serious jet lag for a lot of teams having to travel there, especially for division rivals since they'd have to go there TWICE.

Steelers vs Chiefs has been moved to 8:20 due to bad weather coming in Kansas City. Ick... I like 1:00 games... More time to watch highlights and discuss afterward. :P

And Bud Dupree got fined for his pounding the hell out of Matt Moore in one play. I saw this coming a mile away, that hit was insane and I'm still surprised Moore was able to come back. Dupree, you can't do this stuff, man...

Edited by Anacybele

I hope no teams move to London. That's just too far away. There would be serious jet lag for a lot of teams having to travel there, especially for division rivals since they'd have to go there TWICE.

Steelers vs Chiefs has been moved to 8:20 due to bad weather coming in Kansas City. Ick... I like 1:00 games... More time to watch highlights and discuss afterward. :P

And Bud Dupree got fined for his pounding the hell out of Matt Moore in one play. I saw this coming a mile away, that hit was insane and I'm still surprised Moore was able to come back. Dupree, you can't do this stuff, man...

Not to mention that if the NFL REALLY wants to have an international team, Toronto or Mexico City would make a LOT more sense.

Speaking of NFL International, why only play games in London over in Europe? Why not Munich? Berlin? Amsterdam? Barcelona? etc.

Not to mention that if the NFL REALLY wants to have an international team, Toronto or Mexico City would make a LOT more sense.

Speaking of NFL International, why only play games in London over in Europe? Why not Munich? Berlin? Amsterdam? Barcelona? etc.

Because that would take away more home games and put some teams at an unfair disadvantage. It's also way too much traveling.

Seriously, if Europe wants American football so bad, they should make their own fucking league instead of trying to steal ours. And if it doesn't make enough money/doesn't work out somehow, well that's too bad and unfortunate.

On another note, something hilarious happened today involving Steelers and Ravens fans. lol

*Mom and I walk into Dollar Tree wearing Steelers stuff and we see a Ravens fan at checkout*

Mom: Oh, we were just talking about you!

Me: Yeah, oops, sorry about that!

*third Steelers fan walks in and now the Ravens fan is surrounded*

Ravens fan: Aw now wait a minute!

Me: *laughing and trying vainly not to laugh super hard*

*later on we see the same fans at Walmart*

Me: That poor Ravens fan is just getting ganged up on today! lol

This was just so hilarious! My mom and I didn't say anything mean, don't worry, we just happened to see him and crack a harmless joke to ourselves. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Why is the NFL wanting a second LA team when the Rams literally just moved there? Being from the St Louis area, I know a lot of people were passed with that move, but I guess it makes sense for a huge city like LA to get a team. It seems odd to have a second transplant team so soon, since it's going to lose them most of the old fan base and eat into whatever little fan base the Rams were trying to put together. If anything, California already has too many teams, move them somewhere like Vegas, if they really want to move.

Sorry, I'm not a huge football fan, I'm more of a baseball nut, but this news just intrigues me.

The Raiders might move to Vegas. But I agree, California has more than enough teams and I think the Rams should've stayed in St. Louis myself. I always heard that LA wasn't a big football city, as in not as many people there were into it. They seemed to be more basketball fans than anything.

The Chargers had problems funding a new stadium (I guess they really need one), though, and it seems that financial stuff in general is the reason for the move. I still don't like it though.

They should stop trying to get tax dollars to fund their stadiums. If an NFL team is so poorly run that they can't turn a profit, they have bigger issues.

Because that would take away more home games and put some teams at an unfair disadvantage. It's also way too much traveling.

Seriously, if Europe wants American football so bad, they should make their own fucking league instead of trying to steal ours. And if it doesn't make enough money/doesn't work out somehow, well that's too bad and unfortunate.

Um I don't think Europe particularly cares, it's the NFL that wants to expand. Replace "Europe" with anything else and the same thing applies. Europe isn't trying to "steal" a league the NFL is simply showing a lot of interest in expansion. No need to get worked up; the NFL is a business that sees money overseas.

An NFL team in London doesn't take away home games; every gets 8 home and 8 away regardless with an NFL team in Europe, with probably no London games to take one away.

Also, there was an NFL Europe, and the NFL decided to shut it down for whatever reason. James Harrison was on an NFL Europe team after being cut by the Steelers and Ravens in training camp.

They should stop trying to get tax dollars to fund their stadiums. If an NFL team is so poorly run that they can't turn a profit, they have bigger issues.

tbh I think the Raiders are well run and they make a profit but Mark Davis literally only gets football money whereas every other owner is a greedy corporate billionaire that won't fund their own stadium and tries to grab shit from everyone else to do it. Not that I still excuse it, but the NFL isn't helping the Raiders out at all despite revenue sharing.

Edited by Lord Raven

Um I don't think Europe particularly cares, it's the NFL that wants to expand. Replace "Europe" with anything else and the same thing applies. Europe isn't trying to "steal" a league the NFL is simply showing a lot of interest in expansion. No need to get worked up; the NFL is a business that sees money overseas.

An NFL team in London doesn't take away home games; every gets 8 home and 8 away regardless with an NFL team in Europe, with probably no London games to take one away.

Also, there was an NFL Europe, and the NFL decided to shut it down for whatever reason. James Harrison was on an NFL Europe team after being cut by the Steelers and Ravens in training camp.

tbh I think the Raiders are well run and they make a profit but Mark Davis literally only gets football money whereas every other owner is a greedy corporate billionaire that won't fund their own stadium and tries to grab shit from everyone else to do it. Not that I still excuse it, but the NFL isn't helping the Raiders out at all despite revenue sharing.

It's as much the politicians fault for agreeing to use tax dollars for sports teams. I honestly think there should be a policy that no revenue should ever be diverted to professional sports teams.

Yeah, I agree, I'm just saying that the Raiders are most likely in kind of a really shitty situation where Mark Davis literally cannot afford the stadium due to not making enough money outside of the Raiders. I also think the Packers fans 100% rely on themselves to fund the stadium, though the fans are the owners of the Packers so I guess this isn't so bad?

Having that said, I think there should be less greed between the owners and more cooperation for the construction of stadiums. Gives people more money to spend on their product; I am far from a capitalist but this seems like the most win-win situation.

Yeah, I agree, I'm just saying that the Raiders are most likely in kind of a really shitty situation where Mark Davis literally cannot afford the stadium due to not making enough money outside of the Raiders. I also think the Packers fans 100% rely on themselves to fund the stadium, though the fans are the owners of the Packers so I guess this isn't so bad?

Having that said, I think there should be less greed between the owners and more cooperation for the construction of stadiums. Gives people more money to spend on their product; I am far from a capitalist but this seems like the most win-win situation.

Yeah, I'm only partly familiar with the Packers' set-up, but if the residents of the area get partial ownership of the team, that would be an agreement that I could conceivably support. St Louis got screwed in their previous deal with the Rams, since they paid for it, then the Rams cut and ran at the first opportunity. There's talks about them wanting to get a soccer team, but no one here really cares about soccer, to be honest, so I don't see why.

Unless there's a deal the gives the people some skin in the game in exchange for taxpayer funding, I think the NFL should just be paying for their own darned stadiums. If they're spending their own money, it won't be as annoying when they whine about their stadium deals.

I think it's because Shahid Khan owns a London-based soccer team.

The Raiders might move to Vegas. But I agree, California has more than enough teams and I think the Rams should've stayed in St. Louis myself. I always heard that LA wasn't a big football city, as in not as many people there were into it. They seemed to be more basketball fans than anything.

The Chargers had problems funding a new stadium (I guess they really need one), though, and it seems that financial stuff in general is the reason for the move. I still don't like it though.

nah, the rams coming back is definitely welcome. we love our basketball, but that's not to say we don't also love our football. college ball is a big deal, so the nfl is too.