2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys did good, sorry we had to be the ones to knock you out.

At least with this one I can say that despite how our season went, we can hold our heads high, and hope for better next year.

I feel a lot better tonight than I did after last year's NFC Title game

I know the feeling. Despite all the bumps, bruises, and brain farts, my Steelers are still in this. And if we lose tomorrow, we at least have some good excuses, that being the injuries. We can hold our heads high too.

Kudos to the Packers, they put up a great game despite everything. And of course, Kudos to the Cardinals for coming out on top in that crazy finish.

Love that the Pats o-line looked decent all game. Don't love the defense playing pretty poorly all game (and Collins/Mayo both going out with injuries.)

Originally I wanted the Steelers to win tomorrow. However, I believe that would require Peyton basically gift wrapping the game and handing it to Pittsburgh (he's done this at least once this season.) Honestly, I'd be fine seeing the Broncos beat them down tomorrow. Definitely going to be watching that center for the Steelers to see what kind of stuff he gets thrown at him after that cheap shot on Denver's safety in their first match up.

no seriously can someone explain the whole "blitz on a hail mary" thing? i feel like the hail mary attempts from rodgers this season were almost gift wrapped to him because the coaches felt like a proper 8 DB/tall receivers hail mary coverage is just boring as fuck so they gotta make things more exciting. like literally there was like double coverage on that dude (whatever the hell his name is) in the endzone and he had plenty of space to catch it. nobody was in front of him and he covered up the people behind them

seriously coaching a hail mary defense should be the easiest fucking thing. stay in your position and follow them when they start to run past you and do not tip it upwards

like i am actually really pissed over arians and caldwell completely fucking up a hail mary defense

Packers out yay.

They're like cockroach, survive even nuke, so the opponent must stomp them hard.

I hope Steelers beat Broncos, Peyton is done and a zillionth Broncos-Patriots chapter would be really boring, Pats would steamroll them for sure.

yeah i guess the pats have always steamrolled the broncos in denver lol

>_>

also this is basically only #2 in the playoffs with broncos!manning/brady and it's going to probably be the last - let's enjoy it while we can, because fuck the steelers. last year the broncos got eliminated by the colts, the year before the broncos steamrolled them in the AFCCG, and the year before the broncos and Pats got knocked out by the Ravens. And if you're still count, the 2011-2012 playoffs had the Patriots steamrolling the Broncos. note how all three of these broncos/patriots teams that met in the playoffs were worlds apart. if anything i expect a broncos-pats rematch this season to go in the Broncos favor because for whatever reason Belichick has always had trouble against the Mike Shanahan West Coast/zone/one-cut/second level rushing based offenses. I think only like 2012 did Kubiak's or one of the Shanahans' offenses ever not do substantial damage to the Patriots, and that's because the Patriots met the Texans in their post-achilles injury Schaub/walking corpse phase.

as for pitt vs denver idk what's gonna happen there but that broncos defense is fucking phenomenal, apparently beating the 2000 Ravens who are often argued as the greatest defense of all time in DVOA. DVOA isn't an end-all be-all but it's easy to take for granted sometimes the sheer quality of certain things we see in the modern game. Like that Denver defense.

However, I believe that would require Peyton basically gift wrapping the game and handing it to Pittsburgh (he's done this at least once this season.)

he did it exactly once this season, against the chiefs

And if we lose tomorrow, we at least have some good excuses, that being the injuries.

and that fugly secondary

anyway, i'm either going cardinals or broncos to win it all. Kubiak better not have left us for nothing, and I am forever thankful to that man for actually creating a good offensive foundation in Baltimore for the first time since I was 4 years old.

On the subject of Baltimore offenses, rest in peace to Ted Marchibroda - he was the inaugural coach of the Ravens from 1996 to 1998.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, and guess who was the only QB to throw 300 yards against the Broncos and the only team to get more than 30 points on the Broncos this season? Big Ben and the Steelers! The Steelers offense right now was (potentially) phenomenal too! But now we don't have the weapons that made that possible anymore. AB and De-Lo out, Ben has a beat up shoulder. :(

Defense would have to win this one for us. We could've crushed the Broncos again since I think Peyton sucks now and Osweiler was better than him. But now there's no telling what could happen in this game because that Broncos' D is still very good despite their offense suffering from old man Peyton syndrome. We need the defense that was shutting out the Bungles for three straight quarters.

Also, Panthers, please crush the Seahawks. You guys did it once, you can do it again. DO EET. I wanna wear my new Luke Kuechly jersey and be happy in the end too. Also, Steelers/Panthers Super Bowl let's get it!

and that fugly secondary

I'd say they're more just very inconsistent rather than terrible at this point. I mean, I've seen them look both pretty good AND really bad this year. But they do need to work on that and that's my biggest concern.

Hey, since Ed Reed is a coach now, can we try convincing Polamalu to train our DBs?

Edited by Anacybele

I read a blurb on rotoworld about Mike Wallace and it got me thinking... I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign a prove-it deal with the Ravens next season. Seems like a good QB/offense that he can rehab his value in (Bridgewater couldn't really throw the ball downfield) and would give Baltimore a deep threat compliment to the baby punching "Ice up!" fellow.

Mike Wallace, huh? I'll never forget that guy. He was a Steeler hero...for a short time. He won us that amazing game against the Packers in 2009. Caught the game winning TD as a rookie! But he's not really going anywhere because he was asking for more money and he keeps changing teams, probably still asking for more money. Dude is greedy and that's why the Steelers dumped him.

EDIT: ARGH I THOUGHT THE PANTHERS WEREN'T PLAYING UNTIL TONIGHT AND I JUST MISSED A LUKE KUECHLY PICK-SIX! D: Well, Tony Romo and Russell Wilson now have him in common lol. 13-0 CAROLINA!!

EDIT2: 21-ZIP CAROLINA. Hahaha, sucks to you, Seahawks!

Edited by Anacybele

as for pitt vs denver idk what's gonna happen there but that broncos defense is fucking phenomenal, apparently beating the 2000 Ravens who are often argued as the greatest defense of all time in DVOA. DVOA isn't an end-all be-all but it's easy to take for granted sometimes the sheer quality of certain things we see in the modern game. Like that Denver defense.

The 2000 Ravens don't do as well in DVOA as they do in traditional stats- they played a lot of bad offensive teams.

Seahawks getting rekt here is pretty surprising as this doesn't happen to them...pretty much ever. Haven't lost by more than 10 since 2011.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Woooow. Russell Wilson picked off AGAIN. Hahaha are these guys even trying? lol!

EDIT: These Seasquawks must really NOT be trying, 31-zip Carolina! Holy shit wow. XD

Edited by Anacybele

...Ugh, I should've known this would happen. Panthers did the same thing against the Giants. Building a huge ass lead and then nearly blowing it and it looks like the same is happening here. Thankfully the Panthers still beat the Giants, but I hate this BS regardless.

I read a blurb on rotoworld about Mike Wallace and it got me thinking... I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign a prove-it deal with the Ravens next season. Seems like a good QB/offense that he can rehab his value in (Bridgewater couldn't really throw the ball downfield) and would give Baltimore a deep threat compliment to the baby punching "Ice up!" fellow.

if he asks too much money we'll pass him over

we don't want another Torrey Smith, especially since we're hoping Breshad Perriman is that receiver we need. Wallace isn't.

Refs helping the Seahawks now, just perfect. That one sideline catch wasn't a catch, he only dragged one foot in bounds. The other was just barely off the ground. There was also a hold that should've been called on Lynch.

Still, it's BS how the Panthers are blowing another huge lead regardless. Unnacceptable and there's no excuse for it.

EDIT: Huh, these guys managed to hang on! Still gave me and probably every other Panthers fan watching this a scare though. >_< But NFC TITLE GAME YES!! Steelers just need to move on as well, though I still have doubts here... Sigh...

EDIT2: Wow, Ben, if you can throw like THAT, your shoulder seems fine enough to me. Just don't take any big hits... Though seriously, that could've been a quick score had Wheaton not been overthrown there. >_<

EDIT3: Wow, Steelers in front by 4 now, I'm impressed at how well they're doing all things considered! Man, I just keep underestimating my own team somehow. But GO STEELERS!!

EDIT4: Ugggh, Wheaton, STOP MUFFING THE DAMN PUNT. He's lucky that this hasn't yet resulted in a Broncos ball. I miss AB. >_<

EDIT5: Ugh, god DAMN IT. This was actually a winnable game and it got thrown away by a fucking fumble. Although, I still bet that if that had been DeAngelo Williams, that wouldn't have happened. There goes my dream Super Bowl. Again. For the second season in a row...

Edited by Anacybele

Should've been a Steelers/Patriots AFC game. But NO, Toussaint had to ruin everything. The drive was going great. We had the lead. We were also in FG range anyway. But NOPE.

Although, some Steelers fans are being way too hard on him. Calling him a traitor because he's an ex-Raven and saying he should be cut all because of one mistake? I guess Le'Veon Bell should've been dropped after the ONE time he fumbled too.

Also, some other people are going to claim that this means the NFL is rigged, because it's quite possibly Peyton's last season and of course he'd want to go out with a bang. I saw someone say that if the Broncos win and keep moving forward, things are rigged. But I don't want to believe that. That's just dumb.

Edited by Anacybele

I remember Toussaint when he was at Michigan. He sucked then and he's still bad now. His only good season was because the defense was so keyed in on Denard Robinson that they basically ignored him every play. lol

He wasn't that bad. He made ONE big mistake. Otherwise, he did well for us. He got a TD against the best defense in the league today. He's not amazing, no, but he's not bad either.

Edited by Anacybele

Should've been a Steelers/Patriots AFC game. But NO, Toussaint had to ruin everything. The drive was going great. We had the lead. We were also in FG range anyway. But NOPE.

so what stops peyton from driving down for a TD if you score the field goal

so what stops peyton from driving down for a TD if you score the field goal

What stops that FG from actually being a TD? Lots of other things could've happened if the fumble didn't.

that's basically my point here

steelers score a TD? broncos get a TD + 2pc and tie it anyway

there's a lot that can happen here

Edited by Lord Raven

All I know is that this is the end of Ana gloating about how good her team is for the rest of the season and how we're all not worthy to be in the presence of the Steelers.

Gimme a Broncos/Cards showdown. Because the last thing I need is to hear from Pats friends of mine about how great NE is and how shitty Buffalo is. I can't wait for the tables to be turned... one day.

EDIT: Raven, I said the same thing too when the owner of my bar showed me the Hail Mary this morning. First reaction: Why are you blitzing and not playing Prevent?

Edited by Jim Moriarty